• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Mr Croft

I know this is sorta off topic, but I'm sure everyone remembers how on neogaf every single topic related to Titanfall before it launched would break down into people complaining that it was 6v6.

Yesterday I realized I haven't seen a single person complain about Destiny being 6v6 though. Just one of those things that stands out to me.

It boils down to the fact that titanfall was an xbox one exclusive that the sony players couldn't get their hands on. So they looked for something to complain about. Also... The PvP is not an important factor in the game.

what? you like it?

It is epic as hell. People are complaining about its PvP. Da fuq? It is a loot based game that is mostly geared for co op fun. They
PvP is just an add on and shouldn't be taken seriously at all. If you want that style of PvP wait for the master chief collection. The looting and grinding and exploration you can do with your friends already puts this game on top of a lot of other games.

Mechazawa

I actually think 6v6 is probably too shy of what the proper pilot count should be(it feels like I spend way too much time in the game hunting down other players), but it's probably the reality of having to compensate for the overall Titan balance.

I wasn't one of the people complaining about that prior to release though, because I'm not stupid enough to think I know what's best prior to actually touching the game.

I swear some of the worst FPS players of all time enjoy Titanfall for some reason. Just played with a Gen 5 dude going 0 to 15, how is anyone that inept at a shooter?

i don't get it either. I've played matches where people refuse to jump on your titan with the flag. I don't even understand it. It's not that people are even bad at shooting, it's they lack complete logic and common sense. It's mind boggling.

Yeah my performance in TitanFall is way higher than any other game I've played.
I've played every single Call of Duty and had about a 3-4 K/D and 65% win rate in each.

In Titanfall I have a 8 pilot K/D and 90% Win rate. I think part of this reason is that a bad player can't just camp in a corner and surprise kill you when you walk around a corner. There is also a lack of cheap equipment for bad players to use. I don't think I've actually died by an Arc Mine whilst they were frequent in Black Ops 2 for example.
The movement system really allows you to outclass other players.

Is this on PC? cuz 8.0 k/d is crazy. I hear pc is even worse level of talent.

It boils down to the fact that titanfall was an xbox one exclusive that the sony players couldn't get their hands on. So they looked for something to complain about. Also... The PvP is not an important factor in the game.

It is epic as hell. People are complaining about its PvP. Da fuq? It is a loot based game that is mostly geared for co op fun. They
PvP is just an add on and shouldn't be taken seriously at all. If you want that style of PvP wait for the master chief collection. The looting and grinding and exploration you can do with your friends already puts this game on top of a lot of other games.

Yah, i see a lot of unjustified hate towards Titanfall. Would be interesting to know how much of that came from real bias PS people. I guess you're right about Destiny, but i can't finish single player campaigns at all. I can't stand them. I'm all PVP

I actually think 6v6 is probably too shy of what the proper pilot count should be(it feels like I spend way too much time in the game hunting down other players), but it's probably the reality of having to compensate for the overall Titan balance.

I wasn't one of the people complaining about that prior to release though, because I'm not stupid enough to think I know what's best prior to actually touching the game.

Like most all shooters once you know the maps and tendencies of player movement 6v6 is fine. I rarely have a problem finding players but again i mainly play CTF where people actually move around.

Omega

Banned
beta ends tonight right?

I don't know why i'm torturing myself playing with randoms. It's a match between two teams trying their hardest not to win. The only gametype that's even kind of tolerable by myself is CTF, mainly because I can 6 cap easily on most maps.

Mr Croft

beta ends tonight right?

I don't know why i'm torturing myself playing with randoms. It's a match between two teams trying their hardest not to win. The only gametype that's even kind of tolerable by myself is CTF, mainly because I can 6 cap easily on most maps.

I can't stand ctf for some reason something about that game type makes me mad. The arc mines, titans and smart pistols make that gametype a mess to me and I end up playing defense most of the time lol.

So basically when the beta is over, everyone expects the community to pick back up?

yup we will all go back to titanfall right on time for the dlc

Omega

Banned
For me I will be playing titanfall alot less... But once MCC comes out I dont see myself playing any titanfall :(

same here.

Destiny doesn't do anything for me so I'll probably be playing Titanfall, but I'll most likely be playing MCC.

Then again who knows, apparently people are incapable of playing games because they like them. Now they need unlocks and colors to play a game and if MCC doesn't have that, then maybe people won't play it.

Mr Croft

same here.

Destiny doesn't do anything for me so I'll probably be playing Titanfall, but I'll most likely be playing MCC.

Then again who knows, apparently people are incapable of playing games because they like them. Now they need unlocks and colors to play a game and if MCC doesn't have that, then maybe people won't play it.

I already see people being turned off from halos "true skill" ranking system. But that's the way I like my games if you lose then you lose ranking as well. People like those gimmie ranks they get from CoD and such.

Crucio

Wow coming back from Destiny was a jolt. The gameplay speed is really different. Though I enjoyed Destiny a lot. Its really like comparing Halo to COD. Just not the same and rightfully have their own great features.

Obscured

For me I will be playing titanfall alot less... But once MCC comes out I dont see myself playing any titanfall :(

I'll be trying to jump around between all of them.

I think 6v6 is fine, but it'd be cool to see how some higher player counts would work. Wingman was an interesting take so I'd like to see more of them playing around with that stuff.

Jito

Banned
i don't get it either. I've played matches where people refuse to jump on your titan with the flag. I don't even understand it. It's not that people are even bad at shooting, it's they lack complete logic and common sense. It's mind boggling.

Most of the time it's just morons trying too hard to do challenges instead of just playing the damn game!

Is this on PC? cuz 8.0 k/d is crazy. I hear pc is even worse level of talent.

That can't be right at all though, where did you hear this?

Most of the time it's just morons trying too hard to do challenges instead of just playing the damn game!

That can't be right at all though, where did you hear this?

Maybe a poor choice of words.. the disparity between good players and bad players is worse on PC. I've heard this from some PC friends.

Jito

Banned
Maybe a poor choice of words.. the disparity between good players and bad players is worse on PC. I've heard this from some PC friends.

Oh right, I don't really know then. I see bad and good players of all ranks in matches. Doesn't seem to be a massive skill gap unless they are brand new players or idiots playing for challenges. Might be most noticeable though when a player tries using a controller against KB&M users.

Well, you can set a wider FOV and have a higher (and more consistent framerate)...

So, probably. It's also easier to multitask keystrokes than button presses.

I just posted on the Respawn site. I hope they listen.

Seriously, the holosite scope option needs to be removed from the Carbine. It lends itself to spamming from distance too easily. I can tell immediately when someone is using that scope because they'll kill me from distance without actually aiming or pulsing the trigger properly.

No other option should be on the Carbine besides the stock iron site and Hcog. At least make it where a decent player has to actually fucking aim!!! Not worried about casuals cuz they'll suck no matter what they use but if a decent player has to equip holosite on Carbine to beat other decent players... that's shit.

I'm coming from PC and I feel like there is a larger number of "still learning" players on Xbox compared to PC.

But that's not why I'm here, I'm looking for a deal on the season pass for Xbox One. Anyone aware of a way to pick up the season pass at some kind of discount? It's going on sale for PC all the time but I never see it on sale for Xbox.

TrueGrime

I went undefeated last night with the Brehs. I had some connection problems, they played without me, and took a loss.

It's good to see how important I am to the team.

VASPER

Banned

I sometimes feel this way, The only thing i have to add is that when a team with 4-6 titans on the field it almost doesn't matter what your team does that team with titans is going to wreak house.

TrueGrime

There was absolutely no challenge last night. None. Doesn't help that full teams dissolve into a team of two once we start kicking it into gear.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
How late did y'all play? I'm usually done by 1030 - 11 because I have to get up early for work. I want to get in some time tonight because I'll be all about The Last of Us until the new DLC hits this weekend.

Mr Croft

True Skill has serious flaws.

explain

I went undefeated last night with the Brehs. I had some connection problems, they played without me, and took a loss.

It's good to see how important I am to the team.

I'm sure it is because I went to watch Netflix lol

Ji66a

Me and Nori lost a match just before you guys got on so my streak is only at 15 or something =/

tsk tsk tsk

165 and counting. Matchmaking works fast, but the quality of the matches leads to a lot of pubstomping.

when the brehs have a full team we don't lose. The skill level in titanfall has dropped off severely as of late.

Omega

Banned
yeah we had a full group at around 11:45ish eastern time and stopped playing a little after 2am.

tsk tsk tsk

not our fault. we put up ridiculous numbers in a hardpoint and a pilot hunter. one of my IRL friends who sucks joined and did nothing to help. we had a gen 5 random that was so bad we sent him a message. dude put up 0 kills in a hardpoint..how is that even possible

Obscured

There was absolutely no challenge last night. None. Doesn't help that full teams dissolve into a team of two once we start kicking it into gear.

Last night was the first time I've seen whole teams quit right at the end of the match. Happened 3-4 times. People seem to have gotten more comfortable quitting recently.

Fucking late. I think we started late though.

You guys were full when I checked and then once your party disbanded everyone left went off to do other things (and I was on even later), so I was left alone all night. Sadly my win streak is I think 3 right now. But it gave me time to work on unlocking stuff (I still try to play my best when alone, but when playing with brehs I'm more likely to not be a dumbass like running rooftops with a shotgun)

In my attempt to finish off the killing specters challenge to unlock the extended magazine for the r97 I was hiding in a room trying to ignore pilots, but they wouldn't ignore me. Anyway, I did a nice hang evasion.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274792275196&gamertag=Mouroutaru&vid=7927bfd5-13d6-4010-966b-b5151f9257cf

TrueGrime

Last night was the first time I've seen whole teams quit right at the end of the match. Happened 3-4 times. People seem to have gotten more comfortable quitting recently.

You guys were full when I checked and then once your party disbanded everyone left went off to do other things (and I was on even later), so I was left alone all night. Sadly my win streak is I think 3 right now. But it gave me time to work on unlocking stuff (I still try to play my best when alone, but when playing with brehs I'm more likely to not be a dumbass like running rooftops with a shotgun)

In my attempt to finish off the killing specters challenge to unlock the extended magazine for the r97 I was hiding in a room trying to ignore pilots, but they wouldn't ignore me. Anyway, I did a nice hang evasion.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274792275196&gamertag=Mouroutaru&vid=7927bfd5-13d6-4010-966b-b5151f9257cf

Haha. Juked his ass. Nice. If the party is ever full and you want to get in some games with a good, full team just send me a message. I'll gladly back out so peeps can get their play on. Especially if I've been playing for a bit.

TrueGrime

I wish more people knew how to wallhang. It would make my last 18 flyswatter kills that much easier to get. 50 flyswatter kills, really Respawn?

Yeah. Challenges that are dependent on others is fucking retarded. I might see a wall-hanging pilot maybe 1 in every 15 hours of playing.

garath

That was a really well executed wall hang. Nice :)

Jito

Banned
Gen 8 team mate, has a clan name (0R, or some shit) Playing with his friend. Goes 1 to 9, bottom of the team.

picard.jpg

The hell is wrong with people?

I feel like it focuses too much on win/loss and it does so too quickly. It shouldn't rank you 20 something games in, or however fast it is (i remember it being fast). I believe true skill was adjusted in later iterations and i feel like it still needs some serious fine tuning.

In Halo in particular true skill promoted far too much camping, far far too much camping. It also made kids start new names so they could play from scratch against bad kids and build up a good win/loss rate early.

I see true skill being applied to this game to a horrible outcome. This is how a room full of no gens get matched up against multiple gens of 8s or even two 10s. I've seen the most ridiculous combos and i have to conclude part of it is because true skill ranks these gens without any consideration to time actually played.

Top Bottom