• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Daigoro

so when i hit Gen 4 i was a bit burnt out and i was really not looking forward to the regen challenges before me. took like a moth off and im back feeling fresh and ready to go again. new update is awesome.

got through the sniper rifle kills easy enough, i have a couple of quad rocket titan kills left and a bunch of auto pistol pilot kills left. dont love the auto pistol but it shouldnt be too hard.

so about those crits! i have like 10 so far, so im doing ok. im just not positive exactly what counts and what doesnt. its just charge rifle crits on titans with exposed cores right? do i need to put it into eject state to get the crit, or actually finish it off?

anyone have any advice or tips on the challenge, id appreciate it. doing ok so far, but im just not really clear on what exactly im supposed to be doing.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
so about those crits! i have like 10 so far, so im doing ok. im just not positive exactly what counts and what doesnt. its just charge rifle crits on titans with exposed cores right? do i need to put it into eject state to get the crit, or actually finish it off?

anyone have any advice or tips on the challenge, id appreciate it. doing ok so far, but im just not really clear on what exactly im supposed to be doing.

You need to hit the exposed parts of each titan when shields are depleted - they're a pinkish color and real easy to see. You don't have to kill or doom the titan, just hit the pink spot, heh.

Use arc grenades + explosives pack. 2 arcs downs a shield completely. Also Atlas titans are easier to hit so try and go after those if you can. I racked up quite a few on Angel City and Colony, lots of rooftops with easy views of the streets.

And don't forget to use the amped charge rifle burn cards when you get one.

I didn't want to thread derail in the map pack 2 announce thread so I'll post this here.

People in that thread are saying that it seems like more players are on the Xbox One version. I have played every night for the past week and I rarely get into a game that has 6v6. I usually get into matches where it's only 4v4 and it's really killing my enjoyment of the game. When I search I go to variety pack just to get in quickly. I have also tried other game modes. I play around 8-9pm pacific time. Last night was the first night in about a week that I got into a 6v6 game.

I checked my ports on my router and everything is fine. I don't think it's on my end.

Has anyone else ran into not getting full games going?

Daigoro

^^^^^

depends on the playlist maybe?

i played for like 4 hours today and had mostly full games all day during the daytime

sometimes i notice that some rooms wont populate after a while some days and you have to leave and rejoin because it seems like no one can join you. not sure if thats the same issue.

try any different servers at all? you can pick from the main menu. maybe worth a shot to sss if there is any change.

You need to hit the exposed parts of each titan when shields are depleted - they're a pinkish color and real easy to see. You don't have to kill or doom the titan, just hit the pink spot, heh.

Use arc grenades + explosives pack. 2 arcs downs a shield completely. Also Atlas titans are easier to hit so try and go after those if you can. I racked up quite a few on Angel City and Colony, lots of rooftops with easy views of the streets.

And don't forget to use the amped charge rifle burn cards when you get one.

ok cool thanks for the tips!

i guess maybe the shields arent down all the time when i hit because it seems like the beam is so fucking wide that i should be getting crits left and right on those pulsating titan guts, but maybe the shields are regenning in between hits or something?

i blew quite a few games today just going for crits. lol feels bad man! thx Respawn.

Mr Croft

I didn't want to thread derail in the map pack 2 announce thread so I'll post this here.

People in that thread are saying that it seems like more players are on the Xbox One version. I have played every night for the past week and I rarely get into a game that has 6v6. I usually get into matches where it's only 4v4 and it's really killing my enjoyment of the game. When I search I go to variety pack just to get in quickly. I have also tried other game modes. I play around 8-9pm pacific time. Last night was the first night in about a week that I got into a 6v6 game.

I checked my ports on my router and everything is fine. I don't think it's on my end.

Has anyone else ran into not getting full games going?

Their has been quite a wave of new players on the Xbox one. I don't think variety pack is the way to go on the old maps. Most of the people I see are playing attrition. Also alot of people have the maps and on that variety is the way to go. I hardly have trouble finding full games for variety pack on new maps

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
So is it just me or did they remove the burn card overrun protection? I haven't been able to get over 100 for a few days. Must have been some sort of exploit or something? More rare burn cards down the drain :(

KingV

TheOddOne

- Respawn: TITANFALL: FRONTIER’S EDGE
Today, we would like to announce Frontier’s Edge, the second DLC pack for Titanfall. Pushing the battle to the furthest reaches of the universe, Titanfall Frontier’s Edge introduces three exciting new maps including the isolated mining outpost of Dig Site, the exclusive beach resort of Haven and the mining hub on the side of a mountain known as Export.

TFDLC2-Titled-Hero-Art-1920x1080_size.jpg

Titanfall Frontier’s Edge is the second of three planned content packs with each pack available for $9.99. Gamers who are looking for the ultimate value can purchase the Titanfall Season Pass*, which offers all three content packs for a one-time purchase of $24.99 as soon as they become available. The Titanfall Season Pass can be purchased for the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and on Origin for PC.

Anyone else having issues unlocking the tree runner achievement? Is it a cumulative 500m or per match or what? I think I glitch unlocked the other achievement for swamp lands because I didn't think I was in the air for 60 seconds...

I can't get over this game... Had a few hours last night and was hoping to put a big dent in guacamelee but decided to play a match of titanfall which turned into over 10... Was on a 7 game winning streak at one point with all the games being fairly close including one 3-3 LTS where I was outnumbered by titans 3-1 but managed to secure the victory for my team

One thing I noticed they move players around in the lobby pregame now based on the previous match. A welcome change IMO

Anyone else having issues unlocking the tree runner achievement? Is it a cumulative 500m or per match or what? I think I glitch unlocked the other achievement for swamp lands because I didn't think I was in the air for 60 seconds...

I can't get over this game... Had a few hours last night and was hoping to put a big dent in guacamelee but decided to play a match of titanfall which turned into over 10... Was on a 7 game winning streak at one point with all the games being fairly close including one 3-3 LTS where I was outnumbered by titans 3-1 but managed to secure the victory for my team

One thing I noticed they move players around in the lobby pregame now based on the previous match. A welcome change IMO

https://twitter.com/abbieheppe/status/484146650487595010

Glitch. It's affecting me, too.

Another glitch, today I was playing Pilot Hunter on Runoff and my Titan was doomed. I go to nuke eject and it tells me my Titan crushed me. I respawn, and somehow my Titan is just standing there with its arms up like it does right before it explodes only it wasnt exploding. It sat there for the entire remainder of the game, which was quite a while. It was funny seeing enemy pilots and Titans try to engage it.

Mr Croft

Some guy is saying to me that he and his team play scrims in titanfall and play "MLG" rules... I dont know weather to laugh or feel sorry for the guy...

Mr Croft

Its titanfall the competitive scene in this game won't even come close to a game like halo and as much as I hate to say it CoD as either. This game will fade once halo 2 makes its comeback.

TrueGrime

That's true. I was even surprised to see MLG supporting it. Don't see a lot of teams. I wouldn't mind playing competitively on a team though! Even with shitty team members such as Bear and Nori.

Nori Chan

That's true. I was even surprised to see MLG supporting it. Don't see a lot of teams. I wouldn't mind playing competitively on a team though! Even with shitty team members such as Bear and Nori.

my back is still sore from carrying your sorry ass

bear can hold his own at least

Top Bottom