• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Still want to see an improvement in server tick rate, hate dying as I'm in the Phase Shift zone thing.
Fixed Ion Vortex Shield drain being framerate dependent.
I never got how that worked in the first place, though it does look like the Vortex Shield cheese against Legion may still be in?

Drastically reduced requirements for Match Loss Protection ---
Definitely appreciated, at this point my only incentive to leave joined mid-game matches is when I'm trying to use Double XP + Happy Hour.

Increased damage on the Flatline, R-97, Spitfire, L-Star, Double Take, EPG, and Thunderbolt.
On one hand, glad they're buff'ing the Spitfire and Flatline, but I didn't think both weapon's shortcomings where in damage. Guess we'll see. Oh, also appreciate the Thunderbuff!

Regen no longer resets Pilot loadout names.
Assists count as Weapon XP again.
Neat.

Fixed Ion Vortex Shield drain being framerate dependent.
Glad to see this kicked to the curb, been hesitant with ion since I run 144. TIME FOR LAZERS!!!

Naar

I have noticed that my PS4 doesn't show me "players met online" since I played Uncharted 4 in May.

I remember playing Dark Souls 3 and also didn't show the players I met online and thought maybe it was something specific to that game. But also in Titanfall I can't see a list of players I played with recently.

Right now my "players met online" is empty even though I play about 1-2 hours a day on average since launch.

Could it be a setting issue? I just know it last logged the players I played with in Uncharted in May

SwolBro

Banned
I'm still stunned by the flatline buff and volt nerf... honestly, why are these guys balancing this game based on pc? Is there a logical explanation ?

Vipu

Banned
I'm still stunned by the flatline buff and volt nerf... honestly, why are these guys balancing this game based on pc? Is there a logical explanation ?

Why would they balance it around console?
If they have to balance all at once then they should balance it around pc, but better would be to balance both separately.

It's certainly interesting. These two guns i see used and die to, but nothing insane. Volt usage on xbox already dropped off after last patch and now it's receiving another nerf? okay then!

Izuna

Banned
CronusMax review

- no lag
- full cross-over support requires PS4 controller (but headset can be connected to it so that's actually fine)
- full cross-over support requires USB hub (cheap)

~~

Izuna

Banned
If anyone in the UK wants a CronusMax, I'm selling v2 with v1.20 firmware (so it works with full cross-over if you have a usb hub)

for £30

I ended up with two, so...

--

MORE CRONUSMAX REVIEW

Partial Cross-over support (no USB HUB) is perfectly playable for Titanfall 2. Every ten minutes the controller will have to reconnect, which is like a split second. I'll be getting the hub anyway.

I can't directly compare the controls, but it seems that the Response Curve etc. feels great with identical settings.

--

:eek: -- http://cronusmax.com/gpclib/?s=3531

This script lets you do the same thing PC players do, where you can hold the crouch button for slide-hopping.

I won't be bothered with any scripts because I don't like fiddling, but that's really cool. They have it for both consoles.

deoee

There's something strange here.

I'm not sure how he's removing the lighting like that, and he also beat the Grenade Boost times.

There's something about his movement that's not common knowledge.

Nice Tribe music

I don't get how he is getting to 50kph constantly

SwolBro

Banned
Why would they balance it around console?
If they have to balance all at once then they should balance it around pc, but better would be to balance both separately.
Why would they balance the game around pc play? It's the least populated platform.

In a few more months they'll be an average of 1k a day on. Do they really think they're going to capture that dedicated competitive Overwatch crowd ? That would be the only thing that would make sense to me

Izuna

Banned
Do you even use the volt? I thought you used the CAR.

Plus, we don't know the specifics, and Rayme told you they ain't balanced for PC.

Discobird

Rayme already said they don't balance off a single platform when you brought this up in OT1: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226096453&postcount=18138

We don't have a sense of the numbers yet or whether this is the complete universe of changes to those weapons or other weapons. E.g. Volt nerf may make sense in a world where ARs are generally being brought down (it already dominates the R-201 on PC and might do so on console if aim assist for ARs is globally reduced).

Izuna

Banned
I'm expecting the EPG glitch to stay with this new power. MUAHAHAHAHA

--

6jXfnna.png

Drifters

Gotta be honest, them nerfing the volt and sentry pilot gun seems a little late. I would imagine we won't see any other balance changes until March now?

Arrrammis

Gotta be honest, them nerfing the volt and sentry pilot gun seems a little late. I would imagine we won't see any other balance changes until March now?

They've been on holiday since shortly after the game launched, they're just getting back into the office to make changes. Pretty safe to say we'll see more patches and updates in the coming weeks/months.

I try to play this game with Amped Weapons instead of Sentry turret. But that realization again about how annoying Sentry turrets are and the fact that I'm not god like enough to stomp these guys who use it and guard it just makes me go back to using it until that nerf. And I hope that nerf is dramatic. I've benefited a lot from Sentry turrets but I'm more than happy to see them gone or heavily nerfed. Man what really got to me was the last game in which a team purposely holed themselves up in Crash Site. They were loaded with sentry turrets and just waited for anything to pop it's head out. Of course my team kept feeding them. I try my best to flank but what use is it when they have guys covering every path?

You'll find the game much easier with Amped Weapons.

Sentry turrets aren't for good players, they're for the bad to average players. I'm somewhere in that range. I can't beat it so I'll fight fire with fire instead. Forgive me, but I just don't have to skills to deal with it.

Izuna

Banned
Yes but, you'll have better success with the Amped Weapons I find. How often does your Turret get good mileage? You'd probably win more firefights and get your Titan earlier, OR do much greater damage to Titans (which is the real reason to use it).

Arrrammis

Yes but, you'll have better success with the Amped Weapons I find. How often does your Turret get good mileage? You'd probably win more firefights and get your Titan earlier, OR do much greater damage to Titans (which is the real reason to use it).

I use it occasionally in bounty hunt, it ends up being extremely useful for the infantry rounds. Put it on an elevated platform overlooking where adds spawn, and leave your turret there while you head to the other spawn point to double dip on the cash!

Amped Weapons is the best boost, with Free Battery being my second choice if I want to have my Titan last longer, Overcore + Free Battery Boost = Ion showing people something cool alot sooner.

Arrrammis

Amped Weapons is the best boost, with Free Battery being my second choice if I want to have my Titan last longer, Overcore + Free Battery Boost = Ion showing people something cool alot sooner.

I use battery boost most of the time. I hang on to it until after my first titan gets destroyed (unless it's one of those matches where we roll so hard that my titan never gets destroyed...), then give it to a friendly titan. They get a shield, I get 40% to my next titan instantly. Not bad!

I'll probably start using it most of the time starting Monday. Until then I'll may run sentry turret most of the time the rest of the weekend. As for how much mileage I get out of it. Well it obviously varies. But I like having it for certain occasions even if it gets me no kills like putting it on one of the tallest buildings in Angel City to deter rooftop camping.

What the hell. STOP INCREASING DAMAGE RESPAWN. TTK IS ALREADY TOO SHORT. Why the hell are you increasing damage on the goddamn flatline and r97.

Nerf devotion godamnit.

What the hell. This is just depressing.

Vipu

Banned
What the hell. STOP INCREASING DAMAGE RESPAWN. TTK IS ALREADY TOO SHORT. Why the hell are you increasing damage on the goddamn flatline and r97.

Nerf devotion godamnit.

What the hell. This is just depressing.

They heard from Dota balancing forum that increasing things and making everything OP is the right and interesting thing to do so lets do it with TiF2 too!

They heard from Dota balancing forum that increasing things and making everything OP is the right and interesting thing to do so lets do it with TiF2 too!

As probably the one person at Respawn who's even launched Dota 2 in the last 6 months I can assure you this is not the case.

Respawn's balance design was more or less "Everything is balanced when they're OP" when they made Modern Warfare 2, so it's not farfetched.

Rayme

You keep insisting we balance for PC, despite being told directly otherwise. I swear we ta-

Rayme already said they don't balance off a single platform when you brought this up in OT1: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226096453&postcount=18138

I LIKE YOU AND YOU ARE PRETTY.
(thank you)

Rayme, comments on this patch? Are more fixes coming soon? [...]

Yup! And yes.

Client updates let us do a lot more. Once this next one is out, things should be hitting at a much smoother pace.

Pls explain why r97 and flatline getting damage increases is remotely a good idea when they are already pretty OP.

There's a lot more to weapon damage than a simple more or less.

deoee

You keep insisting we balance for PC, despite being told directly otherwise. I swear we ta-

I LIKE YOU AND YOU ARE PRETTY.
(thank you)

Yup! And yes.

Client updates let us do a lot more. Once this next one is out, things should be hitting at a much smoother pace.

There's a lot more to weapon damage than a simple more or less.

Rayme let me tell you that I love you for communicating with us here despite all the negativity from all the 24/7 players.

I don't understand WHY excatly you are chaningin things the way you do but I'm pretty sure you have way more knowledge and data then Swol and others here have to discuss what you do internally

Rayme

Rayme let me tell you that I love you for communicating with us here despite all the negativity from all the 24/7 players.

I don't understand WHY excatly you are chaningin things the way you do but I'm pretty sure you have way more knowledge and data then Swol and others here have to discuss what you do internally
Hahah, thanks. It's not so bad as that though. =)

It's not that people shouldn't question or disagree or have opinions. It's what happens in a healthy dev environment too. We make mistakes, or the game evolves, or people find combinations that were overlooked, or etc. it would be boring and self-destructive if the attitude was just a constant "stfu we know better". ;)

deoee

Hahah, thanks. It's not so bad as that though. =)

It's not that people shouldn't question or disagree or have opinions. It's what happens in a healthy dev environment too. We make mistakes, or the game evolves, or people find combinations that were overlooked, or etc. it would be boring and self-destructive if the attitude was just a constant "stfu we know better". ;)

I feel like you get shit on EVERY time you post here.

personally I don't get why people would be offended by you posting something you have like 0 influence on (I guess you're not really working on patches yourself...?) but like I said. I think you'd know what you are doing with more data and telemetry

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Switching back to CAR in anticipation of the Volt nerf and I just hate it. I really hope they fix the reticule thing, because I know the super tryhards already marked up their monitor ages ago to deal with that problem. lol

breadtruck

Can we get reduced damage on reapers please? nothing is worse than surviving a 2 on 1 titan battle with 1/4 health and a lame ass reaper dooming your titan. makes me want to shut off the game.

Im all for this. Reapers seem to take a lot of the fun out of the matches.

Top Bottom