• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Ouch past few solo matches all turn out to be losses just because matchmaking think I got 18 win streaks so time to put me into a bunch of no gen less than level 15.

My dream of 100 wins is still a long way.

Edit: I'm still up if anyone wants to play on PC. I had it with my 7 losing streak because I was put into a bunch of no gen players again in a middle of a match.

Yeah it's not fun at all playing solo now it's ruined the game for me.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Applesauce did record that moment. Also happy to see them as a new-ish player do very well with wall running and be just shy in topping me as MVP.

I have never had that happen before so it took me by surprise. Took out 3 or 4 of us lol.

I was trying to get the achievement for winning all campaign missions last night since I couldn't join the GAF group, but it seems the game is going to put me on the side that I already have the win for.

I played for like an hour afterwards. There were so many people in the lobby though. Couldn't get Applesauce or Raider in. Not to mention you or Nori

I didn't actually get on until later in the evening, I left my XB1 on so it would install Ryse, which was taking fucking forever. I tried joining later but it wouldn't put me into the match, just the party. So I was like
25mRn5L.gif

I have never had that happen before so it took me by surprise. Took out 3 or 4 of us lol.

I was trying to get the achievement for winning all campaign missions last night since I couldn't join the GAF group, but it seems the game is going to put me on the side that I already have the win for.

4 or 5. We only had one person left who I believe took a 40mm round from an Ogre Titan about 20-some seconds later. It was just a ridiculous moment.

It took me forever to get all the campaign wins due to that issue. Never understood why they didn't just add in an option to have a preference after you completed the campaign.

tauke

Today has to be the a non stop losing streak including campaign lol.

Guess the new matchmaking favours people in a party as going solo is just asking for trouble. When your winning streak is more than 10, it will pit you and total newcomers who are likely playing solo too against a party.

Also 31 more wins to go. Will take a break until Update 5 is out.

Special C

Whats up with the Smart Pistol? I have to use it for Gen 9, I get red lock ons but it doesnt always kill when I pull the trigger, am I supposed to push it once, hold it down, or keeping pulling the trigger or what?

Whats up with the Smart Pistol? I have to use it for Gen 9, I get red lock ons but it doesnt always kill when I pull the trigger, am I supposed to push it once, hold it down, or keeping pulling the trigger or what?

It's busted since the patch no ETA I'm in the same boat man stuck on gen 9 cuz the smart pistol is broken and I'm not using it till they fix it. I feel like this patch was rushed out the door just like the rest of the game.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
In theory you press the trigger once for multiple shots. Even though it is kind of broken it didn't take me too long to get the 75 kills required, but there were frustrating moments for sure.

Whatever you do, don't spam the hipfire when you're not locked on, it's super inaccurate. If you don't have time to get the lock you need to aim down the sights and land ~4 shots.

Jito

Banned
It's like the game often stacks the teams on purpose. Let's put all the new ungennend players on one team against all the Gen 5+. Of course I get put on the noob players team all of the time. Solo is sucking ass today so far.

Jito

Banned
I always play solo. How do I get more GAFfers to play with me?

What platform are you playing on? I'm on PC, Tag: MrStabby6

Here's an example of how shit the randomising teams can be. Full lobby, waiting on the countdown, 5 players in the lobby are below Gen 1, after the team shuffle 4 of those players are put onto one team. How the hell is that fair team balancing? For once I wasn't put on the shit team though!

TrueGrime

I believe Hatch is XB1. I thought I added you dude. What's your GT again? We've got a solid group of guys that always play together. TOOK FOREVER TO DO, but I honestly won't play TF unless I'm playing with a friend from GAF. Makes it so much better.

I got this game yesterday with my Xbox One as a download , it's almost downloaded which is great , but are there any patch's that i'll need to download or can i just play when its downloaded ?

TrueGrime

I got this game yesterday with my Xbox One as a download , it's almost downloaded which is great , but are there any patch's that i'll need to download or can i just play when its downloaded ?

You got 4 patches worth of updating and it should do it automatically.

Also, don't forget to update your controller!

MaGlock

Anybody gonna be on in a few hours? Can't say I'll be as good as usual as I'm at the bar but I need wins (we like winners!)

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I might be on, still recovering from a marathon session earlier. Got all my other challenges done, just like 15-20 MVPs to go till Gen 10.

Carbine shouldn't have any other scope besides stock iron sight and hcog. The holosight is too easy for this gun, can't stand skillesss hacks spamming with holosight.

It only becomes a problem when playing decent opponents but still it'd be nice to filter out those with actual decent aim.

Mr Croft

Carbine shouldn't have any other scope besides stock iron sight and hcog. The holosight is too easy for this gun, can't stand skillesss hacks spamming with holosight.

It only becomes a problem when playing decent opponents but still it'd be nice to filter out those with actual decent aim.

that gun is so OP. I actually get upset that 90% of Xbox players use that weapon because it is so good. Even with the nerf it still owns at mid range lol.

AlexTrevelyan

Neo Member
The problem is most of the other guns are so inconsistent. I made a serious attempt to use the hemlock after the most recent patch, and it still sucks. Sometimes it kills in one burst, sometimes it takes three or four, Its maddening. Leads to a lot of deaths that wouldn't occur with the carbine.

They did tone down the carbine's long range effectiveness, but not that much. In my opinion its still the dominant weapon in most situations.

I've been playing CTF more now that you can't have the flag inside the titan, or return the flag with the titan. That little change has made it the most fun and team oriented game type, once again just my opinion.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
The problem is most of the other guns are so inconsistent. I made a serious attempt to use the hemlock after the most recent patch, and it still sucks. Sometimes it kills in one burst, sometimes it takes three or four, Its maddening. Leads to a lot of deaths that wouldn't occur with the carbine.

Yeah I agree completely. I just can't be sure when using the Hemlock how many shots it will take to kill them.
The last time I played with the Hemlock I had 3 deaths and each time the player had 1% Health remaining. I shot them straight on at fairly close range. It felt like I was playing Battlefield 4 for a moment.
The inconsistencies made me go back to the Carbine.

I'm not even exaggerating about the 1% Health, I don't even know how that was possible with 2 clean shots in the chest but it's enough to put me off the gun for good.

Mr Croft

Yeah I agree completely. I just can't be sure when using the Hemlock how many shots it will take to kill them.
The last time I played with the Hemlock I had 3 deaths and each time the player had 1% Health remaining. I shot them straight on at fairly close range. It felt like I was playing Battlefield 4 for a moment.

I'm not even exaggerating about the 1% Health, I don't even know how that was possible with 2 clean shots in the chest but it's enough to put me off the gun for good.

the hemlock still isn't as good as I think it should be but I still use it with starburst. Actually I have two hemlocks one with starburst and one without. Once you get the hang of the bounce it will be easy. I do agree when I see 1% I start to freak out lol. Like really 1% he could trip on a rock and die. I also use the r-97 now

Jito

Banned
Respawn clearly have no fucking idea how to do matchmaking or even balance the teams once in the lobby. Teams looked pretty even from the last game, nah let's put all the shit noobs on one team with me, less players as well and all the regenned pilots on the other. That's fucking sensible.
I'm actually really fed up with this shit now, going to go back to Battlefield for the forseable future, this game just can't seem to be fixed.

Hatchtag

Banned
Respawn clearly have no fucking idea how to do matchmaking or even balance the teams once in the lobby. Teams looked pretty even from the last game, nah let's put all the shit noobs on one team with me, less players as well and all the regenned pilots on the other. That's fucking sensible.

I'm actually really fed up with this shit now, going to go back to Battlefield for the forseable future, this game just can't seem to be fixed.

This is a major, major issue, even on the Xbox One version. It makes soloing really start to suck.

Jinaar

Does anyone get the MaterialSystem.DLL error on the PC for Titanfall?
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/...em-dx11-dll-Crash-Graphics-Cards/td-p/2537144

Since launch I have been crashing when playing Titanfall. Origin says 107hrs play time on this game alone and I sure have crashed a lot. Just like most online, updated drivers on my nVidia card too many times to count. Currently on the latest beta drivers and still randomly crashing. It is the worst when you're literally owning everyone, everythings clicking and the match and win is about to take place and BOOM. Crashed. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Anyone ever fixed this magically? EA/Respawn sure haven't.

EDIT: I'm with you all there on solo play match making. Being at GEN 8 and trying to get 100 wins is next to impossible when the team you get paired with is filled with scrubs and the other teams REGEN tags equal 50+. :(

EXAMPLE: Your last 10 games: 2 wins - 8 losses *groan*

Lima

Anyone here playing the DLC on Xbox One? Just got back into the game because of the new achievements and bought the season pass so I'm down for some games. Gen 10 lvl 50 so I know my shit.

Jito

Banned
Really the matchmaking could do with taking out visible ranks. I know I'd stay with shit teams if I didn't know they were going to be shit beforehand. Seeing stacked teams just makes me leave the match instantly.

Hatchtag

Banned
Really the matchmaking could do with taking out visible ranks. I know I'd stay with shit teams if I didn't know they were going to be shit beforehand. Seeing stacked teams just makes me leave the match instantly.

What would be the purpose? You could just click to view the ranks. And if you took that out, then ranks would be entirely purposeless. They should make it based more on rank than on win percentage.

Mr Croft

The matchmaking is just awful. I hardly solo anymore and just wait for friends to come on. I can play now lima but don't have the dlc... Not sure of I want it yet. I'm a G 10 as well

tauke

Guess it affects everyone haha. I just quit match when the chances to win is less than 1%.

Luckily today matches is kinda ok to me. Still 18 more wins to complete the damn challenge.

Omega

Banned

Ranks don't really mean anything in this game. Now maybe they actually do suck but I have no problem with them ignoring ranks. It's an XP based system which means it's shit by default. I've played with Gen 10s that I had to carry when I was just a level 30 starting out. Eve now after 30 hours of gametime, only one person ranked higher than me has impressed me (some dude was destroying my teams using a smart pistol..and imo that gun is garbage)

Is there a fix for glitched achievements? I'm 14-2 on Swampland, still don't have my achievement for winning on it.

I also play on PC if anyone needs some games. I mainly play on Xbox because I get into matches quicker. Origin: RobNBanks

TrueGrime

More than not, it's not the ranking that's going to destroy you, it's a team that's working together that's going to destroy you. I've definitely had my fair share of matches that I won where I thought I was going to be demolished because I saw four Gen 10's on a team whereas I only had one Gen 10 on my team.

I concern myself with levels before I concern myself with a generation rank simply because the higher the level the more gear they have.

Daemul

I don't pay attention to rank, high rank doesn't mean that someone is a good player, though being in a party can hide people's flaws. I'm fine with being put in a team of random low level players and facing a team of random high level players, I love the challenge.

What I do try to avoid though is facing a party. A random team of high ranking players can be overcome, but a party? LOL! Unless you're in a party yourself or the party you're facing is terrible at coordination then good luck getting a win!

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
I don't pay attention to rank, high rank doesn't mean that someone is a good player, though being in a party can hide people's flaws. I'm fine with being put in a team of random low level players and facing a team of random high level players, I love the challenge.

What I do try to avoid though is facing a party. A random team of high ranking players can be overcome, but a party? LOL! Unless you're in a party yourself or the party you're facing is terrible at coordination then good luck getting a win!

Yeah it's quite surprising that we still don't have a 'Mercenary' playlist. A playlist where no parties can join.
I think this would have really helped a lot with the many earlier complaints people had with the game, where parties of players would dominate randoms. I play Titanfall mostly solo and would prefer to go against other random/solo players.

AlexTrevelyan

Neo Member

I've seen the 1% health thing with the Hemlock as well. Extremely frustrating.

Guys, high generation means almost nothing. All it tells you is they've had a major focus on completing challenges, and those are often the easiest people to play against. They're not worried about winning the game, they're concerned with LMG kills, or rodeo kills, etc.

Jito

Banned
Sorry guys but gotta disagree, a higher rank does generally mean a higher skill level and understanding of the game. I'm not gona stick around in a match to find out if all the below Gen 2 players are actually good, I'd rather try to find a more balanced game every time.

Guess it affects everyone haha. I just quit match when the chances to win is less than 1%.

Luckily today matches is kinda ok to me. Still 18 more wins to complete the damn challenge.

I'm onto my last 2 wins now! Might get it today if I stop complaining and just play.

Hatchtag

Banned
More than not, it's not the ranking that's going to destroy you, it's a team that's working together that's going to destroy you. I've definitely had my fair share of matches that I won where I thought I was going to be demolished because I saw four Gen 10's on a team whereas I only had one Gen 10 on my team.

I concern myself with levels before I concern myself with a generation rank simply because the higher the level the more gear they have.

Oh yeah, when there's clearly a party that's always a bit frustrating. Especially when there's no one in a party on your team, and the other team's a fully party.
I guess party > gen/rank > stats would be how a better matchmaking would go. Try to get roughly the same amount of people in parties on each team, then gen/rank, then stats.

TrueGrime

Alright my usual peeps. Who is going to be playing tonight?

I need to go grab some 4th of July chipotle and I'll be ready.

Top Bottom