• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Izuna

Banned
What makes me annoyed is that you think your opinion is the only valid one and that there is no way in the realm of possibility that there will be a different outcome from which you decide.

This discussion started because there were comments that the Arc Cannon should be nerfed and that it ruined the game because without it you cannot win again a team using it.

I am disagreeing, and am trying to say it is balanced.

TrueGrime

This discussion started because there were comments that the Arc Cannon should be nerfed and that it ruined the game because without it you cannot win again a team using it.

I am disagreeing, and am trying to say it is balanced.

You are entitled to your own opinion. And with nothing but words to back it up. Not even a clip of you against a capable player that uses the arc cannon.

I provided weapon specs from the site, I provided clips that showed long range arc cannon damage, and I also have the backing of the guys that I've been playing with day in and day out for weeks on end.

So yeah, you can keep your own opinion. I'm done.

Obscured

Let's fight about something else.

There is no reason to use any ordnance other than cluster missile. EVER! (In caps because serioz bidness)

Omega

Banned
Let's fight about something else.

There is no reason to use any ordnance other than cluster missile. EVER! (In caps because serioz bidness)

rocket salvo and slaved are booty. MMS isn't too bad

Whenever I regen'd and didn't have cluster missiles unlocked I would just have my titan on auto.

Now that I'm Gen 10 and have no requirements, I figured I'd do all the challenges for fun. I don't even think I've made any progress on rocket salvo..

Izuna

Banned
You are entitled to your own opinion. And with nothing but words to back it up. Not even a clip of you against a capable player that uses the arc cannon.

I provided weapon specs from the site, I provided clips that showed long range arc cannon damage, and I also have the backing of the guys that I've been playing with day in and day out for weeks on end.

So yeah, you can keep your own opinion. I'm done.

I'm confused though. Do you think I am lying about not losing to an Arc Cannon?

The point of challenging you to a 1v1 was so that I could play against a good player.

I have argued most points you said because I don't agree. Fair enough. I don't think Arc Cannon is OP. I guess that's the end of discussion then.

IMHO, respawn know very well the power of the Arc Cannon. The 40mm is the way it is because for skilled players it is a way to give them reward for having good aim, giving the game a balance because no one had great aim always. Titanfall finds a way to make new players and hard-core players to have a fun time together. Arc Cannon is that. I am not trying to say you're horrible or anything, but that in theory the 40mm is definitely better.

In LTS, all around can work together in a team. 6 40mms would be hard to deal with as with 6 of any weapon.

TrueGrime

tumblr_m4maiob3aO1qf78bc.gif

HelloMeow

I really don't see the issue. The arc cannon's usefullness is very situational. If you can land most critical hits, the 40mm is way better.

How can they be easy to dodge? You can only dash out of the way

The fact that you're saying this to me shows me you may not know what you're talking about. This game, surprisingly, has decent strafe abilities. You CAN avoid bullets by going side to side. Watch some of the videos i posted.

40mm is probably the easiest weapon to do this against.

A and B. Lts is the only skillful gametype in titanfall. And c'mon it is an fps of course its going to have game battles.

stop... This 1v1 stuff is hurting son of sams feelings!

look until the 40mm is chain blasts like arc cannon chain lightning it will always be inferior. I dont know how many times I shoot an auto titan and randomly chain a pilot with it too.
Woah, ok there's so much wrong here i have to step in. =]

-LTS is not the only skillful gametype in this game. How can you say this? It only has 1 element of Titanfall at play.. Titan battles. Given the dominance of arc/particle wall that makes this even worse to consider. Not because it's just 1 weapon, but because of how the combo actually works (hide behind and shoot, blah blah)

-If anything, 1v1 titanbattles makes the most sense since it's not a split second kill time. And no you aren't hurting my feelings because i never meant 1v1 in my comment to TrueGrime, he took it as such, not my fault. I find it funny and am glad to continue the joke.

I don't know why some people think this game is "easy" or lacks "skill". I find this to be way more skillful and challenging than any COD game for sure. I know, not saying much, but i've seen a few really good players but 100x more really bad players even guys at gen 10 with hundreds of hours played. There is skill at play here for sure. Fast movement+insane twitch crushes a majority of FPS players. They just can't handle it. You "brehs" play on a team, it's easy to glide on by with a team and obliterate fools so the game may seem a bit different to some of you in terms of how skillull and individually dominate you can actually be(?)

tauke

Can't really sleep now due to really humid weather.

So to chime in my opinion, I find Arc Cannon can be overpowered if you stick around with other allies due to the chain effect but only if the charge is full.

I still can counter it by closing in to them and blast them with whatever damage I have (often Cluster Missile but Rocket Salvo can be handy to up close).

Although this in on PC so I'm not sure how's the tactic when using a gamepad.

Jito

Banned
Didn't even one of the Respawn guys come in and say it's pretty OP...

It's all I see anyone using lately on PC with the particle wall, shit is annoying but it's beatable. Just gotta get a sneaky cluster rocket round the particle wall and they usually just stand there right in the damage without even noticing, then I just Stryder dash my way around behind them and BAM!

I love the AC chain kills. It might be a little annoying sometimes to be killed by it, but it's just one of the advantages of the weapon that balances out its weaknesses. Just a little earlier today I got 2 of them while shooting an auto-titan (and a 3rd kill from the cluster I fired into it). Thems the breaks when you try to cower in fear near titans! Clip ends right as another pilot goes cloak but instead of hiding or just running away, he wall runs and double jumps off walls so I see his exhaust and kill him.

TrueGrime

Didn't even one of the Respawn guys come in and say it's pretty OP...

It's all I see anyone using lately on PC with the particle wall, shit is annoying but it's beatable. Just gotta get a sneaky cluster rocket round the particle wall and they usually just stand there right in the damage without even noticing, then I just Stryder dash my way around behind them and BAM!

Yes they did.

I love the AC chain kills. It might be a little annoying sometimes to be killed by it, but it's just one of the advantages of the weapon that balances out its weaknesses. Just a little earlier today I got 2 of them while shooting an auto-titan (and a 3rd kill from the cluster I fired into it). Thems the breaks when you try to cower in fear near titans! Clip ends right as another pilot goes cloak but instead of hiding or just running away, he wall runs and double jumps off walls so I see his exhaust and kill him.

Your clip is a perfect example of good maneuvering with the arc cannon while keeping it powered up for your next shot.

I tried to play Titanfall today for the first time since launch. I don't have any of the DLC and it took 20 minutes to find a match.

Is this normal?

Izuna

Banned
He didn't say it was OP, he said it was powerful and was kept the way it was because they didn't see it was an issue.

The clip doesn't show any special dashing that somehow stops a 40mm from hitting.

If you dash (which assuming you are Atlas) you only have two. Unless you are running away you're not going to stop someone from getting about 80% of their shots connecting. Dashing works against the Arc Cannon too. There is no way 1v1 Arc Cannon does more damage than a 40mm.

I have been playing the DLC maps since they came out on EU and East US. Unless somehow I have only been playing against rubbish people, the ARC Cannon is not a problem for this game. But sure, if you want respawn to nerf it, they by all means.

HelloMeow

I want an option to initiate rodeoing with a button. The number of times I get sucked onto some titan's back is getting annoying.

Sometimes it's even through walls.

Obscured

Arc canon - remove distortion effect, lower range, prevent arc from jumping from titans to pilots (if it hits pilot first).

But guys, seriously, we are arguing about the OP nature of cluster missiles now. LIke, I don't know why I even try.
by seriously, I mean not seriously.

Also don't nerf carbine, but improve hipfire of hemlock.

Also as anticipated, scrublord is already taken and appropriately they have 0 gamerscore, being a scrublord and all. Lord Scrub is also taken, also 0 gamerscore.

On Export, why would anyone ever go on the cliff? I don't know how some of you have kills setting the trap, because I've only seen a person go up there once and it was LTS.

Omega

Banned
Arc canon - remove distortion effect, lower range, prevent arc from jumping from titans to pilots (if it hits pilot first).

That's too much, that would just make it a weaker plasma railgun which shouldn't even be in the game to begin with.

Removing both distortion and chaining hurts the gun too much. Keep one, get rid of the other.

It still needs some positives otherwise you might as well remove it so we're not stuck with two useless weapons

why not just decrease the particle wall time? or damage it takes and leave the arc alone

One of the funny things about CTF is when the other team starts losing and gets frustrated then start throwing waves and waves of men at the flag. I'm always reminded of that line from Zap Brannigan in Futurama.

Obscured

That's too much, that would just make it a weaker plasma railgun which shouldn't even be in the game to begin with.

Removing both distortion and chaining hurts the gun too much. Keep one, get rid of the other.

It still needs some positives otherwise you might as well remove it so we're not stuck with two useless weapons

I was thinking it would still chain, just not from titan to pilot. So if there are three titans grouped it would still chain amongst them, but if there was a pilot just sitting around them it wouldn't jump to him. If you shot at a pilot first though it would hit him and then chain, but you'd have to actually aim.

actually getting rid of distortion might be enough. I think that also increases the frustration at fighting arc canon users. I've noticed most people don't like game mechanics that decrease their ability to control what is happening on screen.

why not just decrease the particle wall time? or damage it takes and leave the arc alone]

Also might be reasonable, although all particle wall really gives you is a way to throw down an immediate block. If you are good at charging up around corners and peaking out, which I would think many of those players are, then that might not end up having much of an effect.

I'd watch that on FX on a saturday afternoon several years after release with limited commercial interruption while recovering from a hangover.

Destiny.. just come out already.
pls.

Can't wait till we can fight about AR being OP

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Respawn shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much you know about Last Titan Standing (I'm an expert), but balance and skill are huge parts of it. It's not like Attrition where you can win by farming bots and spamming satchel charges. If you release an overpowered weapon like the Arc Cannon, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is a nerf.

What this means for the average Titanfall player, after learning that only members of The Elite Commando 40MM Cannon Assassin Unit ™ are capable of besting the Arc Cannon, will quit playing Titanfall and will not purchase any more games made by Respawn. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Respawn have alienated most of it's player base with this move.

Respawn, nerf the Arc Cannon or kiss your player base goodbye.

TrueGrime

I don't know how much you know about Last Titan Standing (I'm an expert), but balance and skill are huge parts of it. It's not like Attrition where you can win by farming bots and spamming satchel charges. If you release an overpowered weapon like the Arc Cannon, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is a nerf.

What this means for the average Titanfall player, after learning that only members of The Elite Commando 40MM Cannon Assassin Unit ™ are capable of besting the Arc Cannon, will quit playing Titanfall and will not purchase any more games made by Respawn. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Respawn have alienated most of it's player base with this move.

/fucking dead
LMAO

Mr Croft

What this means for the average Titanfall player, after learning that only members of The Elite Commando 40MM Cannon Assassin Unit ™ capable of besting the Arc Cannon, will quit playing Titanfall and will not purchase any more games made by Respawn. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Respawn have alienated most of it's player base with this move.

OMG that unit tho!!!! I'm done! Post if the month lmao!

Obscured

Golf clap. 9/10, would read again.

Izuna

Banned
Well you're right. There is no reason for me to share any opinion or ask to play with anyone in this thread. I may as well not share clips or screenshots.

I'm done with this community thread. Laugh at me on my way out if you want.

TrueGrime

Well you're right. There is no reason for me to share any opinion or ask to play with anyone in this thread. I may as well not share clips or screenshots.

Because all of us share the same opinion is this thread right?

Omega

Banned

To quote the immortal Pimpwerx

PEACE

just a forum bro

TrueGrime

Stop ruining this thread please.

Who is ruining what? Just because there are differences of opinion? Just because we like to joke around? Just because someone feels like they need to leave the thread for whatever reason?

What constitutes the ruining of this thread?

HelloMeow

I'm seeing people taking arguments about the game personally and ridiculing the people making those arguments. It doesnt help the thread.

I respect your opinion. I also know that people may not experience what others are talking about for whatever reason and the only way to really show someone is to play with them. So, If you want to play let me know.

I don't want the Arc nerfed, the better way to fix this issue in my opinion would be to turn up the Titan drop time. Though, that doesn't help in LTS but fuck LTS i don't play that =)

TrueGrime

I'm seeing people taking arguments about the game personally and ridiculing the people making those arguments. It doesnt help the thread.

Be specific. If you're going to call someone out then be specific. All I'm seeing is someone taking things on a game forum far too personally. No one is being ridiculed but I'm going to assume you're talking about the post we're all laughing at with the joke about the 40mm.

Mr Croft

I respect your opinion. I also know that people may not experience what others are talking about for whatever reason and the only way to really show someone is to play with them. So, If you want to play let me know.

I don't want the Arc nerfed, the better way to fix this issue in my opinion would be to turn up the Titan drop time. Though, that doesn't help in LTS but fuck LTS i don't play that =)

increase titan drop time? I dont see that working... Well maybe... Its a start

increase titan drop time? I dont see that working... Well maybe... Its a start

When you're playing against a decent group the game bogs down because titans drop every second. It's too much.

Any type of real competitive playlist must increase the time it takes to call in a titan. This would also help curb the prominence of the arc dominating.

TrueGrime

Actually, I love gamebattles rules.

Respawn Delay: 5 Seconds
Titan First Build Time: 5 Minutes
Titan Rebuild Time: 3.5 Minutes

Top Bottom