• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Jito

Banned
Yeh guys, could really do with everyone on PC adding each other. I'm so tired of playing with shit team mates dragging me down while the other team seems to just kick ass every game.

Got absoultely stomped by Gen 1 with a smart pistol today as well, really can't wait til kiddies first gun is removed somehow. Such a cheap piece of shit.

It makes me think that matchmaking sees me as a high scorer so balances it out with a terrible team, while in theory that should work in titanfall the other team just becomes point fodder too often.

I have been complaining about this since the last update it has ruined solo play. I never had a bad time playing this game till update #4 now I refuse to play solo because I will get all the terrible teammates matched with me.

E92 M3

Actually pretty glad there's no achievements on PC now, by the sounds of it players spend as much time pissing about getting achievements as trying to do challenges which is annoying enough.

You wouldn't believe man...

If there were no Achievements I would be playing Attrition, that's it. The Achievements for new maps could have been done much better by tying them to the challenges that people loved doing. Getting a Gooser on a certain map or killing while cloaked is fun, but fucking grindy achievements don't just come "while playing"... After about a week once everyone has all of the Connoisseur achievements, no one will play Variety pack because it sucks solo.

Yes, achievements change the flow of the game considerably. Thankfully, they could be worse - like in Halo 3.

Omega

Banned
LOL ARC CANNON

holy fuck.

was down 0-3 on an LTS to a full party of gen 8-10. decided hey, fuck it, let me switch to arc cannon/particle wall like those guys from last night. ended up coming back to win.

I use a Stryder...one arc grenade basically kills me. that combo is too fucking OP it's not even funny

So how's the performance on the X1 after the latest update?

It's definitely better, but still far from perfect. Screen tearing definitely rears it's head when things get intense. I think if you compared it to where it was at launch it would be a big improvement, as each update has brought it a step closer.

Omega

Banned
yea said I needed an update then days update not found. Then I power cycled and it stood at black screen for 20 mins..

that one went right over your head.

sounds like someone at Xbox wasn't too happy with your "fuck titanfall" stance

this is why i got the strugglebox instead of the NSAbox

Izuna

Banned
I've gotten 5 MVP's in a row on these new maps, they just flow so well.

GT: CoinReturn

I think outside of LTS I was MVP almost every game. Which is why I dislike the new matchmaking. I get drastically bad teams so often. In other games, I get about a 50% win rate even when I completely suck. This matchmaking means there is no point point improving in public games, you will have the same winrate anyway.

Titanfall is a game where they balanced everything like classic PC shooters, we should be rewarded for improving.

Navy Bean

I finally tried Marked for Death on Haven. It's a pretty fun mode but they should allow you to stay marked for as long as you can survive.

Biggest issue I've had lately is not unbalanced teams but rather half my squad (or the other) quitting if we fall behind on Hardpoint. Makes the remainder of the game a slog.

SmallWind

Hey PC peeps, what are your origin names? I'll added you guys so we can team up for some games during the weekend. Feel free to add me too, origin name is below.

Origin: z3ro_game

Mr Croft

Know what... If you can't beat em join em lol. I'm using the carbine with holosight and arc cannon particle wall too. I'm done putting myself at a handicap because those weapons will always be the best

Omega

Banned
Know what... If you can't beat em join em lol. I'm using the carbine with holosight and arc cannon particle wall too. I'm done putting myself at a handicap because those weapons will always be the best

whoa.

it's one or the other man, you can't do both.

at least not right away. you can't go full scumbag mode instantly.

Omega

Banned
It blows my mind how bad people are

It's not like we're playing CS or Quake. This game isn't that fucking hard.

Omega

Banned
Since when was the Arc cannon better than 40mm? Did they patch it up our something?

arc cannon on its own isnt bad. with capicitor/particle wall, its ridiculous.

Only way to really stop it is if the team has idiots and the arc cannon guy has to focus on two titans that aren't close together. If he doesn't have to worry about that, he can wreck shit on his own. It has ridiculous range and chains.

I went from 2kill 1assist down 0-3, to 13 kills 15assists on LTS during a 4-3 comeback.

If you nerf the arc cannon it will basically force anyone who uses it to have a particle wall with it. Its not hard to outgun someone using it, especially with capacitor since it has a long charge. Nerf it and youre too much of a sitting duck if you use it.

Use your dashes well and hit the Titan charging at the right times, it fucks the stability up and makes shots miss a lot more.

TrueGrime

If you nerf the arc cannon it will basically force anyone who uses it to have a particle wall with it. Its not hard to outgun someone using it, especially with capacitor since it has a long charge. Nerf it and youre too much of a sitting duck if you use it.

Use your dashes well and hit the Titan charging at the right times, it fucks the stability up and makes shots miss a lot more.

You're saying that as if particle wall isn't used already. It takes three capacitor shots at medium range to doom a titan. Add the same if not more if not one less for an ogre for dash and a secondary missile system and we've got a problem here. This is all before we get into the fact that it's one hit in-direct kills of pilots that chain is ridiculous. Oh yeah, and chaining of damage between titans that want to stick together to defend against arc cannons.

TrueGrime

Also no game time for me this weekend, Brehs. Girlfriend is headed home to Ukraine for 8 weeks and she wants to spend some quality time with me.

:)

Not a fan of people using holosight. At least aim with the carbine for christ sakes! I think holosight should be removed from the Carbine.

It blows my mind how bad people are

It's not like we're playing CS or Quake. This game isn't that fucking hard.

People are stupid. Real stupid. I don't know why but 90% of the people online lack common sense. It's mind boggling.

Not a fan of people using holosight. At least aim with the carbine for christ sakes! I think holosight should be removed from the Carbine

I have seen you whine about that a lot you act like the holosight aims for you. The carbine is good all around no matter what sight is on it. I prefer the iron sights myself but the holosight is no different then a red dot in call of duty. If someone can aim you are gonna get melted no matter what site they use.

I have seen you whine about that a lot you act like the holosight aims for you. The carbine is good all around no matter what sight is on it. I prefer the iron sights myself but the holosight is no different then a red dot in call of duty. If someone can aim you are gonna get melted no matter what site they use.

eh, not necessarily. Though what you say is true, it is definitely "easier" to aim with the holosight for most people.

It's safe to assume this is why some amped variants got the holosight attachment. No?

eh, not necessarily. Though what you say is true, it is definitely "easier" to aim with the holosight for most people.

It's safe to assume this is why some amped variants got the holosight attachment. No?

What's so much easier about ? I actually don't like that they added the holosight to the amped car. I prefer the iron sights on my car that holosight bounces all over the place on that gun. Maybe it's becuase I have played cod for so long I generally prefer a good iron sight on my guns.

It's a bigger reticule and for most people that is easier. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that? It allows you to spray a bit more accurately.

But your bullets go to the same place regardless of the sight. You even loose some of your field of view because it has some zoom. If anything the hcog is the most open optic why aren't you complaining about that one?

I just don't think a sight can make the gun over powerd the carbine is just the best all around weapon you still have to burst it a little now at range. The way you talk this holosight turns it into a smart gun.

If they remove any attachment to balance the gun it should be the silencer then your atleast give up staying off the mini map when using the carbine.

Obscured

From now on I'm playing hemlock and vortex shield (I'm not even going to shoot, just use their own bullets against them).

If we are ever beating a team by twice their score I'm switching to b3 wingman.

TrueGrime

Agreed. IMO, you need to know how to aim already before using that sight with a smaller field of vision. That's why in CoD games I preferred the open red dot sight. Using the holosight won't give you a huge advantage like some state here.

TrueGrime

From now on I'm playing hemlock and vortex shield (I'm not even going to shoot, just use their own bullets against them).

If we are ever beating a team by twice their score I'm switching to b3 wingman.

Vortex shield stops arc cannon shots right?

You're saying that as if particle wall isn't used already. It takes three capacitor shots at medium range to doom a titan. Add the same if not more if not one less for an ogre for dash and a secondary missile system and we've got a problem here. This is all before we get into the fact that it's one hit in-direct kills of pilots that chain is ridiculous. Oh yeah, and chaining of damage between titans that want to stick together to defend against arc cannons.

YMMV I guess. When I run into arc users they rarely use the wall. I myself use smoke to fend off Pilots. I don't have a problem with anything else you listed, all seems balanced to me. If the arc didn't have these advantages it would be worthless as a titan weapon.

Gen 8, the challenges seem reasonable! freshly squeezed might make me abuse the stryder a bit with rockets, see how it goes.

The latest update seems to have made everyone in my games a little more 'jumpy' as they move around, like they skip between spots more then ever, I have a solid bar connection and don't see this problem in other games and it's actually made me miss shots at range, it's just more common now for foes to warp around as they run.

But your bullets go to the same place regardless of the sight. You even loose some of your field of view because it has some zoom. If anything the hcog is the most open optic why aren't you complaining about that one?

I just don't think a sight can make the gun over powerd the carbine is just the best all around weapon you still have to burst it a little now at range. The way you talk this holosight turns it into a smart gun.

If they remove any attachment to balance the gun it should be the silencer then your atleast give up staying off the mini map when using the carbine.

You have made some good points but i still contend that it takes less to use the holosight than the other scopes.

Silencer is no longer an issue after this update. Using it limits the carbines effective range by a great deal not to mention also forgoing extended mag makes it a no go.

THis ones for you Truegrime
http://gameclipscontent-d2009.xboxl..._=1406947539_ed1cb06ef81f061d9c84c4ec775181e0

Can't kill what you can barely hit ;)

Omega

Banned
People are stupid. Real stupid. I don't know why but 90% of the people online lack common sense. It's mind boggling.

it is.

I get that not everyone is going to have the reflexes/aim to have a great K/D, but be good at something.

If it's CTF, don't go for the flag if A) you have no idea how to wallrun B) you refuse to jump on your teammates titan

I get matched up with people who go 0-10 in an attrition with 3 bot kills. THEY PUT BOTS IN THE GAME FOR PEOPLE LIKE THEM

just thinking about it annoys me.

TrueGrime

This moment had me scratching my head. This guy survives my neck snap, but dies to a jump kick? C'mon netcode.

75221-Mass-Effect-head-turn-around-g-zX9l.gif

Izuna

Banned
The "Overkill" Achievement is 100% broken. I have tried to kill 15 more Titans and it still won't pop. Not playing until I hear something about it being fixed... =(

Top Bottom