• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Jito

Banned
you get 4 points for pilot/titan kills. 1 for bots.

it's easier to do nothing but kill bots since they're always in groups of at least 3. they barely shoot back and they take like 2 bullets to die.

I'd rather have a challenge killing actual players and titans than farming bots all game, but you can do what you enjoy pal ;)

I haven't been playing that much over the past month, so this is a question related to an update that hit a couple months back.

But am I crazy, or did they make the bots tougher? I definitely find myself dying more often from them.

TrueGrime

Feels like March/April again.

The sick bastard in me wants to see an emblem for being killed by Grunts and Specters. Something cheeky titled 'Killed a Bit Inside' or similar.

Crazy pills man.

I have had my fair share of being killed by bots and specters. Might as well wear it proud, eh? =p

I haven't been playing that much over the past month, so this is a question related to an update that hit a couple months back.

But am I crazy, or did they make the bots tougher? I definitely find myself dying more often from them.

You know what I haven't tested? In private matches you can change the legality of the bots. I wonder what they would be like on the most lethal setting. I concur with you though. Especially in a titan ignoring specters. It seems that they will eat your health pretty quickly if you don't engage them.

It's possible. Didn't they allow private matches to have bot settings?

Most of mine were through concentrated fire from Conscription or getting kicked/meleed when clearing a window/ledge.

^Those damn bots should be outlawed :p I haven't tested it myself either, since its a bit pointless when working on gens and achievements. But I've noticed at places like Angel City near Point C that Spectres will just lay on to you with rocket fire. Not sure if they've always been like that though.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
And wow at the shitting with the announcement thread. I'm a bit wary of the direction this can go just because that's been ingrained by experience, but damn.

3Nv63.gif

Yup. This is a team game no doubt. I could have a shitty team in CoD and carry them all on my shoulders. Going up against a competent team, if just one of your players is doing horribly bad then you're probably going to have problems. IMO, anything less than 30/40 points in attrition is unacceptable for a player than has gen'd.
yes and no.

i continuously carry my teams. the second i let up the other team is scoring a flag capture. i've also played teams where only one or two people were keeping the whole thing together.

this game does give you the ability to individually dominate and i really appreciate that. I can't stand games like the recent halos where individual talent was curbed on a core level.

I bet you guys didn't hear the story of the legendary battle that the titanbrehs fought and lost. Basically it was an attrition match Where everyone on the opposing team used about three slots of atlas refurb cards.

I am not shitting you on this. We'd doom a titan and they would drop another one. One after the other. Constantly. We were getting creamed and nearly won the game even as they all burned through their titan cards. I think we lost by 6 points.

It was highly frustrating.

Huh. So I guess they were all partied up?

Holy crap this new update seems incredible. An awesome way to keep someone like me when is Gen 10 level 50 to keep playing thanks to in game currency. Now all the XP and useless cards won't be wasted.

Maps look awesome, too.

TrueGrime

yes and no.

i continuously carry my teams. the second i let up the other team is scoring a flag capture. i've also played teams where only one or two people were keeping the whole thing together.

this game does give you the ability to individually dominate and i really appreciate that. I can't stand games like the recent halos where individual talent was curbed on a core level.

I refuse to play Titanfall by myself now. Two or more people. There's no way I can go back to playing lone wolf because I will get frustrated if I'm carrying the load. If I wasn't playing with the Titanbrehs I would have probably hung this game up already.

I refuse to play Titanfall by myself now. Two or more people. There's no way I can go back to playing lone wolf because I will get frustrated if I'm carrying the load. If I wasn't playing with the Titanbrehs I would have probably hung this game up already.

Really? I can't stand waiting for people to get on to play, i'm mainly always lone wolf.

I still have a 70% win rate. It is frustrating as hell though, especially when someone picks up the flag and refuses to jump on your titan. that drives me nuts.

TrueGrime

Really? I can't stand waiting for people to get on to play, i'm mainly always lone wolf.

I still have a 70% win rate. It is frustrating as hell though, especially when someone picks up the flag and refuses to jump on your titan. that drives me nuts.

Well then, there's another person I can play with! My pet peeve is went a team throws down a titan at the beginning of CTF. 6 pilots can take down a titan before it becomes a threat in CTF but no one seems to want to chance killing it!

Omega

Banned
not really complaining about bots, more that I don't think Attrition is worth playing because of them. IMO they need to make it so pilot kills give more points. I'm sure if Titanbros wanted to, we could win an attrition without ever killing a pilot. Sure it would be boring, but it would be possible.

I like them in the other playlists, but fuck Attrition

not really complaining about bots, more that I don't think Attrition is worth playing because of them. IMO they need to make it so pilot kills give more points. I'm sure if Titanbros wanted to, we could win an attrition without ever killing a pilot. Sure it would be boring, but it would be possible.

it's all about CTF man.

TrueGrime

Come on Rex. We wreck through teams all the time but there's no way that you would win attrition just by farming bots. You wouldn't even get past 200 points. If that.

KingV

My experience with the brehs has made me think about some other features that I would really like to see in Xbox Live.

1) Groups within Xbox live related to "whatever":

I'd like to be able to put all the Titanbrehs into a Titanbrehs group, and also put people into multiple groups as needed, so TrueGrime can be in both Titanbrehs and Destinerds or whatever. Also, these groups should have basic organizational features. Group Invites, group messaging, etc.

2) Standing invites: I'd like an invite that is just like "I am looking for somebody to play Titanfall with so join/send an invite if you want to play". Frequently I try to join up with people playing but it just takes too long to figure out who's down to play and if they would rather be lonewolfing, and so on. So I start screwing around lone wolf and never actually party up. Or a situation where I want to play TF, but am screwing around in another game because the party is full/everyone is in matches. Nobody knows that I want to play Titanfall, I'd like a way to be able to communicate that.

3) "Xbox Snap Friends" I hate that I can't SNAP my friends list. It's probably the only app I even want to snap regularly, and yet I can't.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Haven't had a chance to play multiplayer in the Destiny beta yet but damn the single player is so good. Thanks again Grime!

Nooo it got taken down :(

What the hell? It was on their official channel. Weird. Gamespot has a trailer (kinda) with bits of gameplay on the new maps. They look great!

Mr Croft

I bet you guys didn't hear the story of the legendary battle that the titanbrehs fought and lost. Basically it was an attrition match Where everyone on the opposing team used about three slots of atlas refurb cards.

I am not shitting you on this. We'd doom a titan and they would drop another one. One after the other. Constantly. We were getting creamed and nearly won the game even as they all burned through their titan cards. I think we lost by 6 points.

It was highly frustrating.

I was so upset that night. How thirsty do you have to be too drop all of your titans for a win.

Omega

Banned
titan executions are a bitch.

respawn, please take this stupid ass auto nuclear ejection out the game. everyone uses it..

tauke

titan executions are a bitch.

respawn, please take this stupid ass auto nuclear ejection out the game. everyone uses it..

This is like my must have Titan loadout as it prevents me from being executed and also the nuclear ejection is useful when the enemy Titan can't dash out of my nuclear ejection radius.

inthrall

This is like my must have Titan loadout as it prevents me from being executed and also the nuclear ejection is useful when the enemy Titan can't dash out of my nuclear ejection radius.

I tried it for a while, but I much prefer survivor or quick autoloader

I'm looking for people to play titanfall with on PC. Protekt1 is my origin ID. I don't have any DLC yet, but maybe I'll get a season pass... eventually... but just a heads up on that.

Where did the PC community go? Hopefully they're all playing the Destiny beta and come back. I've played a bunch of matches tonight and rarely have a full group.

turcy

Where did the PC community go? Hopefully they're all playing the Destiny beta and come back. I've played a bunch of matches tonight and rarely have a full group.

games have been less full lately, definitely true.

i've personally gone on hiatus because ever since update 4 i get random micro-freezes [for .5 seconds or so] every 5 - 10 seconds - making the game nearly unplayable... :/

HelloMeow

I'm not really playing this anymore. It's not challenging or new anymore, so what's left are the frustrating elements.

I did play it a lot though and I'm looking forward to the next Titanfall game.

I'm not really playing this anymore. It's not challenging or new anymore, so what's left are the frustrating elements.

I did play it a lot though and I'm looking forward to the next Titanfall game.

What's not challenging? i'm confused by this complaint i see. Todays gamer seems to constantly need new meta challenges to continue to play a game. Or a shit ton of little things they can do or modes they can play.

Destiny looks nice, has a lot of little things but the core gameplay sucks ass. So, do these other games with horrible core gameplay experiences but a ton of meta junk.

I know PC is a different animal, so i'm mainly talking about consoles here. Titanfall seems to be suffering from the same thing ShadowRun on 360 did. Just not enough things to bring in that bulk casual crowd.

ShadowRun was the best shooter of last gen and it still has an insane loyal base (albeit a small one) that plays it religiously. Before Titanfall i would play ShadowRun exclusively and nothing else.

Core gamplay is what matters to me and Titanfall has one badass experience

p3tran

Banned
What's not challenging? i'm confused by this complaint i see. Todays gamer seems to constantly need new meta challenges to continue to play a game. Or a shit ton of little things they can do or modes they can play.

Titanfall seems to be suffering from the same thing ShadowRun on 360 did. Just not enough things to bring in that bulk casual crowd.

ShadowRun was the best shooter of last gen and it still has an insane loyal base (albeit a small one) that plays it religiously. Before Titanfall i would play ShadowRun exclusively and nothing else.

Core gamplay is what matters to me and Titanfall has one badass experience

I agree that respawn have nailed the core gameplay.
ShadowRun was very-very good, but last generation for my tastes again goes to zambela and the team. they created a couple of call of duties that where truly fantastic at their time.

I also agree that I kind of detest all the meta-stuff that seem to get the spotlight for some.
if your game plays like X game but has added a bunch of hoops to jump through, then its not really the second coming of jesus, its just X game with Y hoops added.

HelloMeow

It's not a complaint. I'm not looking for ingame challenges, or things to unlock.

Aside from the bad matchmaking, I have enjoyed most of the 250 hours I have played this game, but now the game has become too easy, if that makes sense.

Alx

Aside from the bad matchmaking, I have enjoyed most of the 250 hours I have played this game, but now the game has become too easy, if that makes sense.

I suppose that's also due to the matchmaking. It makes sense that after 250 hours you acquired some skill (although I still suck after 200 hours :p ), if the game now feels too easy is probably because you're playing with players who are not as skilled.

keezy

That's my go to game mode right now. I need to switch things up. Starting to get old.

turcy

It's not a complaint. I'm not looking for ingame challenges, or things to unlock.

have you be regenerating?

i felt the same way;

as soon as i got good [took me awhile, i must admit!], i felt the game lost its appeal - until i started regenerating, and now i play against mostly gen 8-10 people who WHOOP. MY. ASS. again.

now i'm frustrated all over again!

have to agree with the poster above though, the core gameplay mechanics of Titanfall have revolutionized my taste in online shooting games.

i can't go back to boring twitch or military shooters ever again, as they just don't offer the variety of gameplay, nor require the same focus / attention / skill, that Titanfall has helped pioneer.

i wonder how many people gave up on the game because of its rather steep learning curve - it's been a long, long while since a shooter made me completely rethink how i approach it in order to play successfully, and that's what i love about this game so much [well, that and the parkour... and the giant robots... oh god and EVERYTHING].

turcy

Why do smart pistols exist? I'll never understand a gun that doesn't require you to aim being in a multiplayer shooter.

okay, legitimate complaint.

this is one of the few things that i just don't understand about this game.

Titanfall is nearly 100% about line of sight for me - if i see a pilot, he's dead, if he sees me? vice versa.

so why is there a gun that doesn't require you to use your damn eyes?

...i'll never know.

i rack my brain on a daily basis trying to figure out why this gun wasn't cut from the final game.

reading the final hours of Titanfall though, it definitely seems like a concept that came to be when the game was still intended to be a SP experience - and they just kept it in the MP game because they had become married to the "concept".

okay, legitimate complaint.

this is one of the few things that i just don't understand about this game.

Titanfall is nearly 100% about line of sight for me - if i see a pilot, he's dead.

so why is there a gun that doesn't require you to use your damn eyes?

...i'll never know.

i rack my brain on a daily basis trying to figure out why this gun wasn't cut from the final game.

reading the final hours of Titanfall though, it definitely seems like a concept that came to be when the game was still intended to be a SP experience - and they just kept it in the MP game because they had become married to the "concept".

It's just an annoying fucking weapon. It locks on from so far away it's just ridiculous, and the second you see someone hopping around you know they're just waiting for a lock on and then you're fucked. I swear they're getting more and more common, too.

TrueGrime

How do you guys defend against the arc cannon?

It's so fucking overpowered to the point of it hitting you while you're behind cover.

One of the devs (Fukida I think) wanted the weapon in the game so it would appeal to new players (aka noobs).

I will say, most of the time it seems like the team with people running around using them loses. But, when you run into someone who is really good with it, you are fucked. I just played a bunch of matches against a guy that was pretty much a one man team just fucking wrecking us with one.

turcy

I will say, most of the time it seems like the team with people running around using them loses. But, when you run into someone who is really good with it, you are fucked. I just played a bunch of matches against a guy that was pretty much a one man team just fucking wrecking us with one.

yup.

when a skilled player chooses the SP as his weapon-to-hone, he can be pretty much unstoppable - very, very annoying.

How do you guys defend against the arc cannon?

It's so fucking overpowered to the point of it hitting you while you're behind cover.

you shoot back?

honestly though i've not experienced this problem - i find the arc cannon to be mostly useless, especially at any sort of distance.

i see equal reports of people thinking this gun is amazing, and utterly horrible - must have something to do with different play-styles or something. [i fall into the utterly horrible camp]

Alx

The ARC cannon mostly hits you while in cover through the "chain lightning" effect, ie the opponent is shooting at targets near you and the damage spreads to their teammates. It's best not to stay close to friendly titans or grunts when an opponent with arc cannon is in the area, because he'll aim for multiple kills using that property.
On the contrary, I find that killing a single pilot moving around with an arc cannons is very difficult (but then I'm not that good :p ). So the best strategy would be to isolate yourself and keep shooting at the titan while moving (or just flee).

Special C

Why do you people complain about the Smart Pistol? It's so weak vs Pilots. I use it for attrition if I feel like going the minion farming route, but when I see a pilot I could have killed him 3x faster with any other weapon. It's a terrible Pilot vs Pilot gun.

Jito

Banned
Why do you people complain about the Smart Pistol? It's so weak vs Pilots. I use it for attrition if I feel like going the minion farming route, but when I see a pilot I could have killed him 3x faster with any other weapon. It's a terrible Pilot vs Pilot gun.

We know it's technically a bad weapon compared to others, but in situations were you get in a one v one fight it's annoying to get popped by a last second shot whilst the other play jumps about doing fuck all. It's just so skilless and cheap, makes me just think the player using it is a cheap noob (because they are usually).
Really it reminds me of things like the noob combo in Halo 2 (plasma pistol / BR) or USAS with frag rounds in BF3. Yeh it's in the game, but man it's cheap as fuck and OP.

Top Bottom