• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Finally got all the achievements! Today is a momentous one!

Now I'm ready for Destiny!

Roflobear

I'll be online a few evenings each week for a while. This game has me hooked.

Noice

I'll be around too BREH.

1393692418448.gif

Man Titanfall made my week tonight. Getting into a game with Ray from Achievement Hunter and then I finished up that lousy gooser challenge to hit G6. Funny thing is, as soon as I got the 5th gooser I easily got another one after that. Feels so good. Having a moment here bros. *ahhhhh*

tauke

Any tips for using Hemlock? Keep getting owned when in combat with other pilots.

I admit I'm not the type who enjoy slow burst weapon that I can't control at my own will. Still 50 more pilots kill to go.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
shut up and get on

Sadly, I wasted too much of the day playing on PC, and need to get like 2 weeks of work done in one night so I'll have to pass :(
Any tips for using Hemlock? Keep getting owned when in combat with other pilots.
Apply downward force to counter the upward kick (especially if you use the Starburst mod, which I personally don't like)... uhhh, have really really good aim... and uhh hope for the best. One of my least favorite guns. At least with the sniper rifles you can kind of snipe with them. Hemlock sucks at long range, sucks at close range, and sucks at medium range.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Good games! I was lost half the time (okay, more than half), but I had fun.

I admit I'm not the type who enjoy slow burst weapon that I can't control at my own will. Still 50 more pilots kill to go.

Don't use it unless you like sitting back at distance. If it's a burn card amped hemlock then just go crazy cuz it owns everything.

CozMick

Banned
After 6pm here in the UK this game is deader than Killzone.

The game resorts to putting me in a server with 2 bar bullet sponges :/

tauke

Sadly, I wasted too much of the day playing on PC, and need to get like 2 weeks of work done in one night so I'll have to pass :(

Apply downward force to counter the upward kick (especially if you use the Starburst mod, which I personally don't like)... uhhh, have really really good aim... and uhh hope for the best. One of my least favorite guns. At least with the sniper rifles you can kind of snipe with them. Hemlock sucks at long range, sucks at close range, and sucks at medium range.

Don't use it unless you like sitting back at distance. If it's a burn card amped hemlock then just go crazy cuz it owns everything.

Guess I need to back off from a distance with cloak. Pretty much my encounter with enemy pilots are mid to close range.

EDIT: Got a good laugh when my team loss, the LOSER hunt all the WINNING pilots instead and well all of them is dead lol.

Trying to drop my titan on things for the Gen 8 challenge is an exercise in frustration.

All the Grunts and Spectres seem to have a sixth sense ones coming in and move slightly out of the way at the last second, even with warpfall :)

TrueGrime

Trying to drop my titan on things for the Gen 8 challenge is an exercise in frustration.

All the Grunts and Spectres seem to have a sixth sense ones coming in and move slightly out of the way at the last second, even with warpfall :)

Try getting them to put their attention on you by having them shoot at you while you're dropping on them.

Guess I need to back off from a distance with cloak. Pretty much my encounter with enemy pilots are mid to close range.

EDIT: Got a good laugh when my team loss, the LOSER hunt all the WINNING pilots instead and well all of them is dead lol.

Hemlock is great mid range if you can land head shots consistently. It should kill in one burst with a headshot.

Obscured

Great gaming tonight Titanbreh's. 4 straight hours for me. Fuck that one loss though.

I EXPECT BETTER OF YOU BREHS.

:)

That is the first time I've seen that many gen 10s on both sides, though it was their gen 9 that wrecked us with that Stryder. That was by far my worst game and I need to learn that map better.

Overall though that was a lot more fun to finally play with you guys. It is going to be tough to not lone wolf going forward. Also looks like we are getting enough where we can have multiple lobbies going.

MaGlock

I love the resurgence this games had in the past few weeks. I should be on tomorrow and Thursday night then sat and sun afternoon. I must get to gen 10 before destiny beta. So close to the top of the mountain!

Obscured

I finally came up with a good plan for this challenge near the end. I'd play hardpoint because then you have less pilots running around harassing you when trying to get it and you can actually help out your team. I would capture a point then find an area where pods dropped once my titan was ready. As soon as the grunts or spectres come out I would run in the middle of them look straight down, drop my titan and then run in a circle around them. This kept them shooting at me so they wouldn't roll once my titan dropped and also made it so my titan dropped exactly where I wanted it to. That was the only way I could control it precise enough. You can usually get 3x on each drop and sometimes 4x. If you don't run around them though they will sometimes kill you with gunfire and spectres will melee you.

Hemlock is great mid range if you can land head shots consistently. It should kill in one burst with a headshot.

I really like how the Hemlock fires, just not fighting against another pilot with it as almost any other gun takes you out. Unless you are getting headshots you just can't take someone down (thought when you do take them out in a close-up firefight you feel like a badass). I feel like if the hip fire was more accurate it would be a more worthwhile gun.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I played for another 90 minutes or so last night, and I'm starting to like Titan combat more. I've always been kind of a hater when it comes to mechs in games -- they usually feel kinda slow and cumbersome. I still vastly prefer the finesse and nuance of playing as a pilot, but I'm warming up to the Titan stuff. One helpful lesson I learned last night: once I get in the Titan, I don't have to stay in it, lol. I can hop in and out a half dozen times if I need to. I was thinking of it as some type of objective to hold kind of -- once I got it I didn't want to let go. So yeah, that little mental shift has been helpful.

garath

Hmm.. looks like Titanfall on sale on Origin again. $40 for the standard edition. $10 more than the free weekend :( EA is so mean. I want to buy it but that extra $10 is really annoying.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Hmm.. looks like Titanfall on sale on Origin again. $40 for the standard edition. $10 more than the free weekend :( EA is so mean. I want to buy it but that extra $10 is really annoying.

Yeah EA screwed the pooch with their timing of the free weekend and 50% sale. But EA gonna EA.

New map looks good. Can't believe that Gen 9 is almost done, though I still have a little over 25 MVPs to go.

Sadly, Gen 10 will likely have to wait until after the Destiny Beta. Barely spent time with the Alpha and felt like I missed out on a lot.

Edit: That is except for running with GAF for some evenings.

Top Bottom