• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time to eat crow regarding "Guardians of the Galaxy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Thor 2 and the Iron Man sequels were the worst of all the Marvel Studios films. Here's my ranking

GOD TIER - Guardians, Iron Man 1, Avengers.

REALLY GOOD MOVIE - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

DECENT FLICKS - Thor 1, Captain America: First Avenger, Incredible Hulk

MEDIOCRE FILMS - Thor 2,

HOT GARBAGE - Iron Man 2, 3

As much as I didn't like Iron Man 2, I still think part 3 takes the cake in worst Marvel film. Really didn't like it.

As for Guardians, what a fun theater experience. Enjoyed the hell out of it and I'm glad I didn't doubt it.
Kind of agree on this except I haven't seen GotG yet but Avengers was great. I would put Captain America and Thor as "Really Good Movies" though. I never cared much for any of the Iron Man movies but the second one was bad.

I really liked Blade, btw. I wonder if they can get Denzel Washington back for Blade in the MCU, even if just for a cameo?

Siegcram

Kind of agree on this except I haven't seen GotG yet but Avengers was great. I would put Captain America and Thor as "Really Good Movies" though. I never cared much for any of the Iron Man movies but the second one was bad.

I really liked Blade, btw. I wonder if they can get Denzel Washington back for Blade in the MCU?
The hell?

Damn, I didn't know we could make crow threads anymore. I totally should make my "eat crow folks who said Kinect would never be removed from XBO package people" thread :(

anyway, I didn't think it'd too as well as a normal Marvel film, but I didn't think it'd be a flop either. I guess I deserve to eat like maybe a crows foot or something.

That would truly be the biggest crow eating thread OF ALL TIME.

So happy Guardians is doing so well. I knew nothing about this series at all but after seeing it all I want is more stuff from this team.

GOD TIER - Avengers

REALLY GOOD MOVIE - Iron Man, Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy

DECENT FLICKS - Iron Man 2, Thor, Cap 1

MEDIOCRE FILMS - Incredible Hulk, Thor 2

HOT GARBAGE - None!

Neoxon

Based Mahvel Tier: GotG, Winter Soldier, Avengers, Iron Man 1

Pretty Damn Good Tier: Captain America 1, Iron Man 3

Gets the Job Done Tier: Thor 1, Incredible Hulk

Eh, It's Okay Tier: Thor 2, Iron Man 2

My ranking of the MCU, using the StoOge system. I'm refraining from including GotG, having just seen it yesterday and wanting more time to digest my full thoughts on it, though I can already say that the highest it would go is REALLY GOOD MOVIE.

GOD TIER: haha lol nope, not yet, likely never if they keep "Wrighting" their projects

REALLY GOOD MOVIE: Cap2, Iron Man

DECENT FLICKS: Cap1, Thor, Thor2, The Incredible Hulk

MEDIOCRE FILMS: IM2, IM3, Avengers

HOT GARBAGE: none yet

Blader

ok, so we all agree Thor 2 sucks.

GOD TIER:
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

GOOD:
Iron Man
Thor
Guardians of the Galaxy

DECENT:
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man 3

MEDIOCRE:
Iron Man 2

GARBAGE:
The Incredible Hulk
Thor: The Dark World

I actually liked Green Lantern
even though it definitely falls somewhere between MEDIOCRE and HOT GARBAGE.

I guess I'm in the minority that enjoyed Thor2 more than the first (though I still think both are of overall similar quality).

Amir0x

Banned
That would truly be the biggest crow eating thread OF ALL TIME.

So happy Guardians is doing so well. I knew nothing about this series at all but after seeing it all I want is more stuff from this team.

i had like a billion quotes saved for that topic too, but then I deleted it when I read in some topic some mod saying not to make a crow thread. Maybe I should try to gather them together again, but I feel like I missed my timing lol

Here is where I agree with someone finally. People act like Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 killed their families, they're just pretty meh by MCU standards.

Personally I would swap Thor 1 and Thor 2 on your list though - Thor 2 at least has some good action and the Loki/Thor team-up was fun while it lasted. It also fully realized most of the 9 Realms which is something the first movie should have done. I think Thor 1 is pretty boring and the worst of the MCU films.

I think Winter Soldier is by far the best movie in the series.

I piss on your tiers

YES!: Avengers Assemble, Iron Man, Winter Soldier

NO!: Iron Man 2, Iron Man Three, Thor 1, Thor 2, Incredible Hulk, Captain America: TFA

Have yet to see GOTG

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

yeah thats pretty much my feeling as well.

Thor 2 and the Iron Man sequels were the worst of all the Marvel Studios films. Here's my ranking

GOD TIER - Guardians, Iron Man 1, Avengers.

REALLY GOOD MOVIE - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

DECENT FLICKS - Thor 1, Captain America: First Avenger, Incredible Hulk

MEDIOCRE FILMS - Thor 2,

HOT GARBAGE - Iron Man 2, 3

As much as I didn't like Iron Man 2, I still think part 3 takes the cake in worst Marvel film. Really didn't like it.

As for Guardians, what a fun theater experience. Enjoyed the hell out of it and I'm glad I didn't doubt it.
Who are you and how did you read my fucking mind?

jett

D-Member
Awesome: Avengers

Okay: Thor, Captain America: The Winter Solider, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Mang 3

Meh: Thor 2, Iron Mang

Shitcakes: Iron Man 2, Captain MURICA, The Incredible Hulk

Similar for me. Except I would move Thor 1 up to Pretty Damn Good Tier. I really like it.

Vanish

The definitive Marvel Ranking List:

God Tier: Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy

Good: Thor The Dark World, The Incredible Hulk

Decent: Thor, Captain America The First Avenger

Hot Garbage: Iron Man 1, 2, 3

Siegcram

God Tier: Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy

What. The. Fuck.

Neoxon

lolwut?

icespide

Banned
Iron Man 1 is a good movie but I honestly don't understand the huge amount of praise it gets. Am I the only one that thinks the movie kind of falls apart in the 3rd act?

Siegcram

Iron Man 1 is a good movie but I honestly don't understand the huge amount of praise it gets. Am I the only one that thinks the movie kind of falls apart in the 3rd act?
It's arguably the best executed origin story of any superhero movie so far. That and the brilliant performance of RDJ, who IS Tony Stark from minute one.

Plus, you know, it kicked of one of the biggest media ventures ever.

icespide

Banned
It's arguably the best executed origin story of any superhero movie so far. That and the brilliant performance of RDJ, who IS Tony Strak from minute one.

the third act is a mess though

I piss on your tiers

YES!: Avengers Assemble, Iron Man, Winter Soldier

NO!: Iron Man 2, Iron Man Three, Thor 1, Thor 2, Incredible Hulk, Captain America: TFA

Have yet to see GOTG

Liking the simplicity. That's mine if the question is "Do I want to own this movie?" with the addition of GotG under YES!

I want to be fair and say I've seen Iron Man 3 and Captain America TFA twice each. The Star Spangled Man montage is entertaining.

lol I really dislike the character of Iron Man and RDJ does nothing for me. Yes, I realize I'm pretty alone on this.

You're not alone. His shtick got old to me fast, he acts out almost every line the exact same way, and I generally find him to be relatively unlikable. I did think his character was developed a bit more favorable in the second and third movies, but not enough to really make me like the character much. That being said I still greatly enjoyed Iron Man 1 and 3, though I'm also again the oddball and I think 3 is easily the best.

I remember being worried about this film... because I want weird comic book movies... and I want them to succeed.

That said, I haven't seen anything but a logo for it and I am ready to plunk down money to go see Doctor Strange. (Because I like those comics.)

Bulzeeb

Yay for anyone who said that "it is not popular enoght to get a movie" for ANYTHING EVER

warnerbros_146.jpg

they had the biggest cast of super heroes and did nothing good outside of batman and superman (arguably), they must be eating double plates of crow right now

Top 3 imo of course

Avengers
Guardians
Winter Soldier

Iron Man 1 gets an honorable mention cause it started all the phases and its still good.

Every other marvel movie ranges from ok-meh-good but those 3 made me go :eek: and love them.

Its crazy how good the Godians turned out, describing
that dance battle :p at the end would sound cringe worthy but it worked so well, loved it.

BadAss2961

What sucks about it is how forgettable the villain is.

Decent: Iron Man

Meh: The Avengers

Garbage: Cap 1, Iron Man 2 & 3, Thor 1 & 2

Haven't seen the rest, but I imagine The Incredible Hulk is probably garbage tier.

sappyday

God tier - None
Good tier - Guardians, The Avengers, and Iron Man
Bad tier - Everything else.

Haven't seen Winter soldier.

It's arguably the best executed origin story of any superhero movie so far. That and the brilliant performance of RDJ, who IS Tony Stark from minute one.

I'm gonna have to go with Batman Begins as the best origin story for superhero movies. I liked the movie version more than any of the comic versions to be honest.
What sucks about it is how forgettable the villain is.

Decent: Iron Man

Meh: The Avengers

Garbage: Cap 1, Iron Man 2 & 3, Thor 1 & 2

Haven't seen the rest, but I imagine The Incredible Hulk is probably garbage tier.
I think Jeff Bridges was probably the best villain in the phase 1 and 2 movies besides Loki though. I have yet to see Thor 2 and CA2 so I can't speak for those movies (or its villains).

nomis

GOD TIER

Avengers

The Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

REALLY GOOD MOVIE

Captain America

Iron Man

DECENT FLICK

Iron Man 3

Thor

MEDIOCRE FILM

The Dark World

The Incredible Hulk

HOT GARBAGE

Iron Man 2

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Upon announcement of the film, I was curious if if would be good, and skeptical that many people even knew who the Guardians of the Galaxy were (I didn't until around the time of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3). While watching the trailer for the first time, I enjoyed it up until the end of the Walkman bit. I didn't watch the rest, and avoided all trailers until seeing the movie today, because it actually looked good. And it turned out to be a very fun film. Basically a modern Star Wars, minus the BS.

Log4Girlz

I actually liked Green Lantern
even though it definitely falls somewhere between MEDIOCRE and HOT GARBAGE.

I guess I'm in the minority that enjoyed Thor2 more than the first (though I still think both are of overall similar quality).

Its ok to enjoy hot garbage. I enjoyed Ghost Rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom