• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

IHaveIce

Banned
Dude come on it's only 5.
from level 0 to G5 level 44 I got like 2

I guess you're in luck as in Marked for Death, I noticed lots of player actually ejecting out from their Titan (with the auto eject perk).

Chaingun with accelerator is the most effective for me in taking out ejecting pilot. Even though they are cloaked, you can easily spot them from their jet exhaust if they attempt to double jump during their descent.

Just keep firing the chaingun and follow their trajectory falling path for instant gooser.

I literally got 10 in one night. Chaingun makes it super easy
Thabks for the tips, everybody told me arc cannon and plasma railgun would be the easiest but will absolutely try the chaingun

Nori Chan

Thabks for the tips, everybody told me arc cannon and plasma railgun would be the easiest but will absolutely try the chaingun

LOL WAT

Who told you railgun would be the easiest? There's a reason why there's an achievement to killing 1 person ejecting with it, it's totally hard as hell. Make sure to doom the titan and look in the skies. Most pilots will probably be cloaked so be sure to pay attention the second they eject and aim. It's really the most easiest with the chain gun because it rips pilots apart in 3 hits. Make sure to have extended mags to so you have room for error. glhfdc

tauke

Damn just had a match of 6 vs 3 (my side) due to issue for the other players connecting to the match. Bail out halfway once the score is 7 vs 1 in MFD...

Edit: One more Archer Heavy Rocket kill to complete the challenge. How I really hate it lol.

Alx

I'm not very good at "goosing" (I only have 9 kills, but I stopped trying once I got the 5 required for regeneration), but I had most of my (non accidental) kills with the 40mm cannon, without any option (so no "triple slug" shot).
The firing rate is slow, but the hit detection seems rather tolerant, and unlike the chaingun a single hit means a kill. It's easier when you manage to get beneath the ejecting pilot, too.

Nintendad

I love the Smart Pistol, but ever since the update it's just not the same. It's like I have to stop moving to get the kill most of the time any more.

Also any tips on getting the achievement for killing the whole team after the match?

Izuna

Banned
Skilled matchmaking is one thing, but the fact that I am on a 6 losing streak from games like this make me not want to play anymore.

rHcUg1P.jpg

Completely pointless.

tauke

Skilled matchmaking is one thing, but the fact that I am on a 6 losing streak from games like this make me not want to play anymore.

rHcUg1P.jpg

Completely pointless.

I had the worst losing streak today at 10 matches (including bail out match due to 6 vs 3 for most of the match).

Frankly 6 vs 3 for an objective game is really unfair but that is the drawback of having quicker matchmaking.

Still to see you carry your team by killing the most minions is what I'll do if my other teammates are daydreaming.

Izuna

Banned
I had the worst losing streak today at 10 matches (including bail out match due to 6 vs 3 for most of the match).

Frankly 6 vs 3 for an objective game is really unfair but that is the drawback of having quicker matchmaking.

Still to see you carry your team by killing the most minions is what I'll do if my other teammates are daydreaming.

Ve9Xoz8.jpg

zgjxdQi.jpg

Next two matches were like this.

I feel like the skilled matchmaking forces me to play my best every game, which is something I don't really want to do. I have to carry my team in order to win, and sometimes I lose even if I am the MVP of the entire game. THAT should be rare.

Izuna

Banned
I am really, I understand that I shouldn't be winning every game, but being guaranteed to lose 300 - 150 (where I have 115 Attrition Points and no one else has more than 25) is not fun. You can no longer play this game solo.

If I didn't know better, I would say they are simply adjusting the teams based on the highest skill members, instead of balancing every player.

I'm done until they release a patch.

HelloMeow

I feel like the skilled matchmaking forces me to play my best every game, which is something I don't really want to do. I have to carry my team in order to win, and sometimes I lose even if I am the MVP of the entire game. THAT should be rare.

That's how it is for me. Get 100+ attrition points or lose. It gets old fast.

It seems like teams are being balanced by trying to give both teams the same average skill. That is a bad way of doing things. When one good player is "balanced" by putting the worst players on his team, that's not fair towards those players. They will have to go up against the better players and the good player has to compensate. It isn't necessarily the most fun.

I don't know if it's just bad luck or if the game really is designed that way. I hope it's the former.

A better way of balancing teams would be to sort all players by skill and putting all even players on one team and the others on the other.

Izuna

Banned
That's how it is for me. Get 100+ attrition points or lose. It gets old fast.

It seems like teams are being balanced by trying to give both teams the same average skill. That is a bad way of doing things. When one good player is "balanced" by putting the worst players on his team, that's not fair towards those players. They will have to go up against the better players and the good player has to compensate. It isn't necessarily the most fun.

I don't know if it's just bad luck or if the game really is designed that way. I hope it's the former.

A better way of balancing teams would be to sort all players by skill and putting all even players on one team and the others on the other.

I just don't understand why they thought me getting 100+ Attrition Points giving me a 50/50 chance of winning is a good idea. It doesn't come from minions, 50 minion points is hard enough to get, the other 50 come from me clearly carrying the team. I shouldn't win every game like it was before the patch, but this isn't any better.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So. the screen tearing is gone.

But I'm now getting massive slowdown at certain points during hectic play.

I just don't understand why they thought me getting 100+ Attrition Points giving me a 50/50 chance of winning is a good idea. It doesn't come from minions, 50 minion points is hard enough to get, the other 50 come from me clearly carrying the team. I shouldn't win every game like it was before the patch, but this isn't any better.

Yeah this matchmaking has sucked all the fun out of the game. I have no doubt if you do well matchmaking will give you terrible teammates to force a loss. I'm getting losses when I put up 100+ attrition points it's not fun at all and if this keeps up I don't see myself playing this game much in the future I'm glad I didn't get the season pass now.

tauke

So. the screen tearing is gone.

But I'm now getting massive slowdown at certain points during hectic play.

I'm playing on PC and it still have random slowdown regardless on what's happening on the screen. Still irritates me but I just accept it after being used to play "eye-candy" graphic at 15-30fps back in the late 90s.

The only noticeable performance improvement for me is the map loading time.

Jito

Banned

This is what really winds me up when I'm playing with a shit team. I'm trying my best and trying to get as many points as possible and in the end it's all for nothing because my team mates are all doing challenges or just being morons.

tauke

This is what really winds me up when I'm playing with a shit team. I'm trying my best and trying to get as many points as possible and in the end it's all for nothing because my team mates are all doing challenges or just being morons.

Majority of my matches today involves me trying to carry the whole team in Marked for Death.

I guess those players who never actively try to hide from the enemies and some even run straight into the heat of the battle really failed to understand the meaning of "Marked for Death". :(

tauke

Anyone on Origin want to play Titanfall now? Been on a losing streak since I'm playing with random. :S

My Origin ID is taukeke.

Jito

Banned
Anyone on Origin want to play Titanfall now? Been on a losing streak since I'm playing with random. :S

My Origin ID is taukeke.

Hey I'll jump on and play. Was going to try Warface out on steam but it asked me to make a Gface account or something when I started it up, screw that! Tag is MrStabby6

Fuck rank challenges in this game, I sort of go for them but not if it's going to effect my teams outcome, but I still hate doing them.

The only good goals and achievements for online gameplay are ones which add up over time with things you do normally, like wins, or kills, or time spent in the air or in a titan, trying to get 10 kills with the railgun just means I can't use my godly chaingun with accelerator mod and have to end up sniping and running away from close battles.

Please think about your goals for titanfall 2, respawn.

Obscured

Chaingun is definitely the best (although accelerator made it harder for me, I preferred the extended mag) as you have the most versatility with positioning. Getting them near the top of their ascent usually works the best. I was thinking Arc Cannon was useless for it until I was closer to a doomed titan (just out of nuclear ejection range seemed perfect. At this range the reticule will turn red if the pilot is in range and then it is basically a auto-kill. Outside of that range it was impossible. I stopped going for goosers once I got the easy version of the challenge, but I think I was around 20 at that time and since then not going for it I've gotten about 10 more, split about 2/3 chaingun, 1/3 arc cannon. Plasma Railgun seems unlikely and I will probably never get that achievement (or the kill em all one).

Nori Chan

I love the Smart Pistol, but ever since the update it's just not the same. It's like I have to stop moving to get the kill most of the time any more.

Also any tips on getting the achievement for killing the whole team after the match?

Boost lol

Or pray that there are only two people left at the extraction part and kill them both.

Jito

Banned
Have to say teaming with up with a Gaffer is really fun.

Better than going in solo with random.

We're absolutely stomping everyone, doesn't help that everyone is a new player today though. Where are they all coming from!?

tauke

We're absolutely stomping everyone, doesn't help that everyone is a new player today though. Where are they all coming from!?

EA extended the free game pass duration I think. :S

Edit: I also have 12 Fast Learn burn card. Saving it up for Gen 9 and 10.

FDBMath

Marked For Death is amazing! I can't get enough of it. I wish they would make it permanent.

Also, for those needing the gooser challenge, it is virtually easy mode in MFD.

MaGlock

Marked For Death is amazing! I can't get enough of it. I wish they would make it permanent.

MFD is cool but I can't wait to try that ode where you plant a virus. Hope it's more like assault and not search and destroy

tauke

I find it easy too to kill ejecting pilot in MFD. Damn.

Edit: Was rampaging every match with Jito. What's up with the sudden increase of new players?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

I wish they would only keep 3 staple game types (attrition, hard point, and LTS) and rotate the rest. That way there would always be some new variance, and we would get MFD longer (theoretically). MFD is an AMAZING gametype for TitanFall. With that said, make sure there are always six different game types, but have the other three rotate at different times.

Izuna

Banned
EA extended the free game pass duration I think. :S

Edit: I also have 12 Fast Learn burn card. Saving it up for Gen 9 and 10.

Double XP is pointless on Gen 10 lol, also in Gen 9 I got LV50 in about 10-15 matches.

---

I want to play worth GAF tonight. I get home from work at midnight GMT (daylight savings also) -- Xbox One, add Izuna Lasky

tauke

Today has been very populated on X1. Loving it.

One thing that I observed is this new players are willing to stick around even though they are losing real bad. Makes me think that they are secretly bots being powered by the cloud.

Double XP is pointless on Gen 10 lol, also in Gen 9 I got LV50 in about 10-15 matches.

Guess I'll discard most of them. Still left the winning, atlas execution and performing titanfall on enemies challenges.

One thing that I observed is this new players willing to stick around even they losing real bad. Makes me think that they are secretly bots being powered by the cloud.

Unfortunately the same can't be said for a lot of experienced players. Still running into a lot of mid match bail outs at the slightest shift.

garath

One thing that I observed is this new players are willing to stick around even though they are losing real bad. Makes me think that they are secretly bots being powered by the cloud.

When I played over the free weekend, I was happy just to be playing and learning the ropes. Didn't care if I won or lost. What's moving onto the next map going to do for me when I have so much improving to do now?

Later when I get better at an FPS, I still tend to stick it out because I believe I can turn it around :p

Obscured

Unfortunately the same can't be said for a lot of experienced players. Still running into a lot of mid match bail outs at the slightest shift.

This is a bummer for in a lot of games. I get it in some extreme circumstances, but I've seen games where if someone had just stuck around we could have had a turnaround.

Two unrelated questions.

Can you join or invite friends midmatch? I was in a party with a guy last night, but on the other team and I was booted to the start screen right after the match started. This guy was fun to play with on the opposite side (we were giving each other shit about the weapon choice we were using and would switch to sidearms when we saw each other) and I thought it would be fun to actually play with him. Many times when reconnecting or quitting (so it kind of is related to the above) you get put back in the same match, but it put me in another one. The game he was playing was 4v2 and the game I was put into was also 2v4 (me sadly on the 2 side, but it made it easy for me to get MVP on my side and we kept it somewhat close considering). But I looked for a option to join him and it was greyed out and he couldn't invite me from the party. I think I was just a follower rather than a friend, but don't know if that makes a difference. (If this isn't a thing now, it would be cool in the future since this game does have JIP)

Second, is it worth getting the DLC? I'm gun-shy about buying DLC maps now although I've had decent luck in the past with getting on maps (halo and gears), but I'm questioning if it is worth it or not. For those that have it, do you get enough of the newer maps in regular matchmaking and do you feel they are worth it? (I think I'll really like the Swampland and Wargames aesthetics)

Jito

Banned
I find it easy too to kill ejecting pilot in MFD. Damn.

Edit: Was rampaging every match with Jito. What's up with the sudden increase of new players?

Was seriously crazy, every match was crazy unbalanced, we won 13 matches in a row! Every game was like this:
Matchmaking must be acting up or there's been a massive surge of new players from somewhere. I'm glad more people are playing but it must be seriously off putting getting paired up with us. It was very surprising the amount that stuck around after getting beat though, like you guys said Gen players usually drop as soon as the match looks unbalanced.

FDBMath

So I am LTTP, but I finally figured out how to upload a video to Youtube. Anyways, I had a pretty cool thing happen in MFD last night. I was in a titan with the chaingun and went after a marked pilot in his titan. Anyways, he ejects and I try to pop him with the chaingun. I ran out of ammo and watched him coming down. I then got him on the way down with a beatdown. Or maybe not. It said it was a "stepped on" kill in the scroll, but I was awarded a gooser kill (got the challenge). Anyways, here is the video:

http://youtu.be/4CWnGnlAaaE

Oh well, I thought it was a cool way to get a gooser and kill the mark.

RonanN1

Banned
What do you think about the new mode? MARKED FOR DEATH? I love it! :) It's more alert than Attrition and more challenging than Pilot Hunter.

The only thing I DON'T LIKE is that they "forgot" to include the expedition dlc maps :/

RonanN1

Banned
Me! :)

My GT is: RonanN1 (i'm offline now but send me a message when you wanna play and I'll join the game/send invite). It's 01:16AM here, lol.

Obscured

I had posted some tips on how I had used to get the Kraber challenge done for gen 9 and here are a few clips of some shots I was happy with due to distance (or in the case of the first one beating a guy already shooting me as usually PvP fights with the Kraber meant imminent death). You know on the XB1 I've noticed clips looking better and better, but on OneDrive they still get compressed to hell.

http://1drv.ms/1lQfbYM

I haven't used it a lot, but the Upload Studio is pretty great for simple editing. While I'd love a true theater mode within games (for free camera work), being able to record and then edit on the box across all games is nice.

And someone tell me if the DLC is worth it.

Who is playing tonight on ze' XB1?? I think I'll be on in an hour or so.

Damn the timing, I'll be firmly ensconced in happy hour in about an hour or so.

KingV

Same boat. It's currently bugged per a response earlier in the thread. You can try using it while jumping, and I think it will work correctly when you get run and gun.

This is a bummer for in a lot of games. I get it in some extreme circumstances, but I've seen games where if someone had just stuck around we could have had a turnaround.

Two unrelated questions.

Can you join or invite friends midmatch? I was in a party with a guy last night, but on the other team and I was booted to the start screen right after the match started. This guy was fun to play with on the opposite side (we were giving each other shit about the weapon choice we were using and would switch to sidearms when we saw each other) and I thought it would be fun to actually play with him. Many times when reconnecting or quitting (so it kind of is related to the above) you get put back in the same match, but it put me in another one. The game he was playing was 4v2 and the game I was put into was also 2v4 (me sadly on the 2 side, but it made it easy for me to get MVP on my side and we kept it somewhat close considering). But I looked for a option to join him and it was greyed out and he couldn't invite me from the party. I think I was just a follower rather than a friend, but don't know if that makes a difference. (If this isn't a thing now, it would be cool in the future since this game does have JIP)

Second, is it worth getting the DLC? I'm gun-shy about buying DLC maps now although I've had decent luck in the past with getting on maps (halo and gears), but I'm questioning if it is worth it or not. For those that have it, do you get enough of the newer maps in regular matchmaking and do you feel they are worth it? (I think I'll really like the Swampland and Wargames aesthetics)

I don't get it either, given the game counts it as a loss either way. Better to stick around and regain the lead possibly IMO. Also don't get the bugging out right at the beginning of the match without seeing how well the players will do if they have decent levels and some gens behind them.

1. I'm not sure, since the only person I joined up with in that manner was Tawpgun and caught him in the lobby right before the match kicked off. I would think that you can join mid game though as long as there's an opening. Could be an issue with just following as you suspect, but who knows with this game's wonky matchmaking.

2. I love the new maps and are among my favorite out of all of them. Swampland seems to only see action on the forest side and center of the map while the other two get action all around, but they are all fun and never need to search out other players. I get them often enough in the vanilla playlists as long as everyone else has access to them. I'd recommend them.
What do you think about the new mode? MARKED FOR DEATH? I love it! :) It's more alert than Attrition and more challenging than Pilot Hunter.

The only thing I DON'T LIKE is that they "forgot" to include the expedition dlc maps :/

I love it aside from how easy Titans can break the mode (like CTF Titans can carry flags 'broken'). TrueGrime witnessed early on how easy it was to wipe the opposing team with a Titan call card, and I've seen other teams pile on their Titan cards early on.

Pretty sure I've seen the Expedition maps on there. Have played all the Expedition maps on MFD at least once. Might be due to someone on there not owning the DLC.

Jito

Banned
It happened again guys. Lost another server to "Server shutting down". Had the best run of games with really balance teams but the cloud says otherwise :(

Top Bottom