• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I suppose you had to preorder Destiny to get a beta code right? I gave away my alpha code on PS4, game didn't appeal to me enough to preorder.

TrueGrime

Just got back earlier from Gamestop and picked up the Stereo Headset Adapter along with an Xbox 360 Talkback Cable. Working pretty great. Now I just need to find a good balance between chat and game volume.

still accepting donations, just cause :p

Haha. Nice man. About time. Downloading now and should be on shortly.

Mr Croft

Sorry about that was still at the gym. I'm home now and I don't see any brehs on destiny :( grim is over here playing tomb raider lol!

TrueGrime

Titanfall Collector's Edition | Xbox One | Unboxing Video (Romanian) | http://youtu.be/8NmWvjtFM7A

You lucky son of a bitch! Nice!

Edit: It's also good to see that I am not the only one that got the Aliens: CM collectors edition. :)

I just had it at 90% then it got corrupted. At 5% now

Damn dude. Don't tell us things like that. I'm on 66% right now.

so we destinybros tonight?

Waiting man. I don't think I've experienced a download wait this long. Ever.

Omega

Banned
so there were still issues? Me and Red were trying to play, but it wouldn't let him use party chat unless he had it snapped. So then while he's trying to figure that out, I can't do anything because it's trying to "stabilize a connection"

beta is a mess.

TrueGrime

I think people were having a shitstorm of problems at the beginning. Croft, Ji and I were playing smoothly early into the morning.

I hate talking about Destiny in a Titanfall thread but we've mostly become friends and it's hard to talk "stuff" elsewhere when we're all here.

Omega

Banned
I think people were having a shitstorm of problems at the beginning. Croft, Ji and I were playing smoothly early into the morning.

I hate talking about Destiny in a Titanfall thread but we've mostly become friends and it's hard to talk "stuff" elsewhere when we're all here.

yeah. better to talk about it here than have to deal with gaming side. otherwise we'd have people that don't play video games telling us we're idiots for playing it on a last gen system, and then that person would be quoted with 100 joel banderas gifs

Roflobear

For the first time in a while I'm finally free to play tonight. Will be down to party up if you fools in Destiny

yeah. better to talk about it here than have to deal with gaming side. otherwise we'd have people that don't play video games telling us we're idiots for playing it on a last gen system, and then that person would be quoted with 100 joel banderas gifs

Ooooh that burn

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

Special C

Wow, I tried to play Destiny with standard controls and it was NOT working. Apparently Titanfall has converted me to bumper jumper as the standard.

TrueGrime

Some FOOL was telling me the other day in the Titanbreh party that how can I not play with bumper jumper.

"YOU USE A TO JUMP? HOW DO YOU EVEN LOOK AROUND"

I don't know.. with the fucking thumbstick?? LOL.

Bumper humper is not the end all.

Omega

Banned
Some FOOL was telling me the other day in the Titanbreh party that how can I not play with bumper jumper.

"YOU USE A TO JUMP? HOW DO YOU EVEN LOOK AROUND"

I don't know.. with the fucking thumbstick?? LOL.

Bumper humper is not the end all.

Probably because he doesn't claw. Those people take there thumb off the stick to press the face buttons

I just prefer not to claw. I had to do with with SOCOM and Gears. I'm all for a control scheme that lets my controller be fully functional without having to play Twister with it.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Just a friendly reminder the stream for the new DLC is today in 2 hours, 12PM Pacific.

http://www.twitch.tv/titanfall?sf28893867=1

The stream starts in about 6 minutes from the time of this post.
They said they will be showing gameplay of the new maps as well as providing information about Game Update #5.
Hopefully that will include some news about the unannounced game-modes such as Big Brother.

Daemul

Trade in Burn cards for Currency?

rejoice.png

LOL! I see I'm not the only person who keeps hold of summon Titan burn cards. What I'm going to use them for, I don't know.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand, awesome, you get something back for your discarded burn cards. On the other hand, I have the majority of challenges completed on Gen 10, so I don't have that many more to earn through that. And then just in general the currency is going to lead to people playing more top end cards. I mean, I guess it's ok if I make more currency than crap players, but I'm not really looking forward to people dropping more fast Titans especially in CTF.

TrueGrime

I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand, awesome, you get something back for your discarded burn cards. On the other hand, I have the majority of challenges completed on Gen 10, so I don't have that many more to earn through that. And then just in general the currency is going to lead to people playing more top end cards. I mean, I guess it's ok if I make more currency than crap players, but I'm not really looking forward to people dropping more fast Titans especially in CTF.

I always wondered what happens when you're Gen10 and have completed all the challenges. Do you just not get burn cards?

Daemul

I always wondered what happens when you're Gen10 and have completed all the challenges. Do you just not get burn cards?

No, burn cards have a random chance of dropping whenever you kill a spectre, grunt, enemy player, titan, or enemy MVP. I stopped at Gen 5 and have pretty much finished all of the challenges and I still get 3-4 burn cards a game, sometimes more. Certain cards have less chancing of dropping obviously, like summon Titan cards, but you'll still get them from time to time. Someone I know suggested that the random burn card drop rate goes higher the higher Gen you are, but I would have to start regenerating again for me to confirm that.

Even with the increase in burn deck capacity, I still need to keep pruning my card collection since I rarely die, so this black market is a godsend.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
You get burn cards. I think there's cards for evacuating... for preventing evacuation. Surely other stuff. It pops up quite a bit without being challenge related.. I think. It'll be easier to tell once I finish all the challenges I guess :)

I'm farther along on PC than on Xbox:

Top Bottom