• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Triple threat is awesome up close, deals a ton of damage when they all land direct. Sometimes I read the comments on here and think we're playing a different game.

Yah i've seen it used well before but it's a liability for the way i play. Can't stand blowing myself up with it.

Owned a party of 5 today while with a bunch of randoms, decent randoms though. These kids were not happy.
http://gameclipscontent-d2008.xboxl..._=1407267398_03846ca3f5daa9f577f540f339899e94

Peripheral Vision: Awareness of where your flag runner is, where your flag is, and wtf to do.
http://gameclipscontent-d3002.xboxl..._=1407267422_141488bb7e993d98506e7589b8be77b5

tauke

Was having trouble finding a match for nearly 15 mins and decided to join campaign matches.

So many fresh blood to sacrifice. Guess there are some players who still trying to play Titanfall the Call of Duty style.

Jito

Banned
Lol smart pistol.

Lol smart pistol and satchel charges, ultimate clutch mode engaged.

Was having trouble finding a match for nearly 15 mins and decided to join campaign matches.

So many fresh blood to sacrifice. Guess there are some players who still trying to play Titanfall the Call of Duty style.

You're evil man.

Might have to try it myself later XD

Izuna

Banned
I still don't see how Arc Cannon could ever beat 40mm in a 1v1...

It takes SO LONG to take a Titan down in comparison, and the penalty for missing is higher -- (when they cover themselves in smoke).

LMAO Just got "I Killed Them All" again. I love the old maps.

hoyalawya

It takes SO LONG to take a Titan down in comparison, and the penalty for missing is higher -- (when they cover themselves in smoke).

By using covers in the map? Just pop out of cover when the arc cannon is almost at full charge.

In the open, my strategy is to keep the 40mm at a range where he needs to hip fire. Easy for him to miss.

TrueGrime

...because the titan is just going to stand there and let you get critical hits with the 40mm.

Izuna

Banned
By using covers in the map? Just pop out of cover when the arc cannon is almost at full charge.

In the open, my strategy is to keep the 40mm at a range where he needs to hip fire. Easy for him to miss.

Assuming I have full Capacitor charge when I meet a 40mm 1v1, and I never miss, I don't see how I can win. I mean, with the Arc Cannon I haven't lost a 1v1 since I have been testing, but the speed by which I take out a Titan and how much health I have less is much lower.

With the 40mm I actually never ADS unless the guy is far away and I can hit CH 70-80% of the time. I don't see how Arc Cannon has any advantage from range.

...because the titan is just going to stand there and let you get critical hits with the 40mm.

Let's picture a scenario okay? We meet, we both trade both full charge capacitor and one simple 40mm hit. I pop cluster, I dash behind and pop smoke. Arc Cannon dude has many options but they all entail either dying because now they got mere seconds before they die, or they dash away to avoid being hit. If they dash into cluster, they're gone. If they turn around and run, they're gone (I can chase down, dash with them and hit CHs easily) or they can dash to the sides and still fight. In all scenarios I can pop their CHs.

But EVEN IF I DON'T -- the Capacitor doesn't out-damage the 40mm.

Not many players will completely miss the 40mm, and even if they do -- assuming Arc Cannon dude is using Particle Wall, 40mm guy has a higher damage output anyway.

Arc Cannon is good in groups, I don't understand how it can be a "scumbag" setup when it rivals Chaingun's damage.

As for which of the two I prefer, Chaingun or Arc, I dunno. I would only pick either if I need to Goose (Pilot Hunter).

TrueGrime

By all means, bring your titan closer to another titan with AC!

111.jpg

Izuna

Banned
By all means, bring your titan closer to another titan with AC!

111.jpg

You're missing the point... I will drop a cluster where he is, he will of course dash somewhere. I dash to the same spot and pop electric smoke. He has to move, he can't stay or return to where he was. If he is Atlas he has one dash left (as do I) and if he is Styder he isn't winning the 1v1 anyway unless he circles around me skilfully. I don't see how suddenly having the Arc Cannon makes people's movement better.

TrueGrime

An example of Arc Cannon beating 40mm 1-on-1-ish. Clip. I will admit that the guy wasn't very good.

Seriously! 2 pilot kills in the middle of that titan battle with the only weapon where you can use indirect aim to kill AND chain kill multiple pilots.

Not overpowered. OKAY.

Get the fuck outta' here.

Izuna

Banned
An example of Arc Cannon beating 40mm 1-on-1-ish. Clip. I will admit that the guy wasn't very good.

Seriously? How is it that the Arc Cannon had anything to do with you winning there? He only needed 2 shots to beat you with a weapon that has almost straight trajectory and almost instant (at the range). You could have had a Plasma Gun and still won despite only having two hits of health left.

Seriously! 2 pilot kills in the middle of that titan battle with the only weapon where you can use indirect aim to kill AND chain kill multiple pilots.

Not overpowered. OKAY.

Get the fuck outta' here.

Are you kidding? He could have popped a cluster at the first pilot, shot the dude in the Titan with a chaingun and still Goosed him. The only thing the 40mm doesn't have over the Arc Cannon in this scenario is Goose, that's it.

-

Anyone up for Xbone Titanfall?

TrueGrime

You're missing the point... I will drop a cluster where he is, he will of course dash somewhere. I dash to the same spot and pop electric smoke. He has to move, he can't stay or return to where he was. If he is Atlas he has one dash left (as do I) and if he is Styder he isn't winning the 1v1 anyway unless he circles around me skilfully. I don't see how suddenly having the Arc Cannon makes people's movement better.

No. I'm not missing the point! Your point is that you want to bring your titan in closer. You think I'm not going to have enough dash to move from your smoke but I can still move and charge, dash and charge as well. If I put up a particle wall it's going to give me some time. I'm sure as hell going to put some cluster missiles between myself and you too.

Check the distance of this AC shot.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...jjam&vid=757325b6-b48b-4014-9883-ab291523da86

Now imagine the to-damage ratio if you were standing next to me getting clustered.

TrueGrime

Seriously? How is it that the Arc Cannon had anything to do with you winning there? He only needed 2 shots to beat you with a weapon that has almost straight trajectory and almost instant (at the range). You could have had a Plasma Gun and still won despite only having two hits of health left.

Are you kidding? He could have popped a cluster at the first pilot, shot the dude in the Titan with a chaingun and still Goosed him. The only thing the 40mm doesn't have over the Arc Cannon in this scenario is Goose, that's it.

-

Anyone up for Xbone Titanfall?

The point is in-direct fire kills. You and others say that the AC is only good for LTS but you're sadly mistaken.

Izuna

Banned
The point is in-direct fire kills. You and others say that the AC is only good for LTS but you're sadly mistaken.

What is an indirect kill in this scenario?

Are you talking about similar to how the Smart Pistol doesn't require good aim? Watch the clip again, he hit everything he aimed at.

Why not be the first Arc Cannon user to beat me in a 1v1? I'm completely curious as I disbelieve you.

We all know the 40mm can Goose, but no one can do it with any kind of consistency on console. If they can then damn, I wouldn't want to play against that dude.

hoyalawya

I have been trying to arrange a 1-v-1 LTS Xbox One tournament with my friends. So far, I have only about 9 people. Looking to make it 16 or 32. Anyone interested? If yes, please put your gamer tag in the spreadsheet in this link and email me at the address in the spreadsheet. The rules are also in the spreadsheet.

40mm shots are easy to dodge, where as the Arc is obnoxiously hard to avoid.

Izuna

Banned
Damn. I tried to watch it but it was pretty laggy :( Wish I could watch. You're pretty damn good.

Sorry about the lag. it is making it harder to play as well. I am keeping it up regardless. MVP streaks are fun after all.

Not many good people on EU this afternoon. I'll play when US starts.

tauke

Odd that the frequency of ending up at the same DEVLOBBY is pretty high lately.

Good time to rack up all the weapon upgrades that I need for Titans.

Obscured

Haha. Major Nelson just sent me a PM. We're going to titanfall together.

Awesome. I assume he called out your arc canon scrublord status and challenged you to a 1v1 ;). I recall we were discussing him the other night, somebody said they had played with him before and he was a pretty decent player. Bet it would be fun to party up.

Would also be cool to ever play with anyone from Respawn.

Speaking of scrublord, I'm leaving nuclear eject on. Every time I turn it off I get myself executed. I also didn't realize they could execute you if you aren't doomed, but just close. Might be if they have big punch on, but not sure. (Also change my GT to Scrublord, though it is probably taken).

Speaking of all this stuff it would be interesting to get a private lobby going sometime and check some of this stuff. Not 1v1 (ha), but methodically step through how distance and damage works in some of these scenarios. I want to figure out what the actual distance on the wingman is.

tauke

So I noticed the DEVONLY lobby is accessible when searching for Marked for Death match.

Also I like to point out to Respawn that South East Asia server still bug out on me for the long (or infinite) loading time.

I managed to solve it by choosing server such as West US or any European server and play at least one match which I'll exit to main menu and select SEA server again. Voila problem solves until it randomly happened again.

Omega

Banned
... The last game battles 1v1 lts match had the winner using arc cannon.

I don't know what's more shocking

A) that we were right
B) That a gamebattles 1v1 ladder exists
C) That there's a 1v1 ladder specifically for LTS
D) that you know there's a gamebattles ladder

Mr Croft

A and B. Lts is the only skillful gametype in titanfall. And c'mon it is an fps of course its going to have game battles.

be the first Arc Cannon user to beat me in a 1v1? I'm completely curious as I disbelieve you.

stop... This 1v1 stuff is hurting son of sams feelings!

look until the 40mm is chain blasts like arc cannon chain lightning it will always be inferior. I dont know how many times I shoot an auto titan and randomly chain a pilot with it too.

Izuna

Banned
A and B. Lts is the only skillful gametype in titanfall. And c'mon it is an fps of course its going to have game battles.

stop... This 1v1 stuff is hurting son of same feelings!

look until the 40mm is chain blasts like arc cannon chain lightning it will always be inferior. I dont know how many times I shoot an auto titan and randomly chain a pilot with it too.

Show me clips of 1v1 Arc Cannon or have some fun playing against me.

What is wrong with a challenge?

If the Arc Cannon was better, I would love to use it.

Mr Croft

Seriously? How is it that the Arc Cannon had anything to do with you winning there? He only needed 2 shots to beat you with a weapon that has almost straight trajectory

I think the 40mm shoots straight right? I dont get this

Are you kidding? He could have popped a cluster at the first pilot, shot the dude in the Titan with a chaingun

or shot one arc cannon shot lol.

looks like I have to make clips tonight of arc cannon and I only been using it for a week tops lol.

Omega

Banned
i say we just drop the whole arc cannon debate.

I complain it's broken in LTS > get challenged to a 1v1 > somehow debate becomes if it's the best 1v1 gun in the game

I'm not gonna 1v1 anyone because I'm not 12. I don't challenge people to 1v1s in a team game. A straight up 1v1 is almost never going to happen during a game at least against competent players so it doesn't prove anything.

hopefully one day people get matched up against us. until that day who cares. let's just laugh at Soony fanboys crying that Ryse won best real-time graphics

Izuna

Banned
I think the 40mm shoots straight right? I dont get this

or shot one arc cannon shot lol.

looks like I have to make clips tonight of arc cannon and I only been using it for a week tops lol.

I said almost straight. It is like a shock rifle from UT99. Dodging a 40mm isn't something you can do.

TrueGrime

... The last game battles 1v1 lts match had the winner using arc cannon.

Can't believe you even found this.

All I learned from this thread page is that if you use the 40mm, you're a god and can't lose. Anyone using the arc cannon against your jesus 40mm weapon superiority will lose since there is no way they're better than you.

TrueGrime

What makes me annoyed is that you're treating my opinion as if I somehow am a 40mm fanboy.

If the Arc Cannon is better, I don't know how to use it, and playing against one is the best way to learn how to use it.

What makes me annoyed is that you think your opinion is the only valid one and that there is no way in the realm of possibility that there will be a different outcome from which you decide.

Top Bottom