• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Anyone playing?

GT: Cpt RonCodpiece

Also, anyone have an issue in LTS where the game constantly loads you in right as the round has started, making any pilot load out or burn card you use not take effect until round 2? All other modes load with lots of time before it starts. Very annoying.

tauke

So I accidentally bought the Season Pass since it is 20% discount. All the savings from dieting sure pay off.

Downloading the first DLC now.

Welfare

Anyone playing?

Also, anyone have an issue in LTS where the game constantly loads you in right as the round has started, making any pilot load out or burn card you use not take effect until round 2? All other modes load with lots of time before it starts. Very annoying.

Yeah I have had that issue. I think you should be able to activate burn cards and select loadouts for like the 5 seconds after you spawn. Only during the respawn screen isn't always enough time.

Mr Croft

Looks like I missed out. I went to see Hercules and it was awful. I thought Snapple cap guy was on GAF he isn't... And he took my spot :( oh well I should have been on.

if any leftover gaffers want to play titanfall add me KPB Mr Croft

Obscured

Anyone playing?

I was trying to remember who Capt Ron was here, thanks for the games earlier. You saved my bacon a few times (and I love my bacon)

And I have that happen all the time in LTS.

Yeah GG's.

Glad its an issue for everyone and not my system or something. Hopefully they can fix it.

Does Xbone add content at like 3am like the 360 does? Wonder if Frontier will be up maybe I'll get a few games in before work.

Roflobear

Also, count me in tonight if anyone wants to play! I won't be joining around 11pm EST, but I'll be there for a good bit after that. Also feel free to add me for fun, too!

ID: Quartos

Forgot to respond to this and I feel bad since I referred you here, but you should message Applesauce so he can add you to the list of players in the OP. Feel free to add the usual suspects on the list and join in when they're playing

Mr Croft

all I need is... One more term

Grim after getting that last term.
Goku_Super_Saiyan_43287.JPG

IHaveIce

Banned
Ugh why isn't it out yet, waiting on my dashboard since forever :(

Need titanfall :( though forever stuck in gen8, damn titan drops not killing enemies

p3tran

Banned
YO! zambela, fukuda, mckoy and company!!!
where are my maps at yo?

hurry up!!!!!!!

major nelson, you on vacation or what??

chop-chop!!

:D

Need titanfall :( though forever stuck in gen8, damn titan drops not killing enemies

just aim for the grunts if you are having trouble hitting titans. plus you write more kills with each drop if you catch them when they are merrily exiting their shuttle all together
oh, and use the perk that drops the titan faster when you call it. and if you still having problems, play pilot hunter where less people are paying attention to killing grunts.
there you go, gen9 :)

Updating the main game right now.

They haven't given an ETA on LTS Wingman yet, correct?

^I'll put it up as soon as the game finishes the update.

Seems odd since it did it upon game boot up for me. Hopefully there isn't an issue for you guys over there.

The update shows up now that I completely rebooted my xbox one, nearly every update has done this to me.

Twitch app the other week suddenly stopped working out of nowhere and crashing, I had no idea why for about 2 hours, so I turned my xbox one off and on again and there was an updating waiting for me.

It's either a glitch or some other stupid reason for needing a cold system boot to detect updates.

New Achievements:

• Haven Victor: Win a match on Haven; 5G
  • Haven Connoisseur: Play every game mode on Haven; 10G
  • Executioner: Execute 2 titans in a single match on Haven; 20G
  • Overkill: Kill 15 titans while you have a Titan Burncard active on Haven; 30G
  • Export Victor: Win a match on Export; 5G
  • Export Connoisseur: Play every game mode on Export; 10G
  • It's a Trap!: Kill an enemy with the trap on Export; 20G
  • Hidden Export: Kill 25 enemies while cloaked on Export; 30G
  • Dig Site Victor: Win a match on Dig Site; 5G
  • Dig Site Connoisseur: Play every game mode on Dig Site; 10G
  • Dirt Nap: Kill 12 pilots in a single match on Dig Site; 20G
  • Gravesite: Kill 50 Pilots on Dig Site; 35G

Ok, now to actually download the maps and have some fun!

Omega

Banned
Looks like I missed out. I went to see Hercules and it was awful. I thought Snapple cap guy was on GAF he isn't... And he took my spot :( oh well I should have been on.

if any leftover gaffers want to play titanfall add me KPB Mr Croft
I think he has an account but posts on gamefaqs like a noob instead

wait, the DLC is not live for me all of a sudden.

is it live for everyone else?

i really don't like map packs. all it does is splinter the community.

Let's see how framerate performance is now, the big thing for me this patch.

Just finished my first match. It seems better, but it's still a long way from perfect. When the action really heats up and there are Titans roaming about there's still plenty of tearing.

wait, the DLC is not live for me all of a sudden.

is it live for everyone else?

It wasn't showing for me from the in game store. I quit the game and found it in the regular store.

Xyrmellon

Yeah I think it's borked. I have season pass but it tells me I don't and wants to boot me to the store, and the store doesn't show the new dlc.

New Titan Insignias (No pics, sorry):

• Hell Divers: Purchase from Black Market*
  • Orbital Assualt: Purchase from Black Market*
  • Spectre Legion: Purchase from Black Market*
  • Drop Shockers: Purchase from Black Market*
  • Shadow Runners: Purchase from Black Market*
  • Glory Blazers: Purchase from Black Market*
  • Apex Predators: Purchase from Black Market*
  • Mercenary Machines: Purchase from Black Market*
  • Import/Export: Play every mode in Export
  • Kodai Mining: Play every mode in Dig Site
  • Safe Haven: Play every mode in Haven
  • Ichicat: Completee 50 Daily Challenges
  • Playfight: Complete 10 Daily Challenges

*Insignias cost 25000 credits in the Black Market
Yeah I think it's borked. I have season pass but it tells me I don't and wants to boot me to the store, and the store doesn't show the new dlc.

I had to click on the season pass, and found the DLC there.

Matchmaking is still a joke, I was first marked and lasted about 2 minutes in hiding and evading, my team were all playing deathmatch on the other side of the map :/

Enemy team even hid in a tunnel and I had to go sort it out, no one else, me only.

Back to attrition forever I guess.

Matchmaking is still a joke, I was first marked and lasted about 2 minutes in hiding and evading, my team were all playing deathmatch on the other side of the map :/

Back to attrition forever I guess.

People may be chasing challenges due to the dailies or the achievements, which don't look difficult so far. Sucks, but that's usually what happens when it comes to mp games with challenges/achievements.

Omega

Banned
New Achievements:

seem pretty easy, except maybe it's a trap.

So I have $15. Which DLC should I get? :(

so what does patch do? Fix Stability issues?

The Expedition maps were good, but all the pre-release footage of Frontier has me convinced that this new pack will be the best.

Patch notes are here: http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-five
seem pretty easy, except maybe it's a trap.

Yeah, that one will be harder the longer you put it off when most will learn that the high ground is vulnerable in that manner. Does anyone know how many times that trap can be activated?

Izuna

Banned
New Achievements:

I don't hate the achievements but... Kill 15 Titans with a Burn Card active? Ugh, I hay ever get them and now I will be saving them for the Haven map.

Still, can't wait to get all the achievements and seeing that 100% bar again

Lowdown on Black Market:

General Info
  • You start off with 5000 credits
  • You cannot purchase a card pack if you do not have room in your deck

Burn Card Packs and Details
  • Stardard Pack: Includes 6 random Pilot and Titan burn cards. May contain 1 or more rare cards. Cost 5000.
  • Tactical Ability Pack: 6 random Pilot and Titan tactical ability burn cards. May contain 1 or more rare cards. Cost 10000.
  • Ordnance Pack: 6 random Pilot and Titan ordnance burn cards. Cost 10000.
  • Weapons Pack: 6 random Pilot and Titan weapon burn cards. Contains sidearms, anti-titan weapons, and primary weapons. May contain 1 or more rare cards. Cost 10000.
  • Time Boost Pack: 6 random burn cards that earn exta XP, Titan build time, and Titan core charge time. No rare cards. Cost 10000
  • Intel Pack: 6 random burn cards that give you an edge with situational awareness and minions. May contain 1 or more rare cards. Cost 10000.
  • Titan Pack: 3 random Titan Burn Cards to help devastate your foes. May contain 1 or more rare cards. Cost 20000.
  • Premium Pack: A grab bag of 4 random Rare Pilot and Titan burn cards. Contains only rare cards. Cost 50000.
I don't hate the achievements but... Kill 15 Titans with a Burn Card active? Ugh, I hay ever get them and now I will be saving them for the Haven map.

Still, can't wait to get all the achievements and seeing that 100% bar again

It should be easier now that you can buy Titan burn cards. That booster pack gives you 3 cards for 20,000 credits. Likely will see a lot of Turbo Engines and Amped tactical abilities like Particle Wall and Electric Smoke, but hopefully the drop rate for weapons and ordnance is ok to where you can get one with every other purchase at least.

Edit: First match will be H.D. on Haven. Will post impressions later.

Top Bottom