• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I might be willing to hop on some games. Man I am so pissed. Just had a game that ended with 4 on the opposing team, killed one in his titan, killed another with a punch when he went to rodeo me, pounded on the drop ship which had the remaining two... and a teammate held his rounds to steal the kills. Greedy ass.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Finally got to Gen 10! Now to get the last original achievement I am missing (All the Hardware) and the remaining DLC achievements!

Finally got to Gen 10! Now to get the last original achievement I am missing (All the Hardware) and the remaining DLC achievements!

Congrats! Still Gen 8 with 36 wins and 7 more Titanfall kills to go.

All you lucky people with your 'I Killed Them All' achievements

tauke

When I played over the free weekend, I was happy just to be playing and learning the ropes. Didn't care if I won or lost. What's moving onto the next map going to do for me when I have so much improving to do now?

Later when I get better at an FPS, I still tend to stick it out because I believe I can turn it around :p

That's the spirit! Although I started out on Titanfall since launch so everyone was still new to the game mechanics (hint: parkour around the map is crucial to your survivability).

why is it easier?

With the auto-eject perk, you'll not get terminated while your titan is in doomed state which is important in MFD.

So most players equipped it in hope of outlasting the marked enemy which is a good time to take them when they eject for the gooser challenge.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Congrats! Still Gen 8 with 36 wins and 7 more Titanfall kills to go.

All you lucky people with your 'I Killed Them All' achievements

Thanks! Once you get past Generation 8, Gen 10 will come quickly. Gen 8 sucks! :(

I also got extremely lucky with that achievement. I feel like that's the only way to get it lol

Obscured

Who knows. Apparently the population is dead.

Ha, that was exactly what I was thinking and said as much in that thread, I'm just not seeing it, but I only have XB1 to use as a gauge.

I like how game clips show up in the XB1 feed, I really like watching them. They need comments enabled tho

That would be great. Also, the quality is so much better when playing those clips on the XB1 than via OneDrive.

TrueGrime

Ha, that was exactly what I was thinking and said as much in that thread, I'm just not seeing it, but I only have XB1 to use as a gauge.

PC might be a different story but this game is anything but dead right on XB1. Got 6 gaffers playing right now for the last few hours and the games have been nothing but full and steady.

Thanks! Once you get past Generation 8, Gen 10 will come quickly. Gen 8 sucks! :(

I also got extremely lucky with that achievement. I feel like that's the only way to get it lol

Gen 9 just seems like just a bunch of busy work, but I'm looking forward to it. The only one I'm just a tad apprehensive of is Disarmed, but don't see it being too time consuming.

^Maybe it's the matchmaking, the update renewing interest, cheaper XB1, or a combination of them all, but the population has taken a turn for the better after this past weekend. Used to be slow to find games due to playing during typical work day hours, but now I have no issues at all.

Obscured

PC might be a different story but this game is anything but dead right on XB1. Got 6 gaffers playing right now for the last few hours and the games have been nothing but full and steady.

I just realized that my response could have been taken opposite of what I meant and I didn't really clarify. I read your response as sarcasm and replied in that vein. I've also been seeing faster matchmaking times and more new players on the xb1 and I've been playing at off hours (middle of the day and middle of the night lately) and that was what I had responded with in that other thread.

Maybe my meaning did come through, but I've been drinking so there is a chance I'm overthinking it.

One other random thing but I've had more people using their mics and being cool about it. In the last two days I've had two separate occasions where people on the other team invited me to a party and we amiably chatted while playing against each other. I don't think that has ever happened to me, well ... ever.

tauke

I noticed the matchmaking will proceed to start a match even with 3 vs 3. Guess that is a workaround to speed things up.

TrueGrime

I just realized that my response could have been taken opposite of what I meant and I didn't really clarify. I read your response as sarcasm and replied in that vein. I've also been seeing faster matchmaking times and more new players on the xb1 and I've been playing at off hours (middle of the day and middle of the night lately) and that was what I had responded with in that other thread.

Maybe my meaning did come through, but I've been drinking so there is a chance I'm overthinking it.

One other random thing but I've had more people using their mics and being cool about it. In the last two days I've had two separate occasions where people on the other team invited me to a party and we amiably chatted while playing against each other. I don't think that has ever happened to me, well ... ever.

Yeah dude. I knew exactly how you were coming off and I meant the same thing. Do I have your GT on XB1?

Roflobear

Probably the best gooser I've ever gotten. If you look closely, you can see Nori failing badly with his Arc Cannon

izyuXYDFK31Me.gif

Obscured

Yeah dude. I knew exactly how you were coming off and I meant the same thing. Do I have your GT on XB1?

Ha, excellent. Like I said I had been drinking a bit.

Yeah, I've got you on there, just have been on at weird times lately so haven't been able to connect with any gaffers, but soon. Almost done with gen 9 as well so once I do I won't be screwing around with challenges and can be helpful to the group. Going to grab the season pass as well based on what people here have said. I'm both looking forward and dreading the holiday because I'm not going to get any game time due to mountains and a lack of electricity.

Now that I've decided to grab the season pass it is killing me I can't play for a bit.

Chitown B

trying to run through all the maps/gametypes and for some reason Hardpoint is pulling up the DLC maps? On regular Hardpoint, not Expedition Variety. WTF?

IHaveIce

Banned
Thanks to you all who gave me tips for killing goosers I completed the challenge yesterday in about 3 matches.

Now onto G6. Though the plasma railgun goosrr kill seems impossible for me, so no achievement for me.

I had luck with the kill em all achievement.

TrueGrime

Thanks to you all who gave me tips for killing goosers I completed the challenge yesterday in about 3 matches.

Now onto G6. Though the plasma railgun goosrr kill seems impossible for me, so no achievement for me.

I had luck with the kill em all achievement.

Gen 5 was fun. Gen 6 blows.

TrueGrime

why can't I sit in the lobby for more than 10 seconds without it disconnecting me from the server. ridiculous.

We had this problem last night. It was a pain in the ass while trying to connect 6 people into a party. It kicked us multiple times and then suddenly it stopped doing it. Don't know what was up.

4 v 2 ctf, sorry i'm not sticking around with one teammate to get stomped due to matchmaking.

Now I can't reconnect to the north europe server, lol :/

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Probably the best gooser I've ever gotten. If you look closely, you can see Nori failing badly with his Arc Cannon

izyuXYDFK31Me.gif

My best goose from last night, must have been from right before joining up with you guys, I had a couple once partied up but doing chaingun challenges so... easy mode.

47 more wins to go.. Gen 8 do feel like eternity for me before the Gooser Challenge nerf.

I think I did Gen 8 wrong. Spent most of it playing solo, winning ~2/3, and getting MVP most times. Partied up with Grime and company a couple of wins short of finishing Gen 8, finished, regenned. Need MVPs instead of wins, got 6 MVPs over the course of 15 wins.

tauke

Teaming up with Gaffers is a sure way to win a match with a Gaffer at least being the MVP of the match.

Also now I don't complain about bad ping. 300+ ping and either me or Jito rampaging the match lol.

tauke

Just came in here to say that the R-97 is fantastic now.

My weapon of choice will still be the CAR and Autopistol sidearm. The Autopistol is so useful when enemy just appear out of nowhere while you're reloading.

Here's hoping both weapons don't get nerf in future update.

Jito

Banned
Teaming up with Gaffers is a sure way to win a match with a Gaffer at least being the MVP of the match.

Also now I don't complain about bad ping. 300+ ping and either me or Jito rampaging the match lol.

I was also surprised how well the game ran with my ping over 300. Didn't seem to be an issue for me killing players or them killing me! Now we just need to keep adding players to our little Gaf group.

Just came in here to say that the R-97 is fantastic now.

Yeh the R-97 is godlike now, it's all I use with scatterfire. It's perfect for zooming around the map with stims and charging unsuspecting players down.

Nori Chan

My best goose from last night, must have been from right before joining up with you guys, I had a couple once partied up but doing chaingun challenges so... easy mode.

I think I did Gen 8 wrong. Spent most of it playing solo, winning ~2/3, and getting MVP most times. Partied up with Grime and company a couple of wins short of finishing Gen 8, finished, regenned. Need MVPs instead of wins, got 6 MVPs over the course of 15 wins.

red raider is a champ

if only he will post here

My weapon of choice will still be the CAR and Autopistol sidearm. The Autopistol is so useful when enemy just appear out of nowhere while you're reloading.

Here's hoping both weapons don't get nerf in future update.

Most automatic weapons in titanfall trump everything else, apart from some titan weapons like the triple threat, imo

Autopistol has saved my bacon so many times.

Special C

I've never advocated for a Titanless game type, but MFD would be so much better with Pilots only. I like the way Titans and Pilots interact in Hardpoint and CTF, but they just don't feel right in MFD.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
yeah i'll be on

fuck bear doe

Is he the one who has all the weird bassy mic bumping in the face or maybe breathing noises? In which case, yeah fuck him! Mic away from face please :)

I finally ordered that overpriced chat adapter for xbox one so I should be on voice chat in the next couple of days.

Top Bottom