• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Reebot

Played another day's worth.

This is a solid 8/10, B+ of a game. It's well worth buying, and if you skipped Titanfall 1 you won't know just how much better it could have been so you're sitting extra pretty.

Gator86

Boredom may be setting in. I just want to experiment with different Titan loadouts :(

I'm going through everything I didn't use during gen 1 now to keep things fresh. I have no clue how people just camp behind an A-Wall or something. It's fucking miserable to play for even a few rounds.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Lmao Ronin is useless on Auto-Mode. Haven't tried enhanced.

Just goes from 100 to 0 in seconds.

Nice vid! Yeah, I use the Hemlock now as well. I just get wrecked when it's close range. But med to long engagements, it's deadly.

Yeah I mean I don't do so bad when it's at close range personally but it really doesn't suit the mobility and wall running because the hip fire on the Hemlock is so poor. Still great if you're planning on playing a more grounded match though, I use it sometimes to control an overwatch over the hardpoints and also on attrition when I suspect there will be a lot of long-ranged encounters.

To compensate its close range weakness I use the faster ADS time perk. On most weapons I skip that and use the hip fire while running perk, but that's not worthwhile on the Hemlock.

Haruko

First night playing; i do say I really miss the customizable Titan OS voices and first person embark animations. Enjoying the gameplay though

I didn't enjoy Titanfall 1 much, and I bought Titanfall 2 on PC because of Jeffrey J. Gerstmann, and I wasn't really enjoying it much either. I felt like I was having a stroke every time I played with all the HUD elements popping off saying they're ready for use, and it just completely overwhelmed me.

I sat down at about 4:00 PM today, and its 10:00 PM now. I ate dinner, grabbed a few beers, but otherwise did not move my ass from my chair since.

Boys and girls, the plays I made. THE PLAYS. I'm a fucking GOD at this game. MEET ME SOMEWHERE MOTHER FUCKER! My Ion railgun and core. My assault rifle whose name I don't even know, but has a god damn kill counter on it like my best CSGO guns. My wall-running game. Ripping batteries out of enemy titans and hooking my homeboys up with a Duracell.

This game. Is fucking real. Everyone go buy 16 copies each on Origin. I don't work for EA. I don't work for Respawn. I work for the People. Titanfall 2 is so, god, damn, GOOD. BUY BUY BUY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

renzolama

Man, the
smart pistol run segment
is one of the best power fantasy sequences I've played in an FPS campaign in a long time. What a year for single player FPS campaigns.

The gauntlet is killing me, argh. I'm just not great at shooters on console, I probably would have had the same trouble with the training course and mile high club in COD4. I just can't break 34. Think I should probably just continue on and play the game and come back to this later lol

JaMarco

I didn't enjoy Titanfall 1 much, and I bought Titanfall 2 on PC because of Jeffrey J. Gerstmann, and I wasn't really enjoying it much either. I felt like I was having a stroke every time I played with all the HUD elements popping off saying they're ready for use, and it just completely overwhelmed me.

I sat down at about 4:00 PM today, and its 10:00 PM now. I ate dinner, grabbed a few beers, but otherwise did not move my ass from my chair since.

Boys and girls, the plays I made. THE PLAYS. I'm a fucking GOD at this game. MEET ME SOMEWHERE MOTHER FUCKER! My Ion railgun and core. My assault rifle whose name I don't even know, but has a god damn kill counter on it like my best CSGO guns. My wall-running game. Ripping batteries out of enemy titans and hooking my homeboys up with a Duracell.

This game. Is fucking real. Everyone go buy 16 copies each on Origin. I don't work for EA. I don't work for Respawn. I work for the People. Titanfall 2 is so, god, damn, GOOD. BUY BUY BUY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
What didn't you like about the 1st game?

Darkangel

Man, the
smart pistol run segment
is one of the best power fantasy sequences I've played in an FPS campaign in a long time. What a year for single player FPS campaigns.

I actually thought they had taken it out of the game.

I had the biggest grin when I saw him pull it out.

What didn't you like about the 1st game?

The titan gameplay never clicked for me. Loved the on-foot gameplay, and for whatever reason titans are finally making sense. I'm too scared to switch away from Ion, even though I have all the titans unlocked at this point. Is there any type of way I can practice and check out the titans without fucking my team over in competitive?

xinek

Man, the
smart pistol run segment

Yeah. And it was done so well, too. The plot timing, the scenery, the radio chatter, the score... goddamn what a great campaign this was! The hype is not exaggerated for once.

No Love

Banned
Couldn't agree with this more. Titanfall 2 is an amazing game.

I'm so excited that the devs are supporting it so quickly & responding to the community.

Feels like the game will pick up a lot just like R6 Siege did once word of mouth hits.

R6S, Titanfall 2, and Battlefield 1 are the defining shooters of this whole generation. And the best part is that each game represents totally different, unique takes on the FPS genre while also standing at the top of their respective subgenres.

E92 M3

Did Respawn give us any word on how extensive the stat update will be? Really missing all of those numbers.

I love stats!

Izuna

Banned
Was playing FFA, matchmade to the same dude twice. He stood at the corner of the map with Tone basically picking off any free kills he could on both Eden and Homestead. It was almost impossible to get close as a pilot, and since it's FFA, heading towards him as a Titan left you open.

--

I'm finding it almost impossible to actually confirm kills now that Legion's damage has been nerfed.

Jesus, the SMG class has far too much range, especially the CAR and Volt. I shouldn't be getting cross mapped with one.

Now a G 2.20, I'm strongly starting to feel that the overall balance of the weapons and abilities in this game is extremely poor.

Weapons: R101 and CAR are virtually all I see. And I don't blame people, 101 is best all around and the CAR has stupid range and no recoil. And they're the starter guns. The funny part is this was the same problem they had in R1. The starter guns were too good.

Abilities are the same story. People either use stim or cloak. Nothing else is really useful or viable. Same thing with boosts. It's 80% map hack and a few others.

I think Respawn really needs to look at how the overall game is balanced. There are just so many option for weapons and abilities no one uses because they aren't effective.

what's the multiplayer framerate supposed to be like on xb1? i thought digitalfoundy said it was a steady 60 fps, but that has not been my experience. there aren't massive drops like the first titanfall, but drops below 60 almost constantly for me. am i having connection issues?

Feels like the game will pick up a lot just like R6 Siege did once word of mouth hits.

R6S, Titanfall 2, and Battlefield 1 are the defining shooters of this whole generation. And the best part is that each game represents totally different, unique takes on the FPS genre while also standing at the top of their respective subgenres.
Yeah. As much as I didn't enjoy Battlefield 1 beta too much, I definitely want to pick it up here once it goes on sale a bit.

Johndoey

Banned
I'm addicted to cloak at this point, I use stim on occasion but cloak is so much fun.
--
I can't see why I'd ever use the L-Star over the Spitfire. Maybe I just need more time with it.

Izuna

Banned
7EwAVoo.gif

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Can't decide which Titan to stick with. I do the best with Tone but she kind of bores me! Love Scorch but he is just so outclassed by so many different kinds of Titans. Sad really :(

E92 M3

Now a G 2.20, I'm strongly starting to feel that the overall balance of the weapons and abilities in this game is extremely poor.

Weapons: R101 and CAR are virtually all I see. And I don't blame people, 101 is best all around and the CAR has stupid range and no recoil. And they're the starter guns. The funny part is this was the same problem they had in R1. The starter guns were too good.

Abilities are the same story. People either use stim or cloak. Nothing else is really useful or viable. Same thing with boosts. It's 80% map hack and a few others.

I think Respawn really needs to look at how the overall game is balanced. There are just so many option for weapons and abilities no one uses because they aren't effective.

Not sure what you're talking about - see plenty of variety and I am almost G3. No offense, but I don't think you know what you're talking about. All abilities are good in the right hands and personally, Emergency Battery is my favorite boost. Just tons of exaggeration on your part.

Also, I use the fuck out of the Alternator.

The gun is just so crispy

LRtJHXV.gif

I'm addicted to cloak at this point, I use stim on occasion but cloak is so much fun.
--
I can't see why I'd ever use the L-Star over the Spitfire. Maybe I just need more time with it.

Me too with Cloak. I just started using it a couple days ago and I feel so exposed now when use something else. Though I do like Stim on my Shotgun class.

Top Bottom