• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

AcridMeat

Banned
How's the PC community for this? I want to play it badly but I felt really burned by not being able to play the modes I liked two weeks after release last time.

3Dprinted

Neo Member
What a game, respawn created the best of these multiplayer focused shooters in years. Everyone pick this over the other two.

Can't agree more! I finished today the campaign, it was a fun ride. I just touched the multiplayer, for an hour or so: what a blast!!! It feels sooo good!
Good job, Respawn <3

Kade

How's the PC community for this? I want to play it badly but I felt really burned by not being able to play the modes I liked two weeks after release last time.

What modes do you like? Because from what I'm hearing the console versions are no different when it comes to playercount in certain modes and/or regions.

Gator86

You get like a 60% increase on your titan meter after a successful rodeo.

It may not do super damage, but it&#347; definitely worth it to get your titan down faster.

Definitely not my experience at all. You still have a good amount of health when you are doomed. Bailing without taking advantage of the doomed state is a complete waste.I one time went half a round still fighting in my doomed titan. The enemy tends to lower their guard around doomed titans, and its easy to take advantage of that.

Enh, you have a single bar of health. It's just stretched out to look like more, so you're pretty vulnerable. You can stick around and fight for a while, but only super cautiously. One Archer and that's instant death and 15 points for the other team in Attrition.

shtolky

This is my first post regarding an actual game. I bought the game in part because of the buzz surrounding the single player. I just finished it and wow what a surprise. I had expectations in check but I can honestly say I did not expect to enjoy the game as much as I did. I realize with these COD type of games it's hard to really innovate, but the gameplay. environments, even some of the story moments with you and your titan just blew me away.

The first hour or so I was like, ok, this is good, but then once I hit the
time travel level
and especially the
Trial by Fire level with the titan battles
, I was floored. I really hope this isn't the end of the franchise. On to the multiplayer.

This is my first post regarding an actual game. I bought the game in part because of the buzz surrounding the single player. I just finished it and wow what a surprise. I had expectations in check but I can honestly say I did not expect to enjoy the game as much as I did. I realize with these COD type of games it's hard to really innovate, but the gameplay. environments, even some of the story moments with you and your titan just blew me away.

The first hour or so I was like, ok, this is good, but then once I hit the
time travel level
and especially the
Trial by Fire level with the titan battles
, I was floored. I really hope this isn't the end of the franchise. On to the multiplayer.

Beat the game today as well and I had the exact same experiences in both levels. Such a great story mode.

Dranakin

No Love

Banned
Love this game so much. Most surprising of the year for me. In fact, I loved it so much that I bought 6 copies for family and friends.

Arrrammis

I just requested to be added to the network, so maybe you'll see me around...

EDIT: Wait, there seems to be two different GAF networks:

The one linked in the second post: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/203441
The one listed when you browse the Networks list: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/74

The second one has far more members. Is that official?

The second one was made back in the Beta, so a lot more people joined because it was free. The first was made when Titanfall 2 was released, and most people jsut stayed in the same network we used in the beta.

Bumper jumper or default. Bumper jumper makes it so I can rotate while jumping, default makes it so I can ads while jumping

Also I wish there was a way to disable weapon blur like in bf1

Even though Respawn reduced the number of lanes, terrible players continue to funnel in through just the one. No matter what devs do for "accessibility" you cant fix stupidity.

Schlorgan

Depending on what sales are available I may pick up copies for two of my friends on Black Friday; one for Xbox One, the other for PS4.

Also, Master is rough.

JTCx

Anybody having luck with the grenadier class weapons? Ive been trying to use the Cold War and not having any real success with it. Theres no way i can go head to head with another person, i get killed before the weapon even charges lol. I feel like i have to play really conservative and pick off unsuspecting people.

Sou Da

Anybody having luck with the grenadier class weapons? Ive been trying to use the Cold War and not having any real success with it. Theres no way i can go head to head with another person, i get killed before the weapon even charges lol. I feel like i have to play really conservative and pick off unsuspecting people.

Softball is pretty great.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I'm pretty much at the point where I can't imagine playing without Phase Shift. It can pretty much make me unkillable.

KingV

I'm pretty much at the point where I can't imagine playing without Phase Shift. It can pretty much make me unkillable.

I have a lot of trouble with that one. Not being able to see other players while your phases makes it hard to use

AcridMeat

Banned
What modes do you like? Because from what I'm hearing the console versions are no different when it comes to playercount in certain modes and/or regions.
I just meant I liked playing the variety of modes they had. I heard there's like 10 different hoppers in this one which scares me.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Even though Respawn reduced the number of lanes, terrible players continue to funnel in through just the one. No matter what devs do for "accessibility" you cant fix stupidity.

Sigh. Sad but true. This applies the most to me in Battlefield games. :(

In TF2, it's kinda the same. No one kills bots in Attrition and Bounty, very rare do I see someone help take out a Titan, and no one can be assed to wait for someone to fucking give them a battery.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Here's one of my 200+ score match of Attrition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMOkkslshGA

I added some commentary over it so as to give some people some tips on how to earn big scores and whatnot. Using Scorch in the video, though it doesn't do a great job of demonstrating his Titan vs Titan gameplay as I get myself too distracted killing pilots.

Nice vid! Yeah, I use hte Hemlock now as well. I just get wrecked when it's close range. But med to long engagements, it's deadly.

Enh, you have a single bar of health. It's just stretched out to look like more, so you're pretty vulnerable. You can stick around and fight for a while, but only super cautiously. One Archer and that's instant death and 15 points for the other team in Attrition.

I dunno. Even in doomed state, I don't leave my Titan and I still manage to get a few Pilot kills and even Titans. The moment I hit doomed state, I farm bots and wait for my Core ability. Mind, I do this mostly for Legion and Tone, so might be YMMV depending on Titan. I don't buy use Nuclear Eject on any of my Titan builds.

Man, there is like no one from GAF on PS4 huh.

You're always welcome to join the PSLS Network. ;) Over 31K members now (verified Network, too!).

The Dude

Pilot v pilot is the most atrocious, God awful garbage pvp mode I think I've ever played in the last 20 years. Just horrible

Gator86

Respawn, fuck off with the goddamn reapers in Attrition. I can't count how many times I have been blocked or fucked over in some way by shit ass friendly AI with collision detection for some inane reason. Was just playing a match where I literally could not move because they wedged in front and behind me. They add nothing but irritation. Add more grunts and spectres and just get rid of reapers entirely.

Schlorgan

I'm not your pal, guy

giphy.gif

So I just bought this game because of the Target promotion. However, I won't be playing it until I get my Pro next week. I must say that you all really sold on the campaign. It must be good if so many people are raining praises on it.

Alx

I started using Ronin more regularly, it's a lot of fun, but quite hard to get close to opponents without losing too much health. I'm hesitating between giving him an additional boost, or nuclear ejection. Both can be useful...
His sword slashes are sometimes a bit cheap, killing pilots when they're inside a building. But I like it that way. :D
I'm not sure how to use his phase shift ability. It seems too short to be usable to move very far, should I always use a dash when entering phased world ?

Gator86

I started using Ronin more regularly, it's a lot of fun, but quite hard to get close to opponents without losing too much health. I'm hesitating between giving him an additional boost, or nuclear ejection. Both can be useful...

No reason to ever not run ejection on Ronin. It's automatic, effort-free kills on the worse maps with nowhere to go, against slow titans, and any time players bump into one another/reapers.

Top Bottom