• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Chitown B

fuck this shit. Nexus/Hardpoint was my last game/map I needed, and I got it - but then the stupid server couldn't find anyone and switched it to Air Base. FUCK

I'll bet it'll take me 20 more games to come up with Nexus.

beanman25

Not allowed to play this game apparently!

Error: Failed to check Xbox Live Multiplayer permissions. Check your internet connection.

Everything else works, I have gold, etc.. Makes zero sense.

Can't wait until evenings are open for me. The random matches today were nowhere near the quality that they were yesterday.

27 Wins left to go until Gen 9 though. May just go back to campaign matches to quickly knock them out, as boring as the 3 I did today were due to the new players being MIA most of the match (last game was 400-77, and barely saw any of the other team. Not many attempts to take any points other than A on Corporate).

Izuna

Banned
Can I have an opt out option to being put in games where I start off 100 Attrition points down? WHAT THE FUCK. Why is it that I am being pulled out of lobbies I had already had a bad game in to another one? I have started to just quit whenever it happens now and it is taking a very long time to get in a game.

So yeah, my 81% win rate went down to 80%, and I am finding it impossible to simply "play".

Not to mention the EU servers are basically a graveyard during the day and around midnight. Damnit.

=( Does anyone wanna team up?

EDIT: HDUIGEYGFESKHDJ!!!!

I waited a good 3 minutes in the lobby and now I am in another losing game? NO!

--

This whole "skilled matchmaking" shit is dumb. Basically, the only way to not get fucked over is to be in a party. As simple as that.

Izuna

Banned
Next match, the game decided to reshuffle the teams and start out 4 vs 6 -- two people were stuck on "connecting" the whole game.

Match afterwards? Join in progress half way through a losing game.

Can I have an opt out option to being put in games where I start off 100 Attrition points down? WHAT THE FUCK. Why is it that I am being pulled out of lobbies I had already had a bad game in to another one? I have started to just quit whenever it happens now and it is taking a very long time to get in a game.

So yeah, my 81% win rate went down to 80%, and I am finding it impossible to simply "play".

This whole "skilled matchmaking" shit is dumb. Basically, the only way to not get fucked over is to be in a party. As simple as that.

This is my experience playing solo and I'm considering just trading the game in. The recent patch has ruined the game for me it's not fun at all. I get a constant stream of awful teammates even if I put up 100+ points my team still looses.

On for a bit right now. Probably just for an hour or so since I still have to get up early and prep for TS/Hurricane Arthur's arrival. Feel like I'm winging this whole thing in prepping for it, especially with two little siblings-in-law staying over and 3 pets to keep in mind of.

RoKKeR

Just signed on. Hey look, the menu backgrounds are actually interesting now! That's a nice touch.

Will have to read up on some of the balance changes as it looks like (finally) the R101C isn't the only viable option anymore.

Chitown B

Just signed on. Hey look, the menu backgrounds are actually interesting now! That's a nice touch.

Will have to read up on some of the balance changes as it looks like (finally) the R101C isn't the only viable option anymore.

I don't understand why people would think that anyway. I feel like the CAR is one of the best if not the best.

They weren't kidding about staying clear of the buildings in Here be Dragons. Death by Burning Inferno now makes me want some flamethrower weapon for the Titans.

Still on the XB1 for probably another hour. Just message me to join you or join up in a game in progress if you want to go a few rounds. GT is the same as it is on here.

Chitown B

from the instant the lobby switches to the loading screen, to you being able to choose your loadout on X1 = 48 seconds. That's unacceptable. I can't think of any other online FPS with an almost 1 minute loading from lobby to game start.

tauke

They weren't kidding about staying clear of the buildings in Here be Dragons. Death by Burning Inferno now makes me want some flamethrower weapon for the Titans.

Still on the XB1 for probably another hour. Just message me to join you or join up in a game in progress if you want to go a few rounds. GT is the same as it is on here.

I learn that the hard way when I first started out the campaign.

Happily taking care of a hardpoint->match over->hunting down enemies pilot INSIDE the buildings->BOOOOOOM.

Wish they implement it in normal matches.

I learn that the hard way when I first started out the campaign.

Happily taking care of a hardpoint->match over->hunting down enemies pilot INSIDE the buildings->BOOOOOOM.

Wish they implement it in normal matches.

Only just found that out after playing through that mission numerous times, and couldn't help laughing at it. Got me going mostly due to playing 'Made Men' earlier today (the 400-77 game) and wondering if the flames on the pipes near C would burn me as I ran on them. Turned out they didn't, but I guess Here Be Dragons ended up featuring the missing burning infernos.

I too hope something like that ends up becoming part of the game. Maybe a [hint hint] further expansion on the hacking mechanic to allow some map control [nudge nudge Respawn Entertainment].

Applesauce did record that moment. Also happy to see them as a new-ish player do very well with wall running and be just shy in topping me as MVP.

Flame unit weapons for Titans and Pilots (give Pilots AoD ability with some flame ordinance) would be fantastic in a future update. Maybe to coincide with the oft-requested snow maps.

Edit 1: Noticed a lot of lag tonight. Would put in nearly a full clip and not had killed someone. Didn't cause too many issues, but I still hate it happening. Could be my end.

Edit 2: I'm off for the night though, and probably will be offline until Saturday or Sunday when hopefully this hurricane passes through, power will hopefully be restored, and there's minimal surge/flood activity to allow things to quickly get back to normal. I really have no idea though since this is my first experience with tropical weather disturbances. Blizzards in Chicago seem like far more manageable affairs to me at the moment.

Hope your network issues get figured out Grime.

I don't get why people play attrition over pilot hunter. Attrition is cheap and all about farming bots. Why play that? I don't get it.

Hatchtag

Banned
I don't get why people play attrition over pilot hunter. Attrition is cheap and all about farming bots. Why play that? I don't get it.

Both are fun. Attrition has its problems, but so does Pillot Hunter. Feels like everyone swaps to sniper type weapons in that mode.

Alx

Playing pilot hunter actually made it clear for me why Attrition and the TF design in general were brilliant. Since killing grunts and titans is pointless in pilot hunter, the action during a game is much less intense, and you spend more time looking for a relevant target. I'm sure some people prefer a more tense and stealthy gameplay, but for me TF is more based on running around, guns blazing, with targets all around you.

TrueGrime

at least he got an update

AHAHHAHAHAHAH

tumblr_m2qjbjeUl11qe2c25.gif

Playing pilot hunter actually made it clear for me why Attrition and the TF design in general were brilliant. Since killing grunts and titans is pointless in pilot hunter, the action during a game is much less intense, and you spend more time looking for a relevant target. I'm sure some people prefer a more tense and stealthy gameplay, but for me TF is more based on running around, guns blazing, with targets all around you.

Eh, capture the flag is really what makes this gameplay design shine.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
In case you missed my post last week, the June 26th patch added data related to new game modes that Respawn hasn't announced yet.
Info here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118353755&postcount=290

I was having a look through the data yesterday and noticed some new data related to the HashTag matchmaking.
The game did have some data before the patch (such as the script to open the HashTag Dialog) but the text posted below was added with the June 26th patch.

"%s1 players using hashtag #%s2 in your datacenter"
"%s1 players using hashtag #%s2 in your region"
"%s1 players using hashtag #%s2 world-wide"
"%s1 players in playlist in your datacenter with your hashtag"
"%s1 players in playlist in your region with your hashtag"
"%s1 players in playlist world-wide with your hashtag"

As you can see you get quite a lot of information about how many players are using the hashtag.

TrueGrime

For real. Didn't know who half the people were. I was so scared

I think I'm to blame, actually. One of my friends jumped into party chat and he probably brought a shit load of other people. I don't think you can regulate unwanted people getting into your party.

tauke

Ouch past few solo matches all turn out to be losses just because matchmaking think I got 18 win streaks so time to put me into a bunch of no gen less than level 15.

My dream of 100 wins is still a long way.

Edit: I'm still up if anyone wants to play on PC. I had it with my 7 losing streak because I was put into a bunch of no gen players again in a middle of a match.

Top Bottom