• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Rayme

But why tho

Help us understand

Iirc; Flatline will have a slightly higher chance of killing an already-pilot target at range in fewer shots, or similar.

I guess you're not really working on patches yourself...?)

I am; but there's a lot of us. =)

Switching back to CAR in anticipation of the Volt nerf and I just hate it. I really hope they fix the reticule thing, because I know the super tryhards already marked up their monitor ages ago to deal with that problem. lol
What's the reticule thing?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
^
For me, it makes aiming a pain in the ass, especially since it's not a laser beam like the Volt. Maybe the Volt will still be usuable after the nerf.

SwolBro

Banned
Iirc; Flatline will have a slightly higher chance of killing an already-pilot target at range in fewer shots, or similar.
BUT WHY why is this needed? The flatline is already strong as is and people are using it like an SMG because of how effective sprayign with it is, and now you want to give it further range power? For what reason? Are you guys not seeing that AR weapons are killing mobility in this game on console?

You say you don't balance for PC but removing that out of being the reasoning for the balance changes we're left with nothing that can remotely make any damn sense lol.

deoee

Respawn balance guys are reading too much reddit
zWVbK.gif

Izuna

Banned
People at Game have nothing better to do than give than to give people shit.

Legit had to pull up their own website.

ANYWAY~~

Back to laggy Angel City on Xbox :D

Rayme

Oh please tell me its bug, devs never saw it and you will fix it in next patch!?

Middle dot disappears when you start shooting, if its for balance reasons then mr balancer should think again.

Not a bug, but surprised it's bothering people. That's good feedback.

BUT WHY why is this needed?

[...]

You say you don't balance for PC but removing that out of being the reasoning for the balance changes we're left with nothing that can remotely make any damn sense lol.
Lack of information leading to speculation is a good point. Maybe we need to explain a bit more.

deoee

Not a bug, but surprised it's bothering people. That's good feedback.

Lack of information leading to speculation is a good point. Maybe we need to explain a bit more.

Yes some dev always posted the decision making process with the patch notes so you could understand why xy happened.
Was a good read and really helpful.

JaMarco

R97 definitely needed a bullet damage buff, barely anybody uses it on console. And the Flatline is pretty strong already in the right hands but it still seems a little underused as well so I don't mind it getting a little help.

Discobird

Some people use the volt or alternator just because of the dot.

Count me in that group. I could use a third party crosshair overlay but that requires running the game in windowed mode, which reduces performance, and I'm loathe to draw a dot on my monitor. R-201 has the same issue.

A-wall and that other shield should be similar to Tone's. Enough damage and it goes down.

Aiming at the base just makes things more difficult than it needs to be. This would also keep the game on the move.

Izuna

Banned
I played ~100 Games on PS4. Went back to Xbox today, and saw something I didn't see on PS4...

Tone Tone Tone Tone Tone Tone Tone and Tone (I counted)
the entire other team was camping one way or another

A-Wall, sitting in the Tower with the G2, you name it.

I won that game, but I'm not sure if I wanna do another. That sucked hard.

Arrrammis

A-wall and that other shield should be similar to Tone's. Enough damage and it goes down.

Aiming at the base just makes things more difficult than it needs to be. This would also keep the game on the move.

Agreed, and giving A-wall a set amount of health would give hard cover(with no health limit) an actual use. At the moment, from what I've seen the boost for hard cover is just an A-wall without damage boost, which seems really backwards to me. If anything, they should be switched (Hard cover as a loadout, and boost gives amped A-wall for the added damage boost).

Agreed, and giving A-wall a set amount of health would give hard cover(with no health limit) an actual use. At the moment, from what I've seen the boost for hard cover is just an A-wall without damage boost, which seems really backwards to me. If anything, they should be switched (Hard cover as a loadout, and boost gives amped A-wall for the added damage boost).

Yep!

Izuna

Banned
Rayme, if I'm using a CronusMax to put Xbone controller on the PS4 ver. the Response Curve that I want won't be the same setting, would it?

afaik CronusMax is doing 1:1 with regard to percentages on the X:Y axis, but the game does feel different. Or am I imagining things?

--

... game looks the same, I forgot that they even had different resolution

Rayme

Rayme, if I'm using a CronusMax to put Xbone controller on the PS4 ver. the Response Curve that I want won't be the same setting, would it?

afaik CronusMax is doing 1:1 with regard to percentages on the X:Y axis, but the game does feel different. Or am I imagining things?

PS4 & XB1 controllers have their own default deadzone settings (what numbers to use internally for "Small" and "Large" deadzones), and that'll throw it off a bit. If you're using custom "advanced settings" for the look stick it should feel identical.

There might be other weirdness because of the CronusMax. I'm not familiar enough with it. Don't have it massage any data or it'll come out odd, and if it's introducing latency that would mess with you too.

Izuna

Banned
PS4 & XB1 controllers have their own default deadzone settings (what numbers to use internally for "Small" and "Large" deadzones), and that'll throw it off a bit. If you're using custom "advanced settings" for the look stick it should feel identical.

There might be other weirdness because of the CronusMax. I'm not familiar enough with it. Don't have it massage any data or it'll come out odd, and if it's introducing latency that would mess with you too.

At least from an anecdote and a bunch of testing on YouTube, it has <1ms added input lag, but I suppose it might be the cause.

It's just that my controls feel the same on PC and Xbox, but when I go to the PS4 I felt comfortable moving the Response Curve slider a little higher. I guess I'll revisit the comparison in a week or so when I have both again.

I could also be imagining things!

edit: okay, I was just being weird, it's at least super the same

---

Xbox is tryhard mode... damnit...

--

... game looks the same, I forgot that they even had different resolution

start of this gen i bought a cronus max to use my ps4 controller on xbox one to play bf1 with friends and the curve is 100% different, you basically copying the xbox parameters on to ps4 controller

you can program your own parameters but i never got it to feel like on ps4

Izuna

Banned
start of this gen i bought a cronus max to use my ps4 controller on xbox one to play bf1 with friends and the curve is 100% different, you basically copying the xbox parameters on to ps4 controller

you can program your own parameters but i never got it to feel like on ps4

for BF4 I dunno, but I put the same settings in and it feels the same now. Perhaps I fucked up inputting it or something... I believe the deadzone stuff was different for Xbox prior to some patch that was making Halo feel super weird

--

wait, why would you use a PS4 controller on Xbox One?

deoee

for BF4 I dunno, but I put the same settings in and it feels the same now. Perhaps I fucked up inputting it or something... I believe the deadzone stuff was different for Xbox prior to some patch that was making Halo feel super weird

--

Because many people like the DS

--

because i like the ds4? ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Izuna

Banned
Okay guys, I'm sorry. Just hadn't been what I've been focusing on and it didn't occur to me. I know a few people who prefer it for many titles, didn't mean to imply one was better.

I find myself hitting the big Xbox button to check the score haha.

90FoV really kills performance on Xbox.

Arrrammis

Okay guys, I'm sorry. Just hadn't been what I've been focusing on and it didn't occur to me. I know a few people who prefer it for many titles, didn't mean to imply one was better.

I find myself hitting the big Xbox button to check the score haha.

90FoV really kills performance on Xbox.

I can see where some people would prefer different controllers. For me, the xbox controller is just too oddly shaped and clunky where the DS4 feels more streamlined and comfortable for me. Plus, after getting some different joysticks and spending 15 minutes to swap them out, it's incredibly solid.

Izuna

Banned
i'm going to need a new monitor soon. this one isn't cutting it.

any suggestions?

What size?

Since this is for Xbox, there are great IPS panels with ~4ms lag to pick from.

Something like the U2414H served me well.

I currently use a TN Gaming monitor ;( and wish I had that Dell back. The uniformity and viewing angles is so bad.

However, my brother picked up one of those Samsung TN/VA thingies and it looked great.

Anything 2015 onwards should have good colour out of the box.

Izuna

Banned
I can see where some people would prefer different controllers. For me, the xbox controller is just too oddly shaped and clunky where the DS4 feels more streamlined and comfortable for me. Plus, after getting some different joysticks and spending 15 minutes to swap them out, it's incredibly solid.

DS4 felt like it was slipping out my hand when I started to use it for this, but eventually I stopped noticing it. The sticks felt fine and that might have something to do with Rayme's amazing work to give us custom settings, but I couldn't get used to the triggers.

I think the Triggers particularly are the biggest difference objectively, whereas everything else is just something to get used to.

I eventually pushed the sticks in a weird way by the end, though. Like, I was pushing and pulling on the bottom border.

I can recommend the U2414H if you need a decent 60hz 1080p monitor.

High five!

... They held into their price for some reason. I guess word of mouth helped them despite the V1 having yellow tint issues and driver problem with NVidia cards.

Izuna

Banned
i plan to upgrade to the scorpio once it's out so maybe i should think of higher frame rate or 4k?

Scorpio ain't gunna be higher than 60hz.

~~

4K, sure. if you wanna go for that, there's this one Asus 60hz IPS that you can get... Lemme find the model number in a bit. Edit: PB287Q (28in is a bit big for me tho.)

I'm personally not bothered upgrading to 4K without HDR, and we all know how expensive that shit is Rn.

Izuna

Banned
Im waiting on Sony's new TVs - 32", 1080p, and HDR. If that doesn't pan out then I'll start looking into monitors.

1080p HDR shouldn't be happening if it's any real implementation of it.

You need 10-bit AND good contrast ratio for DCI P3 to be a proper upgrade.

I'm sure we will get a £300 HDR 4k monitor like Q3

I just unlocked Devotion and now I'm tearing a hole through everyone. Does it need to be nerfed?

Tbh I don't find playing that way as fun. CAR with grappling hook and wall-running is way more fun to me, even if my K/D is lower with it.

Top Bottom