• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

TrueGrime

Dude.. where the fuck was that second pilot you hit in the first vid? Down the fucking street? And nice 2 v 1. Still not better than my 2 v 1, but still nice. :)

Here's the clip of the night from last night.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...jjam&vid=c131035b-b8f0-4b15-b404-a8b20e9fd286 - Croft totally killing the flag carrier and forgetting he has the flag himself only to DIE.

Omega

Banned
Dude.. where the fuck was that second pilot you hit in the first vid? Down the fucking street?

I'm pretty sure none of us know. Arc Cannon just sucks that much the game felt bad for him and decided to give him another kill.

and at around the 0:08 clip in "Arc cannon stuff" that's not even the max distance it'll chain..you didn't even care about the second dude and probably still did half damage (including shields)

I know I said long ago to drop the debate, but here's two videos showing how stupid this gun is. They aren't even on his screen. he either has no idea where they are or just doesn't care because he doesn't have to.

Jito

Banned
I can't imagine how many controller players get turned on in the PC version..

None at all from my experience man, I've never seen anyone get any stick for using a controller because you can't tell at all. Unless you meant a different kind of turned on....;D

garath

I'm pretty sure none of us know. Arc Cannon just sucks that much the game felt bad for him and decided to give him another kill.

and at around the 0:08 clip in "Arc cannon stuff" that's not even the max distance it'll chain..you didn't even care about the second dude and probably still did half damage (including shields)

I know I said long ago to drop the debate, but here's two videos showing how stupid this gun is. They aren't even on his screen. he either has no idea where they are or just doesn't care because he doesn't have to.

I don't know. What I saw was 4 second charge times between shots where you'd easily get 4 40mm cannon shots off. That 4 second charge didn't even kill the titan. It took 3 full charges plus a melee to kill a titan at 3/4 health with no shields. It doesn't take 12 40mm shots to kill a titan, even from full shields. A fight that took 20 seconds to resolve could have been over in half the time with the 40mm. Without arc damage I'd call the arc cannon underpowered.

You do know all the heat from the conversation comes from the stubborn insistence that the arc cannon is OP to the point of scumbag status. Anyone who is saying that the 40mm keeps up with it in a number of scenarios is getting verbally stomped on despite their reasonings. Not much of a discussion.

Omega

Banned
I don't know. What I saw was 4 second charge times between shots where you'd easily get 4 40mm cannon shots off. That 4 second charge didn't even kill the titan. It took 3 full charges plus a melee to kill a titan at 3/4 health with no shields. It doesn't take 12 40mm shots to kill a titan, even from full shields. A fight that took 20 seconds to resolve could have been over in half the time with the 40mm. Without arc damage I'd call the arc cannon underpowered.

You do know all the heat from the conversation comes from the stubborn insistence that the arc cannon is OP to the point of scumbag status. Anyone who is saying that the 40mm keeps up with it in a number of scenarios is getting verbally stomped on despite their reasonings. Not much of a discussion.

probably because no one has posted a video. Just a bunch of dudes saying they have 100% accuracy and that the 40MM is the best without ever actually posting anything to support it.

Meanwhile you have people saying the arc cannon is stupid and posting videos and stats, and the only counter is herp derp get better aim like me

garath

probably because no one has posted a video. Just a bunch of dudes saying they have 100% accuracy and that the 40MM is the best without ever actually posting anything to support it.

Meanwhile you have people saying the arc cannon is stupid and posting videos and stats, and the only counter is herp derp get better aim like me

Not as easy to record a video like that on PC. :(

Though I don't think the videos I've seen with the arc cannon are really doing a lot for the OP cause either. The skill difference between the video poster and the opponents have been very one sided.

HelloMeow

Meanwhile you have people saying the arc cannon is stupid
You act as if everyone who doesn't think the arc cannon is OP is saying that it's useless. That's not what most people are saying. I think that has been made clear.
and posting videos and stats,
The only stats I have seen were selectively quoted to only show max damage. If you want to compare stats, compare rpm and charge time too. The clips I have seen weren't representative at all either.
and the only counter is herp derp get better aim like me
No. The point that has been repeated and clarified plenty of times, is that if you hit most of your shots and get a good amount of critical hits, the 40MM will win from an arc cannon. If you choose to take it any other way, that's on you.

Omega

Banned
Not as easy to record a video like that on PC. :(

Though I don't think the videos I've seen with the arc cannon are really doing a lot for the OP cause either. The skill difference between the video poster and the opponents have been very one sided.

that's the problem.

Maybe the 40MM really is the best gun and the people on XB1 just suck with it. but even if I go on youtube and watch 40MM PC clips, it's mainly just showcasing the damage against stationary targets.

I use a Stryder. Most of the people that use the AC use a Stryder. We're the most mobile and weakest so we don't just stand there. Are you going to be able to consistently hit a titan that mobile to maximize the damage?

because me dashing around the map I don't actually have to see you. I can just zap a grunt and it'll chain to you or I can charge from behind a building, dash out and shoot you and dash right behind cover again.

In a straight up 1v1 with both titans just standing there trading blows, yes the 40MM will win. Most battles don't play out like that.

tauke

Was having so much trouble finding matches for SEA server. I did try West US but my connection drop right at the start of the match.

Still there is a lot of new players. Guess the ongoing sales are helping it.

TrueGrime

Are there truly 1 v 1 battles? Factor in the grunts and spectres taking pot shots at you then throw other pilots on foot gunning for your titan as well. Lots of other variables in the dynamic as well.

garath

that's the problem.

Maybe the 40MM really is the best gun and the people on XB1 just suck with it. but even if I go on youtube and watch 40MM PC clips, it's mainly just showcasing the damage against stationary targets.

I use a Stryder. Most of the people that use the AC use a Stryder. We're the most mobile and weakest so we don't just stand there. Are you going to be able to consistently hit a titan that mobile to maximize the damage?

because me dashing around the map I don't actually have to see you. I can just zap a grunt and it'll chain to you or I can charge from behind a building, dash out and shoot you and dash right behind cover again.

In a straight up 1v1 with both titans just standing there trading blows, yes the 40MM will win. Most battles don't play out like that.

You're right, most battles don't play out with both titans standing there immobile. But I'm failing to see how the arc cannon makes you a better shot than a 40mm. Both titans are going to move. If anything, the 40mm user has more margin for error. He doesn't have to only fire once every 4 seconds to dish out the damage. Yes, you can bounce shots. I think that's awesome. In fact, I think the bounce shots are the only reason the arc cannon is even useful. It just too low damage. But the way you are talking, you are assuming the arc user is hitting every shot every full charge and the opponent is just missing because you can dodge in and out in between charge shots.

I look at the clips I'm seeing just in this thread. Mr. Croft's 2v1 is a great example. He is hitting all his shots against moving targets whereas his opponents are missing all their shots. If you put a similarly skilled opponent against him who was using the 40mm who was capable of aiming with the same precision Mr. Croft was, the 40mm would win. It took him 12 seconds with three full charges to take down a 3/4 health, no shields titan. If a 40mm user was to hit say 70% of his shots in that time, then Mr. Croft would have died before getting the third charge shot off.

Stryder base health = 5500
40mm = 900 damage per shot
Firerate = 1.5/s

6 shots to dead if anything under full health means 100% hit rate and the titan is dead in 4 seconds. At a 70% hit rate it'll take 6 seconds.

Are there truly 1 v 1 battles? Factor in the grunts and spectres taking pot shots at you then throw other pilots on foot gunning for your titan as well. Lots of other variables in the dynamic as well.

No. Straight 1v1 isn't that common. That's where the ARC cannon becomes useful. Useful - not OP. The bounced shots means you might get more than just 2000 damage out every 4 seconds (using your damage picture you linked a few pages back). Because a 40mm is doing 5400 damage in that same 4 seconds if you hit every shot. Even if you miss HALF, it's still more damage to a single target.

tauke

If you happen to be at really high ground, it might be possible to face 1 vs 1 pilot battle. I just had twice 1 vs 1 after ejecting sky high at Haven and landed at a rooftop together with the ejected enemy pilot.

Battle ensues and I won hehe. :)

TrueGrime

You guys need to show me the receipts. Phrases like not missing with the 40mm, easy kills against skilled players, etc. keep being thrown around.

We've posted videos from everything from long distance chain pilot kills, to AC damage to shields and titans, to how to maneuver well with AC using particle wall, cluster/smoke, etc, indirect hits (what I mean by that is every other titan weapon the projectile needs to impact the target for a single kill. With the AC you merely need to "be close enough".)

Where are the pictures of that 95% 40mm accuracy stat as well as videos of said accuracy?

whitney-houston-show-me-the-receipts-gif.gif

TrueGrime

If you happen to be at really high ground, it might be possible to face 1 vs 1 pilot battle. I just had twice 1 vs 1 after ejecting sky high at Haven and landed at a rooftop together with the ejected enemy pilot.

Battle ensues and I won hehe. :)

Mid-air neck snap. Make it happen, Tauke.

garath

You guys need to show me the receipts. Phrases like not missing with the 40mm, easy kills against skilled players, etc. keep being thrown around.

We've posted videos from everything from long distance chain pilot kills, to AC damage to shields and titans, to how to maneuver well with AC using particle wall, cluster/smoke, etc, indirect hits (what I mean by that is every other titan weapon the projectile needs to impact the target for a single kill. With the AC you merely need to "be close enough".)

Where are the pictures of that 95% 40mm accuracy stat as well as videos of said accuracy?

whitney-houston-show-me-the-receipts-gif.gif

Yeah. You've shown some great videos with ARC cannon kills. I've seen nothing that looked OP.

You don't need 95% accuracy with the 40mm. That's the point. 50% or more and you're doing more single target titan damage. Higher than that and you can start to rival the arc cannon in DPS even against a group.

Mr. Croft has a 100% hitrate with the arc cannon over 20 seconds in the clip I was referring to. You're saying to me that somehow if he switched to a 40mm he wouldn't be able to keep his cursor on his target well enough to hit 70% of the shots? 80%? He looked pretty good to me. Even while charging he kept his target on lockdown. You get to fire 1.5 shots a second with a 40mm. At 900 damage a shot. That is more than he was dishing out with the ARC cannon.

TrueGrime

None at all from my experience man, I've never seen anyone get any stick for using a controller because you can't tell at all. Unless you meant a different kind of turned on....;D

As of late I've been pondering double dipping since the controller drivers are out and see what the PC hubbub is all about. :) If I do, I hope you're ready to carry me Jito.

Omega

Banned
i don't even care anymore. my origin ID is RobNBanks, my GT is on the spreadsheet. I'll 1v1, 1v2, 1v6

seems to be the only way this debate is ever going to end because in every clip posted someone wasn't skilled enough, no one wants to drop it and there's nothing but hypotheticals

TrueGrime

i don't even care anymore. my origin ID is RobNBanks, my GT is on the spreadsheet. I'll 1v1, 1v2, 1v6

seems to be the only way this debate is ever going to end because in every clip posted someone wasn't skilled enough, no one wants to drop it and there's nothing but hypotheticals

I GOT YOUR BACK SON

wonder_lick_RockyIV1784038.gif

Nope.

Currently rocking a 9.4 k/d against pilots, and I use 360/XB1 controller. Game feels amazing with a controller.

THat's totally possible and all but i'd find it hard to imagine you beating an equal opponent that's on kb/m. Unless Titanfall on PC has insane controller assist support i don't know about?

Omega

Banned
THat's totally possible and all but i'd find it hard to imagine you beating an equal opponent that's on kb/m. Unless Titanfall on PC has insane controller assist support i don't know about?

It's possible if he lobby hunts for the Gen 1s and played 5 matches

I'm curious to know everyones hours played, and gen achieved. Care to share people?

379 hours. Gen/level 10/50

Currently, Titanfall is the only game i own and play.

T.O.P

Banned
Yo brehs

Add me up if you need someone to fill up a free slot in the team

ID: KI Heisenberg

Just got back into the game, need to learn my way through the new maps :/

You need a hobby Sam. :)

I believe I'm around 160 hours Gen 8 lvl 50.

it's the only game i've played since getting an x1. literally, only game and will most likely be this way until Halo 2 MP and maybe NHL. Afterwards, i'll prob not play a video game until either Halo 5 or Titanfall 2.

Dakota47

Picked up the game earlier this week. Having a blast. I haven't had this much fun with an online shooter since TF2.

I went in blind btw, just learning while I play. Any tips? I read somewhere that you need to play story missions first so I am doing those.

Ji66a-Man

Picked up the game earlier this week. Having a blast. I haven't had this much fun with an online shooter since TF2.

I went in blind btw, just learning while I play. Any tips? I read somewhere that you need to play story missions first so I am doing those.

Campaign is just multiplayer with extra dialogue, prologues, and epilogues. You can unlock the Stryder at Lv 15 and Ogre at Lv 30.

Omega

Banned
Hey Omega, just sent you a friend request on origin for some future games.

i just logged off too lol

i'll get back on and accept but i'm most likely gonna be playing on X1 tonight (unless Croft stays on netflix and Nori stays on friends list)

Tawpgun

People actually playing together now?

I've been in Iceland for the past 5 weeks. Won't get back to my Xbone until the end of August but can't wait to play some more Tfall

Top Bottom