• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those awful right-wing Facebook pics your friends/family share

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielcw

That's the hook. It's implying that Obama personally ordered him to stand down.

Well it's implying Obama shouldn't be able to... but, unless I'm seriously crazy on how chain of command works, Commander in Chief is kind of the top of the line.
I understand it the same way Ignatz Mouse did. The image is implying, that Obama ordered the General to not help.

Rhomega Beta should post this in response to the pic.
Who?

Rhomega Beta should post this in response to the pic.

I'd probably get a "Snopes is controlled by the government" kind of response. Also:
12189171_1075110552499660_324223760661312301_n.jpg

M.Bluth

I'd probably get a "Snopes is controlled by the government" kind of response. Also:
12189171_1075110552499660_324223760661312301_n.jpg

There's so much to love about that graph...
The Y-axis made to look much bigger than it actually is—linking Bush Sr and Clinton with Bush Jr.'s administrations to obfuscate the fact that Clinton did better while it went down under both Bushes... man!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
holy shit, this thread is still going. I had no idea it got moved to community.

This shit infuriates me. I called Paul Ryan a hypocrite the other day and there's this one guy I went to highschool with who always comments whenever I call a republican a hypocrite. I posted the article about Ryan demanding family time but has voted against every bill that enables more. And he posts about how he's not necessarily opposed to it he just doesn't think he it should be mandated.

FOX news has done a great job brainwashing people. You can't even reason with most of these people.

So, I have somebody on Facebook who I called a friend in high school but nothing more than a acquaintance these days.

Guy recently posted a picture of his new flag pole with the American flag on top, which is fine, but underneath a tea party flag, the one with the rattle snake. We live in Southern California...

What made me laugh is the fucker works for the Sheriffs department lol. Ya fucker, don't want to get "treaded" on by the government when that is exactly what the dude does for the government.

Vlad

So, I have somebody on Facebook who I called a friend in high school but nothing more than a acquaintance these days.

Guy recently posted a picture of his new flag pole with the American flag on top, which is fine, but underneath a tea party flag, the one with the rattle snake. We live in Southern California...

What made me laugh is the fucker works for the Sheriffs department lol. Ya fucker, don't want to get "treaded" on by the government when that is exactly what the dude does for the government.

While I'm not saying that he's NOT affiliating himself with the Tea Party, I just wanted to point out that it's an actual flag that predates the TP.

One of my cousins shared one of the original Marine Todd stories on FB yesterday without realizing that it was lampooning the very message he wanted us to read.

captive

One of my favorite new things is "I'm a black guy and I just got pulled over and lived to tell the tale!" posts.

like this one I just saw, complete with the guys picture
So, I'm driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. I'm already preparing for the stop.

The lights go on and I pull over. The officer asks me how I'm doing, and then asks if I have any weapons.

"Yes, sir. I'm a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is in my back-right pocket."

The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle. I explain that I'm running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer can't unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I'm running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him I'm with the National Guard.

Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know he's got me on at least two infractions. I'm thinking of how to pay them.

Officers return with my Glock in an evidence back, locked and cleared. "Because you were cool with us and didn't give us grief, I'm just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible."

I smile. "Thank you, sir."

I'm a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn't be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities.

Maybe...just maybe...that notion is bunk.

Maybe if you treat police officers with respect, they will do the same to you.

Police officers are people, too. By far and large, most are good people and they're not out to get you.

I'd like to thank those two officers and TPD in general for another professional contact.

We talk so much about the bad apples who shouldn't be wearing a badge. I'd like to spread the word about an example of men who earned their badges and exemplify what that badge stands for.

‪#‎BlueLivesMatter‬ ‪#‎AllLivesMatter‬

[EDIT: In my rush to post, I accidentally omitted that my wallet was in the back-right pocket, near my firearm. This was the primary motivation for temporary disarmament. The post has been modified to reflect that.

Again, I'd like to thank the TPD and their officers for their consistent professionalism, courtesy, and the good work that they do, both in this particular contact and every day.]

captive

I knew exactly what it was going to be as soon as I started reading it. I've seen 3 or 4 of them now?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So there's a new, ugly ass fucking license plate available in Virginia:

I've seen a few in the area, but today I saw it...on a Prius. That guy is confused.

New? I've noticed them for a few years now...

I make it a game to count how many I see wherever I drive---I don't think I've ever seen less than five in a single trip.

Don't even know what to say to this one:
602047_567516153259786_1864455893_n.jpg

This just reinforces the notion that conservatives don't know anything about how and when rape occurs. They always imagine a rapist standing on the opposite side of the room announcing they're going to rape the victim, when in realty, it usually happens when 1) the rapist is already in a position of power (such as when the victim is unconscious) and 2) the rapist is known by victim before hand.

But hey, I'm probably just preaching to the choir.

RDreamer

This just reinforces the notion that conservatives don't know anything about how and when rape occurs. They always imagine a rapist standing on the opposite side of the room announcing they're going to rape the victim, when in realty, it usually happens when 1) the rapist is already in a position of power (such as when the victim is unconscious) and 2) the rapist is known by victim before hand.

But hey, I'm probably just preaching to the choir.

They think of things in such childish terms. Rape is done by some boogie man evil person that you can see a mile away! You can be a hero if you have a gun!

But yeah in reality I think adding a gun to that equation you just described is fucking bad news most of the time.

Siegcram

That one like sells it.

And if I would ever see someone on my FB-feed share that rape picture I would use FB for the first ime to find out an address. That's not gonna fly.

El Odio

Banned
The thing that kills me about the rape picture is that it once posted by someone but liked by a friend of mine who is largely liberal so I'd have figured they know how fucking stupid of a statement it is.

Kaiterra

Banned
10857890_10152917749983638_929654801410355975_n.jpg

I love jokes about child abuse, very fun.

Haha I just popped in to make a comment after seeing an aunt post this same one. Every time I see a pro-corporal punishment meme like this or something going on about how kids don't have discipline these days... It kills me how EVERY DAMN TIME it's from some older relative or coworker about whom I have TOTALLY heard stories where they were hellraisers as kids.

obin_gam

Just experienced this myself lol. My colleague is a very nice and chill social science taecher with both feets on the ground. She shares a facebook account with her husband... who is seemingly a racist. Kinda astonishing actually - I feel kinda awkward blocking the account from my feed because sometimes the posts are fine and interesting, but I don't want to read the bigoted media stuff he shares.

Just experienced this myself lol. My colleague is a very nice and chill social science taecher with both feets on the ground. She shares a facebook account with her husband... who is seemingly a racist. Kinda astonishing actually - I feel kinda awkward blocking the account from my feed because sometimes the posts are fine and interesting, but I don't want to read the bigoted media stuff he shares.

You can 'hide all content from this page's to block the sources of the shit being shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom