• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Ji66a-Man

Had a mixed bag of games today, but this one was a facepalm for matchmaking.

pqiIFQX.png

tauke

Lots of new players on PC.

3 more wins to complete the challenge and another 23 more Titanfall drop on enemies before I regen to Gen 9.

Edit: Ok done with 100 wins. Also first time everyone in a match got kick out of the server and put into a new map rotation. o_O

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
After I hit 50 I'm not gonna be doing any regens on the XB1, fuck that. I got up to 7 or 8 on PC and I don't feel like doing all that shit over again.

Of course in a week or 2 I expect someone to quote this post when i'm Gen 2.

I can't resist

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
^Don't resist. Join the Double Gen 10 Master Race.

I don't have the patience and resolve for that unfortunately. Gen 9 and 10 challenges look like grind-fests and that sucks most of the fun out of it for me. Plus the Gen 7 badge is so purdy.

I'd love to play with a party on Xbox One.

Add BobRichards91

I play most afternoons and late evenings (10-11pm CST)

I added you to the XB1 list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DTMRlxSrjuHvQS1UjxqBc4I1G_ftL8L6A4DVnr76cQ4/edit?usp=sharing

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Ugh, updated drivers last night, and looks like ShadowPlay wasn't running for my lunch session, missed out on a lot of really good clips including a rodeo Kraber eject goose :(

Next time I gotta make sure that little icon is in the corner.

If you would add me to the google doc I would appreciate it. I'm not enjoying the game solo anymore after the last match making update and could use some people to play with.

My gamertage is CrocodilesLogic

Marco1

Been playing this all night and loving it. But I miss the trash talking in the lobbies from games of old.
I can see people with the mic icon beside them but is there a reason why no one talks?

Nori Chan

i love that titanbros is a thing now
youre welcome

but i shall be away this weekend. carry my legacy through shitty gifs and insulting grime for me titanbros

Obscured

After I hit 50 I'm not gonna be doing any regens on the XB1, fuck that. I got up to 7 or 8 on PC and I don't feel like doing all that shit over again.

Of course in a week or 2 I expect someone to quote this post when i'm Gen 2.

I can't resist

I've reached the point where I no longer chase achievements and I was going to apply that same intent to the gens, thinking I would stop at maybe 5 (mainly due to gooser)... I hit 10 yesterday. No one will judge.

Been playing this all night and loving it. But I miss the trash talking in the lobbies from games of old.
I can see people with the mic icon beside them but is there a reason why no one talks?

It is like you answered the question before asking it.

Although trash talking amongst a group that gets together and plays often seems to happen and is often of a higher entertainment quality. Randoms trash talking on the other hand is typically cliche and boring and has driven a lot of people into silence or party chat.

Hopefully I can get some games in with some of you this weekend. I'm always getting on late and miss everyone.

tauke

The Amped Rocket Salvo damage is crazy high. Manage to surprise some enemies Ogre who think their full shield is enough to survive it lol.

Other than that, I'm still surprised in seeing lots of new players on PC.

njean777

I'm still stuck at 1/5 for the regen gooser challenge. I suck at getting them. I took about a 3 month break from the game and have been getting back into it today, chasing some of the cheevos they added for the first DLC.

It is easier when playing marked for death. Easy thing to do is just put the titan machine gun on and hunt the marks when they are in titans.

DoomGyver

I just hit Gen 2 and I've been toying around with the different weapons and keep coming back to the r101c suppressed. I prefer using the suppressor and staying off of the radar but most of the other guns in the game a terrible with it. the smg isn't bad but it doesn't have the range of the r101c. The G4MA ? (mk 14 clone) is decent suppressed but that's it.

I'm going to add the people on the google docs list because I'm tired of playing lone wolf.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I'm going to add the people on the google docs list because I'm tired of playing lone wolf.

I just updated the list, we're up to 25 total so far. Once you play with GAF you will have a hard time playing with randoms again, but that is true for pretty much any MP game.

Last night I was trying to get the IMC win for the last campaign map and fuck me if we didn't lose by 4 goddamn points, so I gave up and turned it off. fffuuuuuuuu

tauke

Crazy matches for tonight and 300+ ping is still enjoyable for me.

Although for CTF, the lag can be bothersome as you're unsure if you got the flag.

Last night I was trying to get the IMC win for the last campaign map and fuck me if we didn't lose by 4 goddamn points, so I gave up and turned it off. fffuuuuuuuu

Yeah sometimes I wonder why my team can lead in the early match and later only lose by 1 point in Attrition is so annoying. Makes me want to scream FUUUUUU on the chat lol.

Had a mixed bag of games today, but this one was a facepalm for matchmaking.

pqiIFQX.png

I had some weird matches this morning too.

WW2H1Th.png

What annoys me more is every time I regen it feels like matchmaking breaks for me until I play a good 20+ matches again, I either get thrown into completely unbalanced matches or paired up with gen 1 people going against a party of pros.

Rembrandt

Banned
Is it me or this game as the less skilled player ever.

I see a lot of people playing it like CoD, even in Titans. If you're skilled at mobility, you seemingly have the upper hand a lot of times. People never retreat in Titans, so you could easily just dash around them; even two on one titan battles don't seem that bad with how people play.

i'd say 70% of the time I use my titan to push or cause a mess more then hang back and chip damage, unless it's last titan standing where I prefer to take it safe.

Catch another titan off-guard you can really do some armor damage before they can react most of the time.

MaGlock

If an Avenue is open I will dip on a titan fight so fast if I'm losing. Drop back re shield gain better position for a rematch. Halo tactics in titans mang

It is easier when playing marked for death. Easy thing to do is just put the titan machine gun on and hunt the marks when they are in titans.

That sounds like a good tip! I will have to try it out. I did get my second gooser today on War Games. Managed to get one while using that one-shot attachment for the Arc Cannon. All of my other Gen5 challenges are done now, just need 3 more goosers!

Top Bottom