• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Vipu

Banned
10h trial @Origin Access could help a bit, or another free weekend.

But yeah, PC players are just not into fast paced shooters.

Im pretty sure they are, they just want to play game that works properly, what TiF2 is not atm.
I love fast FPS but I got bored that stuff doesnt get updated or fixed, better just go play unreal tournament or something.

EL CUCO

Drew said they killed themselves to get this game out, so they got DEC off.

I think them working at a normal pace is better than working twice as hard to make up for their well deserved holiday.

I really think this should be in Gaming side, what he said
I hope they're not spreading themselves to thin on TiF2 with Star Wars in development.

deoee

Im pretty sure they are, they just want to play game that works properly, what TiF2 is not atm.
I love fast FPS but I got bored that stuff doesnt get updated or fixed, better just go play unreal tournament or something.

Doom failed to grab attention, Tf2 failed to hold attention, CoD bombed super hard, Quake Live is not alive - there's no market for this kind of shooters on PC.

0racle

Holly fuck.

I FINALLY got the trophy for beating the gauntlet trial in under 33.65.

My time ? 33.60

For FUCK sakes what a kick in the nuts. Took me 3 hours and it reminded me of that COD airplane mission trophy.

Am I rusty or is this really...Really hard?

Holly fuck.

I FINALLY got the trophy for beating the gauntlet trial in under 33.65.

My time ? 33.60

For FUCK sakes what a kick in the nuts. Took me 3 hours and it reminded me of that COD airplane mission trophy.

Am I rusty or is this really...Really hard?
It's doable. Not crazy-hard, but you have to master your skills. I was able to do it after a few tries and I think I'm fairly average. In total, it probably took me about 4 hours or so spread out over a few days.

pantsmith

Is there a way to check who is playing in a group (as opposed to solo)? There are times when I feel like I can tell, but would love to know for sure

Is there a way to check who is playing in a group (as opposed to solo)? There are times when I feel like I can tell, but would love to know for sure

Nothing outside of their Network

I pitched something along these lines with grouping them together and...

DqQ4r4P.png

This shot also reminds me, please adjust the size of the font for long IDs/Gamertags Respawn

SwolBro

Banned
So, the Flatline just turned into an Alternator with Carbine like range? that's what i'm hearing. It's another fucking OP AR weapon lol.

Let this franchise die. There's no point. It's one fucking mistake after another. You'd think these dudes would have learned a thing or two after the tech test disaster but nah- let's continue to release dumbfounding balancing changes to the utter dismay of our fans.

Cue up the "but balancing is hard" and "you change one thing and another thing is broken" "you can't make everyone happy" and all the other nonsense i hear when devs make completely boneheaded decisions that no one asked for.

No one asked for a goddamn flatline buff. NOBODY. On the contrary, i heard people complaining about how you don't actually have to aim with it. At one point it was actually banned for the first PC ctf tournament.

I'm done. Downloading Rainbow Six Siege

deoee

Wish there was "deeper" insight into the thought processes :3

Maybe even a dev talk livestream like Massive does with The Division

Came back to the game after taking a couple week break to play through Rise of the Tomb Raider, didn't even know the update was imminent when I fired it up. Thought I'd give the Flatline a go and within the first few minutes I mowed down three enemies rushing me down a corridor in one of the buildings on Complex. Yeah, that gun's something else now.

deoee

Came back to the game after taking a couple week break to play through Rise of the Tomb Raider, didn't even know the update was imminent when I fired it up. Thought I'd give the Flatline a go and within the first few minutes I mowed down three enemies rushing me down a corridor in one of the buildings on Complex. Yeah, that gun's something else now.

It was always a strong weapon, when I got killed by it in close - mid range I had barely time to react.
Haven't tested the game yet with the new patch in place :3

Rayme

So, the Flatline just turned into an Alternator with Carbine like range? that's what i'm hearing. It's another fucking OP AR weapon lol
What's actually different about the Flatline that you have an issue with? The adjustment is not what you're describing, nor severe.

Let this franchise die. There's no point. It's one fucking mistake after another.
Cool. Cool cool cool.

deoee

What's actually different about the Flatline that you have an issue with? The adjustment is not what you're describing, nor severe.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

While he voiced some valid criticism over the past weeks I think you should already know, that Swol is kinda overreacting and doesn't understand that the game can not be catered around the hardcore crowd / his special needs.

Calderc

I think we should send a cake to Rayme. So he knows he's loved. And that we're not all hyperbolic dicks who would rather break a toy than share when they can't get their own way.

I don't think I've had any time with the Flatline before tonight (maybe picked it up by accident once or twice) but I feel its an Alternator with better accuracy down range and 10 more rounds. Just as good up close.

Why consider the Alternator at all?

Discobird

I don't think I've had any time with the Flatline before tonight (maybe picked it up by accident once or twice) but I feel its an Alternator with better accuracy down range and 10 more rounds. Just as good up close.

The Alternator has always been more accurate because you can tap fire it from the hip with near-perfect accuracy all the way across the map. Not that you're doing a whole lot of damage at that range, but still. The Flatline is not as accurate even if you ADS and tap fire. You're forced to ADS with the Flatline at mid ranges where the Alternator can comfortably hip fire--on PC, at least, that's a disadvantage.

The Flatline's advantage is the bigger mag and less damage drop-off (equates to a longer three shot kill range).

JaMarco

The Alternator has much better hipfire and range (when you tapfire).

No Love

Banned
I think we should send a cake to Rayme. So he knows he's loved. And that we're not all hyperbolic dicks who would rather break a toy than share when they can't get their own way.

Yes, I agree. I would just like to add that the cake should be in the shape of a couch.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment

To be fair he heard the Flatline might be OP now. Obviously we should pack it up and find new jobs at the local McDonalds. Rayme, lemme know if you get any leads on some busboy openings anywhere.

p.s. <3

No Love

Banned
So, the Flatline just turned into an Alternator with Carbine like range? that's what i'm hearing. It's another fucking OP AR weapon lol.

Let this franchise die. There's no point. It's one fucking mistake after another. You'd think these dudes would have learned a thing or two after the tech test disaster but nah- let's continue to release dumbfounding balancing changes to the utter dismay of our fans.

Cue up the "but balancing is hard" and "you change one thing and another thing is broken" "you can't make everyone happy" and all the other nonsense i hear when devs make completely boneheaded decisions that no one asked for.

No one asked for a goddamn flatline buff. NOBODY. On the contrary, i heard people complaining about how you don't actually have to aim with it. At one point it was actually banned for the first PC ctf tournament.

I'm done. Downloading Rainbow Six Siege

Um ok? You're mad because the game isn't exactly what you want so the franchise should die? Let's be honest, you can't really mean that shit. We all know what massive potential the Titanfall franchise has. You think because the game isn't "perfect" yet that it should be relegated to a dumpster fire? Nah.

It's not fair to the devs that post in this thread to see that shit either. Fuck that, they poured their lives into this game and now they gotta read this crap. You have no idea how hard it is to balance business and art in the gaming industry. This is their baby. Respect that.

Greddleok

Some of you need to realise you're talking to an actual person, not a robot dog.

Being rude and over-reacting just reads like you're having a tantrum.

The Alternator has always been more accurate because you can tap fire it from the hip with near-perfect accuracy all the way across the map. Not that you're doing a whole lot of damage at that range, but still. The Flatline is not as accurate even if you ADS and tap fire. You're forced to ADS with the Flatline at mid ranges where the Alternator can comfortably hip fire--on PC, at least, that's a disadvantage.

The Flatline's advantage is the bigger mag and less damage drop-off (equates to a longer three shot kill range).

The Alternator has much better hipfire and range (when you tapfire).

Im not tap firing in most scenarios. Or any really.

My time with it tonight Im hitting more shots when ADSing than I did with the Alternator.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Im not tap firing in most scenarios. Or any really.

My time with it tonight Im hitting more shots when ADSing than I did with the Alternator.
Tap firing seems much easier on PC than on a controller, unless you have one of those modded/elite controllers with shorter trigger pull distance or they make autofire controllers now.

Top Bottom