• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Greddleok

Don't like the MGL all that much. Each hit barely gives any titan charge. Also amped Archer is so awesome. One shooting anything that's doomed for a titan and pilot kill.

bigJP

I think it does. No way I'm going to see a titan coming towards me and not run. If the titan sees me, I'm dead. Attacking titans is all about surprise and vantage points.

If a titan doesn't see me, then I'm going to start fucking with it. Fire star then as many Archer shots as I can manage before I have to relocate.

use mgl. start wall running. get better angles. not that hard. not saying to stand out in the open.

Greddleok

use mgl. start wall running. get better angles. not that hard. not saying to stand out in the open.

...isn't that what I said. Vantage points and angles where the titan can't see you. No way I'm fighting a tone (because to be honest, that's what it is 99% of the time) without some sort of escape plan.

The moment they see you you're dead, unless they're terrible. Doesn't matter what range you're at, whether you're wall running or whatever.

deoee

Sometimes after executions my Titan just stands there for like one second and does not take my input. I kinda have to hammer any move direction for it to start moving again... You guys know what I mean or is it just me?

bigJP

...isn't that what I said. Vantage points and angles where the titan can't see you. No way I'm fighting a tone (because to be honest, that's what it is 99% of the time) without some sort of escape plan.

The moment they see you you're dead, unless they're terrible. Doesn't matter what range you're at, whether you're wall running or whatever.

agreed
i was talking more in the lines of people never shooting at titans unless they have a titan.
had a few matches yesterday and thats what i was noticing...

Don't like the MGL all that much. Each hit barely gives any titan charge. Also amped Archer is so awesome. One shooting anything that's doomed for a titan and pilot kill.

Doesn't it out DPS any other anti-Titan weapon? As in, give more charge per second than any other option? That's not enough for you?

Sometimes after executions my Titan just stands there for like one second and does not take my input. I kinda have to hammer any move direction for it to start moving again... You guys know what I mean or is it just me?

This doesn't happen to me on PS4.

Smilebomb

Neo Member
I've had this happen aswell. Usually happens to me with Ronin

Jito

Banned

Amped MGl does more dps than any other Anti titan weapon though and using the archer just means you have to stand about and puts a big marker on where you're aiming from.

Greddleok

I realise the MGL out dpses the archer at close range, but I feel that the ability to one shot doomed titans makes up for it, especially halfway across the map (or miles in the air).

In general I don't really like any of the anti-titan weapons. None of them hit that good feeling for me like the primaries.

Also I'm totally bored of the MGL. I've used it a ton, and just about everyone else uses it too.

Donos

MGL is really good in my opinion and you can harass a Titan all day with it (till ammo runs out). You can shoot hidden / behind cover and from roofs without being in direct line of fire from a 40mm etc.. Most try to hit me on the roof while i empty all my rounds and get boost/Titan myself.

When i face a good MGL pilot bullying my Titan from a roof, i don't bother and just avoid him (sonar pulse him so another pilot can deal with him).

I've read all the post/gifs here praising Archer but i avoid most attacks with it because of the cons already posted. That huge smoke trail alone is often still enough warning to hammer the dash and slide behind cover in the last possible moment.

Only my peasant 2 cents.

Introducing another Anti-T weapon would be probably good. So many primary weapons to choose (half of them trash like the snipers) but only 4 against Titans. Did they announce if new weapons/gear will be introduced in the future?

bigJP

MGL is really good in my opinion and you can harass a Titan all day with it (till ammo runs out). You can shoot hidden / behind cover and from roofs without being in direct line of fire from a 40mm etc.. Most try to hit me on the roof while i empty all my rounds and get boost/Titan myself.

When i face a good MGL pilot bullying my Titan from a roof, i don't bother and just avoid him (sonar pulse him so another pilot can deal with him).

I've read all the post/gifs here praising Archer but i avoid most attacks with it because of the cons already posted. That huge smoke trail alone is often still enough warning to hammer the dash and slide behind cover in the last possible moment.

Only my peasant 2 cents.

Introducing another Anti-T weapon would be probably good. So many primary weapons to choose (half of them trash like the snipers) but only 4 against Titans. Did they announce if new weapons/gear will be introduced in the future?

not to mention i can usually flame shield the archer

Greddleok

Man, I like complex. You can do some awesome PvP stuff in there and barely touch the ground.
I also like that the banks are in pretty open areas so it's impossible to camp inside a small building and pick people off.

SwolBro

Banned
Charge rifle with the instant shot is probably the best overall anti titan weapon.

What are your favourite maps? Drydock is boss and Exoplanet is also very good. Tbh all the maps are decent at worst except for Complex.
In my opinion the best maps in order of great to downright awful. (not including angel city)

1. eden
  2. dry dock
  3. boom town
  4. exoplanet
  5. forward base kodai
  6. blackwater canal
  7. homestead
  8. complex
  9. crash site

Izuna

Banned
Amped MGL = 5 shots on a Doomed Titan.

EPG = Ground shots

EPG is outclassing every Anti-Titan weapon by far.

Also, 4 almost rapid hits to kill a Reaper, etc.

MGL does NOT out DPS Archer.

~~

The only Titanfall 2 map I like is Blackwater Canal.

also they should really put a damaged or assist count in attrition

They count toward your Titan build (no Reaper Assists though, which also  shouldn't have AI steal your kills.)

deoee

I like several maps, or let's say, I don't mind playing most of the maps.

The only ones I can't see anymore are Crash-Site and that one from the beta - Homestead (?). With the tower in the middle

bigJP

EPG = Ground shots

~~

The only Titanfall 2 map I like is Blackwater Canal.

They count toward your Titan build (no Reaper Assists though, which also  shouldn't have AI steal your kills.)

i meant as a statistic.

Discobird

In my opinion the best maps in order of great to downright awful. (not including angel city)

1. eden
  2. dry dock
  3. boom town
  4. exoplanet
  5. forward base kodai
  6. blackwater canal
  7. homestead
  8. complex
  9. crash site

I agree 100% with this.

EPG = [?] Ground shots

I think you're missing a number there. Is EPG splash damage bugged like some of the other things (Vortex Shield reflection of hitscan bullets)?

HelloMeow

Charge rifle with the instant shot is probably the best overall anti titan weapon.

I'd say these are ok, in no particular order. They're not nearly as good as the best maps in Titanfall 1 and there's just 6 of them.
  • dry dock
  • boom town
  • exoplanet
  • forward base kodai
  • blackwater canal
  • eden
These I'd rather never play.
  • homestead
  • complex
  • crash site

SwolBro

Banned
I'd say these are ok, in no particular order. They're not nearly as good as the best maps in Titanfall 1 and there's just 6 of them.
  • dry dock
  • boom town
  • exoplanet
  • forward base kodai
  • blackwater canal
  • eden
These I'd rather never play.
  • homestead
  • complex
  • crash site
Besides maybe eden and dry dock the rest couldn't compete with any map from titanfall 1

The only map I don't like is Homestead, the two people usually hate, Complex and Crash Site are at least chaotic fun for Ronin Nuke cheese.

Watching Titanfall 1 videos again...

Different cockpits for each Titan class
Different OS voices
First person animations
Regenerating shields
Faster Dash recharge

And so much more that was left behind

:((((((((((

While I agree it was fun shooting a Titan to death I find the battery system + grenade finisher so much better from a gameplay perspective

It would be better if they did a couple of things:

1. Make escaping more reliable. There are frames of the animation that get "locked in" if you don't jump off in time. This generally results in you dying from electric smoke. In addition, it's pretty difficult to get away when you do jump off in time, as the Titan melee has absurd range and pilots jump off in a (relatively) predictable trajectory. I'd say I kill ~75% of rodeoing pilots either from electric smoke or a swift punch to the everything.

2. Let pilots spec toward anti-Titan. This is probably not a reasonable request, as it would require new skills or something. Silent rodeoing helps but is still dangerous. I would much rather have a Fast Rodeo boost or something.

deoee

This game is so different and much worse on console.

People tend to camp all around the map it's disgusting.
Also I need to get better with controller aim again, it's HORRIBLE to adjust aimnig while following someone

Izuna

Banned
I think you're missing a number there. Is EPG splash damage bugged like some of the other things (Vortex Shield reflection of hitscan bullets)?

Sorry, 2.

It's super powerful. Yeah, it's bugged. Makes it super fun and the best anti-titan weapon by a mile. You can 1v1 a Titan with Arc Nades and Phase Shift.

Watching Titanfall 1 videos again...

Different cockpits for each Titan class
Different OS voices
First person animations
Regenerating shields
Faster Dash recharge

And so much more that was left behind

:((((((((((

I thought for sure we would've seen (or at least heard by now) of 1st person returning and being a toggle for the user. Such an odd decision to drop first person titan animations in favor of 3rd person. Feels like a downgrade.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Great game, I really like it. But seriously, fuck this trophy : https://www.truetrophies.com/t152385/becomes-the-master-trophy

40 seconds would have been challening enough, 38sec even. But 35 ? Fuck it ! I am not gonna spend more time on this than the rest of the game.

It took me an entire fracking day to get that trophy. You've got to use a bit of speed run tech to get it really good, but if you don't want to learn to hop (like me) here are a couple tips. You can wall run/slide through the starting point and that gives you a huge jump in momentum. Arc grenades are great for the groups, they have a pretty big range and explode on impact, so you can hit the side of a wall and probably hit the guy, so you just. The shotgun is great because you don't have to be precision aiming all the time, you can fire from the hip with decent acruacy. Remember, it only takes a single hit to knock down a target. Best of luck, that last stretch is a motherfucker.

Zakkath

Nah, I'm done. My time will be better spent elsewhere. Thanks for tips, though. I had looked it up. I just can't do it. The best I managed was 40sec.

Arrrammis

ps4 people: what controller layout do you use?

Bumper jumper, but I also have a controller adapter that gives me two more paddles on the back which I use for tactical and crouch. I've heard people recommend Evolved for easier slide jumping, but I haven't tried it out.

grendelrt

They really need to change how doing damage to Titans counts. I literally just took 4-5 titans down from all health to almost none to have someone swoop in and hit them last and get all the score and kill for it. For pilots I get it, they die quick, but Titans have a shit ton of health, the person who does 1% in the midst of me killing them shouldn't get all the damn credit.

Discobird

They really need to change how doing damage to Titans counts. I literally just took 4-5 titans down from all health to almost none to have someone swoop in and hit them last and get all the score and kill for it. For pilots I get it, they die quick, but Titans have a shit ton of health, the person who does 1% in the midst of me killing them shouldn't get all the damn credit.

I wouldn't mind if they replaced the "Titan kills" column with a "Damage to Titans" column like in LTS, but for the other modes as well. Or keep both if people are fussed about Titan kills.

Izuna

Banned
Titan assists give 20% Core/Build. It's perfectly okay.

Obvs, I preferred how it worked in R1 (Dooming Titans gave you the point), but it was obviously changed because Doomed Health doesn't reduce over time.

I can walk away with like 9 Titan Kills in some games because Ronin is just that good at getting the final hit (outside of Sword Core). It's best to not worry about it, though.

That being said. I REALLY HOPE they fix Reapers dying by AI and not giving any credit.

I want to see deaths, personally.

OPCbyuf.jpg
LMAO

Rayme

Agreed. You need an Elite controller or button switching. I don't know why Respawn didn't just allow you to customize the buttons the way you want. They'll throw in yaw pitch speed in the super special advanced controls tweaking but don't let you assign custom button layouts to your controller?
It's not that we "didn't allow", but I get you. It's a little more involved to add than I think a reasonable person would ever expect. =)

Rayme, you reading this? I should be able to put Jump on L1, Slide on R1, tactical as X, O as whatever, Melee on R3.
I agree.

if the elite controller population is small and that's a first party product offered by Microsoft can you imagine what the population of scuf players are?

But the system itsel lets you assign buttons doesn't it ? I thought Sony had buttton mapping for a while now
One deficiency with only having it at the system level, for a game like Tf2, is not being able to have separate Pilot & Titan mappings (like the "Bumper Jumper Pilot" config). The other is not having on-screen prompts be correct, but at least that's learnable.

Top Bottom