• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those awful right-wing Facebook pics your friends/family share

Status
Not open for further replies.

NR1

Another gem that popped on my news feed today:

2BED9CC6-B616-41D4-A7B6-4AF1FB32F016.png.jpeg

The amount of fucking Islamophobia and Muslimophobia is fucking disgusting. This example was from a long time ago. Of course I absolutely called out the bitch that posted this and she proceeded to call me a "Keyboard warrior hippie"

ZEbH0qA.png

For a bonus, this was a winner from the string of comments that followed:

But anyway, the reason I posted here was because someone shared this garbage (guy that shares confederate flag shit all the time):

mEQC3nO.png

I bit and watched the video, exactly what I expected: "The enemy is Islam, terrorists on our own soil, blah blah blah rabble rabble racist garbage."

It's quite fucking disgusting and I make sure to call these assholes out every time I see it.

I'd rather not give them the clicks, but if you want to see the video here's a link: http://video.lauraingraham.com/She-...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Unfortunately I couldn't find it on YouTube anywhere.

Hot Blonde Chick is talking! She must be right!

Was it lowered for Sandy Hook or Virginia Tech or any of the other ones? I honestly don't remember. Typically civilian national tragedies aren't honored that way. Its a case by case basis I know that much.

I think it was for Sandy Hook and Virginian Tech. I might be wrong though.

Was it lowered for Sandy Hook or Virginia Tech or any of the other ones? I honestly don't remember. Typically civilian national tragedies aren't honored that way. Its a case by case basis I know that much.

We COULD just kind of remember that a state Senator was killed, which to me falls under "government"

The funny thing about this pic is that the person who made it was probably Christian who likely doesn't associate with people of other religions

What a joke. The amount of times I've heard "as a Christian/Muslim" in my life got to a point that I made a list of things I do/have done voluntarily without those labels. Helping the handicap isn't exclusive. Riding for diseases isn't exclusive. Volunteering for the homeless isn't exclusive.

Space Ghost didn't make me do it..being a human being did..

El Odio

Banned
While out biking today I saw a guy in a pickup truck drive by with two giant flags set up on both sides of the trunk. The first one was the good ol' confederate flag and the second was the "Don't tread on me" one. Just another day in suburban Illinois I guess, wish I could've taken a picture.

While out biking today I saw a guy in a pickup truck drive by with two giant flags set up on both sides of the trunk. The first one was the good ol' confederate flag and the second was the "Don't tread on me" one. Just another day in suburban Illinois I guess, wish I could've taken a picture.
Heh..sounds like Virginia. In Florida, they just double up on the treasonous flag..plus matching tag and seat covers..

The 5 days is fairly irritating tho, and I'm pretty liberal. That one is a legitimate gripe and that is a decision that Obama actually is responsible to make.

I was actually wondering what the usual length of time is between a death and the President lowering the flag. I might have to look it up and crunch some numbers or something.

BradC00

I saw the same truck in Utah.
Obviously not really but I did see a truck with a confederate flag and a don't tread on me snake flag

UFO

Banned
Amazing amount of salt in this thread. Really enhances the flavor of hypocrisy. Judging entire groups by a flag they choose to fly. Mocking their culture and their intelligence.

Preach openness, practice dogmatism. Stay classy GAF.

Amazing amount of salt in this thread. Really enhances the flavor of hypocrisy. Judging entire groups by a flag they choose to fly. Mocking their culture and their intelligence.

There is a lot of salt in this thread, these are some salty pictures.

I do wish I could be as classy as the people who fly racist flags to celebrate a heritage of hate that they're not even a part of.

Tell us how you really feel.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Fuck their culture of ignorance and hatred. You're an idiot if you support that flag, plain and simple. Straight up the wrong side of history. Come on, now.

Anyone who flies the confederate flag is a racist.

A_Gorilla

Banned

Their culture supports racism, homophobia, and bigotry.

Fuck'em.

Low prices are much better for the customer than high wages are. High wages don't affect the customer in any way, other than the fact that they increase prices of the food, which drives customers away haha. It's not good for the economy either, because if you raise minimum wage you also increase the standard of living. The main result is now just all the numbers are higher.

The 10 years thing simply shows that these changes have to happen over a long period of time. People might not care if the price of food slowly increases over time, but you'll certainly notice if the price of all the McDonald's meals goes up to $10.

And they're failing on the awareness front too. Since the increase they're asking for is so ignorantly ridiculous, they're actually alienating more people than they're informing. People aren't thinking "you know, maybe the minimum wage should increase!", they're thinking "wow, those idiots have no idea what they're talking about". In my experience, it's doing the opposite of what you're suggesting.

I think it's had an opposite effect on the discourse. The $15/hr is unlikely to be passed beyond a few coastal cities (whose costs of living are high enough to probably be able to afford it anyway), but a fringe but respectable proposal at the outer edges of $15/hr moves the Overton Window. Basically it makes things like 10 or 12/hr, which in the absence of the fight for fifteen folks would be the outer edge of respectable progressive politics, sound like reasonable compromises in comparison.

How could someone practice openness towards those who believe in racism and bigotry? I'm genuinely looking for an explanation.

I'd suggest saying to them 'OK, let's bomb Mecca. We'll do it, if you can point to it on a map'.

They will point somewhere in Mexico, and complain when told their error that the map is not "patriotically labelled".

And then they will point India or somewhere in the Middle of Africa.

I have seen both, the first time the guy had just landed from Texas a couple of days before, and was socked, SOCKED nobody was raiding donkeys and we have internet (2003).

The second, it was this girl who was in Mexico to "study" the indigenous people (She was doing her frikin PhD!).

A_Gorilla

Banned
They will point somewhere in Mexico, and complain when told their error that the map is not "patriotically labelled".

And then they will point India or somewhere in the Middle of Africa.

I have seen both, the first time the guy had just landed from Texas a couple of days before, and was socked, SOCKED nobody was raiding donkeys and we have internet (2003).

The second, it was this girl who was in Mexico to "study" the indigenous people (She was doing her frikin PhD!).

To be fair, there are many native americans in Mexico and Central America.

Texas dude has no excuse...

Dai101

Banned

3rl5reR.gif

pgtl_10

That video is just her essentially beating around the bush and saying that the reason Obama won't come out and say it was radical Islam is because Obama himself is a Muslim terrorist. On a no name news organization no less(seriously, what the hell is this, some really obscure cable channel or something?).

I've seen the channel. It's worse than Fox.

It is ironic that the people that are so often on the right side of power divides are completely blind to the cultural and class prejudice that makes shitting on southerners socially acceptable.

To be clear, I'm gay and have no love for the Confederate Flag, but you have to realize that making fun of rednecks is definitely Punching Down, not Punching Up.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
We are not even near election and this thread is a smoldering fire
= p

He is recognized as a prophet, yes. Just not as the Son of God like Christians believe. Anyways, Christians aren't supposed to drink alcohol or eat pork either.

Yea, dogs and pigs were deemed unclean back then, which is also why they aren't usually permissible for consumption in Abrahamic religions.
I thought so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom