• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is a big downgrade - Silent Hill 2 Remake

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Didn't know about that.

I wouldn't trust Bloober either after playing their licensed games :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Western media and supposed "purists" wants to burry it and memory hole it, and still "blame Bloober" meme.

At least there is a semi-AAA studio keeping psychological horror games alive. Outside of a handful of indies, it's not a genre being pushed by big AAA other than campy action jump scare "horror."

For a news guy, you sure are slacking? Trying to push an agenda?

We learned at this year's TGS, that Konami and Ito had more control over the project than Bloober. That Bloober wanted to remain a faithful copy to the original, and Konami/Ito stepped in and made changes. Nobody wants to ever blame the sacred Japanese designers, eh? Even though they admitted on stage at TGS to controlling the project and all of it's changes from designs to music to camera angles and boss fights/controls.

If people have their panties in a twist, the blame falls on Konami and the OG designers like Ito.

I've always thought this new SH2 was more along the lines of Capcom's REmake series of Resi games than a faithful remake of the original. Konami's messaging has been pretty much hinting at that angle as well 🤷‍♂️ I guess folk weren't really paying attention this whole time

RPCGamer

I've always thought this new SH2 was more along the lines of Capcom's REmake series of Resi games than a faithful remake of the original. Konami's messaging has been pretty much hinting at that angle as well 🤷‍♂️ I guess folk weren't really paying attention this whole time
As someone detached from this project, I didn't know. That is odd though. Konami don't usually care going by previous attempts.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President

We learned at this year's TGS, that Konami and Ito had more control over the project than Bloober. That Bloober wanted to remain a faithful copy to the original, and Konami/Ito stepped in and made changes. Nobody wants to ever blame the sacred Japanese designers, eh? Even though they admitted on stage at TGS to controlling the project and all of it's changes from designs to music to camera angles and boss fights/controls.

If people have their panties in a twist, the blame falls on Konami and the OG designers like Ito.

boom smile GIF

luca_29_bg

I knew Bloober would fuck this up. Every game they make is like this with shite cinematics, stiff animation and usually shit performance. The Medium was an absolute slog.

Deep deep sale next year. Just play the superb enhanced pc edition of the original.

You can enhance it as much as you want, it's a game 23 years old, and it looks like shit today. There is nothing superb about it!

Puscifer

Man...what is this? The camera angles are awful, Maria is so stiff in her movements and her behavior doesn't resemble her personality. And why does her voice actor sound so bored? And why is her head so big? The original Maria had wider shoulders and normal proportions, why do developers insist to make women like this in modern games?

Goddammit, I knew hiring Bloober Team to do this was a mistake

New James has really grown on me, but damn Maria has less personality than a cardboard box.

Puscifer

Yeah I should say that ito has even said on Twitter multiple times that he would like to "fix the art for hd televisions" and he got his chance. I can't blame bloober in this case, FWIW they got what they wanted. I doubt many of the other team members who made the game were on board.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Western media and supposed "purists" wants to burry it and memory hole it, and still "blame Bloober" meme.

At least there is a semi-AAA studio keeping psychological horror games alive. Outside of a handful of indies, it's not a genre being pushed by big AAA other than campy action jump scare "horror."

Reviews will be out in 15 hours. I still predicting this will be their best reviewed and succeseful game.

MiguelItUp

But Delta Snake is as faithful as it can be. They dont want to change Kojima's masterpiece I guess.
Very valid point, but I'm sure it's because it's a different Konami team overall. You know the new Konami SH team vs whoever is helming Delta. Not sure what the variables are, but it's clear the Konami SH2 team wanted to change things.

Draugoth

Gold Member
You just wait, if it scores 88-92. Everyone will magically remember Konami and Ito involvement and not give a lick to Bloober. 🤭

My guess it will be 81-83. But 88 would be crazy and make it sell a million copies in a day.

Very valid point, but I'm sure it's because it's a different Konami team overall. You know the new Konami SH team vs whoever is helming Delta. Not sure what the variables are, but it's clear the Konami SH2 team wanted to change things.

The OG SH2 is pretty short, Bloober made the right choice in expanding it

MiguelItUp

Reviews will be out in 15 hours. I still predicting this will be their best reviewed and succeseful game.
You just wait, if it scores 88-92. Everyone will magically remember Konami and Ito involvement and not give a lick to Bloober. 🤭
Definitely. Game sucks, "Thanks a lot Bloober!"
Game is decent/solid, "Thanks a lot Konami!"

My guess it will be 81-83. But 88 would be crazy and make it sell a million copies in a day.

The OG SH2 is pretty short, Bloober made the right choice in expanding it
Very true! Had to fluff it up in areas to fill it up better. Just have to hope that they made some good choices. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Matsuchezz

The fact that they tamed her sexual appeal by a lot ????? are you like blind ? Thats how the og authors intended it, who the heck are these polish dudes to change that.
You are all fired up like if your not with me you are against me.
I gave you proof, you are just doing what a classic leftist does, gaslighting everyone , that doesnt work here friend
this guy is also pretty upset.

Where these fucktards come from all of the sudden I hadn’t seen this kind of user in here since I joined:

Top Bottom