• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

RonanN1

Banned
Meh...the update is excellent but I don't understand why only Attrition is on the new maps. Why not Marked for death? it's the best mode! :/ grrr

Izuna

Banned
FOUND IT, the dumb DLC was in the marketplace, but not from the game store

EDIT: gunna play some halo before I jump on Titanfal and grind out those achievements

Not sure what to think about guaranteed rare burn cards. Please don't add p2w.

Meh...the update is excellent but I don't understand why only Attrition is on the new maps. Why not Marked for death? it's the best mode! :/ grrr

It's probably in the Marked for Death and Variety playlist, just like with Expedition. Attrition offers the most opportunities in gameplay due to balancing out mob farms and dealing with players and Titans. Edit: About to start MFD on Haven.

Haven is really fun. Great movement and good defensive options for points C and B. A is sort of a crap shoot in defense, but not bad if you're using satchels or arc mines.

Matchmaking is still terribly broken.

Framerates on xbox one seem a little better / more stable but it still goes all over the place or stutters for a moment to load something big in.

Some players seem to skip around more then normal but it could be bad luck on connections.

Being thrown into a lobby with all gen 1 players apart from me against better gen teams is still there, please balance things better respawn :( it makes me sad and angry.

Can't say much about the card packs yet as I want to buy more expensive ones to see how they fair, no point buying regular packs. Big problem here for me is that I bin 99% of my cards anyway and I doubt that I would use bought cards much at all, if they do add in uniques for packs only at least it would give me a reason to buy them.

Omega

Banned
I was 100% a day into the last DLC, I will be for this.

i guess Xbox just hates me then. i won a match on each map and i executed two titans on Haven

i normally don't give a shit about achievements, but i like to 100% the games i do like but forget it. i still can't even get tree runner from the last dlc.

Achievements are borked. Won a match on Haven and didn't get the achievement. Then again, it may not be counting that win since it was MFD, which would still be BS.

Matchmaking is pretty shit still, though I don't think they touched on it this update. This last match was fairly balanced, but the first match it was terribly outmatched. In a Hardpoint game no less.

Still getting a lot of connection timeouts in the lobby.

Izuna

Banned
i guess Xbox just hates me then. i won a match on each map and i executed two titans on Haven

i normally don't give a shit about achievements, but i like to 100% the games i do like but forget it. i still can't even get tree runner from the last dlc.

Tree runner took me until I got the last update before it popped. I spent a long time on those trees

Omega

Banned
Tree runner took me until I got the last update before it popped. I spent a long time on those trees

i've done every method i've seen on youtube, read on forums or could think of.

i lost a match because i just kept running between all the trees for an entire hardpoint, never once touching the ground (got that "its better up here" achievement or whatever it's called) and still never got it.

one of my friends got it by ejecting froma titan. (he plays it like it CoD so he doesn't even use the wallrunning)

Izuna

Banned

i lost a match because i just kept running between all the trees for an entire hardpoint, never once touching the ground (got that "its better up here" achievement or whatever it's called) and still never got it.

one of my friends got it by ejecting froma titan. (he plays it like it CoD so he doesn't even use the wallrunning)

Yeah, you don't need to run between the trees afaik, just stay up top.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
In the June 26th patch Respawn added data related to unannounced gamemodes: Big Brother, Capture The Titan, Titan Tag and Bodyguard.
Link to my previous post with that information: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118353755&postcount=290

Today's patch (31st July) has added new data:

Titan Tag
New description:
"Doom the Titan to become 'it'."

Big Brother
New descriptions:
"Attackers: Hack the control panels"
"Defend the control panels"

Round Winning Killcam added. It is used only in the Big Brother gamemode.

Capture the Titan:
New Event notifications added:
PlayerHasTheTitan
PlayerDestroyedTheTitan
PlayerCapturedTheTitan
PlayerLeftTheTitan

New game state/playlist variables:
No Minimap
Limited Ammunition
Unlimited Titans
One Titan Only
No Titans
No Minions
Grunts Only
Spectres Only
Reduced Pilot Health
Increased Pilot Health

These variables have been in the code since launch I believe but not the text strings and announcement code.

List of All Daily Challenges:
Fired it up
Play X matches

Play To Win
Win X matches

Most Valuable
Be the player with the highest score on your team X time(s)

Make It Rain
Drop in a Titan X time(s)

Riding Dirty
Rodeo an enemy Titan X time(s)

Quick Escape
Eject from your Titan X time(s)

More Like a Friend
Hack X Spectres

That Was Easy
Kill X Grunts

Guilt Trip
Kill X Marvin(s)

I Kill You, I'm Better
Kill X Pilots

Heavy Metal
Kill X Titans

Pile of Junk
Kill X Spectres

Up Close and Personal
Kill X Titan(s) by rodeo

Burned
Kill X enemies while you have a burn card active

AI executioner
Kill X AI

Takin' You With Me
Kill an enemy Titan whilst you're in doomed state X time(s)

Deadly Speed
Kill X enemies while in a Stryder Titan

Metal Storm
Kill X enemies while in an Atlas Titan

Heavy Hitter
Kill X enemies while in an Ogre Titan

Headhunter
Get X headshots on Pilots using any combination of bullet weapons

No Fly Zone
X evac ship(s) during the epilogue

Duck Hunt
Kill X flyers

Big Bang
Use Nuclear Core to get X kills

Denied
Kill X evacuating Pilots during the epilogue

Striker
Get the first kill of the match X time(s)

Ghost Buster
Kill a cloaked Pilot X time(s)

Unexpected
Get X kill(s) whilst being cloaked

Drop a Titan on it
Get X kill(s) by dropping your Titan on the enemy

Here Boy!
Have your Auto-Titan get X kill(s) while in follow mode

Good Boy!
Have your Auto-Titan get X kill(s) whilst in guard mode

Not So Fast
Kill a Pilot who is ejecting X time(s)

Ninja Assassin
Get X kill(s) whilst wallrunning

Stick Around
Get X kill(s) whilst wallhanging

Oops, My Bad
Run over X enemies with your Titan

Oops, Didn't See You There
Run over X pilot(s) with your Titan

Look Around
Execute X Pilots as a Pilot

Kickin' It
Get X kills using melee kick

Swift Legs
Kill X Pilots using melee kick

Overkill
Kill X enemies with melee as a Titan

Meet My First
Kill X Pilots(s) with melee as a Titan

Human Smoothie
Get X execution kill(s) as a Stryder Titan

Quick Toss
Get X execution kill(s) as an Atlas Titan

Give me a Hand
Get X execution kill(s) as an Ogre Titan

Assassin
Kill X enemies with the [WEAPON]

Pilot Killer
Kill X Pilot(s) with the [WEAPON]

Titan Killer
Kill X Titan(s) with the [WEAPON]

Spectre Killer
Kill X Spectre(s) with the [WEAPON]

Grunt Killer
Kill X Grunt(s) with the [WEAPON]

Boom, Headshot!
Get X headshot(s) with the [WEAPON]

Marksman
Get X critical hit(s) with the [WEAPON]

Chain Lightning
Kill X enemies with one Arc Cannon shot X times

Fuel for the Fire
Use X Burn Cards

Bring it Home
Capture X flags in Capture the Flag matches

Bugged Out
Get into the evac ship and survive X times

In My Zone
Capture X hardpoints

Serial Killer
Get a killing spree X time(s)

Wartime Efforts
Play X matches of Attrition

Trench Sweeper
Win X matches of Attrition

Captivated Audience
Play X matches of Capture the Flag

Captured Glory
Win X matches of Capture the Flag

Titan Fightin'
Play X matches of Last Titan Standing

Standing Tall
Win X matches of Last Titan Standing

Territorial
Play X matches of Hardpoint Domination

This Is My Land
Win X matches of Hardpoint Domination

On The Hunt
Play X matches of Pilot Hunter

Target Demographic
Win X matches of Pilot Hunter

Two's Company
Play X matches of Wingman Last Titan Standing

Together We Stand
Win X matches of Wingman Last Titan Standing

Targets of Opportunity
Play X matches of Marked for Death

Top Marks
Win X matches of Marked for Death

You may remember a post I did concerning the June 26th Patch. Respawn added some data related to unannounced game-modes.
These included Titan Tag and Big Brother.

Today's patch (31st July) has added new data. Here is some of the new data.

Titan Tag
Doom the Titan to become 'it'.

Big Brother
Attackers: Hack the control panels
Defend the control panels

Round Winning Killcam added used in Big Brother game-mode.

New game state options:
No Minimap
Limited Ammunition
Unlimited Titans
One Titan Only
No Titans
No Minions
Grunts Only
Spectres Only
Reduced Pilot Health
Increased Pilot Health

List of All Daily Challenges:

With those game state options, I really with there was a "hardcore" variety playlist of sorts with deadlier minions, limited ammo, etc.

I got the tree runner awhile ago maybe 3 weeks I was supsrised cuz I keep reading it was broken on forums.

Dig Site is next to Rise as my least favorite Attrition map. Spawns are terrible.
Seems like an amazing LTS map though.

Export is ok, but no one is ever up top and the spawns are pretty bad there as well.

Edit: Just won an Attrition map on Dig Site, and still no achievement. Getting no progressions either.

turcy

hrmm, update is out, but it's saying i didn't buy the map pack?

i bought the season's pass, i'm pissed.

anybody else having this issue?

I'm enjoying the new maps but i can't get over how bad some teammates are and matchmaking would keep putting this kid on my team 3 games in a row. this guy goes 0-12 with 5 minion kills and he played the whole game.

he even had a mic and I nicely asked the dude to slay minions and he just says stop crying. Respawn at least shuffle these bad players out of my lobby or I'm just gonna start quitting games and lobby shopping from now on. According to this matchmaking I'm suppose to carry a bunch of mouth breathers against half a team of gen10s. So frustrating I new I shouldn't have wasted my money on these maps since the last update this game does nothing but frustrate me.

E5iYtQi.png

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I'm enjoying the new maps but i can't get over how bad some teammates are and matchmaking would keep putting this kid on my team 3 games in a row. this guy goes 0-12 with 5 minion kills and he played the whole game.

he even had a mic and I nicely asked the dude to slay minions and he just says stop crying. Respawn at least shuffle these bad players out of my lobby or I'm just gonna start quitting games and lobby shopping from now on. According to this matchmaking I'm suppose to carry a bunch of mouth breathers against half a team of gen10s. So frustrating I new I shouldn't have wasted my money on these maps since the last update this game does nothing but frustrate me.

E5iYtQi.png

That's pathetic since Gen 2 challenges are a fucking cakewalk. I'm a fairly average player but shit, I've never had a match that bad even on my worst day.

Welp, apparently the achievement issue is with Xbox Live and all games:

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/494895496264044546

Thing is, even as others on that account have said, there are folks who still don't have some achievements from the last round of DLC, and this isn't the first time that progression disappeared.

I think I'm just going to step away from the game until this is fixed, despite being 4 MVPs away from Gen 10 and almost done with my last daily. Maybe I'll finally get around to MGS: GZ or finish my Infamous SS evil run. That or just wait for more GAF to get on to party up to get through the shit matchmaking and hope we go against some decent folks.

Izuna

Banned
Ooooo, okay! I am NOT playing Titanfall until they fix those Achievements.
I don't want to waste my time with the 25 cloaked kills if they aren't registering.

Izuna

Banned
They are, it's a system wide problem with displaying the percentages

Last time they gave us new achievements, it didn't work for a day until the next update went out. I am still able to get achievements in other games, I am pretty sure this is a Titanfall issue.

They are, it's a system wide problem with displaying the percentages

It's not just percentages. Achievements are not unlocking period, and why waste the effort if you are just going to have to do it all over again if nothing isn't being registered in whatever part of the OS and servers handles achievements? 2 MVPs away from Gen 10, so I'll likely hold off on regaining until it gets fixed.

That being said, it shouldn't rule how you play the game. But it's still frustrating.

p3tran

Banned
lol I'm staring at the title screen/video, game all updated and maps downloaded.

yet when I press (A) to start, it just says "signing in" for about one second then reverts to "press (A) to start" again.

come on microsoft, stir up dat cloud for me!!

Izuna

Banned
lol I'm staring at the title screen/video, game all updated and maps downloaded.

yet when I press (A) to start, it just says "signing in" for about one second then reverts to "press (A) to start" again.

come on microsoft, stir up dat cloud for me!!

Hard reset

That was a good match. Been a while since I've played LTS and already that Dig Site is one of my favorites for that mode.

Anyway, I'm getting the progression for the old achievements now, but still getting nothing for the new ones.

I might try the Kinect. We'll see how that works.

Top Bottom