• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Daemul

Some more info on the Black Market, where you can buy Burn Card packs and Titan Emblems. Please note that it will use in-game currency, not real money(hopefully it stays that way).

http://titanfallblog.com/2014/07/23/new-titanfall-update-will-add-a-black-market-to-the-game-use-in-game-currency-to-buy-items/

How to earn credits

Ways to Earn CREDITS:

-Match Victory
-Match Completion
-First Victory of the Day
-Completing Daily Challenges
-Selling Burn Cards
-Discarding Burn Cards

Other details

-The Black Market is available at level 11 and once you’ve opened the Burn Card menu.
-The Black Market is still available after you regenerate, just like Burn Cards.
-If you are at level 50, you will earn a percentage of Credits for the XP you earn every match.

irbvwdMaYkZhd.png

Omega

Banned
they did Titanfall wrong with the fancy A's.

The left A is supposed to be the other way. The right A is the correct way

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The bit about earning credits based on XP at level 50 is a nice little addition. Now all that XP you get while doing gen challenges doesn't go to waste. I'm liking this more and more, I just need it in my life ASAP.

Daemul

they did Titanfall wrong with the fancy A's.

The left A is supposed to be the other way. The right A is the correct way

Yeah, someone has to edit it.

The bit about earning credits based on XP at level 50 is a nice little addition. Now all that XP you get while doing gen challenges doesn't go to waste. I'm liking this more and more, I just need it in my life ASAP.

So true, I'm looking forward to getting rid of all my useless burn cards. I'm going to be rolling in credits by the end of the first day.

Anyone else on 360 having connection issues since the latest update? I've been dropped from games 3-4 times in the past 3 days, which is more than the previous 3 months combined.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Is the framerate optimization only for PC or all platforms? We need patch notes. Respawn pls.

There's performance improvements for both PC and X1. On PC specifically, though, we've also got multi-GPU setups utilizing the second (or third, fourth, etc.) GPU much better along with the general optimizations that went in for both X1 and PC.

Not done yet, btw. This won't be our last set of improvements.

Daemul

Anyone else on 360 having connection issues since the latest update? I've been dropped from games 3-4 times in the past 3 days, which is more than the previous 3 months combined.

I used to have that problem before, but it was fixed for me with the previous patch(not this weeks patch, the one before it). I have no idea what causes it, but it was bad enough that I had to abandon my friends on the 360 version and stick to playing solo on the XBO because I couldn't go more than a couple of games without being disconnected.

Your situation doesn't sound as bad as mine was though, so it may be something else causing your connection problem.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
There's performance improvements for both PC and X1. On PC specifically, though, we've also got multi-GPU setups utilizing the second (or third, fourth, etc.) GPU much better along with the general optimizations that went in for both X1 and PC.

Good to know, thanks. Funny the SLI tweak comes a few days after I ditched mine and picked up a 780ti and 2560x1440 monitor. Not that I'm complaining though, playing games at 2560x1440 is very pleasing.

turcy

this is very, very, very good news.

framerate's always been a bit poor considering how beastly my machine is, but ever since update 4 i've been getting micro-freezes / stutters every 20 seconds or so [every third or fourth game sorta thing]

very frustrating to say the least, and nothing seems to fix it

What about resolution? Any chance they are going to take advantage of the new SDK update to improve that? Or did they just resort to justifiably improving the framerate?

Omega

Banned
opinions on Destiny?

Story seemed fun, I'll probably get the game for that. I definitely don't see me playing the multiplayer though, it's just not fun. Feels like Reach but worse. Hopefully people are still playing Titanfall by then, I need something to hold me until MC Collection

tauke

Ah finally there is a way to earn more burn cards for Gen 10 lvl 50 players!

Even though I can still keep 100 burn cards... I have nearly 20 Amped CAR cards lol. Also discarded a ton of Fast Learn, Spider Sense, Spectre Camo, Satellite Uplink etc etc since I don't use it (which I now regret since it can be used to earn Black Market credits).

Great to hear there will be frame rate optimization but pretty much I'm already critically conditioned with the current performance.

opinions on Destiny?

Story seemed fun, I'll probably get the game for that. I definitely don't see me playing the multiplayer though, it's just not fun. Feels like Reach but worse. Hopefully people are still playing Titanfall by then, I need something to hold me until MC Collection

Felt like CoD to me.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
opinions on Destiny?

It's alright, I'll probably buy it for co-op and campaign. I like the setting and atmosphere though.

KingV

opinions on Destiny?

Honestly, I was 10x more excited for this before the alpha/beta. The Co-op and story seems OK, but man that multiplayer just doesn't measure up to titanfall or even to old school Halo. It feels like your moving through molasses and none of the guns feel that great.

Even the story seems like a pale shadow of halo. Where are my big vehicle battles like halo?

I was really expecting to like this game but so far it's pretty disappointing.

I love the visuals though.

Omega

Banned
Yeah. It's weird because I went from no interest pre-alpha to a lot of interest after it. Now I'm back to just "meh"

Feels so sluggish. I have sensitivity at 10 and still feel like I'm covered in molasses

Destiny absolutely stinks in PVP. Played at a friends house, wow it was awful. Lets all move around like tanks! No thanks.

As for burn card trade ins..... i swear titan drop cards better be ridiculously pricey. I can't stand people dropping titans at the beginning of a match.

Daemul

As for burn card trade ins..... i swear titan drop cards better be ridiculously pricey. I can't stand people dropping titans at the beginning of a match.

The only time I ever used my Titan drop cards was in Campaign, when I needed to win a map to get the Achievement for winning every match whilst fighting for the IMC or Milita. I still have the rest of my Titan cards, no idea what I'm saving them for though.

TrueGrime

I bet you guys didn't hear the story of the legendary battle that the titanbrehs fought and lost. Basically it was an attrition match Where everyone on the opposing team used about three slots of atlas refurb cards.

I am not shitting you on this. We'd doom a titan and they would drop another one. One after the other. Constantly. We were getting creamed and nearly won the game even as they all burned through their titan cards. I think we lost by 6 points.

It was highly frustrating.

Jito

Banned
still don't understand why people play attrition. what's the fun in farming bots?

You get much more points for killing pilots and titans. If you're just farming bots the whole game you're doing it wrong I'm afraid.

Anyone got a recording of the stream from yesterday?

You get much more points for killing pilots and titans. If you're just farming bots the whole game you're doing it wrong I'm afraid.

yes, i know this but winning a close game because someone with close to no pilot kills or titan kills farmed a whole bunch of bots.....

silly. probably more silly than winning a match because your whole team used titan drop cards.

i play this game a lot. there's just some things i don't find fun to deal with.

Jito

Banned
Eh it hardly ever happens, can't say I often see players topping the scoreboard and winning matches from pure bot farming.

And if a player is racking up a ton of bot kills you can always stop them ;D

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
It's not that complicated, the 'bot farming' structures the game in a way where it doesn't become a campy joke, like COD deathmatches, or pilot hunter.

Daemul

Agreed, Marked for Death is bullshit without a competent team. I'm screaming in my mic for people to cover me with their Titans, but the fuckers are just focusing on killing grunts, spectres and shit, basically playing the mode like Attrition. It's rage inducing.

Omega

Banned

you get 4 points for pilot/titan kills. 1 for bots.

it's easier to do nothing but kill bots since they're always in groups of at least 3. they barely shoot back and they take like 2 bullets to die.

Izuna

Banned
you get 4 points for pilot/titan kills. 1 for bots.

it's easier to do nothing but kill bots since they're always in groups of at least 3. they barely shoot back and they take like 2 bullets to die.

As someone who almost exclusively plays Attrition, I have to disagree with you here. The average Minion points I get a game is 35-40. I rarely get less than 100 Attrition points overall so the bots only give me half. Any more than 40 then I usually get 120 points etc. Killings the minions gives you so much build time reduction that they add to the game's dynamic. You can usually tell where other people will be based on the minions, and they help you offset your attrition point ratio (dying and losing Titans vs. how much earned) per life.

We could have a game mode where minions give you 0 points, and the games would tend to have the same outcome, probably more lopsided though. Pilot Hunter on the other hand makes destroying Titans worthless, so no one wants to risk taking one down or killing 4 minions so Rodeo is a win or draw situaton. The game turns to shit once that happens.

Titanfall is really built around the inclusion of Attrition, where all of the mechanics come to play perfectly. CTF was hilariously bad before the patch, and now it is still okay, but there are some maps that just don't work.

I really want them to change the initial spawn for the Militia side on Smuggler's Cove.

Rrang129

Just wanted to chime in here and say I'm impressed with the updates that Titanfall has been getting! Can't wait for the patch next week!

Omega

Banned
idk, I just hate attrition.

Mainly because before I started playing with the Titanbros I would put up 100+ points off pilots, but lose to a team that killed like 200 bots in total while my team did nothing.

fuck that gametype.

TrueGrime

Yup. This is a team game no doubt. I could have a shitty team in CoD and carry them all on my shoulders. Going up against a competent team, if just one of your players is doing horribly bad then you're probably going to have problems. IMO, anything less than 30/40 points in attrition is unacceptable for a player than has gen'd.

There's a Titanfall CE sitting in the middle of my frequented Gamestop. Seriously considering purchasing it if the price is right for me to do it. Wish I could return just the game inside for whatever is at the same value there, but I know that they'll have me open it and treat it like a trade in.

On the note of the Black Market, it sounds like good stuff. Only concern is situations like what Grime and the others faced the other night becoming more common. Really surprised to see Update 5 coming so soon. Was thinking mid-August for that and the maps.

And wow at the shitting with the announcement thread. I'm a bit wary of the direction this can go just because that's been ingrained by experience, but damn.

Top Bottom