• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

tauke

Hey I'll be on later after I finish work in like 3 hours. Only got a chance to play Dig Site last night but it was pretty good.

No problem! Was a disaster as I'm often faced with stacked team. 10 losing streak so far...

Finally first win and ironically it's Marked for Death lol. MVP of the match with 250++ ping...

Izuna

Banned
Just had the saddest match of PH on Export ever.

My entire team basically stayed at the thing you shoot for the It's a Trap! achievement. I was 14 - 3 and the rest of my team had like 2 kills in total. No one killed anyone with the trap until I went there are we lost (obviously) and the drop point was near the thing. I got 4 kills shooting it once and was the only one to do so.

Dumb achievements man, I swear.

I am going to record what happens when I open the most expensive pack of burn cards. Hopefully I get some Titan ones as I think the Haven achievement may take a while. Connoisseur isn't so bad as long as Attrition is my last game type to play.

Got a psychic Arc Grenade clip but I can't share it because my gamertag is two words and it breaks the link...

don't do this haha <--- testing if %20 works in the link

Izuna

Banned
All I got was pare stryder, one titan burn card and map hack, that headache one and outsource... meeeehy

Waste of my currency man. Outsource and map hack are fine but I don't need them to win, I should I gotten the Titan pack.

Overkill is a stupid achievement considering it requires a rare ass burn card I will hardly get at Gen 10.

tauke

I like the new maps. Totally different from the other maps.

Now I'm warming up to Dig Site a lot. Haven is awesome too but never got the chance to play Export often (I guess I only play on it 3 times).

Also the dreaded long loading time haven't been fixed yet for SEA server.

Edit: "Titanfall" the Titanfall.exe process with Task Manager. Not sure it is my ISP but I never encounter such problem when playing at West US. Only on SEA and East Asia server...

HelloMeow

Now I'm warming up to Dig Site a lot. Haven is awesome too but never got the chance to play Export often (I guess I only play on it 3 times).
Export is like Smugglers Cove on crack.
Also the dreaded long loading time haven't been fixed yet for SEA server.

Edit: "Titanfall" the Titanfall.exe process with Task Manager. Not sure it is my ISP but I never encounter such problem when playing at West US. Only on SEA and East Asia server...
Lately my internet connection has been dropping randomly. Sometimes I'm playing Titanfall and the connection goes away, it freezes the game.

Izuna

Banned
Game froze for the third time since the DLC came out, and I am getting bugs like "press [unbound] to call Titan]"

So fucking bored of the new maps now, stupid achievements

Last match was dumb, got 3200 - 500 points in Hardpoint, and the rest of my team was busy trying to get the It's a Trap! shit. We won, barely, but come on now... Respawn are stupid. Game came out like the best shit ever and now they are doing all of these dumb decisions.

Jito

Banned
Actually pretty glad there's no achievements on PC now, by the sounds of it players spend as much time pissing about getting achievements as trying to do challenges which is annoying enough.

Izuna

Banned
Actually pretty glad there's no achievements on PC now, by the sounds of it players spend as much time pissing about getting achievements as trying to do challenges which is annoying enough.

You wouldn't believe man...

If there were no Achievements I would be playing Attrition, that's it. The Achievements for new maps could have been done much better by tying them to the challenges that people loved doing. Getting a Gooser on a certain map or killing while cloaked is fun, but fucking grindy achievements don't just come "while playing"... After about a week once everyone has all of the Connoisseur achievements, no one will play Variety pack because it sucks solo.

Izuna

Banned
I just realised you don't need rare titan cards for Overkill to work.

Haha, I am dumb

LOL @ my Rise stats:
Games Played 49
Games Won 44
90% win rate
Times MVP 49

turcy

Game froze for the third time since the DLC came out, and I am getting bugs like "press [unbound] to call Titan]"

So fucking bored of the new maps now, stupid achievements

Last match was dumb, got 3200 - 500 points in Hardpoint, and the rest of my team was busy trying to get the It's a Trap! shit. We won, barely, but come on now... Respawn are stupid. Game came out like the best shit ever and now they are doing all of these dumb decisions.

yeah, lots of display bugs like that.

i'm not sure what's going on, but i can't find a single effing game on vanilla variety pack anymore [on PC].

is EVERYONE playing frontier's edge?

so far i'm not really liking the maps... :/

Izuna

Banned
Honestly, I really like all maps. They all take advantage of what Titanfall is about. Dig Site is awesome on Hardpoint, and they all work well on Attrition. I just hate the stupid achievements forcing people to do silly things.

Above all of that...

I swear I heard the Wilhelm scream from a Grunt.

NOOOOO

MY CLIPS ARE ALL SILENT!

http://xboxclips.com/videos.php?gamertag=Izuna+Lasky

Regardless, I have three clips from the new maps.

... (I was about to type "I got" -- my English sucks these days)

tauke

Dude just encounter a bastard who probably uses aimbot. :/

Always wonder why their team let my side lead in the early match for Attrition and later romp us. Wish I got record the damn killcam.

Izuna

Banned
My first damn 40mm burn card. Only after about 15 hours after they introduced it. FINALLY! Them scrub Titans are going down I swear.

I think I will always buy the Titan pack, since this game likes giving me Outsource on its own

Omega

Banned

people would try to get gen 10 anyway so they would still being doing challenges.

I actually like some of the challenges because it forced me to learn more about the game. I used to just be a Carbine scrub, then I moved to the CAR, but because of Gen 9 the Hemlock is really starting to grow on me. Same with the Stryder/Quad Rocket.

other challenges can fuck off. i think i caused the brehs to lose a few games because i was stuck with the Kraber/Plasma Railgun/Ogre. some people can do work with them, i can't.

tauke

Everybody so busy shooting the electrocution switch at Export lol.

So far enjoy CTF and Hardpoint in the new maps.

Izuna

Banned
I did AWESOME in M4D on Haven. About one kill from the Achievement too. I survived the whole game in my one Titan. About to play East US with my lurkerbreh, anyone wanna join, just add me.

LMAO It says I have 100% on Overkill, but no Achievement pop

Izuna

Banned
Export Overkill achievement being broken is BS.
=( May have to hard reset, but I am worried it will be broken forever.

Respawn, it says my progress is 100% on the achievement. Please fix itttttt

uNTMkMj.jpg

I am so close to raging

Izuna

Banned
I have to continue my Export HP search later. I am extremely annoyed that this achievement is just bugged. Respawn, don't blame this on MS =(

tauke

I have to continue my Export HP search later. I am extremely annoyed that this achievement is just bugged. Respawn, don't blame this on MS =(

I'm surprised achievement can get bugged on consoles. Nothing like grinding for it only to not get it. :(

tauke

Since the latest title update I have not won any matches online, none. I keep getting gen 1 partners against tougher opponents.

I was on a losing streak of 10 losses and managed to win 1 match before facing a stacked team again when playing solo.

All is well after joining a group of Aussies (full team) and finally winning streak that got marred by a G2A4 "aimbot" enemy team.

So we left and play variety instead to avoid facing the aimbot team and all is well.

Izuna

Banned
Since the latest title update I have not won any matches online, none. I keep getting gen 1 partners against tougher opponents.

I've been doing well. I have a positive win rate on all maps now. I think CTF is by far my most consistent mode. Probably because since I tend to be MVP, and MVP in CtF = win.

I got screwed over 3 times in total with unwinnable matches, but that isn't so bad. The first happened to be on my first game so whatever..

It makes me think that matchmaking sees me as a high scorer so balances it out with a terrible team, while in theory that should work in titanfall the other team just becomes point fodder too often.

HelloMeow

It makes me think that matchmaking sees me as a high scorer so balances it out with a terrible team, while in theory that should work in titanfall the other team just becomes point fodder too often.

Exactly. Which is unfair in two ways. First of all, your teammates have to go up against a team of better players, which isn't fun for them and secondly, the other team can score points more easily.

tauke

I only see Jito and tauke posting about playing on PC, but I think they're in Europe.

Jito is from Europe and I'm from the far east side of Asia lol. Players are still pretty low for the new DLC for Asian servers hence why I sometimes hop to West US and European servers.

Well add Hero_of_the_Day when I login to Origin tomorrow.

Top Bottom