• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

TrueGrime

I don't mean to get off topic guys but since I've played with a bunch of you here and I'm comfortable playing with GAF peeps, what other multiplayer games will you all be getting this year?

RedRaider

I don't mean to get off topic guys but since I've played with a bunch of you here and I'm comfortable playing with GAF peeps, what other multiplayer games will you all be getting this year?
Destiny, Far Cry and a few others to hold me over until the MCC. My life is officially over November 11th lol.

Can't wait to start playing some Halo 3 again.

On XB1, probably Evolve if I don't get my PC up and running by that point or enough people on my friends list are picking it up to be worth double dipping. Maybe Masterchief Collection, but that's sort of low on the list when so many other titles that will be new experiences are coming out between September-March.

Destiny and The Last of Us Remastered for PS4.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Welp fuck the IMC win for the last campaign map ...

mlwKi.jpg

It's just not in the cards for me

tauke

Look Out Below challenge is much frustrating to me compared to All I Do is Win...

Many times my Titanfall aim is slighty offset than the AI grunts. 4 more to go.

Edit: Finally regen to Gen 9. Phew.

GG's peeps. I think I was there for 13 games and we went 13-0. Not that I was the reason, I was usually middle or lower of the scoreboard aside from that LTS match. Does the GAF Titanfall team ever lose lol? I think in that LTS match we had 2 Titans go into doom state the entire match.

Wish LTS popped up more often.

Look Out Below challenge is much frustrating to me compared to All I Do is Win...

Many times my Titanfall aim is slighty offset than the AI grunts. 4 more to go.

For my money Look Out Below is the shittiest, most frustrating challenge of them all because it really kind of makes you break from the natural flow of playing the game to farm for this stupid progress bar. Plus it's so random. It's almost like the game trolls you by making grunts sidestep out of the way right as your Titan is about to land on them.

I eventually started rodeoing Titans and when they'd get out I would look down and call in my Titan which would then crush them even if I got shot off. It works a lot better on Auto-Titans, though that will be harder now since they pop smoke now.

Another good tactic is looking for pod drops and just calling it in right there then running in a circle underneath. The AI will shoot at you and usually you'll kill them.

TrueGrime

Dear Respawn,

As a hardcore supporter of this game I really hope you fix the fucking broke fucking melee kick in this game. Thanks.

TG

tauke

Dear Respawn,

As a hardcore supporter of this game I really hope you fix the fucking broke fucking melee kick in this game. Thanks.

TG

Quote for truth. The melee in Titanfall is as random as random encounter in a JRPG.

Another good tactic is looking for pod drops and just calling it in right there then running in a circle underneath. The AI will shoot at you and usually you'll kill them.

Yup I got lucky when a drop pod just fall in front of me and I quickly Titanfall on them.

T.O.P

Banned
Finally got back into the game

Absolutely love the forest map, tried to play on it the day the map pack released but rng didn't let me lol

I think i'll focus on this 'till Destiny drops, wanna reach that G10 at some point

TrueGrime

Finally got back into the game

Absolutely love the forest map, tried to play on it the day the map pack released but rng didn't let me lol

I think i'll focus on this 'till Destiny drops, wanna reach that G10 at some point

I'll never reach G10 before the fall titles start dropping. ):

Not for lack of trying though. That rodeo challenge is a bitch. I played for 4 hours tonight and only got 4.

tauke

The Gen 9 challenge for being the MVP of the match is very easy for me especially pair with new players.

Drawback is my team often loss but hell better than All I Do is Win challenge.

I hate touch buttons on consoles, my usb cord rubbed against the power button as I got up to close a window and it turned off my console just as a match was loading up.

so stupid!

one more win in CTF and i'm leaving that behind forever, the ruleset for that mode is all wrong, the round should not end if someone is carrying a flag as a last attempt to capture it. I had some matches where I was in view or right next to my flag with the enemies to win but the round will end.

Mr Croft

I hate touch buttons on consoles, my usb cord rubbed against the power button as I got up to close a window and it turned off my console just as a match was loading up.

so stupid!

one more win in CTF and i'm leaving that behind forever, the ruleset for that mode is all wrong, the round should not end if someone is carrying a flag as a last attempt to capture it. I had some matches where I was in view or right next to my flag with the enemies to win but the round will end.

I said that too. No sudden death is silly

I know that I moan about Titanfall so often but it's because I want it to be as good as possible, little things here and there sour the experience and I would love to see them resolved.

Gen 5 challenges so far seem alright, getting kills with the carbine isn't really a challenge however.

Sometimes I notice that a super tiny bump in something will either ruin a parkour run or stop you ledge grabbing correctly, or even strafing, like tiny flaws in construction which break the flow of combat now and again.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
GG as always GAF. If anyone is wondering who the idiot mark was that got killed by the one man team, that would have been me :D

I'll never reach G10 before the fall titles start dropping. ):

Not for lack of trying though. That rodeo challenge is a bitch. I played for 4 hours tonight and only got 4.

Have you tried the LMG and slammer mod?

TrueGrime

Some campaign levels have AI titans that will count for that challenge.

I didn't know this. I think it's time to go back to campaign mode.

GG as always GAF. If anyone is wondering who the idiot mark was that got killed by the one man team, that would have been me :D

Have you tried the LMG and slammer mod?

Yup. That's all I use for that particular challenge. Unfortunately, titan killing is all that fucked up gun is for.

LoL. What's this about you getting killed by a one-man team??

Mr Croft

I didn't know this. I think it's time to go back to campaign mode

LoL. What's this about you getting killed by a one-man team??

*clears throat*
5 on 1 MFD he got caught by the mark on their team when he was the mark. We joked because he was the only guy on the other team. Just funny times

I'm assuming Respawn and Bluepoint still haven't said anything about U4 for 360?

Loving the communication.

Last tweet still from April.

LOOOL.

TrueGrime

I really wish someone from Respawn would explain the shitty melee mechanics. Why does the game lock the players into this animation and grant kills even when there's no contact made. The game is only taking in account the distance that players are in when the player starts the melee attack and completely fucking disregards any distance that can be completed between the start and the end of the animation (to include distance that is beyond out of range for a damn foot). I'm about five feet above this guy when he kills me. Frustrating shit like this is going to make me use this game as a coaster.

fuckthisgame.gif

HelloMeow

I really wish someone from Respawn would explain the shitty melee mechanics. Why does the game lock the players into this animation and grant kills even when there's no contact made.

I´d like to know. This was the most ridiculous instance I have seen. I was above the lamps the moment I died. Look at how high that it compared to the guy killing me.

iiMstNcuSkXWG.gif

I really wish someone from Respawn would explain the shitty melee mechanics. Why does the game lock the players into this animation and grant kills even when there's no contact made. The game is only taking in account the distance that players are in when the player starts the melee attack and completely fucking disregards any distance that can be completed between the start and the end of the animation (to include distance that is beyond out of range for a damn foot). I'm about five feet above this guy when he kills me. Frustrating shit like this is going to make me use this game as a coaster.

fuckthisgame.gif

I see this quite often and I play with a full good ping bar most of the time, it makes me worry about halo servers this winter.

I know it's delay related but often I will melee first but lose the attack to their melee, on their kill cam I did nothing, it's really worrying.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just got this game! I'm generally good at FPSs, so add me and hopefully you won't have to carry me. My gamertag = kittens dx. If I end up liking the game a lot I'll probably be fairly active in this thread. :)

Mr Croft

Can I get any external hard drive from new egg and hook ot up to my room for extra storage? If so what size should I get? I saw a 2TB for 110.

TrueGrime

I just got this game! I'm generally good at FPSs, so add me and hopefully you won't have to carry me. My gamertag = kittens dx. If I end up liking the game a lot I'll probably be fairly active in this thread. :)

Added you as Majjam. When do you usually play?

Can I get any external hard drive from new egg and hook ot up to my room for extra storage? If so what size should I get? I saw a 2TB for 110.

Let me know what you end up getting, Croft. I'm late on the bandwagon to get an external as well. I even hear they're better for gaming.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I'd go for the 2TB drive. Storage is cheap these days unless you're talking SSD but even those are steadily coming down.

I've got a 2TB secondary drive on my PC to compliment the SSD but I'm gonna add a 2nd

Mr Croft

Anyone gonna play tonight? I'm planning on being on after todays premiere of "the strain" also newegg has a 2tb for 100 flat I will get it see how it is and let you all know.

hoyalawya

I got 2 external USB drives connected to my Xbox One. A 4 TB 5,400 rpm Western Digital and a 512 GB SSD. I put Titanfall on the SSD. I am noticing that I am usually the first titan moving on Last Titan Standing at the start of the first game . I can usually get two dashes in before other titans start to move.

tauke

Is Gen 9 where you need to drop titans on enemies? I'm so scared of that challenge.

That should be Gen 8 challenge which took me the longest after the 100 wins.

There is lot of challenges for Gen 9 but most of it are pretty breeze compared to Gen 8.

Top Bottom