• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Gen 6, woo.

The challenges don't seem too bad, rodeo kills come naturally with the way I play so i'll try not to force myself and end up playing bad because of it.

Crucio

So, I officially need a new Xbox One controller.
Its getting hard just to start sprinting in Titanfall, my left analog stick seems to be dead.

Though I do believe Tomb Raider was the culprit, having played both that and Ryse to completion and Titanfall up to Gen 8 do you guys think the controller broke through natural wear and tear or does it seem too soon for this to happen?

Its getting hard just to start sprinting in Titanfall, my left analog stick seems to be dead.

Though I do believe Tomb Raider was the culprit, having played both that and Ryse to completion and Titanfall up to Gen 8 do you guys think the controller broke through natural wear and tear or does it seem too soon for this to happen?

This happened to a freind of mine... It's a somewhat common problem if you play games that frequently require pressing the joystick in... Contact Microsoft and they may be able to exchange controllers for you.

tauke

6gPwJ3W.jpg

Never died once in this match and being at Gen 10 just free yourself from the constrain of challenges.

Still playing on PC if anyone else is.

What's your Origin ID? My Origin ID: taukeke

Omega

Banned
lmao. there really is no other explanation other than he knew he was fucked so he decided to let you have a funny game clip.

Omega

Banned
My guess was that he thought he was protected by the dome shield. I mean.. he could have just got in his titan!

thats what i thought at first too. but even if he was protected by the dome shield, it would eventually disappear

then i thought maybe that wasn't his titan..who knows. thats just something you can make sense of lol

btw any Titanbros getting Evolve?

Thanks for the titan drops advice a while a go.

If anyone else has to do that gen 8 challenge may i also suggest rodeoing auto titans, jumping off when they stop putting your titan down and getting back on. As they stay still they are easy prey.

9 more wins for gen 9.

last titan standing started 3 v 3, now it's currently 6 v 4, matchmaking hates me.

*edit* wow I think that was 6 matches in a row where I lost due to team mates shooting titans with smg's on foot or running into oncoming fire only to die instantly, fuck.

KingV

1) Try to get a new one through Xbox support
2) Turn on always sprint. Pushing a button to sprint is for peasants.

KingV

thats what i thought at first too. but even if he was protected by the dome shield, it would eventually disappear

then i thought maybe that wasn't his titan..who knows. thats just something you can make sense of lol

btw any Titanbros getting Evolve?

I am tentatively planning to, but may try to stretch it into an Xmas present.

Argonomic

Enable Always Sprint. That's how I play.

Gen 5 here. I hate the Arc Cannon. That is all...

Have you tried using the mod which only fires at full charge? it's a ton better as you can pump the trigger to keep it full but not fire until needed and do good damage, it's an amazing bot AI killer if you like to do that.

Crucio

Enable Always Sprint. That's how I play.

Well, you converted me, mainly because I bought a new controller and I'm now too afraid to keep clicking to sprint for fear of breaking it again.

Gen 5 here. I hate the Arc Cannon. That is all...
Gen 5 was my least favorite next to current Gen 8.
I can't imagine having to do the ejecting kills 50 times like the pre update 1 days.

Nice, just got an amped 40mm Titan card. LOL I love the text on it. "The 40mm auto fire project is economically unfeasible for mass production" or something. Awesome.

Is there a link to requirements to earn Titan cards? Seems tough as hell to earn some of them since I am Gen 10 and completed a bunch of the challenges already. I want more amped arc canon cards.

kewlmyc

Have you tried using the mod which only fires at full charge? it's a ton better as you can pump the trigger to keep it full but not fire until needed and do good damage, it's an amazing bot AI killer if you like to do that.

Gen 5 was my least favorite next to current Gen 8.
I can't imagine having to do the ejecting kills 50 times like the pre update 1 days.
Thanks for the tips.

Navy Bean

The Charge Rifle can kiss my ass. I'm stuck on Reg 4 and I swear I've hit that damn red spot 200 times and it doesn't register. Any tips???

tauke

I wish Respawn will remove the Gen chip next to your name in the next update.

Just balance players by the levels should be much better IMHO. Hate to see other players who just bailed out before a match start because the autobalance... somehow balances one stack of Gen 8-10 with no Gen to Gen 3 players.

And also the SEA server still have the LONG loading bug once in a while. Either I'm a minute late into the match or lobby but nothing beats the dreaded "Connecting..." message that I can't escape to the main menu to choose different server (which I need to end process in Task Manager).

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
The biggest problem with the autobalance is that it just doesn't understand that it can't put an uneven amount of noobs on a single team. I'll define noob as anyone who hasn't reached level 50 in the first gen yet. If there are two in a lobby, for the love of god, split them up and let them counter each other's ineffectiveness. I get the feeling that sometimes a noob lucks into a good skill rating by riding a good team for a few rounds. The game should just ignore any skill ranking for noobs until level 50. Otherwise they will outright ruin any round of CTF, Pilot Hunter, Hardpoint, Marked for Death, or Last Titan Standing. You can sometimes salvage Attrition by going Smart Pistol try-hard mode.

tauke

The biggest problem with the autobalance is that it just doesn't understand that it can't put an uneven amount of noobs on a single team. I'll define noob as anyone who hasn't reached level 50 in the first gen yet. If there are two in a lobby, for the love of god, split them up and let them counter each other's ineffectiveness. I get the feeling that sometimes a noob lucks into a good skill rating by riding a good team for a few rounds. The game should just ignore any skill ranking for noobs until level 50. Otherwise they will outright ruin any round of CTF, Pilot Hunter, Hardpoint, Marked for Death, or Last Titan Standing. You can sometimes salvage Attrition by going Smart Pistol try-hard mode.

I still see the autobalance as a way to stop your winning streak lol. Many times I'm paired with the noobs and yeah they sure try to play COD style.

Although it is nice if there is an indicator in the next update to show who's in a party for the opponent side. Last night I encountered a group who well call in 5 Titans with Burn Card in Marked for Death and it turn out disastrous for my team.

I wish Respawn will remove the Gen chip next to your name in the next update.

Just balance players by the levels should be much better IMHO. Hate to see other players who just bailed out before a match start because the autobalance... somehow balances one stack of Gen 8-10 with no Gen to Gen 3 players.

And also the SEA server still have the LONG loading bug once in a while. Either I'm a minute late into the match or lobby but nothing beats the dreaded "Connecting..." message that I can't escape to the main menu to choose different server (which I need to end process in Task Manager).

Whatever formula they are using for the matchmaking is downright retarded. I think it's based on true skill right? The problem with true skill is that after about 50 games it ranks you.

50 games is not nearly enough to tell how good you actually are. So, a no gen player could have played 50 games and have done fairly well and so will be put on a team with potentially other no gen players vs a bunch of higher gen players that played tons of games but maybe not always won.

It's stupid. It shouldn't rank a player at all until that player has played way more games or possibly regened a few times.

It should also take into account the fact that gen 10s don't need to unlock anything anymore and so can play freely. seriously, why is this so hard for them to understand?

TrueGrime

Omega

Banned
smh. i knew it was bad but unfortunately i've never had a stupid situation like that.

did anyone save the clip of 5 dudes meleeing the fuck out of that titan on LTS?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I still see the autobalance as a way to stop your winning streak lol. Many times I'm paired with the noobs and yeah they sure try to play COD style.

Although it is nice if there is an indicator in the next update to show who's in a party for the opponent side. Last night I encountered a group who well call in 5 Titans with Burn Card in Marked for Death and it turn out disastrous for my team.
I would really like that kind of an indicator. And not just who's in a party, but color code all the parties, so you'd see two groups of three instead of one group of six if they are in two parties.

Seriously Respawn. Fix this shit. This is nothing but fucking bullshit.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...jjam&vid=8731a758-46ac-4b5c-9ff3-c1e04120cc40 - How does he miraculously kick me when I'm about 10 feet away from him?!

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...jjam&vid=0b6d4fa0-fb62-433e-8452-473d6959a7ee - End of the clip. When the melee kick is finally within a believable distance, how is it that I DIE FIRST when I obviously melee him first?????? So damn infuriating.

There's nothing to fix. In the second clip you obviously meleed him first... on your screen. I guarantee you he meleed you first on his screen, and in the eyes of the server he meleed you first. The animation is late on your end because, well, internet. But, the worse your ping is, the more likely it is to happen to you.

To improve the situation you could make sure nobody is using your internet connection, and always connect to your most local data center, eschewing parties containing members from other regions. To eliminate the situation you could invent faster than light communications (assuming it's possible) and build an improved internet with lag that's measured in smaller increments than milliseconds... or you could play only games that run on LAN which also have netcode suited to the improved network environment.

Top Bottom