• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
pwDKLog.png

lol.

Don't judge me, I needed that level for the campaign insignia... actually still need one more, The Three Towers as Militia.

lol.

Don't judge me, I needed that level for the campaign insignia... actually still need one more, The Three Towers as Militia.

With how the matchmaking kept switching me over in the regular multiplayer when I was on a high to 'balance' the matches, I ended up joining the campaign to knockout the last 15 wins or so.

Didn't feel too bad since most of those matches had about the same ratio of levels and gens.

So no judging.

tauke

Just got an amped triple threat. Magnetic triple threat grenades. Is it as ridiculous as it sounds? Seems unstoppable on tighter maps.

I need to try amped triple threat next time. The amped chaingun that rips through armor is crazy imbalance especially in Last Titan Standing with obligatory accelerator mod.

I need to try amped triple threat next time. The amped chaingun that rips through armor is crazy imbalance especially in Last Titan Standing with obligatory accelerator mod.

wow i want one. wonder how you unlock one of them shits. All I use is Arc Cannon.

btw I did use an amped arc cannon card today. The most impressive thing was the sound. I think I would literally shit myself if I were on a battlefield and heard that thing screaming.

TrueGrime

Calling it a night man. That's twice my internet dropped. Ah well. I was enjoying that 15 game win streak. Great gaming as always Titanbrehs.

Nori Chan

Calling it a night man. That's twice my internet dropped. Ah well. I was enjoying that 15 game win streak. Great gaming as always Titanbrehs.

you missed out on us joining a game in progress down by 200 in hard point and us triple capping to win the game 400 to 369 lol

but no big deal

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I love when you're playing Marked for Death and have one specific teammate who continues to just bull rush the enemy mark while they're also marked. Randoms are truly amazing.

iso135

Just got my new Xbox One hooked up last night. Played about an hour of Titanfall. I am not very good yet, but if anyone wants to group up feel free to add me.

GT: iso135

TrueGrime

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DTMRlxSrjuHvQS1UjxqBc4I1G_ftL8L6A4DVnr76cQ4/edit?usp=sharing

The X1 GT list is up. Shoot me a PM with the necessary info if you want on it and I'll update it.

Not sure if the guys I'm already friends with want on it, if y'all do just let me know what region you're in.

Just got my new Xbox One hooked up last night. Played about an hour of Titanfall. I am not very good yet, but if anyone wants to group up feel free to add me.

GT: iso135

Don't forget to sign up.

So I used my Amped Triple Threat on Corporate and it was as devastating as I'd dreamed it would be. Just completely unfair. I feel like I wasted it though because the other team really sucked. But man I just wrecked anyone who came near me. Eventually guys would just run when they saw me. I knew it would be ridiculous on a tight map like that but I think maybe it would be even better on long maps where you can kind of rain down grenades on people who think they are safe.

Still want to try the chaingun card. Is there a 40mm cannon card? I'd imagine it's quite effective, too.

TrueGrime

So I used my Amped Triple Threat on Corporate and it was as devastating as I'd dreamed it would be. Just completely unfair. I feel like I wasted it though because the other team really sucked. But man I just wrecked anyone who came near me. Eventually guys would just run when they saw me. I knew it would be ridiculous on a tight map like that but I think maybe it would be even better on long maps where you can kind of rain down grenades on people who think they are safe.

Still want to try the chaingun card. Is there a 40mm cannon card? I'd imagine it's quite effective, too.

Chaingun burn cards eats through titan shields like a hot knife through butter.

FDBMath

I still can't get Goosers. I'm stuck on 1/5 and need to advance.

HELP ME GAF. Best game mode?

I think the best game mode is Marked for Death - the marks that pop from their titans are clearly marked, even when they are cloaked. Easy aiming. Chaingun works great, so does the arc cannon.

I still can't get Goosers. I'm stuck on 1/5 and need to advance.

HELP ME GAF. Best game mode?

I think the best game mode is Marked for Death - the marks that pop from their titans are clearly marked, even when they are cloaked. Easy aiming. Chaingun works great, so does the arc cannon.

This would be my choice, though a lot of people in MFD and LTS have wizened up and just exit their Titan normally to prevent people from getting the expected Gooser or Execution kills.

Arc Cannon is my personal favorite, but the chain gun (vanilla or extended mag) works very well.

Spades

Thanks for the tips. No matter what gun I use, I just can't seem to get Goosers. I can't even see the guys ejecting. I must just be terrible.

colt92

Neo Member
Hey fellow gaffers, do you know if the DirectX issue of the game in PC has been solved?
I tried the game back when it was in Game Time, but couldn't actually play it since I was welcomed with a DX11 error that crashed the game whenever I joined a match. It seems that an update caused a bug that made it impossible to play with non-DX11 GPUs.

Obscured

Any mode with Arc Cannon.

Just play the game naturally but use that Arc Cannon and the goosers will just come to you.

This would be my choice, though a lot of people in MFD and LTS have wizened up and just exit their Titan normally to prevent people from getting the expected Gooser or Execution kills.

Arc Cannon is my personal favorite, but the chain gun (vanilla or extended mag) works very well.

I'll add to the arc cannon pile on. When I first heard this I thought everyone was crazy, but then I realized I was just too far away. If you are in range as soon as the reticule turns red... boom.

Bonus: for pull harder, wait till they hit the top of their ascent and then fire at their feet. I kept aiming high and would just miss past their head.

Also I will be on in about 20 minutes.

GT is Mouroutaru I'm already on some friends list but since my GAF name is different calling it out, though everyone is probably asleep already.

hoyalawya

Thanks for the tips. No matter what gun I use, I just can't seem to get Goosers. I can't even see the guys ejecting. I must just be terrible.

Arc cannon with capacitor for goose hunting. The capacitor will help with timing. Start looking above the titan and start charging the arc cannon once the titan is doomed. It becomes much more difficult to track the ejecting pilot if you don't look above the titan .
It is easier to find ejecting cloaked pilots in maps with dark sky - e.g., Airbase and War Game - than in maps with bright sky. Nuclear ejection propels the pilot much higher than non-nuclear ejection and many times out of range for the arc cannon. Lastly, you won't be able to goose if other titans are shooting at you while you are aiming (blurred sight, vibration, etc) so play LTS with a good team.

hoyalawya

I and the majority of my Xbox crew make new accounts for Titanfall this week. Got tired of people backing out of the lobby because we were all gen 10s (can't blame them though as we literally roll through people in LTS and getting a lot of goosers). I don't think that I am going to gen up my new account though as I don't want to go through the grind again.

Top Bottom