• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Oooo ETA?

Unless its been fixed recently and I just haven't noticed the Chrome Skins that were included with the Deluxe Edition are not available for Prime Ion or Scorch.

ETA is when we get our next client patch out, which is subject to greater delays like certification, etc. Apologies for the delay, it was a result of us making changes to the levelling system late in the game and by the time we found out about the unlock problems it was just before we had our break in December. :(

Ah the Chrome skins you're talking about are Warpaints, not Camos. Unfortunately those will not be enabled for Prime. Technical limitations. There was a warning upon purchasing the Prime Titans in the Store that Nose Arts and Warpaints would not be supported on those. Nose Arts should be fixed in the future (should be in the next client patch out as well), but Warpaints are not feasible as of right now.

deoee

ETA is when we get our next client patch out, which is subject to greater delays like certification, etc. Apologies for the delay, it was a result of us making changes to the levelling system late in the game and by the time we found out about the unlock problems it was just before we had our break in December. :(

Ah the Chrome skins you're talking about are Warpaints, not Camos. Unfortunately those will not be enabled for Prime. Technical limitations. There was a warning upon purchasing the Prime Titans in the Store that Nose Arts and Warpaints would not be supported on those. Nose Arts should be fixed in the future (should be in the next client patch out as well), but Warpaints are not feasible as of right now.

This always sucks... I wish it wasn't necessary.

Didn't you once push a balance fix server side relatively fast?

No Chrome Primes? 😢
I don't believe there was any mention of that when preordering through PSN

That really is a huge bummer but thanks for clearing that up. I can stop asking now :/

What is the idea behind Colesium. Do you get any good rewards for playing it?

Credits
Advocate gifts
Colesium tickets

No Chrome Primes? 😢
I don't believe there was any mention of that when preordering through PSN

That really is a huge bummer but thanks for clearing that up. I can stop asking now :/

Yeah, sorry about that, but that was a technical limitation we didn't know we would run into until we started working on the Prime Titans. Without trying to throw shade on other developers: our DLC stuff wasn't done at launch, printed on disc and waiting to be unlocked via a store purchase. I literally started work on Prime Titans 2 weeks after we went gold, while fixing last minute "oh shite this will break the game" bugs before launch. We ran into unforeseen problems with making the Warpaints and Nose Arts work on the Prime Titans, and while we were eventually able to fix Nose Arts it doesn't seem feasible on Warpaints. Believe you me I understand from a consumer's point of view how disappointing it doesn't all just work, and I wish I could say something more than "I'm sorry. and we'll try harder next time :("

deoee

I'm curios about how applying paint on a model does break a whole game :D

Thank you for the insight and communication!

Yeah, sorry about that, but that was a technical limitation we didn't know we would run into until we started working on the Prime Titans. Without trying to throw shade on other developers: our DLC stuff wasn't done at launch, printed on disc and waiting to be unlocked via a store purchase. I literally started work on Prime Titans 2 weeks after we went gold, while fixing last minute "oh shite this will break the game" bugs before launch. We ran into unforeseen problems with making the Warpaints and Nose Arts work on the Prime Titans, and while we were eventually able to fix Nose Arts it doesn't seem feasible on Warpaints. Believe you me I understand from a consumer's point of view how disappointing it doesn't all just work, and I wish I could say something more than "I'm sorry. and we'll try harder next time :("

Thanks for the info! It's much appreciated.

It seems like most of the other warpaints are available, what is it about the chrome version that causes an issue?

I'm curios about how applying paint on a model does break a whole game :D

Thank you for the insight and communication!

Sorry, maybe my phrasing was confusing. I meant, while I was working on getting the Prime Titans up and running (they're not a paint job, they are a different model from the non Prime versions ), I had to fix other last minute unforeseen bugs before launch. To give a bit more detail on Camos vs Warpaints: while we present them under the same menu in the game; they're actually different systems. Camos are a repeating pattern that can be enabled on weapons/Titans/Pilots etc but Warpaints are basically a custom paint job for that specific Titan. Because the Prime Titans and non Prime Titans are different models Warpaints don't just work automatically across Prime/non Prime Titans.

Edit: OdysseusVA, I don't believe other Warpaints work for the Prime Titans. It should only be Camos that work for Prime Titans.

SwolBro

Banned
Man.... the first game, Titanfall 1, looks so much better aesthetically because of all the bright glowing orange outlines not being there on everything. Fucking seriously.

Izuna

Banned
Titanfall 1 had better:
- Maps
- Music
- Bunnyhopping
- Minion Chatter
- Minion Placement
- Look
- Minimap
- Customisation
- Titan Combat
- theDidact Montages

Titanfall 2 is still bae but it ain't the original. Waiting patiently for the updates.

Sorry, maybe my phrasing was confusing. I meant, while I was working on getting the Prime Titans up and running (they're not a paint job, they are a different model from the non Prime versions ), I had to fix other last minute unforeseen bugs before launch. To give a bit more detail on Camos vs Warpaints: while we present them under the same menu in the game; they're actually different systems. Camos are a repeating pattern that can be enabled on weapons/Titans/Pilots etc but Warpaints are basically a custom paint job for that specific Titan. Because the Prime Titans and non Prime Titans are different models Warpaints don't just work automatically across Prime/non Prime Titans.

Edit: OdysseusVA, I don't believe other Warpaints work for the Prime Titans. It should only be Camos that work for Prime Titans.

Ah, okay. I was under the impression that warpaints and camos were the same.

Thanks again!

SwolBro

Banned
Titanfall 1 had better:
- Maps
- Music
- Bunnyhopping
- Minion Chatter
- Minion Placement
- Look
- Minimap
- Customisation
- Titan Combat
- theDidact Montages

Sure i agree but TItanfall 2 has better:

-Movement mechanics
-Controls
-Variety
-Weapons
-Graphics
-Stability
-Unlocks
-Campaign
-Network

I'm going to assume Titanfall 3 is going to be that title that brings both of these positives together. After some updates this game can potentially reach Titanfall 1 levels of greatness, though i think it will fall slightly below that. It's going to be the third title that meshes the two together and blows the franchise to new heights.

Still, you cant' see something like this via reddit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g93wVul4CSc and say the game isn't good though. That's about one of the best scorch 30 second clips i've seen. The combos pulled are fucking excellent and where Respawn's design philosophy of mimicking fighters shines brilliantly. When it works, it works wonderfully. If RESPAWN LISTENS and stops being stubborn with the tweaks that needs to be made the game can be a lot better.

Let's go over them one more time cuz, ya know, repetition is good:
Universally agreed upon fixes
  • Hemlok total nerf.
  • Devotion total nerf.
  • G2a range should be pulled in a bit and less ADS aim assist given. (i'd like to see ADS aim assist reduction for all AR weapons on console, actually)
  • Tone 40m hitbox nerf, it needs to be harder to shoot pilots, harder to aim in general.
  • Northstar pilot hitbox buff (for console mainly). Northstar's ability to hit pilots should be where Tone's is at right now. They should switch.
  • Sentry-turret nerf.
  • A-wall bug fix.
  • Reaper nerf- they're too mean right now and the points they can reward or not reward is too great
  • Better matchmaking
  • UI (which is coming of course)
  • PILOT GLOW/glow in general. Lets please reduce this!!!!!
  • MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS bring back a lot of Titanfall 1 maps and the new maps should lean more towards the first game
And some of my personal ones:
Competitive game modes
  • 3v3 Pilot only CTF
  • 3v3 LTS tournament style (one titan class per player)
  • No radar PVP 6v6.
  • 5v5 assault or team oddball (halo style) or some type of variation based on these
These modes should provide the participants with double xp, more colosseum tickets, different banners and skins. Respawn NEEDS to get more creative and aggressive with their offerings in the game mode department.

Izuna

Banned
Titanfall 2 does NOT have better Network ;/ at the very least with my anecdotes, it's failing me far more than the original ever did.

You can't say the sequel has better weapons when you want to nerf an entire class of them, haha.

SwolBro

Banned
Titanfall 2 does NOT have better Network ;/ at the very least with my anecdotes, it's failing me far more than the original ever did.

You can't say the sequel has better weapons when you want to nerf an entire class of them, haha.
Networks on my end has been stellar. The first game during launch was the most smooth and optimal online experience i've ever had, this one tops it. Sorry it sucks on your end. I have a ton of choices for server centers (though not one in my state which is fucking odd) and they all work well.

And It does have better weapon variety by far despite the balancing. The balancing issues have been a bigger deal than it should have been because of how long they're taking to fix the problems. I didn't main anything besides the Carbine or R-97 (on smaller maps) with a wingman and either charge rifle or sidewinder plus frag nades or arc nades in Titanfall1. Nothing else. When i wanted to have fun i ran a kraber.

In this game i've gone from maining the Carbine to the Volt and now to the CAR (a gun i never liked in the first game). Even the EVA is a viable main for me now. All the side arms are able to be mained as well unlike the first game where it was always the wingman. I've use frag nades, arc nades mainly but I do use the firestar on my LTS pilot build, and i see people running gravity star and smoke grenade to great effect. Anti-titan weapons pretty much come down to two weapons mag launcher and charge rifle just like the first game though.

So, yeah it's hard to argue that this game doesn't have better weapon variety despite some of the current balancing.

Titanfall 2: ABSOLUTELY DESTROYING Perfect 34-0 (275) EPG+Mozambique+RONIN (PS4 Pro Gameplay)

I'm giving my videos GameSager titles.

*meow*

I recommend watching enough to see how I put the music in.

Man, and I just set a new personal high with 147 and going 19-1 in terms of K/D. I even felt pretty good about myself, but then you go and post this...

That's it I'm gonna start playing Ronin again. I'm still not going to bother trying to learn to claw, but I'm going to use the PS4's ability to remap button and put the melee button on L1 instead. Melee as a button is much more important for easy access then ordinance anyways. I tried this one game but gave up quickly because the muscle memory wasn't there. But I'm just going to keep going until I beat it into my hands. Tone bores me, Ronin looks more suited for the style I want to play.

Admittedly I was really interested in the Scuf controller. I've dropped 100+ on fight sticks 8 times. I've even bought a $300 Hori VLX just to have. I have no problem dropping 100+ on a better pad to play on my PS4 but I keep hearing about how they break so easily. I'm not a fan of the Nacon or Razr pads either just because I want to use something that resembles a DS4. But I may go with one of those if they're highly recommended. Any thoughts on those two or the Scuf controller?

SwolBro

Banned
That's it I'm gonna start playing Ronin again. I'm still not going to bother trying to learn to claw, but I'm going to use the PS4's ability to remap button and put the melee button on L1 instead. Melee as a button is much more important for easy access then ordinance anyways. I tried this one game but gave up quickly because the muscle memory wasn't there. But I'm just going to keep going until I beat it into my hands. Tone bores me, Ronin looks more suited for the style I want to play.

Wait, why not have melee on right thumbstick click? You're not only going to fuck up your Titan ordinance but your Pilot ordinance as well. If you play this game a lot i'd honestly consider spending a little bit of money on a different controller with some buttons on the back. Your enjoyment in not only this game, but all first person shooters will skyrocket. I promise you.

You edited:
Admittedly I was really interested in the Scuf controller. I've dropped 100+ on fight sticks 8 times. I've even bought a $300 Hori VLX just to have. I have no problem dropping 100+ on a better pad to play on my PS4 but I keep hearing about how they break so easily. I'm not a fan of the Nacon or Razr pads either just because I want to use something that resembles a DS4. But I may go with one of those if they're highly recommended. Any thoughts on those two or the Scuf controller?

Are you in the states? How about you consider sending your controller in (if you have two that'd be great, send one in while you play on the other) https://battlebeavercustoms.com/ or just buy pre-built. It's a stock DS4 with buttons added in. They do great work and are very personable.

I'd stay away from scuf. I hate the paddle placements (they make no goddamn sense to me) and they have horrible customer service. They're a shit company in general really. We're still waiting on the elite custom parts they have a contract with Microsoft for the elite and it's going on 1.5 years.

Daigoro

This community, fuck. I've never seen a bunch of people love and hate a game so much at the same time.

ive said these exact words before and i stand by them. ive personally never loved and hated a game so much before.

got 1000/1000, played many hours and i continue to play MP several times a week, but so many issues (some small that add up and some big ones like the fact that a lot of the game design encourages camping and discourages fast paced movement) can be so frustrating in this game.

i love it, but it drives me crazy. it could really be my just about favorite game ever if it wasnt for the myriad things about it that annoy me, most of which just feel like really odd design decisions that are the antithesis of what made TF1 so great.

the improvements made since TF1 are great, and the things that detract from the fun are really annoying.

YOLr7Sd.gif

indeed.

the couch is like a metaphor for every uneven surface and broken line in the game. getting caught on geometry in a game like this is infuriating.

Wait, why not have melee on right thumbstick click? You're not only going to fuck up your Titan ordinance but your Pilot ordinance as well. If you play this game a lot i'd honestly consider spending a little bit of money on a different controller with some buttons on the back. Your enjoyment in not only this game, but all first person shooters will skyrocket. I promise you.

I'm using the Evolve control scheme which uses the pressing of the right stick for crouch. This places the melee button on the face button, that's why I gave up on Ronin because it was too hard to move and melee at the same time. I kept it over bumper jumper because it was superior for pilot mobility IMO since at the time I was playing PvP like 70% of the time. I've gotten too use to that and don't want to relearn a new button lay out for slide hopping. So I figure I could just switch melee and ordinance instead and adjust from there.

I did edit my post and brought up the subject of buying a new controller. I'm no stranger to paying 100+ for a accessory so if anybody has suggestions on the different "Elite" PS4 pads then I'm listening.

SwolBro

Banned
ive said these exact words before and i stand by them. ive personally never loved and hated a game so much before.

got 1000/1000, played many hours and i continue to play MP several times a week, but so many issues (some small that add up and some big ones like the fact that a lot of the game design encourages camping and discourages fast paced movement) can be so frustrating in this game.
Respawn runs the risk of waiting too long to make changes, and to introduce new modes/maps. The game is doing well right now, they should hurry while the iron is hot to strike. People are craving changes, the community is still engaged, any longer and they're going to alienate a lot of people (they've already pushed a shit ton of hardcore fans out).

The template of waiting to introduce new maps/modes/changes is a thing of the past. You could afford to do it back then but not anymore. Too many games come out, too much competition, if you wait too long you'll lose the audience.

I did edit my post and brought up the subject of buying a new controller. I'm no stranger to paying 100+ for a accessory so if anybody has suggestions on the different "Elite" PS4 pads then I'm listening.
Yeah, i posted above https://battlebeavercustoms.com/

Considering how the DS4 is i'd keep jump and slide/crouch on the shoulder bumpers and put the tactical and ordinance on the back buttons. Oh and if you do decide to give them a whirl id highly suggest the replacement thumbsticks. They're simple but oh so good.

Despite that you don't have many options. If i were to ever get a PS4 i'd get a cronusmax for my Elite controller to use on it.

I'm using the Evolve control scheme which uses the pressing of the right stick for crouch. This places the melee button on the face button, that's why I gave up on Ronin because it was too hard to move and melee at the same time. I kept it over bumper jumper because it was superior for pilot mobility IMO since at the time I was playing PvP like 70% of the time. I've gotten too use to that and don't want to relearn a new button lay out for slide hopping. So I figure I could just switch melee and ordinance instead and adjust from there.

I've been keeping my eye on this thing because its so cheap and just clicks on and supposedly works pretty good, but its sold out literally everywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L8QHXJA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

deoee

Respawn runs the risk of waiting too long to make changes, and to introduce new modes/maps. The game is doing well right now, they should hurry while the iron is hot to strike. People are craving changes, the community is still engaged, any longer and they're going to alienate a lot of people (they've already pushed a shit ton of hardcore fans out).

The template of waiting to introduce new maps/modes/changes is a thing of the past. You could afford to do it back then but not anymore. Too many games come out, too much competition, if you wait too long you'll lose the audience.

Seems like the weeklong cert process is holding all the updates back.

Edit: Also let's face it.
Titanfall 1 was hindered by being a Xbox exclusive and died pretty fast. The games playerbase consisted of only the best players after ~1 or 2 months so it was a whole different game than the dumbfest we are having now :D

Ken Adams

I've been keeping my eye on this thing because its so cheap and just clicks on and supposedly works pretty good, but its sold out literally everywhere.

I got this recently from amazon following another gaffers advice and its the best $20 i spent. The only issue is it has to be plugged in but there no lag and you can remove the paddles off if you only want to use one. Bumper jumper pilot with these have made bunny hopping a breeze. Highly recommended.

Izuna

Banned
Submitted my 16:00 deadline at 4:00PM

TO BE CONTINUED

~~

I need to kill some stupid Tones to make myself feel better.

I got this recently from amazon following another gaffers advice and its the best $20 i spent. The only issue is it has to be plugged in but there no lag and you can remove the paddles off if you only want to use one. Bumper jumper pilot with these have made bunny hopping a breeze. Highly recommended.

its 40? and i cant find it anywhere!

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Or any members really

I've reported him to two different mods so hopefully he'll be dealt with sooner rather than later. Its ridiculous its gone on this long.

Yep, agreed. Outright hostility is never good and glad he got banned.

I kinda am super cautious posting on GAF sometimes since some people here almost hate us game journos as much as devs. Well, not as much, but the insults are still there.

This looks right up my alley, and not because it's cheap. But because it's a add on to a controller that I'm already very comfortable with. Funny thing is even though I never knew about this until you mentioned it, I'm getting frustrated that I can't find it anywhere even though you already said you can't find it anywhere lol.

I thought I could go to Ebay and pay a slightly jacked up price like $60 for it. Can't even find it on Ebay(I mean PS4 version). Has the company said anything about when it'll be back in stock because I might just wait for this instead?

Arrrammis

its 40? and i cant find it anywhere!
I got one from GameStop, I assume Best Buy would have it as well. Maybe not in store, but definitely online. Definitely worth the $40 to add the functionality of a $300 controller.

Edit:seems like it's sold out everywhere that they list on their website. Maybe check their Twitter or something for an update if you can find it

hadar

I already liked the game but I've gotta say, after changing up the sensitivity settings and getting some kontrol freeks, it has become my goto for multiplayer sessions.

I still think I'll play Destiny again when they decide to get off their asses and do a balance patch (or maybe not since it's actually reeeeeally noticeable to go form 30 to 60 fps), but man it's so fun to.. well, have fun.

Used to be I'd boot up Destiny, grab bounties, check what random shit I still had to do then actually go do some PvP, but there's always some kind of hidden pressure. Gotta do this before that, then I've gotta travel here.

With Titanfall I just change data center and queue for whatever I feel like at the moment, no getting pissed at random gun perk that I don't have outplaying me.

It's just me, my gun, my titan and the environment. Even my girlfriend has pointed out that I stress/tilt a whole lot less.

So yeah, kinda looking forward to what's to come

This looks right up my alley, and not because it's cheap. But because it's a add on to a controller that I'm already very comfortable with. Funny thing is even though I never knew about this until you mentioned it, I'm getting frustrated that I can't find it anywhere even though you already said you can't find it anywhere lol.

I thought I could go to Ebay and pay a slightly jacked up price like $60 for it. Can't even find it on Ebay(I mean PS4 version). Has the company said anything about when it'll be back in stock because I might just wait for this instead?

Same boat as you, ive contacted the company and apparently begin of February is the next shipment.

SwolBro

Banned

Same boat as you, ive contacted the company and apparently begin of February is the next shipment.

either of you check gamestop? put in your zip codes at the product page. Looks like there's 3 stores a bit south of me carrying these.

That was such a terrible thread

Nothing controversial about it. Some people are just so deep into their console of choice that if you're not praising it then everything else is a personal attack. Ridiculous.

I would love to see more candid discussions with developers. Its one of the reasons I enjoy Giant Bomb whenever they have devs on their show.

Anyone know if a way to save weapon presets etc. was coming soon?

Gets annoying having to fiddle around with camos and unlocks each time you change a loadout.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
That was such a terrible thread

Nothing controversial about it. Some people are just so deep into their console of choice that if you're not praising it then everything else is a personal attack. Ridiculous.

I would love to see more candid discussions with developers. Its one of the reasons I enjoy Giant Bomb whenever they have devs on their show.

You just don't disrespect The Precious and expect to escape unscathed by it's shadow army!

But yeah that thread went exactly as I expected. The Titanfall franchise will probably always be a lightning rod for shitposting chuckleheads no matter what Respawn says or does.

Top Bottom