• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

TrueGrime

Don't forget who was the first one to organize us. Don't forget!

giphy.gif

KingV

Brehs, good finally playing with you guys.

Apologize for all around crappy play tonight. I was working on my shitgun regen requirements. I'm now an official gen 3 however and can resume using guns that aren't terrible.

Until I have to use the plasma rail gun, which probably isn't awful, but I don't know how to use :-D

Roflobear

Apologize for all around crappy play tonight. I was working on my shitgun regen requirements. I'm now an official gen 3 however and can resume using guns that aren't terrible.

Until I have to use the plasma rail gun, which probably isn't awful, but I don't know how to use :-D

Nah it is pretty awful lol. Treat it like a sniper though and don't try to get up close to other titans

TrueGrime

Shit is fucking horrible. It will not be a pleasant gen.

KingV

Shit is fucking horrible. It will not be a pleasant gen.

I was hating the shotgun pretty badly. I think I will just have to force myself to use the rail gun as soon as I unlock it until I finish out the gen. Sometimes I feel like I should just stop at 50, but I can't help it. Regen is what makes it fun for me.

On a side note, is there a consensus on where the brehs are going to play Destiny? Is it PS4 or Xbox one?

I am trying to decide which to get it on. I know PS4 has some extra content, but I secretly prefer my Xbox One for some reason...

TrueGrime

I was hating the shotgun pretty badly. I think I will just have to force myself to use the rail gun as soon as I unlock it until I finish out the gen. Sometimes I feel like I should just stop at 50, but I can't help it. Regen is what makes it fun for me.

On a side note, is there a consensus on where the brehs are going to play Destiny? Is it PS4 or Xbox one?

I am trying to decide which to get it on. I know PS4 has some extra content, but I secretly prefer my Xbox One for some reason...

I think most of us, like myself, will be getting it on Xbox One. Don't quote me on that however. Xbox folks haven't had a chance to have at the beta yet. It will probably make or break people's decision to get it for either or system. Worst case we make a file like Sauce did so we all know who has it for the X1.

Alx

I never found any of the weapons "horrible" as far as efficiency goes, some are easier to use than others but in the end I never got stuck on weapon-based regen conditions (the only ones I disliked were the grenade launchers, but only because I didn't like the weak lobbing effect compared to straight shooting). I thought I'd never like the railgun or sniper rifles, but once you're "forced" to use them you learn to appreciate them.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I got pretty much wrecked playing on PC tonight, should have hopped on for some TitanGAF on Xbox One. I'm trying to complete all the challenges in the game... right now the "This is my weapon" series is really pissing me off. Ok, I got my 25 pilot kills, and all the AI kills... why do I have to use this gun for another two hours again? I've been hitting Variety Pack pretty hard, but I think the smart person's way of knocking out these challenges is Last Titan Standing, I'm assuming time in titan counts for pilot weapons, I should test that to be sure just so I don't get too excited.

tauke

7 more Hemlock kills to go. Been using new players to farm for the challenge. :(

Can't wait to go back to Smart Pistol for the MVP challenge.

Half of the challenges for each gen force you to play worse then you should because of a bad weapon or people doing nothing but going for rodeo kills instead of protecting the flag, it's so bullshit.

I hope respawn learns that these kind of things ruin the game and change it for the next title.

I never found any of the weapons "horrible" as far as efficiency goes, some are easier to use than others but in the end I never got stuck on weapon-based regen conditions (the only ones I disliked were the grenade launchers, but only because I didn't like the weak lobbing effect compared to straight shooting). I thought I'd never like the railgun or sniper rifles, but once you're "forced" to use them you learn to appreciate them.

Agreed, you have to adapt your gameplay to suit the guns. At first I absolutely loathed the shotgun, DMR, anti-titan machine gun (forget the name), and G24 rifle but after a few games you get some upgrades and get used to playing with them and I have come to appreciate each weapon. In fact G24 is my main now and the anti-titan weapon is my LTS main.

Same for titan weapons... I hated the quad rocket, plasma gun, rail gun, and grenade launcher at first but found them all very effective in the end and was glad I was forced to use them.

The only gun I just never figured out was the mag launcher that gun does not do enough damage and has way to small of a clip size

p3tran

Banned
Half of the challenges for each gen force you to play worse then you should because of a bad weapon or people doing nothing but going for rodeo kills instead of protecting the flag, it's so bullshit.

I hope respawn learns that these kind of things ruin the game and change it for the next title.

haha it depends, it can work both ways. when I was playing with my greek team and 6 of us where hunting for ejecting pilots, I think we played an infinite amount of matches totally demolishing the opponents. not just winning.
it was like a clan of rabid dogs all out for blood :D

more recently, it happened again when four of us where hunting gen 8 (100 victories) and then gen 9 -even worse because for four people to win 50 mvp's each, you need 200 games with perfect mvp distribution which is not possible :D
so imagine what happened :D total massacre I tell you

plus, after you will finish your generation tour, you will see that you have been trained better with various parts of the game that you could ever be if not put through those tests.

that being said, I really have no love for the "smart" pistol and my least enjoyable time with the game was when I was first forced to play with it to proceed. I did learn to use it efficiently though, a thing which I'd never do on my own :)
and more importantly, even though I dont like it or use it, I learned the inside and outs of it so players sporting it as their main weapon, I know how to handle them good.

one other thing, when we wanted to focus on generation requirements we usually played attrition as far as I can remember. makes more sense that ctf :)

Nori Chan

Fuck that, I actually like the challenges rather than get xp quick and prove i have the biggest e dick cause I'm max level

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Fuck that, I actually like the challenges rather than get xp quick and prove i have the biggest e dick cause I'm max level

I think I posted something like this before but the current regeneration challenges are tedious and cause people to be a hindrance to their team.

Keep the idea of regen challenges but make them more focused on tasks that would benefit the team such as 'Kill over 30 Minions in X amount of matches', 'Win X Matches in a row' etc.
This way the player attempting to do the regen challenges will be focused on doing well and winning the matches instead of doing badly trying to get a weapon challenge completed.

m23

I think I posted something like this before but the current regeneration challenges are tedious and cause people to be a hindrance to their team.

Keep the idea of regen challenges but make them more focused on tasks that would benefit the team such as 'Kill over 30 Minions in X amount of matches', 'Win X Matches in a row' etc.
This way the player attempting to do the regen challenges will be focused on doing well and winning the matches instead of doing badly trying to get a weapon challenge completed.

So damn true. I find myself trying to complete challenges where I know I won't be playing as well as I could. I usually do the challenges while playing solo and not with a party though.

tauke

Alot of disrespect going on in this thread lol. And alot.of disrespect to the hemlock that I do not approve of!

I don't respect the Hemlock. :(

Joke asides, done with the Hemlock challenge and... Kraber challenge demotivate me real bad.

Will stay at Gen 9 from now on.

Mr Croft

I don't respect the Hemlock. :(

Joke asides, done with the Hemlock challenge and... Kraber challenge demotivate me real bad.

Will stay at Gen 9 from now on.

I love the hemlock just because it isnt as good as the carbine.
anyway once you get the 4.5x scope for the kraber sniping will be much easier.

IHaveIce

Banned
G8 is fucking terrible.

Getting wins with randoms is sucha chore, got like 4 games in a row where we lost and I still ended up with over 100 attrition points

Also dropping a titan on something is super annoying.

Gotta take a while, the first gen where I won't have finished all the challenges before reaching level 50

Mr Croft

I hated CTF at first but after playing with the brehs I love it now. Mostly because all of us know how to play and win.
that is true... We do win a lot. I think it is because I die alot in ctf playing defense. I lost my 3.4 k/d :(

G8 is fucking terrible.

Getting wins with randoms is sucha chore, got like 4 games in a row where we lost and I still ended up with over 100 attrition points

Also dropping a titan on something is super annoying.

Gotta take a while, the first gen where I won't have finished all the challenges before reaching level 50

worst Gen

Chucker

I am so damn good at running the flag, I love that shit. I'll have to remember running man quotes for the next time I do it.

Omega

Banned

i'd rather go back to gen 2.

fuck gen 3. plasma gun is fucking useless. Instant shot does no damage while only having 4 bullets, or you can charge it but move slow as shit.

unless there's a way to charge it without being a stationary target, if there is please let me know because fuck that gun

Nori Chan

fuck gen 3. plasma gun is fucking useless. Instant shot does no damage while only having 4 bullets, or you can charge it but move slow as shit.

unless there's a way to charge it without being a stationary target, if there is please let me know because fuck that gun
use a strider

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

You can move and charge, not sure why you'd want to stay put. Like Nori said use the Stryder and dash-strafe while charging. Also recommend using dash quickcharger, because you'll be dashing a lot. Some people like particle wall for this but I was dashing left and right so much it was useless.

Or you can just back away from the battles and steal you friends' kills from a distance with it :)

Omega

Banned
use a strider

i suck with the strider :(

You can move and charge, not sure why you'd want to stay put. Like Nori said use the Stryder and dash-strafe while charging. Also recommend using dash quickcharger, because you'll be dashing a lot. Some people like particle wall for this but I was dashing left and right so much it was useless.

Or you can just back away from the battles and steal you friends' kills from a distance with it :)

yeah you can move but it's slow. maybe im just using it wrong. idk

I just wanna go back to the 40MM or chain gun, and triple threat for LTS.

i'd be down for some games tonight if you guys have a spot

turcy

Hmm.. looks like Titanfall on sale on Origin again. $40 for the standard edition. $10 more than the free weekend :( EA is so mean. I want to buy it but that extra $10 is really annoying.

just buy it.

you're going to feel dumb for niggling over $10.00 once you see how fun it is ;p

Top Bottom