• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

No Love

Banned
It's not that we "didn't allow", but I get you. It's a little more involved to add than I think a reasonable person would ever expect. =)

I agree.

One deficiency with only having it at the system level, for a game like Tf2, is not being able to have separate Pilot & Titan mappings (like the "Bumper Jumper Pilot" config). The other is not having on-screen prompts be correct, but at least that's learnable.

I love you guys either way. Just keep polishing, this and R6 Siege are the best shooters on the market.

Izuna

Banned
Welp, gotta return this PS4 since I super can't afford it. Will do so in a couple of days so hopefully I get to play with some more of you.

C2bhSewWQAAGeqH.jpg

It's been a fun platform.

Went EPG+Mozambique only and walked away with happy stats.

4 MVPs were to other GAF people
1 MVP and 1 Top 3 was lost due to a disconnect. (Yeah, I'm so petty I kept a tally).

~20 JIPs ;(

77% Attrition, 20% Bounty Hunt
100% Ronin (outside of 1 LTS game)

Donos

They really need to change how doing damage to Titans counts. I literally just took 4-5 titans down from all health to almost none to have someone swoop in and hit them last and get all the score and kill for it. For pilots I get it, they die quick, but Titans have a shit ton of health, the person who does 1% in the midst of me killing them shouldn't get all the damn credit.

Yep, as a pilot, i don't bother and wait till enemies or teammates are around to chip away damage. Even in a Titan i think twice if it's worth going after this full health legion bounty, while an enemy pilot is probably sneaking on the nearby roof, waiting for the bounty steal.

SwolBro

Banned
One deficiency with only having it at the system level, for a game like Tf2, is not being able to have separate Pilot & Titan mappings (like the "Bumper Jumper Pilot" config). The other is not having on-screen prompts be correct, but at least that's learnable.

Ah, now that makes total sense. I kept spamming the hell out of Jon Shiring on twitter for this separate mapping ability. My work around is having 2 profile options on the Elite. I switch between profile 1 (pilot) and profile 2 (titan) for button configurations. I also remove the UI button lay out which helps despite the prompts still being incorrect.

Rayme, side note: has no one between you guys, microsoft or another developer ever considered in game text chat through xbox? since iphones/androids are a thing these days it'd be pretty sweet to have this as a feature on a console considering voice chat is all but dead in public matches. Use your phone as the keyboard for in game text chat, it would be pretty cool.

Ah, now that makes total sense. I kept spamming the hell out of Jon Shiring on twitter for this separate mapping ability. My work around is having 2 profile options on the Elite. I switch between profile 1 (pilot) and profile 2 (titan) for button configurations. I also remove the UI button lay out which helps despite the prompts still being incorrect.

Rayme, side note: has no one between you guys, microsoft or another developer ever considered in game text chat through xbox? since iphones/androids are a thing these days it'd be pretty sweet to have this as a feature on a console considering voice chat is all but dead in public matches. Use your phone as the keyboard for in game text chat, it would be pretty cool. (i need to learn to code, gots too many ideas. fuck this)

Gears 4 actually has that, if you have one of the xbox chatpad, you can text chat on Xbox in Gears 4.

deoee

Welp, gotta return this PS4 since I super can't afford it. Will do so in a couple of days so hopefully I get to play with some more of you.

C2bhSewWQAAGeqH.jpg

It's been a fun platform.

Went EPG+Mozambique only and walked away with happy stats.

4 MVPs were to other GAF people
1 MVP and 1 Top 3 was lost due to a disconnect. (Yeah, I'm so petty I kept a tally).

~20 JIPs ;(

77% Attrition, 20% Bounty Hunt
100% Ronin (outside of 1 LTS game)

Will you get a normal PS4 then or just return it once and for all?

Rocketz

4ov02Po.jpg

I've been trying to hit 200 for a while now. I keep getting around the 180 range and then I do this. I just ran out of time. So close, yet so far :(

SwolBro

Banned
This game is so much better on PC.

The mobility is on another level :D
Meanwhile, It continues to be utter ASS on console.

The best is a match on boom town when the other team goes full hemlok+turrets lol.

You almost gotta ask WHY? Why would you even want to run such ass.

deoee

Meanwhile, It continues to be utter ASS on console.

The best is a match on boom town when the other team goes full hemlok+turrets lol.

You almost gotta ask WHY? Why would you even want to run such ass.

I don't know.

Like I already said, it's a campfest on Console.
On PC theres a few black sheep sure, but I get killed by so many different weapons I aint even mad.

Plus: NO HEMLOCK anywhere.

Worst contender is Devotion but you can easily outplay them with smart routing cause usually there's just 1-2 campers.

Jito

Banned
So I've got a big complaint I've had since the first day I played the game and I've never seen anyone bring it up.

What's with all the invisible walls over the top of some maps stopping you ejecting out one part and coming down over on another side, such as Drydock and Eden, whilst on other maps like Complex and Crashsite you can wander about on top of the map? Never had this in the first game on maps like Rise for example.

Izuna

Banned
Why didn't you tell us?

SO MANY UNNECESSARY DEATHS

I remember reading about it a while ago but dismissing it because I wanted it to only apply to friendly AI.

I wouldn't use this in particular haha.

There are a lot of scripts you can use on PC like instant Eject etc.

There is a disease spreading through the game developmemt community. It causes map designers and artists to fill maps with pointless fucking geometry that serves no functional purpose other than getting players caught up in the middle of a firefight.

Crash Site is obviously the worst case example of this nonsense, where every rocky outcropping or uneven service is enough to take a player from 100mph to 0 in under a second. But all the maps are filled with pointless rails, banisters, curbs and rubble, that afford zero gameplay impact other than fucking players over in the midst of firefights.

Its probably a ton of extra work, but we need to get to a point where these kind of pointless hangups are handled by automatic contextual animations. It seems the whole problem us a by product of over emphasizing presentation over gameplay, but focusing on awesome looking hops, slides and flips over otherwise clunky environment collision would be an improvement anyway.

SwolBro

Banned
There is a disease spreading through the game developmemt community. It causes map designers and artists to fill maps with pointless fucking geometry that serves no functional purpose other than getting players caught up in the middle of a firefight.

Crash Site is obviously the worst case example of this nonsense, where every rocky outcropping or uneven service is enough to take a player from 100mph to 0 in under a second. But all the maps are filled with pointless rails, banisters, curbs and rubble, that afford zero gameplay impact other than fucking players over in the midst of firefights.

Its probably a ton of extra work, but we need to get to a point where these kind of pointless hangups are handled by automatic contextual animations. It seems the whole problem us a by product of over emphasizing presentation over gameplay, but focusing on awesome looking hops, slides and flips over otherwise clunky environment collision would be an improvement anyway.
i somewhat agree with you but then again you can't just have a flat surface for all the maps, yeah know? there has to be some obstruction there for you to jump over.

but nothing like crash site. that should not have been a map. those rocks and ledges make no sense at all. i'm not sure wtf they were thinking with that map.

Izuna

Banned
I used to say I liked Crash Site, but it's definitively the worst map. Those spawns, man

--

So, I think it's been like this since the patch but... No Crash Site or Drydock in Bounty Hunt.

I played Drydock Bounty Hunt on PC via Mixtape, though. I wonder if the new patch will put it back in rotation.

Jito

Banned
What is the deal with the teams spawning on that hill on Crashsite? All other maps you spawn pretty central on the map and on opposite sides. Crashsite is like fuck it, you guys fight over this hill for a few minutes.

After playing this game a lot, I love it.

But the maps blow so much ass it ruins it for me. Going to have to wait till better maps come out. Hopefully there are enough people playing PC still.

Jito

Banned
Yeh Exoplanet spawns are terrible as well, but I've just got so used to flanking that I don't get mixed up in the spawn rush anymore. So many people love battling over that huge building.

SwolBro

Banned
What is the deal with the teams spawning on that hill on Crashsite? All other maps you spawn pretty central on the map and on opposite sides. Crashsite is like fuck it, you guys fight over this hill for a few minutes.

lol, fact is a lot of people love doing that. it's very COD.

Jito

Banned
Everyone runs straight at the enemy usually while I'm off on my own taking the long way round killing bots then sliding up behind the A-wall users sat exactly where they spawned.

QG8HE_.gif

it comes up every once in a while. it's a shitty map for everything.

I mean the more I think about it the more I'm amazed... I need to see my total playtime because I've seriously never played CTF on that damn map... Not once and 95% of the time I'm playing CTF. Pretty great

Vipu

Banned
Played today few games with brand new G403 wireless mouse.
Its amazing where we are at now with wireless tech.
So accurate, no latency, gawd!

Its BETTER in every single way than my old G400 WIRED mouse!
(ok I might have to charge this for 2h once per week)

Top Bottom