• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

iso135

I haven't played with any of you, yet. But, I just reached Gen 2 and feel like I have an ok handle on the game to not totally embarrass myself.

So, any time after 3PM eastern tomorrow I would group up if anyone is playing.

Montresor

I think I found an annoying bug with Titanfall:

Here are circumstances:

I'm at my brother's condo. We are playing on my brother's Xbox One. My own Xbox One is back at my apartment.

My gamertag owns:

Titanfall digital license
Titanfall season pass

My "Home Xbox" is officially the console at my apartment. The console at my brother's condo is not officially designated as my "Home Xbox".

My brother owns:

Titanfall disc
He does not own the Titanfall digital license
He does not own the Titanfall season pass

His "Home Xbox" is the console at his own condo.

What is installed on my brother's Xbox One?:

Titanfall is installed, originally via disc installation
Titanfall season pass is installed, downloaded via my gamertag

What happens?:

If I try to play Titanfall on my brother's Xbox (with or without a disc), I can play without issues. This makes sense, since I own the digital license and the season pass.

If my brother tries to play Titanfall on his own Xbox (with the disc), he cannot play. He is stuck at the "Signing in" screen.

How to resolve:

Delete season pass content, or
Set my "Home Xbox" as my brother's Xbox, or
Sign in with my gamertag

Why this is happening:

Looks like Titanfall does not know how to handle a player that does not have a Season Pass license if Season Pass content is installed. Does anyone else agree that Titanfall should be able to simply sign him in, lock him out of season pas content, and let him play normally? None of the resolutions shown above are really convenient... Deleting season pass content is inconvenient for obvious reasons (I don't want to have to redownload it whenever I visit my brother). Making his console as my "Home Xbox" is not a solution, because what if I'm back at my apartment? I'm going to want my own Xbox to become the "Home Xbox" again. My brother then wouldn't be able to play Titanfall without deleting my Season Pass, which like I said, would be inconvenient (we would be forced to download it again). Signing in with my own gamertag is obviously not practical (what if I am playing at my own apartment, we're going to have two instances of my tag logged in? and signing in with my tag, while I'm already signed in elsewhere, could be considered a bannable instance of game sharing).

I'm trying to go for the win 50 CTF games achievement but it seems impossible with some of the games it drops me into. I actually love the game mode, running the flag is tons of fun but it seems like most random people just have no idea that there is a flag to capture or defend and treat it like attrition. Seriously I capture the flag last night, jumped on a friendly titan and he begins to engage in a titan battle away from the return spot. I must have played in 20 games last night and won maybe 5.

Also my favorite level for CTF is swamp land.. Does it not show up on the regular CTF Playlist?

Anyways if anyone wants to play some CTF add me: Taco wallace12

Im usually on 3-4 nights a week playing for a few hours after 8pm mountain time

m23

I'm trying to go for the win 50 CTF games achievement but it seems impossible with some of the games it drops me into. I actually love the game mode, running the flag is tons of fun but it seems like most random people just have no idea that there is a flag to capture or defend and treat it like attrition. Seriously I capture the flag last night, jumped on a friendly titan and he begins to engage in a titan battle away from the return spot. I must have played in 20 games last night and won maybe 5.

Also my favorite level for CTF is swamp land.. Does it not show up on the regular CTF Playlist?

Welcome to online multiplayer with randoms.

TrueGrime

X1 or PC?

Welcome to online multiplayer with randoms.

i have no problems winning CTF matches with randoms.

You just have to really dominate though. And if you're pretty good, definitely defend first. Or even most of the time and hope some person does decide to run the flag.

Omega

Banned
Any bros still up for Titanbroing? The night is a puppy.

my bad about last night. power went out so i just said fuck it and didnt bother to get back on

i hate how xbox doesn't even give you notifcations that you've been followed. i thought you were just some random i was carrying that decided to add me until I checked the spreadsheet

Titans at the beginning of CTF (when the other team doesn't drop a titan) is usually a quick game ender.

Yeah but you need 2 people on the same page for that.. I tried this strategy multiple times... People just seemed oblivious to the fact that I had a titan at the beginning of the match

TrueGrime

You're more than welcome to join the ranks of the Titanbrehs when we have room.

Yeah but you need 2 people on the same page for that.. I tried this strategy multiple times... People just seemed oblivious to the fact that I had a titan at the beginning of the match

I don't ever presume to hope to win a match alone on CTF unless I have a couple of high gens on the team and even if I do, there's a 50-50 chance it's not going to go well. If the other team is in a party it's curtains.

I hit one out of every 18 punches... Roughly.

I wish I recorded you missing 3 of those 18 last night and me picking up your slack. :)

Titans at the beginning of CTF (when the other team doesn't drop a titan) is usually a quick game ender.
I don't agree with this. A Titan drop at the beginning of any game is powerful and useful, but in CTF the Titan can't do much on it's own. It can get you quick map control, but that's really only if the other team isn't all that good.

TrueGrime

I don't agree with this. A Titan drop at the beginning of any game is powerful and useful, but in CTF the Titan can't do much on it's own. It can get you quick map control, but that's really only if the other team isn't all that good.

You sure you play CTF in a party? If you or the other team drops a titan and there's no one to counter you can ride a friend's titan to the flag, grab it, ride it all the way back, capture and repeat two more times to win the round. If you don't feel like capping anymore flags when you're up by the second round you just play defense. God forbid if someone uses a stryder for flag caps.

You sure you play CTF in a party? If you or the other team drops a titan and there's no one to counter you can ride a friend's titan to the flag, grab it, ride it all the way back, capture and repeat two more times to win the round. If you don't feel like capping anymore flags when you're up by the second round you just play defense. God forbid if someone uses a stryder for flag caps.
I do play in a party often so that might skew my opinion, but so long as you can stay away from the enemy Titan and just cover your flag you can counter an early Titan drop pretty easily. Easily might not be the best word actually, but it's certainly not impossible to counter. Just make sure the guy can't touch your flag in the first place. Then you don't have to worry about him hopping on a Titan and riding off into the sunset. Like I said though, if you're matched up with BKs then good luck regardless of what happens.

Omega

Banned
I added a bunch of people to my friend list from the titanbro speadsheet. mainly the active posters that I recognized.

CTF is next to impossible without capable team mates. That and LTS are the only modes i won't go near unless i'm playing with others.

think that goes for any objective. I just had a 3200 Assault and 1100 Defense score on a hardpoint. we won by 2 points..

i don't understand why people feel the need to play ring around the rosie. cap two flags. sit the fuck back and play defense..

just because the dude in the top right of the screen says "we have b and c, now we need alpha" doesn't actually mean we need alpha..

#fuckrandoms

CTF is next to impossible without capable team mates. That and LTS are the only modes i won't go near unless i'm playing with others.
CTF is obviously better with a few friends, but LTS is very doable alone. I play it all the time by myself. You just have to play smart. Any game is gonna be tough to win if you get matched up with BKs, but LTS is one of those modes where one good player can have a lot of influence.

KingV

my bad about last night. power went out so i just said fuck it and didnt bother to get back on

i hate how xbox doesn't even give you notifcations that you've been followed. i thought you were just some random i was carrying that decided to add me until I checked the spreadsheet

No worries man. I really wish xbone would add some more community features, like some kind of group identity or something that was pretty obvious. It looks to me like they got rid of the mini profile stuff in xbone that used to be on 360, where you could put something about neogaf or whatever.

The hash tag matchmaking thing respawn has been talking about is a really good idea for this reason. Xbox live should still it and integrate it into Xbox live

KingV

I think I found an annoying bug with Titanfall:

Here are circumstances:

I'm at my brother's condo. We are playing on my brother's Xbox One. My own Xbox One is back at my apartment.

My gamertag owns:

Titanfall digital license
Titanfall season pass

My "Home Xbox" is officially the console at my apartment. The console at my brother's condo is not officially designated as my "Home Xbox".

My brother owns:

Titanfall disc
He does not own the Titanfall digital license
He does not own the Titanfall season pass

His "Home Xbox" is the console at his own condo.

What is installed on my brother's Xbox One?:

Titanfall is installed, originally via disc installation
Titanfall season pass is installed, downloaded via my gamertag

What happens?:

If I try to play Titanfall on my brother's Xbox (with or without a disc), I can play without issues. This makes sense, since I own the digital license and the season pass.

If my brother tries to play Titanfall on his own Xbox (with the disc), he cannot play. He is stuck at the "Signing in" screen.

How to resolve:

Delete season pass content, or
Set my "Home Xbox" as my brother's Xbox, or
Sign in with my gamertag

Why this is happening:

Looks like Titanfall does not know how to handle a player that does not have a Season Pass license if Season Pass content is installed. Does anyone else agree that Titanfall should be able to simply sign him in, lock him out of season pas content, and let him play normally? None of the resolutions shown above are really convenient... Deleting season pass content is inconvenient for obvious reasons (I don't want to have to redownload it whenever I visit my brother). Making his console as my "Home Xbox" is not a solution, because what if I'm back at my apartment? I'm going to want my own Xbox to become the "Home Xbox" again. My brother then wouldn't be able to play Titanfall without deleting my Season Pass, which like I said, would be inconvenient (we would be forced to download it again). Signing in with my own gamertag is obviously not practical (what if I am playing at my own apartment, we're going to have two instances of my tag logged in? and signing in with my tag, while I'm already signed in elsewhere, could be considered a bannable instance of game sharing).

FYI, the home Xbox thing will actually work for you. What you can do is set your bros Xbox as your home Xbox and he sets your Xbox as his home Xbox and then use YOUR gamertag and he uses his gamer tag.You will both be able to access both of your digital content at the same time!

The home XBOX can always access all content from any account, and you can access all of the content associated with your gamer tag from any Xbox.

I love CTF on smaller maos specifically because you can counter Titan riding flag carriers by just hauling ass toward their base. On a map like Fracture if the enemy gets the flag and gets on a Titan, unless you're near their base you might as well not even bother. Main reason why I love every one of the DLC maps.

Allforce

I just got this and have been having fun, doing alright so far for being a noob, add me up if you're looking for teammates or someone to play with, I can hold my own and don't play like a twit.

Gamertag: Allforce

Delt31

if you're having controller issues whereby the controller seems to be moving on it's own. I am using DS4 windows (or the popular PS4 to PC drivers) and no issues any other game but titanfall the controller will move by itself or be delayed. I have drift control on high and when I play with my xbox controller it's fine....

anyone have success with it and if so what are you using? I'm playing wireless btw

Omega

Banned
GGs.

i forgot what it felt like to play with more than one competent person..half the time i was just killing grunts and we still won with ease..

Obscured

Yay for mountain time! Though I'm usually on later.

This drives me crazy as well. Also when you send a friend request you have no idea if someone also added you and there is no way to add a message unless you send another separate message. You also don't have the option of having a description or bio anymore on your profile. On one hand it is cool you can follow, but they need to add more options.

I was hoping to jump on tonight (and it is hard with the destiny beta), but then I made some manhattans and got super drunk, so hopefully tomorrow.

tauke

Triple Threat is my new fave Titan weapon as more players this day knows how to hide quickly with cloak and run into buildings.

So *pop* *pop* *pop* (with extended mag) *pop* into likely places like rooftop, tunnels, buildings interior with at least 30% chance of damaging or killing them hehe.

Triple Threat is my new fave Titan weapon as more players this day knows how to hide quickly with cloak and run into buildings.

So *pop* *pop* *pop* (with extended mag) *pop* into likely places like rooftop, tunnels, buildings interior with at least 30% chance of damaging or killing them hehe.

I quickly learned the joys of the Triple Threat as I've worked on my G6 challenges over the weekend. So awesome. I also like when a group of enemy Titans are clustered together in a place where I can just lob Triple Threat grenades over a wall at them.

Working on Brain Surgeon now, not too bad. Been getting about 5 per game, can't want to hit G7!

tauke

jGPj8GN.png

Best performance ever for me. Triple Threat is insane in sweeping the map clean.

And 300+ ping still don't deter me from playing Titanfall lol.

Jito

Banned
jGPj8GN.png

Best performance ever for me. Triple Threat is insane in sweeping the map clean.

And 300+ ping still don't deter me from playing Titanfall lol.

That was a great score, so many triple threat users today!

It's sunday afternoon in the UK and I am finding zero matches in titanfall, then the game just times me out and kicks me to the title.

Just played a few games with tauke on PC (EU West), no issues finding games but loads of random lag every match.

Top Bottom