• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Kilrathi

Playing on the PC, and my audio in game is broken completely.

It cuts in and out and other times its comes in all staticy at times.

I have a Sound Blaster Z installed in my rig

it is.

If it's CTF, don't go for the flag if A) you have no idea how to wallrun B) you refuse to jump on your teammates titan

Thats the most appalling thing to me. Is there an achievement for running the flag? i don't remember. Even if there is take the lead first before doing that shit. It's crazy.

Matchmaking is so horrid because of these achievements for regen. Maybe matchmaking should focus more on individual stats than win/loss or whatever they do.

Phisto

Neo Member
If a Vortex Shield is full of ammo and an Arc Cannon causes it to fail, anyone know what happens?

Also, gotten pretty nasty with the Smart Pistol/Bottomless Frags/Arc Grenade combo. I'm surprised I don't see it more.

If a Vortex Shield is full of ammo and an Arc Cannon causes it to fail, anyone know what happens?

Also, gotten pretty nasty with the Smart Pistol/Bottomless Frags/Arc Grenade combo. I'm surprised I don't see it more.

PC or Console?

Pistol stinks on console.

PC and 360. I've had great success with both.

PC i've heard it can get pretty annoying. Console, not so much. I have yet to run into someone on console using a smart pistol and thinking 'hell with that guy'. Smart Pistol is a disadvantage compared to some other options.

Success.. you could have success kicking people the whole match.

Phisto

Neo Member
PC i've heard it can get pretty annoying. Console, not so much. I have yet to run into someone on console using a smart pistol and thinking 'hell with that guy'. Smart Pistol is a disadvantage compared to some other options.

Success.. you could have success kicking people the whole match.

Haha, but there's less flying involved with kicking.

Phisto

Neo Member
Lost three games in a row. Turned things around that fourth. Felt good.

Nice, that's the best. Had an LTS game last night, we were down 2-0 quick, then battled back to 3-3. Two buddies and I (two Titans and a Pilot) were chasing a Stryder, who I guess was trying for a tie. Pilot on foot ended up rodeo'ing him with 30 seconds left.

tauke

Just sent friend request to all PC brehs here. My Origin ID is taukeke.

Going solo for now to do whatever daily challenges.

Well damn, got floored by some overly skilled players. 73/300 score. Get out.

What good is the money for? Anything else beside cards and stamps?

And also, is Hemlok really that terrible? What's the benefit of staying Gen 1 since launch week?

Obscured

Vortex shield stops arc cannon shots right?

Ha, good point, I'm just going to melee then.

To switch directions and actually be serious the arc canon is kind of ridiculous. I wasn't a fan of it for whatever gen that challenge was, but using it again when trying to get all the unlocks I warmed up to it. I still like chaingun the most, but now I'll always have an arc canon build at the ready if things go south.

But I am actually using the hemlock a lot now.

it is.

I get that not everyone is going to have the reflexes/aim to have a great K/D, but be good at something.

If it's CTF, don't go for the flag if A) you have no idea how to wallrun B) you refuse to jump on your teammates titan

I get matched up with people who go 0-10 in an attrition with 3 bot kills. THEY PUT BOTS IN THE GAME FOR PEOPLE LIKE THEM

just thinking about it annoys me.

CTF solo is a rough slog. I was playing one game and went and grabbed the flag on a Titan waiting just outside, who then proceeded to stand around until the other team sent all of their Titans to kill us. I played defense the rest of that game.

TrueGrime

To switch directions and actually be serious the arc canon is kind of ridiculous. I wasn't a fan of it for whatever gen that challenge was, but using it again when trying to get all the unlocks I warmed up to it. I still like chaingun the most, but now I'll always have an arc canon build at the ready if things go south.

I say fuck it. Going to use it as soon as I finish with the 40mm.

Phisto

Neo Member
Well damn, got floored by some overly skilled players. 73/300 score. Get out.

What good is the money for? Anything else beside cards and stamps?

And also, is Hemlok really that terrible? What's the benefit of staying Gen 1 since launch week?

Just the cards and stamps, but once you find cards you love it's great to stock up.

I like the Hemlock with the ACOG or Holosight. Since Update 4, it's taken the place of the Carbine at longer ranges. Think of it like the FAMAS from CoD or a more accurate BR from Halo. Can't speak to the Starburst mod, as I don't really like it, but I've seen some people do really well at closer ranges because of it.

Don't really feel any of the guns in the game are terrible anymore (even the Kraber), it's just a matter of learning them and seeing if they suit your purposes.

TrueGrime

HelloMeow

Yes.

-You popped smoke.
-You got out of your titan just before it got terminated.
-You rodeo'd the titan terminating your titan.
-He got doomed because of your smoke.
-He ejected, taking you with him.
-Your smoke hit him.
-He hit you mid air.
-He fell down into the water, but you got the kill because your smoke hit him.

That was pretty chaotic.

Navy Bean

But I am actually using the hemlock a lot now.

CTF solo is a rough slog. I was playing one game and went and grabbed the flag on a Titan waiting just outside, who then proceeded to stand around until the other team sent all of their Titans to kill us. I played defense the rest of that game.
I'm on level 5 now and the arc canon is awesome. But, it absolutely takes some time to learn. Once you do, though, it wrecks shit. The only way it loses is if somebody rushes you but thankfully most people don't.

Still have 3 more f'ing goosers to get...

Tokubetsu

Loving these new maps. Really solid. Capcitor is wow. I went from struggling to doom titans to regularly totally outperforming other titans. I have become lightning death.

Izuna

Banned
I still rock the 40mm but I will try the Arc Cannon today.

I still think the 40mm has to be the best because of the critical hit damage.

According to Xbox forums, my achievements should pop in a few days after a supposed "fix".

So yesterday I legit got 100%, I just can't brag about it with pictures.

Izuna

Banned
bXTYFnb.png

*sniffles*

AHHHH

Special C

It just outclasses all other Titan weapons. 40mm is still good too

Chaingun deserves some love, it not for the fact that it totally wrecks pilots in less than 1 second. Triple Threat is really really good in certain maps in LTS but it is very situational.

Get out of here with that Plasma rail gun trash though.

tauke

aZgLOfv.jpg

That was a nice comeback when my 300+ ping is stressing me out with hard to predict if I get the kill or get killed instead.

tauke

Kx62n1V.png

This is a bit silly. It's because I make kills with vortex shield rockets.

Same here. I guess quad rocket fires slowly (like real slow) and the splash damage helps to make it more efficient.

Sometimes I'm tired with some folks who uses aimbot. The last match I played have this guy ADS his compact SMG on me perfectly while I'm jumping around like a maniac. Also happened again when I was in a firefight in tight quarters where I still managed to stay alive only for the same dude join in the fight and instant perfect ADS lock on again through the killcam. Bleh.

Special C

Solo CTF woes

aZAyYO9.jpg

Obscured

second clip is my favorite.

1. That guy had to be mad
2. I get 3 kills with the arc cannon

I didn't realize how much we were picking on that guy, kudos to him for staying in games with us. Three of mine below he is on the receiving end. I'm pouring one out right now for Bojangles 83.

The hemlock is good dammit!
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274792275196&gamertag=Mouroutaru&vid=cb21960c-645d-4c5f-9f70-ca7f4cb2364a

Me being just an absolute jerk
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274792275196&gamertag=Mouroutaru&vid=a2aa9abe-abf9-4545-b66c-fe2c2888b774

I get a kill while Red does a trick
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274792275196&gamertag=Mouroutaru&vid=02d83265-54bc-4180-ac4c-e05463f72c52

Watching Croft's back
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274792275196&gamertag=Mouroutaru&vid=06ef3d0d-de17-4f23-a581-324c0bdf33f4

Only worth it for the end, watch the pilot try to get to his titan
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274792275196&gamertag=Mouroutaru&vid=b0a3b6c3-6970-4a53-bb79-d9c49850ce13

Back on the arc cannon discussion the one we almost lost last night was us 4v6 for several rounds and we went down 3-0. I and I think Croft switched to arc cannon (and maybe some others) and we pulled the comeback. It was like flipping the easy switch.

I'll miss you guys tonight, I've got a woodstock theme party to go to and will probably forget my own name by 8pm or so.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
How is the matchmaking still so shit? Every other game I'm getting teamed up with people still on there first match.

Are you from Europe and on PC version? We should play together sometime.

Jito

Banned
Are you from Europe and on PC version? We should play together sometime.

Yeh I'm on EU West, add MrStabby6 when you're next on!

Edit:Getting soooooo many "Connection timed out" messages lately as well, nothing changed on my end of the connection so something is fucking up on the servers. Really a pain in the ass using a burn card only to get disconnected from the match and lose the card before using it.

Edit:Edit:Well here's the cherry on top to end my pretty poor night on Titanfall. Already been disconnected from 3 games tonight mid game, but this one happened a second after joining a game.

What does it even mean?!

Mr Croft

Back on the arc cannon discussion the one we almost lost last night was us 4v6 for several rounds and we went down 3-0. I and I think Croft switched to arc cannon (and maybe some others) and we pulled the comeback. It was like flipping the easy switch.

I'll miss you guys tonight, I've got a woodstock theme party to go to and will probably forget my own name by 8pm or so.

Man you saved me in that clip. I had my charge rifle out then tried to switch back to my car but had no ammo. I panicked tried to double jump... Just a mess lol. And yea that guy tired to get into his Titan and lol "not today sir."

And yup 4-6 we lose the first round and I drop a bagel on that round. I put on arc cannon end the set with 9 or 10 Titan kills and no deaths.

Argonomic

Yeh I'm on EU West, add MrStabby6 when you're next on!

Edit:Getting soooooo many "Connection timed out" messages lately as well, nothing changed on my end of the connection so something is fucking up on the servers. Really a pain in the ass using a burn card only to get disconnected from the match and lose the card before using it.

Edit:Edit:Well here's the cherry on top to end my pretty poor night on Titanfall. Already been disconnected from 3 games tonight mid game, but this one happened a second after joining a game.

What does it even mean?!

It means you found a bug. Fortunately those details are enough for us to fix it, so thanks for posting.

"Connection timed out" is something else, will investigate on Monday.

Izuna

Banned
It means you found a bug. Fortunately those details are enough for us to fix it, so thanks for posting.

"Connection timed out" is something else, will investigate on Monday.

Tell your team that Haven is awesome.

And tell them that all of the new maps need a Hardpoint playlist. Attrition is my fav mode, but I wanna play the DLC in Hardpoint.

EDIT: GF is letting me stay up and play Titanfall tonight (after 1AM) and even cooked for me so I can kick ass with a full stomach. She looked at my me playing and the Xbox One said "Hi Erika" -- she replied in the cutest Japanese accent "Hi Xbox"

Mr Croft

Tell your team that Haven is awesome.

And tell them that all of the new maps need a Hardpoint playlist. Attrition is my fav mode, but I wanna play the DLC in Hardpoint.

yea haven is awesome lol. The map just looks nice and colorful. I wanted a playlist with all six new maps tho :(

I have noticed way more people using the arc cannon. That thing is tough. I'll stick with my rapid fire quad rockets.

It's a titan killer that's why. I usually use the chain gun because i play a lot of CTF where you gotta take out pilots quick.

I pull out the arc if my team is at a big titan disadvantage though.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Does anyone in Australia even play this game.
No matter what game mode i choose im left finding teammates for 30+ minutes.

Im sure campaign is dead, but shouldnt attrition and hardpoint still have some players?
Is there anyway to check players in a playlist like in COD?
Or just a server browser so im not stuck finding teammates indefinitely.

P.S Is it really too late for me to ever play the campaign? There is still no work around to let me play it?

Top Bottom