• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

KingV

Picked this up on 360 the other day for $20 so I had to dust the poor guy off. Having a blast, can't wait to see if the sequel goes ps4.

I think TF2 is going to be huge. The first one gets a lot right but is not as polished or fleshed out as it could be, but TF2 should address allow of the weaknesses.

hoyalawya

I think arc cannon is OP mainly in groups because it basically can put a whole group of titans in stunlock as they are blinded and you can hit all titans with 1 shot.

As a result, 3 titans without arc are at a definite disadvantage against 3 titans with arc. The arc can keep the other 3 blinded and hit all 3 opponents very efficiently because of the chaining. 40 mm can keep one titan off balance but can't do the same amount of splash.

The arc is doubly OP in areas where the geometry is really restrictive. I don't think there is an effective response apart from fighting fires with fire.

I agree. I have been running LTS with Atlas, arc cannon, wall, cluster missiles, core accelerator, and regen booster for a few weeks. I win most 1-v-1 against any other weapons especially in wide-open places in maps. For 40mm, I just keep the fight short-to-medium range and use my movement to make the other guy miss. Ogre 40mm usually cannot even touch me.

tauke

Odd was experiencing a really bad connection on any server.

Regardless of ping, my feedback is like rubber band effect where I'm teleporting once in a while. Pretty frustrating in CTF as I'm about to shoot someone and I died without seeing the enemy pilot shooting.

Then their killcam shows I'm just a retard who runs straight at them...

Special C

So is there an ETA on my 2 achievements popping? I was supposed to get Haven Victor and Export Victor, but they still haven't popped. I even have this problem with a Crimson Dragon achievement. I think I got those during the time when Live was screwy, but come on, 4 days later and they still haven't popped.

It's an Xbox Live issue. Overkill isn't popping despite shopwing 100% for me, and I killed a pilot with that retarded trap and it didn't pop. I am Also having a problem with a Crimson Dragon achievement (use 10 ampoules)

Omega

Banned
I am going to try out the Arc Cannon and tell you what I think.

I used it a bunch in previous challenges and didn't think it sucked, but it wasn't a 40mm with good aim...

EDIT: MVP at 98

Arc + Capacitor is powerful, kills as fast as 40mm never missing (without CHs).

I was able to Gooser EVERYTIME. I didn't use the Particle Wall because I don't like it as much, but there are downsides to the Arc Cannon that would make me not choose it over the 40mm.

First of all, without Capacitor, the damage sucks. With the Capacitor, you cannot dash or run while holding the charge. I get roughly the same amount of minion kills because the Cluster Missile handles it anyway.

EDIT:

Capacitor makes it impossible to chase after people who are running away since you can't run and charge, and the damage sucks. Even the Chaingun does more damage when CHing. Arc Cannon is not OP at all. Get better aim and use the 40mm for Attrition.

You don't need to run and chase people? If they run then oh well. Either I'll get you eventually or my teammates will. Unless you're a stat whore why does that even matter? Arc cannon sux cuz it gives me no points!

I also find it hilarious someone wants to tell me to git gud when they play Minion Hunter

jenniferlawrenceokay.gif

tauke

Arc Cannon? The big yellow one you have to charge? I hate that one. Easily the least useful. Have I even got any kills with it?

That will be the Plasma Railgun where you can hold charge indefinitely. The Arc Cannon release electric zap and you can't hold long once you fully charge it.

I find the Plasma Railgun the sniper rifle for Titan. It deals lot of damage at full charge but hard to hit small pilots who moves around a lot.

Alx

That will be the Plasma Railgun where you can hold charge indefinitely. The Arc Cannon release electric zap and you can't hold long once you fully charge it.

I find the Plasma Railgun the sniper rifle for Titan. It deals lot of damage at full charge but hard to hit small pilots who moves around a lot.

I got the achievement for killing a pilot with the railgun by shooting one mid-air. I should have recorded it because it will never happen again... :(

TrueGrime

I will bet anyone in this thread $30 if you can win a match 1 v 2 against 2 titans with the arc cannon w/ capacitor, wall, cluster missile.

Because with any other weapon besides arc cannon I can win a 1 v 2, 1 v 3 battle. It's impossible to do so against decent players w/ arc cannon.

THIS IS A REAL BET.

Izuna

Banned
You don't need to run and chase people? If they run then oh well. Either I'll get you eventually or my teammates will. Unless you're a stat whore why does that even matter? Arc cannon sux cuz it gives me no points!

I also find it hilarious someone wants to tell me to git gud when they play Minion Hunter

jenniferlawrenceokay.gif

Thankfully I can reply to all replies made to me since they are all missing one crucial point.

I understand that the Arc Cannon is good when used in groups. If 3 Titans all have Capacitor charged and shoot at one Titan, that Titan is down. This situation however only really happens in LTS.

The purpose of saying "get better aim" is because in a 1v1 fight, the 40mm shouldn't be missing a single shot. He may miss a CH, but otherwise there is no such thing as dashing around a 40mm user and dealing more damage when you cannot dash while charging.

This means that you also cannot chase down a Pilot worth the Capacitor. Without the capacitor, there is no easy you are winning a 1v1 fight with a competent 40mm user because the damage difference is insane.

40mm (assuming shields are gone) can take out an Orge in 4 or less CH without cluster or smoke. If you are somehow making 40mm users miss over half of their shots, it isn't worth saying the Arc Cannon is OP.

It sounds a lot like when people were saying the smart pistol was OP or that Satchel Charges are OP.

I'm LTS, a 3v3 team of really good 40mm users with smoke vs. a team of Arc Cannon users with Particle wall can go either way.

And about that comment of Minion Hunting... You are free to 1v1 me on Pilot Hunter, and I will still going minions as it gets me Titans much faster. We are also playing Titanfall, not CoD, where aim was the only thing that really matters.

Jito

Banned
Brilliant matchmaking hard at work here
g3rvGv1.png

Five high rank players in a lobby, let's put four of them on one team and put me on the other team with a load of Gen 2 players. Still getting penalised for having high stats and being good at the game, thanks Respawn...

tauke

Five high rank players in a lobby, let's put four of them on one team and put me on the other team with a load of Gen 2 players. Still getting penalised for having high stats and being good at the game, thanks Respawn...

I just avoid playing solo lately as it is just rage inducing when you are the MVP of a match and later you get paired up with the real under-performers in the next round...

TrueGrime

Sad. So very sad.

Still don't have my final achievement.
Still says 100%, yet locked. =(

That's where I'm sitting with the Graveyard achievement.

I think I'll try out the Arc Cannon/Particle wall thing when I have them unlocked to see what the fuss is about. I've never had issues with 1v1 with folks with that setup, but a team full of arc cannons is a nightmare.

I think we ran into a team like that in one of our matches, izunadono. Incredibly irritating to say the least to have your Titan downed in about 3 seconds.

Is anyone playing on PC and from the Brazil server? I tried it yesterday and it's frightening how dead it seems... Maybe it was the hour (1pm) but I waited 30 minutes to get a Hardpoint match to no avail. Tried to get a Marked for Death match, same deal, just that at least I was waiting with someone else instead of alone.

Only got Attrition matches and even in those the player count could stay 6v6 the whole round. (Even though the matches were fair, not a single one-sided fight)

I got a mail about the season pass being discounted but if all I can get is Attrition I wonder if there is even people playing those DLC maps. If there are, I may consider getting them but at the rate things are going I feel that sooner rather than later I won't be able to find any matches at all.

How is it in other regions? I'm actually digging the whole credit system to get burn cards but it feels like a step towards IAPs for the next game...

It's a shame because I LOVE the mechanics, the mobility and verticality feel awesome and transitioning to other FPS that lack all the fancy parkour, wallrunning and double jumping has become very hard for me...

Maybe I should try the US servers even if it means more lag =/

garath

I was really pleased with the PC matchmaking for attrition. I got in a game right away each time I played over the weekend and the teams were pretty full and well balanced.

I don't understand the matchmaking at all. I wish Respawn Gaf members could comment on it and what they're doing about improving it

(I'm going to quote from the last time I replied to this. I should have PMd, it was in some other Titanfall thread a week or two ago and I forgot to follow up.)

We're still working on matchmaking improvements. Do you mind describing (here or PM) what you think has been ruined for you as a solo player with the last update? Feedback is welcome.

I don't understand the matchmaking at all. I wish Respawn Gaf members could comment on it and what they're doing about improving it

They are still lurking about I sent him a Pm and replied in the thread last week.

Daemul

The matchmaking has been alright for me, though I have never really been bothered by it, I like carrying Gen 1's and 2's :)

Playing against parties is what bothers me, though I haven't faced one since the latest patch.

maneil99

This game is the epitome of fucking up a game. Netcode on PC is shit, playerbase has left because of stupid weapons like the smart pistol, ugh this game has been such a fucking dissapointment it pisses me off. Having people with 100+ ping jump around and instakill you with fucking auto lock on gun is not fun. Sorry Respawn but I'm done, you decided to make a MP only game and you fucked it up.

Mr Croft

This game is the epitome of fucking up a game. Netcode on PC is shit, playerbase has left because of stupid weapons like the smart pistol, ugh this game has been such a fucking dissapointment it pisses me off. Having people with 100+ ping jump around and instakill you with fucking auto lock on gun is not fun. Sorry Respawn but I'm done, you decided to make a MP only game and you fucked it up.

05d.jpg

Welfare

People still use the Smart Pistol? Lol, I haven't ran into it since Expedition came out.

Bydobob

Can't say I've played much LTS but in a 1v1 I don't think I've ever lost against an arc cannon, whether using a 40mm, chaingun or triple threat. The key is cutting the distance down and smothering the opponent, they can't pivot fast enough or get enough shots away while you're pounding away at their critical spots. These contests are often very short in my experience, but I can totally see how it might be a different ball game against multiple opponents.

Good to see OT still going strong, seems like ages since I played.

Can't say I've played much LTS but in a 1v1 I don't think I've ever lost against an arc cannon, whether using a 40mm, chaingun or triple threat. The key is cutting the distance down and smothering the opponent, they can't pivot fast enough or get enough shots away while you're pounding away at their critical spots. These contests are often very short in my experience, but I can totally see how it might be a different ball game against multiple opponents.

Good to see OT still going strong, seems like ages since I played.

i find this hard to believe.

Izuna

Banned
Yup I call it "scumbag" class

Edit
Yes you can dash and charge... Go back and try it again.... I just did it

My bad, I'm stupid and silly. I saw that running didn't work (hope I'm right) and assumed dashing didn't. I need to try again#

i find this hard to believe.

You find it hard to believe he hasn't lost many 1v1 vs. Arc Cannon? I can't recall anytime I've lost to one either. But I could just be playing against newer people.

Izuna

Banned
he said he never lost even while using triple threat. lol

Yeah... I meant ever, and I had to do all of the challenges to get to Gen 10. 1v1 I can lose to any weapon if I have less health, but I same health has never happened to an Arc Cannon. You could be the first if you really want to laugh at this idea.

tauke

Is anyone playing on PC and from the Brazil server? I tried it yesterday and it's frightening how dead it seems... Maybe it was the hour (1pm) but I waited 30 minutes to get a Hardpoint match to no avail. Tried to get a Marked for Death match, same deal, just that at least I was waiting with someone else instead of alone.

Maybe I should try the US servers even if it means more lag =/

I'm the classic example in here that plays with more than 250+ ping and still perform well in most matches (must be due to my country horrible monopoly of the internet for the past 10 years).

Once you get conditioned with playing high ping on Source engine, it is not that bad. Well not DOTA 2 bad where 150+ ping is really unpredictable.

Mr Croft

Another great night with the brehs

Nightly titanbreh quotes

"these maps are buttery smooth" truegrime

"whhaaaat?" special c

you can use that $10 to start a kick starter for ji66a man to get the maps" omega rex

"mike jones"

"what last guy... You mean this guy... Oooops" redraider

good times... Good time

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Supppp. I haven't been keeping up with the thread at all, but I'm still down to play with yall whenever I'm on. Thanks to folks who've already been inviting me.

Obscured

I stayed on for a few games after that disastrous Dig Site match (I should have pulled in a titan burn card), but then had some good games.

I think the B3 Wingman may actually be my favorite gun.
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274792275196&gamertag=Mouroutaru&vid=d5875e8c-32e9-445b-aa38-f5f14ea720c2

I've got you on my list, I'll keep on eye out next time I jump on.

Supppp. I haven't been keeping up with the thread at all, but I'm still down to play with yall whenever I'm on. Thanks to folks who've already been inviting me.

Top Bottom