• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Double XP all weekend right? Lets go! Thank you Respawn.

4d1.gif

E92 M3

The player skill is getting worse and worse when it should be getting better, it's frustrating as fuck playing with a team that has no idea how to kill a Titan. Seriously the least skilled playerbase I've ever seen in an FPS, just utterly shit.

It's a different type of game that console players aren't used to. Also, you're grossly exaggerating. And that type of attitude detracts new players from trying the game.

The player skill is getting worse and worse when it should be getting better, it's frustrating as fuck playing with a team that has no idea how to kill a Titan. Seriously the least skilled playerbase I've ever seen in an FPS, just utterly shit.

It's not getting worse. It is fairly low, but the same is true of most games. Only games with relatively aggressive skill based matchmaking cultivate a consistent level of play.

Today I played matches of Uncharted 4 where I encountered players that would just walk around and never fire a weapon, another particular player spent the entire match swimming in the water...

I don't want SBMM, but I do want some sort of ranked mode that encourages a higher level of play.

Izuna

Banned
Is the Mastiff viable in MP? I'm loving it in SP

Depends on the mode. For Bounty Hunt? It's really good. For Attrition, it's better to use the EVA.

And for Pilots vs. Pilots, it's far better to use a gun called the Mozambique (which is one of the best weapons in the game). It takes your Anti-Titan weapon slot, which is why you don't use it for other modes. (If you find one on the ground, pick it up! Mozambique with Anti-Titan weapon is OP. If you play in a team you can force this or suicide.)

Zemm

3 people from the same clan on my team, sweet might have some good players. Of course fucking not haha. I swear people in clans are always the worst, the best players I've seen have always been ADV.

Zemm

It's a different type of game that console players aren't used to. Also, you're grossly exaggerating. And that type of attitude detracts new players from trying the game.

I'm playing on PC and it's not an exaggeration to say this is the lowest skilled playerbase I've seen in an FPS and I've pretty much played them all including the CoD's. It's just shit standard. I'm not even that good and I'm murdering people because they are shit.

Parmenide

Depends on the mode. For Bounty Hunt? It's really good. For Attrition, it's better to use the EVA.

And for Pilots vs. Pilots, it's far better to use a gun called the Mozambique (which is one of the best weapons in the game). It takes your Anti-Titan weapon slot, which is why you don't use it for other modes. (If you find one on the ground, pick it up! Mozambique with Anti-Titan weapon is OP. If you play in a team you can force this or suicide.)

Thank you!

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Game is absolutely nuts. Bought it and returned it for fear of MP ghost town then caved again and bought during PSN sale. I HOPE this thing has legs; it's freaking amazing.

Let's play!

Game is absolutely nuts. Bought it and returned it for fear of MP ghost town then caved again and bought during PSN sale. I HOPE this thing has legs; it's freaking amazing.

Let's play!
I'm on PS4 and never have wait more than 10-15 seconds to enter a match, for both Attrition and Pilot V Pilot.

And yes, it is so awesome. It took me a while for me to warm up to it, because I went in with zero online shooter skills, but now I'm grapple hook-punching guys in mid air.

I used the cloak a lot, but now I'm really liking the grapple hook

Calderc

I'm on PS4 and never have wait more than 10-15 seconds to enter a match, for both Attrition and Pilot V Pilot.

And yes, it is so awesome. It took me a while for me to warm up to it, because I went with zero online shooter skills, but now I'm grapple hook-punching guys in mid air.

The grapple hook is just too fun not to use. Getting kills with it is mega satisfying.

http://xboxclips.com/calderc/4fe70fe7-09f3-43cf-9adc-3a284937919d

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The extra content in the deluxe edition is on the marketplace now as a separate pack so I bought it

Gimmie dem prime titans

Zeta Oni

And yes, it is so awesome. It took me a while for me to warm up to it, because I went in with zero online shooter skills, but now I'm grapple hook-punching guys in mid air.

Combine with Hover and ta da!

Now you can change directions mid-air.

TUUU0Rn.gif

EL CUCO

Finally had an amazing Bounty Hunt game with mowing down players left and right, 22 kills.

Gonna save these clips incase Izuna ever makes another montage 👀

Im done with this game until they remove Reapers from Attrition.

The least fun, most irritating, unnecessary element of a game mode Ive ever seen.

Stupid, pointless bullet sponges that only serve to deter players in Titans from taking flanking routes because theyd rather not deal with the FULL CLIP PLUS worth of damage each one takes without so much as a knockback to interrupt their homing swarms. They straight up interfere with and RUIN otherwise skillful back-and-forth engagements.

Who designed this? Who play-tested this? Who signed off? All of you: stop making videogames. Youre very bad at it.

/rant

Izuna

Banned

The least fun, most irritating, unnecessary element of a game mode Ive ever seen.

Stupid, pointless bullet sponges that only serve to deter players in Titans from taking flanking routes because theyd rather not deal with the FULL CLIP PLUS worth of damage each one takes without so much as a knockback to interrupt their homing swarms. They straight up interfere with and RUIN otherwise skillful back-and-forth engagements.

Who designed this? Who play-tested this? Who signed off? All of you: stop making videogames. Youre very bad at it.

/rant

Please chill a bit with insulting the devs ;/

Calderc

/rant

So utterly pathetic.

I take it you never saw Rayme's reply to you a few pages back? At least I hope you didn't, because if you did and still responded with that utter bullshit above then the thread and the game will be better off without you.

Bye.

blakep267

I'm interested in getting back into TF. I had it about a month ago but sold it. Now it's $30 on Xbox, but I'm looking at the rankings and it's on the 4th row of the most played games. Is it already dead?

KodaRuss

/rant

Get out of here with this shit. Go play something else no one wants to hear your opinions anymore.

Please chill a bit with insulting the devs ;/

Fine. I bought 6 copies of the game. Ive demonstrated my appreciation for their work, and written many things in praise and defense of the game over these threads as well.

Specific people in charge of specific facets of multiplayer design failed their jobs spectacularly. Saying so is not an indictment of their character, its an indictment of their work.

The multiplayer in this game is an amazing synphony of game mechanics and systems, brutally undermined by some of the most perplexing and indefensible balance and design decisions imaginable.

Anyway, like I said, Im out until an update that addresses Reapers, turrets, Titan balance, etc. Ive given up hope of 2016-appropriate matchmaking but so long as quitting comes without punishment, so be it. If I have yo quit 9 out of 10 matches to find an even, back and forth affair, so be it.

Hopefully it comes before the next round of microtransactional goodies.

/rant

What do you mean, everytime I see them, it's Scorch's time to reap the reward and kill the +5 that constantly spawn around my Flame Wall?

What do you mean, everytime I see them, it's Scorch's time to reap the reward and kill the +5 that constantly spawn around my Flame Wall?

For Ion each one takes more than a full clip of ammo. Two laser shots if you feel like wasting the energy you'll wish you had when an enemy Titan invariably rounds the corner.

/rant
They annoy me too, but I'd be much happier if they just made them not cock block you so much while you're trying to run around in Titans.

Calderc

Fine. I bought 6 copies of the game. Ive demonstrated my appreciation for their work, and written many things in praise and defense of the game over these threads as well.

Specific people in charge of specific facets of multiplayer design failed their jobs spectacularly. Saying so is not an indictment of their character, its an indictment of their work.

The multiplayer in this game is an amazing synphony of game mechanics and systems, brutally undermined by some of the most perplexing and indefensible balance and design decisions imaginable.

Anyway, like I said, Im out until an update that addresses Reapers, turrets, Titan balance, etc. Ive given up hope of 2016-appropriate matchmaking but so long as quitting comes without punishment, so be it. If I have yo quit 9 out of 10 matches to find an even, back and forth affair, so be it.

Hopefully it comes before the next round of microtransactional goodies.

These people have made and shipped some of the most popular and well liked FPS games of the past 2 generations. Not only are they good at their jobs, they excel at them, and wouldn't be anywhere near where they are in this industry if they didn't. The fact something you don't like is in a game they made doesn't change one iota of that.

NeOak

So I remembered I was the one that created the NeoGAF network on PS4.

I logged in on the website and changed the happy hour to something more manageable.

I bought the game on XBO lol, gonna buy it on PS4 too ;-;

Izuna

Banned
Still got mine that I had to import from Japan actually (^_____^)

Actually, I picked up two of these when I went to Tokyo again in uh... 2014? Just before 2015?

I have since sold one but I have been reunited with the other. It feels great to use (not really, since they did improve the controller for the S haha).

Actually, I picked up two of these when I went to Tokyo again in uh... 2014? Just before 2015?

I have since sold one but I have been reunited with the other. It feels great to use (not really, since they did improve the controller for the S haha).

Yeah, I stopped using mine awhile back once I got an elite, but could never part with it :)

Same thing with my 20th Anniversary gray DualShock 4

SwolBro

Banned
I'm interested in getting back into TF. I had it about a month ago but sold it. Now it's $30 on Xbox, but I'm looking at the rankings and it's on the 4th row of the most played games. Is it already dead?
How is the 4th most played game on a system that has an install base of 20+million dead?

The logic of some people

deoee

LOL, some people really have strange perception of numbers ;p

Even while the numbers are small on pc it's far from dead in most modes

Top Bottom