• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
GGs SmartWaffles!

I dunno wtf happened in that last game... That was the biggest slaughter of Pilots ever at the beginning of a game.

I got my 2.0 kd!

rqW7DBw.png

Izuna

Banned
Interesting, Bounty Hunt is getting more and more popular for after hours. I think people are merely moving to it.

I don't fully understand, but 8:30am with 80 people is really good.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
well, yeah mozambique, the shotguns... i was talking about the SMGS. The CAR is good without ADS but you still gotta ADS at range.

If you're using the CAR at long-range, you're doing it wrong. 9 times out of 10 you're going to lose most exchanges at long distance. You're better off disengaging and repositioning. You can still hipfire accurately at mid-range, mind.

GGs SmartWaffles!

I dunno wtf happened in that last game... That was the biggest slaughter of Pilots ever at the beginning of a game.

I got my 2.0 kd!

LOL you reached your mile stone at practically the same time I reached mine. Finally got to 1.0(against pilots) today. Took me so long after being 0.6 after my first couple weeks and I raised that to 1 in the past 3 weeks. Was getting my butt kicked and finishing low every game. Just finally started improving. Learned the maps better, learned which weapons work for me, and learned to play a style that gets results rather than trying to be flashy when I'm no good at that lol.

SwolBro

Banned
If you're using the CAR at long-range, you're doing it wrong. 9 times out of 10 you're going to lose most exchanges at long distance. You're better off disengaging and repositioning. You can still hipfire accurately at mid-range, mind.

yes, but when someone is running away with your flag at 100mph sometimes you don't have a choice.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
yes, but when someone is running away with your flag at 100mph sometimes you don't have a choice.

That's a rather specific situation and not something that backs up your earlier assertion that player's "definitely have to ADS a lot with CAR" on consoles. It's just not true.

Izuna

Banned
Played against a G9 who was... sitting in spawn using Devotion (obvs. he lost big time, but seriously dude?)

I can confirm that if the winning point (or very close to it) awards more Attrition Points than needed, it still goes on the scoreboard (which is why it doesn't add up).

~~please watch~~

Proof that embarking has invincibility, at least against Archer
http://i.imgur.com/IlhME2t.gifv

Hey, your friend said you could have it instead
http://i.imgur.com/TzhN4XY.gifv

Firestar, my baby
vugeDWr.gif

Oh... hey there
5W5dD5r.gif

SwolBro

Banned
That's a rather specific situation and not something that backs up your earlier assertion that player's "definitely have to ADS a lot with CAR" on consoles. It's just not true.
i was replying to someone that said "never ads"

that's simply not true on console. you have to ADS, and i'd say often. depending on your sensitivity and aiming abilities maybe not as much as most but it'd still be a lot more than on PC.

if you want to prove me wrong i'm always willing to test your side of things. join me on xbox if you're on it.

Izuna

Banned
LOL you reached your mile stone at practically the same time I reached mine. Finally got to 1.0(against pilots) today. Took me so long after being 0.6 after my first couple weeks and I raised that to 1 in the past 3 weeks. Was getting my butt kicked and finishing low every game. Just finally started improving. Learned the maps better, learned which weapons work for me, and learned to play a style that gets results rather than trying to be flashy when I'm no good at that lol.

I think with Titanfall, you'll start pub-stomping soon enough. Especially since Pilots vs. Pilots is there to give people bad habits in regular modes, learning how to get the post out of your Titans puts you above the average player.

;) That 1.0 will be 1.2 or more in no time.

---------

I've decided to rock the G1 patch

I'm very happy that Bounty Hunt has a population boost. It's amazing. 10am and it's like 200.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
i was replying to someone that said "never ads"

that's simply not true on console. you have to ADS, and i'd say often. depending on your sensitivity and aiming abilities maybe not as much as most but it'd still be a lot more than on PC.

if you want to prove me wrong i'm always willing to test your side of things. join me on xbox if you're on it.

I'm on PS4. I think I've got over 25 hours playtime or so, 9 of which are exclusively with the CAR. Infact, I haven't used anything else since I regened and I do pretty well with it by sticking to predominantly hipfire.

If you're mainly using ADS on the CAR, I don't think you're taking advantage of its benefits. It's not an assault rifle, it's for CQB, like a slightly better ranged shotgun.

You can hip-fire anywhere between the short to mid-range and retain both decent accuracy and movement speed. If you're engaging in firefights with an enemy who is aware of you over a longer distance, you might come out on top, but you're almost certainly better off repositioning than trying your luck; you lose both advantages at long distance. I've made that mistake plenty of times since release and I've learnt from it.

Alx

Hey, your friend said you could have it instead
http://i.imgur.com/TzhN4XY.gifv

Since I'm almost never using Tone (I think I'm level 4 or 5 with it, I didn't even pass a generation), I never quite understood how the lock on mechanism worked.
I remember the shoulder missiles work like in the SP tutorial, where you "paint" the target with markers on which missiles are locked, but how does the 40mm lock, and is it related to the core attack ?

Izuna

Banned
Since I'm almost never using Tone (I think I'm level 4 or 5 with it, I didn't even pass a generation), I never quite understood how the lock on mechanism worked.
I remember the shoulder missiles work like in the SP tutorial, where you "paint" the target with markers on which missiles are locked, but how does the 40mm lock, and is it related to the core attack ?

The lock on is as it seems. Sonar or shooting ads a lock, 3 locks makes Tracker Rockets come out.

The Core however, follows where you look. It also "homes in" on Titans (or Reapers). You can keep it airborne for longer by looking up. Look at Frothy's Tone vid to see it in action.

~~~

So it seems that you can still get Cash added to the scoreboard in Epilogue. Ended up with $4441 because I dropped a Titan on an AI Bounty just as the game ended. Nice.

This game has either gotten easier, or I've gotten better.

Also, it seems like Ion can collect a Tether Trap from Northstar and use it against her.

No Love

Banned
I'm on PS4. I think I've got over 25 hours playtime or so, 9 of which are exclusively with the CAR. Infact, I haven't used anything else since I regened and I do pretty well with it by sticking to predominantly hipfire.

If you're mainly using ADS on the CAR, I don't think you're taking advantage of its benefits. It's not an assault rifle, it's for CQB, like a slightly better ranged shotgun.

You can hip-fire anywhere between the short to mid-range and retain both decent accuracy and movement speed. If you're engaging in firefights with an enemy who is aware of you over a longer distance, you might come out on top, but you're almost certainly better off repositioning than trying your luck; you lose both advantages at long distance. I've made that mistake plenty of times since release and I've learnt from it.

This post has so much truth. Car is a beast with hipfire.

CAR and Alternator are beastly as fuck, in different ways.

Alternator is crazy good once you learn to manage the clip. It has so much mobility, I swear you move faster with it than most guns and it doesn't obstruct your view at all. It's very very satisfying to use too, from the sound to the way it shoots... It feels like a gun out of Quake. If it had a 30-40 round clip it'd be disgusting. (Please make an extended clip for it, Respawn.)

Izuna

Banned
Northstar's Enhanced Payload doesn't increase its damage overall; thus reducing its DPS.

--

! Post #2 renewable code may expire 31/12/2016 so this is your last chance (or two) to use it.

I don't have much time to play (working six days a week blows), but I hit Gen 3 last night. Feels pretty good.

Ion has unexpectedly become my go-to, and the first titan I've regenned. That shoulder cannon leads to some pretty great kills, though I need to keep practicing against ejecting pilots.

Also - Bounty Hunt is really good? I was all against it during the tech test but now I can't really imagine playing Attrition over it.

Also finally had a wild game of cat and mouse against an enemy pilot who was also using Phase Shift. My using Devotion put me at a disadvantage against their Alternator, but winning out against it was super satisfying.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I don't want a Nerf, I just want Northstar to not be so boring/bad against Tone.

As much as I'm feeling somewhat unstoppable at times with Ronin, there is no way he is better vs. Tone than... Another Tone.

--

As for pub chat, I only use it to tell people to go to the opposite spawn in Bounty Hunt. Other than that, I don't think there are any other call outs worthwhile among randoms.

Attrition is extremely easy and brainless to carry in. At least Bounty Hunt requires time sensitive starts for it.

I think on PC it's gone, too.

I dunno, I find Tone easy to deal with when I'm using Ronin. I sneak up or rush them and once they can't deploy the shield or you cross it, they can't do much when you slice them up. Ronin is my most used Titan now and got all the unlocks possible for now. Tone is definitely the best all-arounder, and easiest to use, but I rarely, if ever, find Tone OP. I get killed by her, but I don't get mad or anything since it's not like there's an insta-win button...well, maybe her core, but it's been nerfed already.

The biggest advantage when not playing against randoms is the fact that you know you have competent teammates. TF2 is like MoBAs in the sense that idiot teammates can feed the enemy a Titan real quick and it can snowball. Christmas noobs are super guilty of that since I've lost count how many times I've been in matches where my teammate(s) score less than 20 in an entire match. I once had two teammates score 12 and 15 pts collectively in one Attrition match. Yeah, we lost that one obviously.

Weird, I find Northstar to be my most effective anti-tone titan.

Which means that the balance is on-point, no? I mean, there are a few balancing issues left, but it's not as bad as CoD or even past BF games, I think.

This depends on the mode really. In CTF Ronin's rule. In something like attrition with reapers and shit, ronins can have a harder time because they'll get their health dinged and be close to doomed in a busy environment. An aggressive Ronin that knows what he's doing will rip part a really good Tone player 1v1. The only way he's winning that fight is if his core is already primed, or else the best the Tone player could do is trade off.

This ain't true on console. You definitely have to ADS a lot with the Volt and CAR. Only the Altenrator can be a completely hipfire weapon on console.

Yeah, he's ridiculous boasting all the time while going in with a squad of all decent people. I ended up on his team once 2 weeks ago in a pub pilot v pilot. He was in there with 3 people from Titanfall 1 that were all really good players plus some other ones i presume from his "sage" network. It was stupid. The other team didn't know what to do but continuously die. The game turned into you trying to find someone to shoot before someone else killed them.

I'm not sure why he didn't play in the last Xbox one CTF tournament considering one of his teammates from the PS4 tournament did play. Or maybe he did but it was a troll account so he wouldn't expose himself?

Yep. As someone who used to work for a YouTube channel, I know that some of these "montages" are staged in the sense that some of the enemies are intentionally being fodder, etc. (Not saying Sager's vids are like this). And I watched Sager's earlier vids and while he does know how to move fast, that doesn't mean he's super good as his montages make him out to be. I honestly think some of the players here on GAF would "own" him if played with randoms. Just color me uninterested in what he has to show since it's all Pilots vs. Pilots, and "OmG! Lookit me ownz thez nubs!"

While I didn't like my super short interaction via email with FrothyOmen, his vids are definitely better in the sense that it's educational, not about montages, and shows what to properly do with Titans, weapons, etc.

If you or I played with a squad of good or competent players (at least 2-3 of them), what do you think will happen? Yep, same thing.

I also ADS with the CAR but also use hipfire. I think both methods have their uses. =)

Me using it with Phase Shift (ADS): https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/804960325535567877

Has anyone experienced massive lag spikes? I started getting them last few weeks and now my "good" ping is 180ms. :( I always play with 200-300ms and it's making me hate playing it. I mean, I still do since I love the core gameplay (which speaks volumes about the game's quality) but just annoying to be killed by lag or have people kill you since your character stuttered, etc. :(

Add in joining in progress and it's making me want to throw my controller across the floor. xD

I so wish Respawn would unlock the other gens and add more soon. I've been stuck with gen10.49 for more than two weeks now, I think.

So how do we get coliseum tickets once we use up all the mountain dew tickets? Had an absolute blast playing coliseum tonight against my brother and against a couple of randoms and it would suck if we don't have access to a dueling game mode once we run out of tickets. Not too worried about not getting advocate gifts if that's what the issue is with the tickets and all.

Izuna

Banned
I dunno, I find Tone easy to deal with when I'm using Ronin. I sneak up or rush them and once they can't deploy the shield or you cross it, they can't do much when you slice them up. Ronin is my most used Titan now and got all the unlocks possible for now. Tone is definitely the best all-arounder, and easiest to use, but I rarely, if ever, find Tone OP. I get killed by her, but I don't get mad or anything since it's not like there's an insta-win button...well, maybe her core, but it's been nerfed already.

The biggest advantage when not playing against randoms is the fact that you know you have competent teammates. TF2 is like MoBAs in the sense that idiot teammates can feed the enemy a Titan real quick and it can snowball. Christmas noobs are super guilty of that since I've lost count how many times I've been in matches where my teammate(s) score less than 20 in an entire match. I once had two teammates score 12 and 15 pts collectively in one Attrition match. Yeah, we lost that one obviously.

I mean, Tone vs. Ronin, I'm not giving it to one Titan or the other (although, a Smart Core beats a Coreless Ronin far better than it does the other way around). Anyway...

Playing with Didact, we both used Northstar in an LTS match and we both did super well (I think between us, we had most damage and kills but w/e) ~~ On LTS, it's fine. Northstar has her use and she's really good at callouts, but sadly Attrition is nothing like that.

Now, Northstar is dope af in Bounty Hunt, so for pretty much every mode except the most popular, she's fine.

I would like to use her for all game types without running into unwinnable and/or super boring Tone fights. It happens in the other modes, but it's not the objective to fight her. In Attrition, it is.

It's not like Northstar would be OP if she could pierce the wall or anything. Perhaps make it so that she has to choose between damaging the wall or shooting through it (with the kit).

I really don't like how everyone assumes because you use Tone, Hemlok, G2, Devotion, etc that you are noob scum. They are part of the game just the same as everything else and are all every bit as legitimate as anything else that you choose to use. Some people think they are all high and mighty and because they don't use them that no one else should either. It's not restricted to Titanfall 2 and is part of pretty much every multiplayer game there is but it is every bit as frustrating and stupid as the rest. Not talking about anyone in particular but it's rife in just about every corner of the game and internet.

Calderc

I really don't like how everyone assumes because you use Tone, Hemlok, G2, Devotion, etc that you are noob scum. They are part of the game just the same as everything else and are all every bit as legitimate as anything else that you choose to use. Some people think they are all high and mighty and because they don't use them that no one else should either. It's not restricted to Titanfall 2 and is part of pretty much every multiplayer game there is but it is every bit as frustrating and stupid as the rest. Not talking about anyone in particular but it's rife in just about every corner of the game and internet.

There's a reason they're talked about on every corner of the internet.

Jito

Banned

It's hard to deny that Devotion and Hemlok are pretty OP at the moment and that Tone could still do with a few tweaks to stop the majority of players using her. But if you're doing nothing wrong, why are you being so defensive ;D

Yeh exactly, and there's a reason the majority of people use them.

deoee

You are tho. There's zero effort unsing them.

Calderc

That's not the issue for.me, the issue is that by choosing those weapons you're dictating the way I can play. It's like 'I don't want to utilise/get good at the movement, so I'm gonna make sure you can't use it either, so there'. It's bullshit.

It's probably because you have the people using them on one side and on the other side you have the white knights who refuse to use them because they want to take the moral high ground I guess? Conflict. Something the internet could use a little more of I suppose. I'm not going to say balance is perfect as it never is but don't bag people out because they choose to play the game differently to you. I just find it funny that people get the poops enough to send your party a message on PSN about it.

PS. How good is the Alternator? Had a blast running and gunning with it tonight. I'd say it's even more potent in close quarters than any of the weapons I mentioned previously. I'm definitely going to stick with it and see how it goes. Does anyone have any tips to share on what loadout to run to maximise the use of this weapon? So far I'm just running stim, run and gun and quick reload. And the perk that shows where enemies have died.

I guess. I mean you still have to aim and all but I guess that doesn't count? And apparently I'm the one getting all defensive?

It was a simple statement because our party who had some Hemlok and Tone users tonight got messaged by some salty pant players when they lost.

Edit - Does anyone have an answer or any clue about my previous post about coliseum tickets and what we can do once our mountain dew tickets run out?

Calderc

I guess. I mean you still have to aim and all but I guess that doesn't count?

Baaaaaarely. You pull the left trigger and it's auto lock on heaven. You can be stimming like the fuck accross the map but that thing will track you like no ones business with no more input from the player.

Izuna

Banned
What makes you a scrub is playing in a 5 stack in Bounty Hunt.

~~

there are many ways to ensure a win. I don't think Tone and Hemlok are those

krazen

That's not the issue for.me, the issue is that by choosing those weapons you're dictating the way I can play. It's like 'I don't want to utilise/get good at the movement, so I'm gonna make sure you can't use it either, so there'. It's bullshit.

LOL.
Its the exact opposite; I find it interesting that the only two viable 'sniper' weapons. the hems and the G2 are on the list.

According to this thread everyone should just use the car and stfu.

My issue is people seem to get mad that guns excel in certain situations, when imho true OP are weapons that can be used in ANY situation. Which would be, while I love it, Devotion(even though its got its close quarter flaws)..an another weapon which no one brings up but is the def of OP, the 201. It beats our 80% of the other guns in the long/mid/short range category...its a jack of all trades, near master of all. But no one complains because it doesnt have the totally cream factor of the hems even tho the hems is OP in certain game types and maps.

Might as well make the game car/201 only with just Ion, lol

Calderc

LOL.
Its the exact opposite; I find it interesting that the only two viable 'sniper' weapons. the hems and the G2 are on the list.

According to this thread everyone should just use the car and stfu.

My issue is people seem to get mad that guns excel in certain situations, when imho true OP are weapons that can be used in ANY situation. Which would be, while I love it, Devotion(even though its got its close quarter flaws)..an another weapon which no one brings up but is the def of OP, the 201. It beats our 80% of the other guns in the long/mid/short range category...its a jack of all trades, near master of all. But no one complains because it doesnt have the totally cream factor of the hems even tho the hems is OP in certain game types and maps.

Might as well make the game car/201 only with just Ion, lol

Who mentioned the CAR? I certianly didn't. I don't have an issue with anything in the game beyond Hemlok, G2 and Devotion. Y'know, ones that can one shot burst you with insane auto aim from accross the map no matter what you're doing to prevent that. The Devotion is self explanatory.

But you're playing Titanfall. Why would you want to camp with a AR or sniper? There's plenty other games for that. It's easy mode for those coming from COD.

xinek

Sigh. I've been buying those bags of Doritos with the double XP codes, but the last one I absentmindedly picked up had codes for Madden. Ugh, like I would play Madden. Sad to see the double XP apparently over with.

On a happier note, the continuing posts on the gaming side about how great the campaign is have me itching to play it again!

Vipu

Banned
So how do we get coliseum tickets once we use up all the mountain dew tickets? Had an absolute blast playing coliseum tonight against my brother and against a couple of randoms and it would suck if we don't have access to a dueling game mode once we run out of tickets. Not too worried about not getting advocate gifts if that's what the issue is with the tickets and all.

You can buy tickets for 10 credits when you go play it, it will do you want to buy ticket if you dont already have.

Drifters

I have now put about 12-14 hours into Scorch with the following:
Extra Dash
Thermal Shield Extra Damage + Duration
Battery Boost

Ronin's are getting wrecked left and right now as they teleport right behind me, pop the shield and fuck them up until they explode. The dash is also a game changer since hardly anyone is expecting a Scorch to have it. Tone ranged is still an issue but I bullet sponge the lock on and shield the missiles which seems to be the best compromise. Ion also has issues as damage output by Scorch is a lot higher with the gas blocking dash escape if they get to close.

Also, pilots trying to rodeo have no idea about the squat + shield lookup lifehack; Love it!

GGs SmartWaffles!

I got my 2.0 kd!

rqW7DBw.png

I've experienced the slaughter before. I got an early Titan in Attrition and those pilots were throwing themselves on me. I was getting accidental kills stepping on people while punching a grappler. I got a double kill with electric smoke. Honestly I felt bad, the kills felt undeserved and I just wanted them to go away.

I have now put about 12-14 hours into Scorch with the following:
Extra Dash
Thermal Shield Extra Damage + Duration
Battery Boost

Ronin's are getting wrecked left and right now as they teleport right behind me, pop the shield and fuck them up until they explode. The dash is also a game changer since hardly anyone is expecting a Scorch to have it. Tone ranged is still an issue but I bullet sponge the lock on and shield the missiles which seems to be the best compromise. Ion also has issues as damage output by Scorch is a lot higher with the gas blocking dash escape if they get to close.

Also, pilots trying to rodeo have no idea about the squat + shield lookup lifehack; Love it!
This is the same setup I use on Scorch, it's all fun and games until your shield melting goodness ends with their nuclear ejection though.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Wait a minute, how is that possible?

I saw a YT video where a player used the Vortex shield on an enemy's tick before it spawned and it turned it into a friendly tick. I'm assuming here you'd use the Vortex shield on the trap before it springs.

Drifters

This is the same setup I use on Scorch, it's all fun and games until your shield melting goodness ends with their nuclear ejection though.

I tend to always assume that they have that since it really doesn't require much skill, just timing and luck. I generally will have a dash available to GTFO. Either way, super, super fun!

Discobird

Eva Ronin spammer here again with another clip.

No deaths 205 points on Attrition Crash Site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZranUOg5E

Nice work, I especially like the offensive use of phase shift. Being first to fall with Ronin is super strong on that map because there are hardly any places where pilots can fight Ronin safely. That map and Homestead are the two where I'll sometimes switch away from the MGL as my anti-Titan weapon.

Jito

Banned
I've experienced the slaughter before. I got an early Titan in Attrition and those pilots were throwing themselves on me. I was getting accidental kills stepping on people while punching a grappler. I got a double kill with electric smoke. Honestly I felt bad, the kills felt undeserved and I just wanted them to go away.

Yeh I've had the exact same thing happen to me the last few days, pilots just running at me in waves for some reason and I just felt terrible stomping on them all haha!

Top Bottom