• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

TrueGrime

Yes. It doesn't count towards the score though. There are only 3 game modes they allow.

LTS, Cap, and Hardpoint.

Why aren't the brehs playing gamebattles??

Edit: That's only the GB variant. You can set up the match how you want as well.

Bydobob

Well you're right. There is no reason for me to share any opinion or ask to play with anyone in this thread. I may as well not share clips or screenshots.

I'm done with this community thread. Laugh at me on my way out if you want.

Don't take it to heart Izuna, as Son of Sam says there's lots of us here that respect your opinions. I didn't read Applesauce's post as a direct attack on you anyway, more a satire of the debate from both sides.

Tell you what, I'd be lying if I said this whole arc cannon love-in hasn't swayed me a little...

Mr Croft

you can't farm grunts that much in a competitive match, you'll show up on the mini map and a half second later you're dead.

Arc grenades... Satchel charges... Silencers... Lots of options

My 40mm class is still labeled at "Titan killers" now I have a scumbag class. My last gamebattles game was L4D2... That was awesome!

TrueGrime

It must be nice to have a full scumbag class.

Some of us aren't Gen 10 yet and still have to work on weapon challenges.

HelloMeow

Be specific. If you're going to call someone out then be specific.
I thought it was obvious.

It starts off here, where some people deduce that someone is saying they aren't good enough. That is in no way what is meant.

I fucking hate it when people say shit like, "Get better aim" or "Get good at this weapon" like I haven't put 160 hours into this game and have never played with me before. .

I also find it hilarious someone wants to tell me to git gud when they play Minion Hunter

jenniferlawrenceokay.gif

And then there are some ridiculing remarks like these, which no matter how they are meant, will probably be interpreted as an insult and don't help the discussion.

All I learned from this thread page is that if you use the 40mm, you're a god and can't lose. Anyone using the arc cannon against your jesus 40mm weapon superiority will lose since there is no way they're better than you.

What this means for the average Titanfall player, after learning that only members of The Elite Commando 40MM Cannon Assassin Unit ™ are capable of besting the Arc Cannon, will quit playing Titanfall and will not purchase any more games made by Respawn.

I don't think anyone here is saying the arc cannon is a bad weapon, but that is what most people, who think it's OP, seem to be arguing against. A lot of the responses look like knee-jerk reactions.

Omega

Banned
My last GB was gears 1.

Carried us to our first win,got bodied then everyone quit BC apparently you're never supposed to lose and have perfect teamwork on day 1

Edit- I don't speak for anyone else but damn right I don't care about someone saying a gun is fine BC its not good at killing minions.

TrueGrime

I thought it was obvious.

It starts off here, where some people deduce that someone is saying they aren't good enough. That is in no way what is meant.

And then there are some ridiculing remarks like these, which no matter how they are meant, will probably be interpreted as an insult and don't help the discussion.

I don't think anyone here is saying the arc cannon is a bad weapon, but that is what most people, who think it's OP, seem to be arguing against. A lot of the responses look like knee-jerk reactions.

--

Capacitor makes it impossible to chase after people who are running away since you can't run and charge, and the damage sucks. Even the Chaingun does more damage when CHing. Arc Cannon is not OP at all. Get better aim and use the 40mm

The purpose of saying "get better aim" is because in a 1v1 fight, the 40mm shouldn't be missing a single shot.

Please tell me how to interpret these other than I need to refine my aim, get better, and that I shouldn't be missing a single shot when I use the 40mm.

You accuse me of misinterpreting him. My fault, right? Okay. Tell me how I should interpret it then. I'm a reasonable guy.

However, please don't accuse me of derailing and/or shitting up a thread because someone took personal offense to sarcasm or a joke. Could you imagine what would GAF be like if everyone did this? This forum gives you the great ability to ignore if you can't stomach someone. Most of us have been playing this game for 100's of hours. Myself included. Discussion/arguments are going to happen. Jokes are going to happen. Sarcasm is going to happen. Frustration is going to happen. Especially when someone tells me one thing and what I've seen (and others in my usual party as well) have experienced something different.

It's difference of opinion man and on a forum like this you have to take things with a grain of salt or else it gets personal but it isn't my job to police the feelings of others. If I get out of line then I will be banned. It's as simple as that.

Obscured

Well you're right. There is no reason for me to share any opinion or ask to play with anyone in this thread. I may as well not share clips or screenshots.

I'm done with this community thread. Laugh at me on my way out if you want.

Don't take it to heart Izuna, as Son of Sam says there's lots of us here that respect your opinions. I didn't read Applesauce's post as a direct attack on you anyway, more a satire of the debate from both sides.

Tell you what, I'd be lying if I said this whole arc cannon love-in hasn't swayed me a little...

This ^

There are a lot of really good players here, but they are still cool people to play with, any posturing is pretty much always done in jest. Nobody gets too serious, though we always have those times when the game will piss us off. (I swear I get more headshots with the hemlock than register. I just know someone at Respawn is sitting on the servers messing with me). I saw this debate as a bit of fun and mostly not too serious. As can happen on this board sometimes things can come off a bit strong, but I didn't read any of that thinking anybody was getting out of line. And I've added you to my list, so I'll be sure to look when I'm on, this game (like every MP game ever) is more fun with others.

i'll be on

save me from the last of us

I kind of want to pick up last of us and kind of don't. I keep hearing the MP is awesome and at the same time a total cluster and have heard great things about the game. I have a nagging feeling there will be a discount in the future so right now I'm thinking I'll just wait till holidays and see.

tauke

I got put on that devonly map. It's bananas.

It is great place to do all the time consuming challenges!

At least I got a great game just now with decent player skills from the killcam instead of aimbot. Sucks that PC is vulnerable to this but I can see when someone using it if it perfectly lock on to me who's jumping around like mad.

I assume the minor aim-assist on the Xbox One is not auto lock on to pilot when ADS right?

greektony

Banned
Do you guys just invite each other at certain times when you play? Playing solo is starting to get boring.

Same here... is there a thread for sharing gamertags for Titanfall? I'm a Gen 7 (only just started playing this again after reading this thread!) and losing the love already playing with randoms

Omega

Banned
I kind of want to pick up last of us and kind of don't. I keep hearing the MP is awesome and at the same time a total cluster and have heard great things about the game. I have a nagging feeling there will be a discount in the future so right now I'm thinking I'll just wait till holidays and see.

i haven't even played the MP, probably never will. I don't like the shooting mechanics of the game.

Since developers love to be copycats, hopefully more games start having round based matches.

TrueGrime

Another undefeated night of 30-0 for the Brehs. Two new brehs pass their initiation. :p

Bumble and Welfare up in this biiiiitch.

brehs.gif

gg's. Wish we'd have gotten some good LTS matches. Seemed every time it popped up in the rotation it would start 6 on 2 or 3 and be over in a couple minutes.

Jito

Banned
Serious business went down last night, never forget the fallen brothers of the Arc Cannon wars.

We need an honorary Titanfall PC Brehs gif, even though there isn't may of us. Feel left out of this XB1 love :( They should have put cross platform play in seeing as controllers get aim assist on PC already.

TrueGrime

Serious business went down last night, never forget the fallen brothers of the Arc Cannon wars.

We need an honorary Titanfall PC Brehs gif, even though there isn't may of us. Feel left out of this XB1 love :( They should have put cross platform play in seeing as controllers get aim assist on PC already.

Cross platform play would have been amazing. I have no clue why MS has that stupid no cross platform play clause. They really need to do away with it. Especially seeing as PS4 has it on their MMO's. Need to go through the thread but I will gladly make a PC Breh gif!

gg's. Wish we'd have gotten some good LTS matches. Seemed every time it popped up in the rotation it would start 6 on 2 or 3 and be over in a couple minutes.

Let us know next time man. We should have switched to LTS only lobby. Might or might not have games, but it doesn't hurt to see. Next time.

HelloMeow

Matchmaking seems better this week. I don't think I have joined a game in progress where the score wasn't ridiculous or where the game was about to end.

Jito

Banned
gamepad users still get crushed.

Yeh for sure, but I never see anyone complain about it on PC. You'd have to watch killcams to notice if someone is on controller and I ain't got time for that.

The one time my friend played Titanfall was on PC on controller and he still managed top in most of his games, some guy even accused him of cheating haha.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
gamepad users still get crushed.

I use a xbox 360 controller on PC and have around a 8 pilot k/d and 88% win rate.
For reference my accuracy with the Carbine and CAR SMG are both at 33%.

As a controller user you can't afford to miss any easy shots. It has been quite rare where I've been killed by a player after shooting them first.
I do try and avoid the longer range engagements as you will be at a disadvantage against a mouse user who is using a scope.

Same here... is there a thread for sharing gamertags for Titanfall? I'm a Gen 7 (only just started playing this again after reading this thread!) and losing the love already playing with randoms

PM the OP. We have a Google doc with GAF members, their gamertags, time zone.

Top Bottom