• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

TrueGrime

I played a lot of the campaign this evening to get easy rodeo kills and there are a shit load of new, un-gen players that felt the wrath of my gen6 rage. There will still be people to shoot and glitch melee for some time to come.

kevin1025

Banned
I played a lot of the campaign this evening to get easy rodeo kills and there are a shit load of new, un-gen players that felt the wrath of my gen6 rage. There will still be people to shoot and glitch melee for some time to come.

That is good news. I'm joining up as an un-gen player in two weeks when I finally get an Xbox One and I was concerned the campaign was tough to get going with players. I'll happily be glitch melee fodder soon!

Nori Chan

that's why I'm over here yelling don't melee me whenever i turn the corner and find somebody

EBE

just bought the game on friday and have been having a good time with it. got to gen 2 quickly enough sticking mostly with the first assault rifle and the longbow sniper or whatever its called.

i wish there were a titan-less mode. i dont enjoy using titans. i usually drop them in and keep them on auto. i mean i like the pilot vs titan dynamic, i just wish there was also a mode where they werent in play. also, i dont use burn cards. i discard the things. am i missing out?

TrueGrime

That is good news. I'm joining up as an un-gen player in two weeks when I finally get an Xbox One and I was concerned the campaign was tough to get going with players. I'll happily be glitch melee fodder soon!

Make sure you just up with us Titanbrehs. We'd be happy to take you through the campaign.

that's why I'm over here yelling don't melee me whenever i turn the corner and find somebody

You yell a lot of stuff a lot of the time, Nori. LoL.

just bought the game on friday and have been having a good time with it. got to gen 2 quickly enough sticking mostly with the first assault rifle and the longbow sniper or whatever its called.

i wish there were a titan-less mode. i dont enjoy using titans. i usually drop them in and keep them on auto. i mean i like the pilot vs titan dynamic, i just wish there was also a mode where they werent in play. also, i dont use burn cards. i discard the things. am i missing out?

You are! The burn cards add a fun dynamic. Especially the ones that amp your normal weapons. It's like a whole new weapon. Especially when some of those weapons not only kill, but cause a pilot to splatter into gore. Very satisfying. :)

EBE

You are! The burn cards add a fun dynamic. Especially the ones that amp your normal weapons. It's like a whole new weapon. Especially when some of those weapons not only kill, but cause a pilot to splatter into gore. Very satisfying. :)

they do? lol okay i gotta try these out. i get wrecked pretty hard playing with randoms and never get to see them in action.

my gamertag is EBEORIETEMETHHP if anyone ever wants to shoot me a game invite.

TrueGrime

Those peeps that posted your GT I believe Applesauce will get you on the XB1 list so we all know who is who. I'll add you myself in a bit EBE.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This game is effing awesome. I'll definitely be playing a lot of it between now and when Destiny comes out in September, and probably well afterwards.

Alx

they do? lol okay i gotta try these out. i get wrecked pretty hard playing with randoms and never get to see them in action.

my gamertag is EBEORIETEMETHHP if anyone ever wants to shoot me a game invite.

There are also cards that you can appreciate even when you're not very good against other pilots : speed boost, permanent cloak, unlimited grenades, double XP, Titan build speed-up,...
As a matter of fact, amped weapons aren't the ones I appreciate most, for me they're mostly a quick way to switch to another weapon in the middle of the game without having to select another pilot profile.

Montresor

I finally got my 50 Hardpoint wins last night. I'm at around 27 Pilot Hunter and I think 22 Last Titan Standing wins. That will take forever (to get each mode's 50-win achievement). I'll put Titanfall on pause until the next DLC comes out.

tauke

Just hit level 50 Gen 9. Fastest ever leveling up and 6 more Smart Pistol kills to go.

Never knew Ogre can be really fun if you let shield core activated at the right moment. Mainly a Stryder user but the right Gen challenge can encourage different playstyle.

Save for random challenges or too high of a number like the original Gooser and All I Do is Win...

Edit: Ah just done killing 75 pilots with Smart Pistol. Now dreary with Hemlock and Kraber challenge since it is the least used weapons for me.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
What's the best set up for Freshly Squeezed? I dusted off the PC version yesterday and this is the only think keeping me from Gen 8. I've only got 11.

MaGlock

What's the best set up for Freshly Squeezed? I dusted off the PC version yesterday and this is the only think keeping me from Gen 8. I've only got 11.

I like Chaingun so you can get real close and have constant damage I'll stop right before the enemy titan goes doomed make sure I have a dash. It still takes a lot of luck though.

tauke

Well my style of play is to activate Dash core at the right moment and keep dashing while shooting with chaingun at enemy Titan with accelerator.

Once their life bar really low like few pixels left, keep punching them and you'll squeeze them good. :D

MadmanUK

Just hit level 50 Gen 9. Fastest ever leveling up and 6 more Smart Pistol kills to go.

Never knew Ogre can be really fun if you let shield core activated at the right moment. Mainly a Stryder user but the right Gen challenge can encourage different playstyle.

Save for random challenges or too high of a number like the original Gooser and All I Do is Win...

Edit: Ah just done killing 75 pilots with Smart Pistol. Now dreary with Hemlock and Kraber challenge since it is the least used weapons for me.

For the Kraber kills i just kept replaying the first hardpoint mission in the campaign and camped on the roof over the C terminal. Real easy to pick people off as you have direct line of sight through the hole in the roof.

IHaveIce

Banned
G7 is shit, pulling out Pilots out of titans is just dumb, people just eject out too fast.

If I remember correctly in the next 2 Gens there will be the same stuff. Somehow I don't really have much temptation to play it then

Ferny

Picked up the season pass and loving all three maps. War Games and Swampland are the better of the three, but don't have a problem with the third one.

MaGlock

G7 is shit, pulling out Pilots out of titans is just dumb, people just eject out too fast.

If I remember correctly in the next 2 Gens there will be the same stuff. Somehow I don't really have much temptation to play it then

Went fast with atlas chasis. Ogre taking a bit but both 8 and 9 are long haul gens

tauke

jpoYld2.png

So I team up with this guys and GG non stop with no loss.

So good.

Argonomic

Is this on the list of things to add in updates?

In regards to live-replay, not this time around. It's been on the radar since very early in development, but there were higher priority features that pushed it out, for now. Like private match support.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to get home and play more of this. Anyone wanna party up tonight around 8pm Pacific?

Earlier today reached G9Lvl50 with the Smart Pistol and Kraber under my belt. Not liking how inconsistent the Hemlock is thus far, but hopefully it gets better as I unlock mods.

Only things that will slow me down for a bit will be MVP until I get the other challenges knocked out. Been finding difficulty balancing the other challenges with MVP, especially when having to rely on the Plasma Railgun while in the Titan.

Progress thus far:

• MVP(III): 7/50
  • Deadly Apparition (V): 107/200
  • Death Reincarnate(III): 25/75
  • Disarmed(IV): 11/25
  • Critically Conditioned(III)- XO-16 Chaingun: 148/400
  • Critically Conditioned(IV)-Plasma Railgun: 21/50
  • Top Gun(II)-Hemlock BF-R: 13/15

Edit: On now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yours truly
Grimey
Croft
ihaveice
kittens

5 for tonight

you guys good for a 6pm pst time?
Sweeeeet. My evening is kinda weird so I'm not sure when I'll be ready, but yall start without me and I'll join in at some point.

Felt like I was shooting magic bullets earlier, shooting at a pilot in the sky after ejecting with the chaingun and I heard 6 bullets hit, they didn't die.

Felt like I was shooting magic bullets earlier, shooting at a pilot in the sky after ejecting with the chaingun and I heard 6 bullets hit, they didn't die.

I've been having some issues today. Some lag to where it's clear I was dead at least a second before it registered on my end. Made the Hemlock a bit challenging to use and may be why I found the gun 'inconsistent'.

Top Bottom