• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Anyone having problems with TF locking up on the X1? It has happened to me about 4 times tonight! Usually happens once the game is finished and my XP gets tallied up.

I'm using the Beta dashboard if that makes a difference.

Mr Croft

Just had THE most fun I think I've ever had in Titanfall. A friend and I had a 2v2 on Runoff and it was the most intense, fast paced, challenging yet rewarding game of this game I've ever had. It actually works as a 2v2 game and having 100% control over the team, strategies and communication makes it that much more exciting.

Got a great 3-2 victory withs some tense runs and close calls. I wish there were more dedication options like this, and I really do think 2v2 works great in this game, as it does in Halo with Team Doubles.

I said this yesterday and my friends attacked me. I think 2v2 would work on small maps like runoff or smugglers cove tho

Since the latest update any crashes I was having seem to have gone away, but my crashes were nearly always in-game as I was playing.

Not on the beta dash here.

MaGlock

After marathon session today I'm at 85/100 wins. Really just want to power through it but I need a break. Maybe if all you titan bros are playing tonight

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Eject at your own peril:
http://a.pomf.se/swnupe.webm

I tried to make a montage of that and some other PC gameplay, but a couple YouTube things got in my way... first of all I guess the 60fps thing isn't available to the general public yet, just a few test videos. Then again, their test videos look like shit thanks to the low bitrate anyway. And of course the copyright nazis on music, which didn't really surprise me. But anyway, if anyone is interested, I put it up on Mega, because kimdotcom is the only one that will have me:

720p-ish 325mb 60fps version
1080p-ish 1gb 60fps version

Anyone having problems with TF locking up on the X1? It has happened to me about 4 times tonight! Usually happens once the game is finished and my XP gets tallied up.

I'm using the Beta dashboard if that makes a difference.

I'm in the beta I haven't had any lock ups you may want to unplug the power for a few minutes and restart your xbox.

A near full team of gen 10 against my random team for CTF, yeah that's real fun, give me a laggy but fair game over that trash.

Titanfall is one of the only shooters where I will quit instead of holding out in a match, especially in CTF.

Hatchtag

Banned
Today I got 3 games in a row where there were very non-full teams. It's not very fun when either the other team's so small you easily win, or when there's not enough people playing and you have trouble finding things to shoot. The matchmaking in Titanfall just needs revamped, badly.

Today I got 3 games in a row where there were very non-full teams. It's not very fun when either the other team's so small you easily win, or when there's not enough people playing and you have trouble finding things to shoot. The matchmaking in Titanfall just needs revamped, badly.

Yeah they are just trying to do too much with the skilled matchmaking and it doesn't work.

Been getting back into Titanfall the last few days and it seems Respawn is taking it in the right direction. Some nice additions and balance changes have been made since I last played.

MaGlock

I played 20 matches earlier went 17-3 the matchmaking was in my favor for sure. Very few close games. I wasn't complaining though I need wins. I smell gen 10 man. Get by all I do is win then beast mode gen 9.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I GOT "I KILLED THEM ALL!!!!!"

Of course the Game DVR crapped itself, and Titanfall crashed afterwards, and I only killed three guys, but hey it popped! After waiting a few minutes, it looks like it did get the footage though, woo!

clip

Yes, nowhere near as impressive as the guy who got I think all six gunning them down on the rooftops of Smuggler's Cove, but I'm still damned pleased, and lucky I got that dropship snipe just in time.

Jito

Banned
The amount of players who start a match on Rise running along the floor...
iWKad22.jpg

Been getting back into Titanfall the last few days and it seems Respawn is taking it in the right direction. Some nice additions and balance changes have been made since I last played.

Yeah I just started playing again the other day. A lot of the changes are great so far.

It's too bad the population at large is horrendous at the game though. Playing Marked for Death and I would say around 25% of my matches have at least one teammate with double digit deaths and only 1-2 kills. Really makes the game frustrating.

Mr Croft

Anyone else on Xbox one.noticing a wave of "new" players. Like non regen players? Its seems I see more and more eveeyday

Obscured

Anyone else on Xbox one.noticing a wave of "new" players. Like non regen players? Its seems I see more and more eveeyday

Yes, a huge amount. There was one game the other night where I think there was me and one other guy that had regened. I'm 9 and the other guy I think was 2 or 3. That was an extreme case but in general I am seeing more all the time.

KJ869

I had not played titanfall since the dlc release day on PC, somehow it was running like shit now. Felt like the framerate was spiking.

TrueGrime

I got you on my list Croft. I know you were asking early but I didn't see you on at the time. You asked a bit late. Next time I'll make sure you get in sir.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
If anyone is interested in a unified list of X1 Gamertags PM me your GAF name, Gamertag, and region and I will make one and update it on google docs.

Alx

Cool, I'll probably get them. Although I didn't find the maps of the first pack as good as the default ones, they were a bit too confusing. And the new pack seems to be mining outpost, beach and mining hub... I wouldn't mind more maps with a city theme.
I suppose that once you've bought the first pack, it's too late to buy the season pass ? (or not worth it anyway)

Alx

Outside of a specific game mode, I'm not sure how I feel about hijacking Titans...

I think the hijacking part refers to rodeo, it is a broad description of the base game. I don't think there will be real hijacking, especially since Respawn said all gameplay updates will be separate from maps DLC, and free.

I think the hijacking part refers to rodeo, it is a broad description of the base game. I don't think there will be real hijacking, especially since Respawn said all gameplay updates will be separate from maps DLC, and free.

I hope so. Made some notes on both how it could improve/damage the game if Respawn did that in the other thread:

Sounds interesting so far, especially of hijacking Titans. That's a huge gameplay shift that can go two ways:

1. Help balance out matches where a team calls down Titan's early via Burn Cards.

2. Further increase the gulf between experienced teams and newer/average players. Could see tactics such as capturing enemy Titans while using the entire team's own A.I. Titans as bait in Attrition/Pilot Hunter/Marked For Death.

It concerns me, but hopefully it improves the game further and lay a fantastic framework for Titanfall 2.

Given that some of the data from the latest update suggested a mode where you can capture Titans, I wouldn't be surprised if they meant exactly what they typed.
Thing is though, it seems odd that they would throw out the specific term that is rodeo that has been present in PR material before this point for the broader hijack term.

We also could easily see another update by the time those maps drop. I knew that we would get map announcements this month given some information that some members shared earlier in the first OT, but we have no knowledge at all when these are supposed to drop. Could be the end of this month, or [more likely] early-to-mid August. Expedition was announced on April 12, and released May 15th. That leaves some room for another update to come in to play.

Alx

More than hijacking, I think it would be interesting to have the ability to share your Titan with your allies. If a player of your team needs protection (because he's marked for death for example), you could get to him with your Titan, hop out and let him take the pilot's seat.

E92 M3

Mining locations aren't as interesting =/ Sucks no snow environments. And I don't we can really hijack Titans - that can really change the game.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs

Respawn use the term 'hijack' for a lot of the rodeo code and functions.
It is a bit strange for them to use it in the press release but as you mentioned, it was part of the general description for the game so it isn't anything new.

Fuck you game. Or fuck you American education system.

Only DLC achievement I need is Tree Runner. 500m airborne? Been trying forever, as much as possible without flat out ignoring the game going on. Had a PH game today where I was airborne for 1.4 km which is AFAIK like 1,400m? No achievement. Or are my measurements wrong? mods help

Only DLC achievement I need is Tree Runner. 500m airborne? Been trying forever, as much as possible without flat out ignoring the game going on. Had a PH game today where I was airborne for 1.4 km which is AFAIK like 1,400m? No achievement. Or are my measurements wrong? mods help

What progress does it show on the achievement bar? I have 100% for playing every mode on Swampland, but still haven't unlocked it. Probably because the achievement won't unlock if one of the game modes is Marked For Death, despite it counting on the progress bar.

I don't see how it hasn't counted for you though in any case. Got it in a single match just playing normally.

Obscured

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DTMRlxSrjuHvQS1UjxqBc4I1G_ftL8L6A4DVnr76cQ4/edit?usp=sharing

The X1 GT list is up. Shoot me a PM with the necessary info if you want on it and I'll update it.

Not sure if the guys I'm already friends with want on it, if y'all do just let me know what region you're in.

PM Sent, though I may already have you on my list.

What progress does it show on the achievement bar? I have 100% for playing every mode on Swampland, but still haven't unlocked it. Probably because the achievement won't unlock if one of the game modes is Marked For Death, despite it counting on the progress bar.

I don't see how it hasn't counted for you though in any case. Got it in a single match just playing normally.

I got this also without even knowing about it, but it must be frustrating. Someone else on my friends list also asked about it when they saw I had unlocked it. I wonder if it is glitched for some gametypes. I got it in Hardpoint. I captured A and then left going up the staircase heading toward B, did a wall run on the wall there which sent me right into a tree which I bounced off of and once I landed the achievement popped. Since I was so high up when I hit off the tree I think that is how I got it.

tauke

Regretted that I never pickup the season pass when it's on sale although job is taking up most of my time right now.

Top Bottom