• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

(I'm going to quote from the last time I replied to this. I should have PMd, it was in some other Titanfall thread a week or two ago and I forgot to follow up.)

We're still working on matchmaking improvements. Do you mind describing (here or PM) what you think has been ruined for you as a solo player with the last update? Feedback is welcome.

Not taking gens into consideration kind of annoys me. A gen 10 level 50 will most likely be able to play freely with no constrains on challenges.

Going into a game and seeing 4 players with low gens and all of a sudden the matchmaking puts me on the team with 5 players with higher gens... leaves me scratching my head since i'm gen 10 level 50.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
You going to be on Nori?

Oh wait. Hahahahaha.

Et5f30H.gif

destinys pvp was never supposed to be the key part of the game. I'm getting so upset at people attacking destiny because of its pvp. That game is based majority on PvE and grinding that loot. Destiny is hyped here on GAF because it is good and it will be good. It gets "meh" from those people who are focused on pvp.

this isnt toward you man.... Its just the hate toward destiny is so unnecessary. Haters gonna hate man
I can get upset at apparently not being able to critique Destiny on its PvP despite it clearly being something that significant manpower and resources have gone into. Yeah sure, unlike Titanfall, it's not the only mode, but saying you can't criticize Destiny based on its PvP is absurd.

Considering the sizes of the studios, I'm sure there are more people at Bungie that worked on PvP than all the people at Respawn.

I actually warmed to Destiny's pvp quite a bit over the course of the beta myself, but people criticizing the game on pvp's merit is completely acceptable, some people are going to want to play pvp, so they want a good experience.

I can get upset at apparently not being able to critique Destiny on its PvP despite it clearly being something that significant manpower and resources have gone into. Yeah sure, unlike Titanfall, it's not the only mode, but saying you can't criticize Destiny based on its PvP is absurd.

Considering the sizes of the studios, I'm sure there are more people at Bungie that worked on PvP than all the people at Respawn.

I actually warmed to Destiny's pvp quite a bit over the course of the beta myself, but people criticizing the game on pvp's merit is completely acceptable, some people are going to want to play pvp, so they want a good experience.

Hell i'll critique the PVE. I may not be the best person to do so since i can't stand most single player campaigns but i did put time into PVE on destiny's beta.... all i did was grind and grind, how is that fun? shooting a spider machines legs for almost an hour is not fun lmao.

Omega

Banned
fun is subjective. what may be fun to you may not be fun to others.

I put 1200 hours into ME3 multiplayer, some people couldn't even put 12 minutes before they said they got bored.

who the fuck cares. play what you like, ignore what you don't.

Mr Croft

Hell i'll critique the PVE. I may not be the best person to do so since i can't stand most single player campaigns but i did put time into PVE on destiny's beta.... all i did was grind and grind, how is that fun? shooting a spider machines legs for almost an hour is not fun lmao.

da fuq? You already don't like that style of game but play it anyway then say it isnt fun? I'm sorry the only enjoyment you get out of games is a quick multiplayer match... You are missing out on a lot. Dont out the game down like it sucks just cause you don't like it :(

people are attacking it like destiny was supposed to be the next MLG title on the circuit When it is far from it. That's like saying tomb raider sucks because the multiplayers sucks. Can't base an entire judgment on pvp. They were expecting halo when they are getting halo in a couple months... Its just silly

Obscured

fun is subjective. what may be fun to you may not be fun to others.

I put 1200 hours into ME3 multiplayer, some people couldn't even put 12 minutes before they said they got bored.

who the fuck cares. play what you like, ignore what you don't.

Oh man, I loved ME3 MP. Can't wait for a next(current) gen version of something like that.

As far as Destiny PvP and PvE I enjoyed both and am going to have a great time with it, but I definitely see validity to some of the criticism. Some of that criticism comes across as flavored by other things so I think that us why it can be grating and feel like hating just to hate.

I don't know, I'm pretty happy with my current and imminent future game experiences and have a head time getting pissed off about any of it. Not to say we shouldn't criticize when warranted (Speaking of which buff the G2A4 and Hemlock and don't kick me from the server when so quickly when I am messing with load outs and burn cards.)

Oh man, I loved ME3 MP. Can't wait for a next(current) gen version of something like that.

As far as Destiny PvP and PvE I enjoyed both and am going to have a great time with it, but I definitely see validity to some of the criticism. Some of that criticism comes across as flavored by other things so I think that us why it can be grating and feel like hating just to hate.

I don't know, I'm pretty happy with my current and imminent future game experiences and have a head time getting pissed off about any of it. Not to say we shouldn't criticize when warranted (Speaking of which buff the G2A4 and Hemlock and don't kick me from the server when so quickly when I am messing with load outs and burn cards.)

Both got buffed last patch. But getting kicked all the time is annoying.

da fuq? You already don't like that style of game but play it anyway then say it isnt fun? I'm sorry the only enjoyment you get out of games is a quick multiplayer match... You are missing out on a lot. Dont out the game down like it sucks just cause you don't like it :(
I played it because it was the only way to get into PVP which is absurd to begin with.

tauke

• Nuclear Eject: fixed a rare bug where an invincible Titan would be left roaming around the level because the player died upon ejecting.
  • Lots of yummy bandwidth optimizations as well as various delicious framerate optimizations have been lovingly hand-crafted and squeezed into the game.
I encountered the Nuclear Eject bug several times where the Titan actually stand still and well you can't do anything to it. Although it does help to shield oncoming enemy attack.

Also yummy bandwidth optimizations is something I'm looking forward to. Framerate... is something I already accept by now and I hope this new update can maintain at least 90% of the time at 60fps.

Hope this new update will bring in more players as it it pretty much quiet over at SEA and East Asia server.

Izuna

Banned
(I'm going to quote from the last time I replied to this. I should have PMd, it was in some other Titanfall thread a week or two ago and I forgot to follow up.)

We're still working on matchmaking improvements. Do you mind describing (here or PM) what you think has been ruined for you as a solo player with the last update? Feedback is welcome.

Skill matchmaking is too strong. I have no idea how the game thinks I am the shit, but regardless, it gives me a team where getting 130 0 deaths causes me to lose.

--

Hey Titanbrehs, I am coming back to this game to rinse the new maps.
Invite if you see me on Wolfenstein or something, chances are I am bored and I need a friend.

--

http://gameclipscontent-d3002.xboxl..._=1406728664_8fa68095bc061ac730ba3bd10ee1f0f1

Search Izuna Lasky on Xboxclips.com if above link doesn't work

hahaha

E92 M3

Can you guys just please put in a Mercenary mode for us lone wolves. It'll fix the majority of problems.

hoyalawya

Posted this on Respawn.com yesterday requesting a new feature. I know that at least a couple of Respawn team members read this thread so I will repost

I would like to request a new feature that should be very useful. I think that adding a datacenter location info (similar to what is currently on the login screen) to the pre-game lobby will be beneficial to everyone. From time to time, my teammates complain that the game suddenly becomes laggy and go off to try to troubleshoot their connection (restart Xbox One, restart modem, etc). I understand that the Tittanfall server logic may transfer a lobby to another datacenter to find a game. Adding this info to the lobby should be very useful to inform players where the lobby server is right now.

Omega

Banned
YO. Just wanted to say..

..there's no enjoying this game without the brehs.

brehs.gif

<3

i don't know how I played this game otherwise. going back to play with my terrible IRL friends or solo is so frustrating.

Mainly because it's just a chill ass environment where we just laugh and have fun.

Hemlock needs more love, it still can't compete. Haven't used it in ages but now I've got the regen challenge to get through, i have to.

There are many encounters at all ranges i know i could do better with other guns.

Omega

Banned
Hemlock needs more love, it still can't compete. Haven't used it in ages but now I've got the regen challenge to get through, i have to.

There are many encounters at all ranges i know i could do better with other guns.

There's no reason to use anything other than Carbine/CAR/Amped Wingman in this game unless you're going for challenges

Jito

Banned
Wish that the DLC would be more actively integrated in the game...

I get the DLC maps often enough playing normal Attriction playlist on PC. If you want them every match there's already a dedicate playlist, what more could they do?

Can't wait for tomorrow, so hyped for new maps! Who's going to be on PC tomorrow evening (6 PM+ BST) to play the new maps? Send a friend request to MrStabby6 if you are.

Posted this on Respawn.com yesterday requesting a new feature. I know that at least a couple of Respawn team members read this thread so I will repost

I would like to request a new feature that should be very useful. I think that adding a datacenter location info (similar to what is currently on the login screen) to the pre-game lobby will be beneficial to everyone. From time to time, my teammates complain that the game suddenly becomes laggy and go off to try to troubleshoot their connection (restart Xbox One, restart modem, etc). I understand that the Tittanfall server logic may transfer a lobby to another datacenter to find a game. Adding this info to the lobby should be very useful to inform players where the lobby server is right now.
This would be a great idea.

I get the DLC maps often enough playing normal Attriction playlist on PC. If you want them every match there's already a dedicate playlist, what more could they do?

Can't wait for tomorrow, so hyped for new maps! Who's going to be on PC tomorrow evening (6 PM+ BST) to play the new maps? Send a friend request to MrStabby6 if you are.

They appear rather regularly throughout the main playlists as well on XBO. It does suck that some people may play exclusively on the DLC playlists, but that can be said for the game modes as well. CTF and Hardpoint Domination playlists can be barren at times for example, since most people just jump into the Variety one or go into the campaign for the latter mode.

Obscured

YO. Just wanted to say..

..there's no enjoying this game without the brehs.

brehs.gif

Simply awesome

Can you guys just please put in a Mercenary mode for us lone wolves. It'll fix the majority of problems.

This, not just for Titanfall but all MP games ever, please.

<3

i don't know how I played this game otherwise. going back to play with my terrible IRL friends or solo is so frustrating.

Mainly because it's just a chill ass environment where we just laugh and have fun.

When I play solo I try to figure out how to improve my style so I can better hang when playing with the brehs.

Seconded. I just like how that gun fires, just wish it could compete better with the others more often.

Wish that the DLC would be more actively integrated in the game...

I get the DLC maps often enough playing normal Attriction playlist on PC.

This is my same experience on XB1 as well. I've had a good mix of them while playing Attrition, Hardpoint, and Variety. I don't go into CTF or Pilot Hunter on my lonesome, so not sure about those. I've had better luck in this game than previous ones where I've bought the DLC (Halo, Gears)

Omega

Banned
This would be a great idea.

They appear rather regularly throughout the main playlists as well on XBO. It does suck that some people may play exclusively on the DLC playlists, but that can be said for the game modes as well. CTF and Hardpoint Domination playlists can be barren at times for example, since most people just jump into the Variety one or go into the campaign for the latter mode.

I've never had trouble with CTF. It's my favorite gametype so whenever I'm an idiot and decide to play by myself I'll play that.

I think part of the reason people only play DLC playlist is because they think it won't show up in the regular playlist. Just last night I think we played Swampland 3 times, and one Runoff/War Games.

They show up fairly often. I'm surprised at how many people own the maps

Omega

Banned
When I play solo I try to figure out how to improve my style so I can better hang when playing with the brehs.

When I play solo or with friends I feel like I have to do everything. It becomes overwhelming.

When I play with the brehs it's different. In Hardpoint I can just sit back and play defense on an objective, or if I have to I can be aggressive like the other day we had close games on Airbase/Relic. If it's attrition I just go around killing grunts/spectres. CTF I can go on the offense without having to worry about them taking our flag because I know Croft is gonna be playing more defensively.

I thought the same when I first started playing with them, it just comes naturally. I wouldn't put too much thought into worrying about how to hang with us.

MaGlock

With the news of 6 people needed for these absurd raids on destiny, hoping a few of the brehs are destiny brehs next month.

I've never had trouble with CTF. It's my favorite gametype so whenever I'm an idiot and decide to play by myself I'll play that.

I think part of the reason people only play DLC playlist is because they think it won't show up in the regular playlist. Just last night I think we played Swampland 3 times, and one Runoff/War Games.

They show up fairly often. I'm surprised at how many people own the maps

Keep in mind though I play at odd hours during the day when it's typical work hours and hardly play on weekends. Which is why I said it could be barren at times instead of generalizing it for the whole community.

I hope that there's a healthy uptake of the new maps, especially since they look far better than the last map pack, which was really solid by itself.

On another note, I just received my first 'rage' message on Xbox Live in my 7 years subscribed to the service. Not sure what I did to receive it.

Obscured

I thought the same when I first started playing with them, it just comes naturally. I wouldn't put too much thought into worrying about how to hang with us.

Luckily everyone is awesome so the few times I've been able to jump on I've never been made to feel like the weak link (my biggest problem is jumping on so late I miss everyone). When going solo I will often be MVP or high up (unless I'm trying to get railgun or G2A4 unlocks/challenges), but with the brehs my magic is gone (though I did hold my own in a LTS game once (just once)). It was hilarious playing a Marked for Death game, there were about 3 times in a row immediately after the marks appeared their guy was dead, like immediately as if they were already being shot at as they were marked.

With the news of 6 people needed for these absurd raids on destiny, hoping a few of the brehs are destiny brehs next month.

Yep, still debating on if I should stick to PS4 or switch to XBO. Pros and Cons to each.

I'm grabbing it on both so I will be around. Hardest thing this fall will be managing game time.

Luckily everyone is awesome so the few times I've been able to jump on I've never been made to feel like the weak link (my biggest problem is jumping on so late I miss everyone). When going solo I will often be MVP or high up (unless I'm trying to get railgun or G2A4 unlocks/challenges), but with the brehs my magic is gone (though I did hold my own in a LTS game once (just once)). It was hilarious playing a Marked for Death game, there were about 3 times in a row immediately after the marks appeared their guy was dead, like immediately as if they were already being shot at as they were marked.

I'm grabbing it on both so I will be around. Hardest thing this fall will be managing game time.

I don't know if I can do both lol. Way too many other titles coming out. Speaking of which, any brehs getting Evolve? I'll probably get the XBO version and then double dip on PC when I get the rig up.

Top Bottom