• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Stackboy

So uh, apparently since last update I can't play the game from home. When i click play he justs says "retrieving matchmaking list"... instantly followed by "no servers found".

I know this isn't a problem with my game or the lack of players because i can play fine at lunch break at work. It's all very weird...

I've had this ever since the latest DLC and patch came out. In Australia.

TrueGrime

I'll be there in 30-40 minutes. Getting food.

Time to get on Brehs.

callingbrehs.gif

Padinn

I've been playing this more on PC recently (friends bought it finally) and I'm having really noticeable issues which appear to be packet loss related. I am connected to the closest server, but the movement of enemy characters is often very jerky - though my ping is under 60ms. If anyone knows what I can do to fix, please advise because I am super pissed with these MS craptastic servers at the moment.

I should add that I already tried opening the recommended ports.

Obscured

close enough... Still looks like crap.

anyway sitting watching Netflix and got the "haven victor" achievement... Anyone else achievements randomly unlocking?

Were you watching Haven on Netflix? Maybe that is the trick!

x1 brehs? Redraider and I are on and we are cold and lonely lol. Anyone else coming on

I'll be there in 30-40 minutes. Getting food.

Time to get on Brehs.

callingbrehs.gif

Chipotle?

I'm stuck away from home, damn you guys are killing me.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Getting some really bad stuttering on the PC side as I tried just now. I think it might be my GFX card settings.

My friend had stuttering issues. His character would actually freeze and teleport around in the game, even on my screen.
He was running the game on the ultra/insane texture quality and high shadows. You may want to try lowering the texture quality that you are currently using. It fixed his stuttering.

kekke

Banned
Damn it amazes me how hard it is for some to undestand basics of gamemode "capture the flag". So many just keep that flag and don't return it to our flag, or just rodeo my titan next to our flag, or take enemy flag but don't ride my titan and just run like your average CoD-player on ground.

iamjohn

If the xb1 drops to $350 after games com I'll pick that and Titanfall up again. I had bought it previously for my macbook but it wasn't a good experience and couldn't get 60fps. Loved the game though.

TrueGrime

My friend had stuttering issues. His character would actually freeze and teleport around in the game, even on my screen.
He was running the game on the ultra/insane texture quality and high shadows. You may want to try lowering the texture quality that you are currently using. It fixed his stuttering.

Still happening at a lower setting. Getting around 15 FPS.

I have a 6-core 3.3 gig rig, 8 gig RAM, GTX 460.

tauke

Still happening at a lower setting. Getting around 15 FPS.

I have a 6-core 3.3 gig rig, 8 gig RAM, GTX 460.

The game will stutter occasionally no matter what settings I used (I'm on i7 4770K, 32GB RAM and GTX 780).

It is something I live with Titanfall PC. :(

Omega

Banned
6RAiRDm.png

what a joke. had another Gen 5 that did worse than the bottom guy. I'm hoping he took a sledgehammer to his computer which is why he was no longer in the game

garath

Hmm.. The only stuttering issues I've gotten was when I didn't notice Steam downloading stuff in the background. The game seems very network dependent. Moreso than other multiplayer fps games I've played.

Last I looked I have everything on max. I am running in borderless windowed mode though.

i5 2500k
660ti
8gig DDR3

Omega

Banned
now 50 MVPs lol! Might have to play campaign for that... If you play with the brehs will be do our best to keep you from getting those MVPs muahahaha!

i got like 40 of my mvps playing with you guys. yall aint shit
Red kept stealing my MVPs though lol

TrueGrime

Try turning shadows off, turning v sync on/off and playing in windowed mode maybe?

Same issue. Going to try it on my laptop (which is weaker) to see if turning the settings down gives me the same issue. If not, then it's something with my settings. Thanks.

Special C

Damn it amazes me how hard it is for some to undestand basics of gamemode "capture the flag". So many just keep that flag and don't return it to our flag, or just rodeo my titan next to our flag, or take enemy flag but don't ride my titan and just run like your average CoD-player on ground.

One time I ran straight to the flag on Smuggler cove and some guy had used a Spare Stryder burn card. I figured this was my lucky day so I hope on the back of the Titan. Guy starts going the OPPOSITE way from our base towards that turret out in the middle of nowhere.

I love CTF in other games but not in titanfall, nope, not in any game with near instant deaths TBH, cod CTF is just as bad.

Anyone feel that the daily challenges rewards are rather minimal and useless? 500 coins feels like nothing.

Speaking of which I have spent zero coins so far, nothing I need so letting them save up big time.

Omega

Banned
I love CTF in other games but not in titanfall, nope, not in any game with near instant deaths TBH, cod CTF is just as bad.

Anyone feel that the daily challenges rewards are rather minimal and useless? 500 coins feels like nothing.

Speaking of which I have spent zero coins so far, nothing I need so letting them save up big time.

i think it's more insulting that you get 500 coins for doing osmething simple like getting 5 kills with satchels or capturing a flag but only get 200 for selling a titan card.

Spend 50k trying to get a Titan, but you can only sell it for 200. Who the hell did they consult on these prices, GameStop?

i think it's more insulting that you get 500 coins for doing osmething simple like getting 5 kills with satchels or capturing a flag but only get 200 for selling a titan card.

Spend 50k trying to get a Titan, but you can only sell it for 200. Who the hell did they consult on these prices, GameStop?

I have 3 gens worth of unused titan cards :) but I accidentally sold 3 of my atlas cards while spamming the triggers to sell unwanted cards, oops.

I should use them more often but I hate activating one only to die instantly.

Izuna

Banned
I only buy the time boost cards. They are technically better then spare titans anyway. Outsource and Adrenaline Rush and Map Hack are the best the in the game imho. And one of them you can get in a 10000 pack lol.

Mr Croft

Lmao!!!!! I'm done

I might not be on tonight because kickboxing will be on. And if I come on it will be late than usual. It doesn't matter anyway because I was playing like hot trash last night.

KingV

Brehs, I'll be on tonight after shorty crb snatcher is in bed (and I get frustrated with Dark Souls, which usually happens pretty quickly).

Keep discussing PC technical problems, its helping me resist building a gaming PC.

No, you're wrong. CTF is the best mode in this game. It requires all the essential Titanfall skill sets. It's the most balanced, challenging, and to me, overall the most fun.

What makes this different than COD ctf regardless of the instant kill is the parkour. You can get across the map in seconds. Idiots that take the flag and either don't jump on a titan or don't parkour and instead choose to run the fucking flag back on the ground are doing it wrong, frustratingly wrong, idiotically wrong.

Hopefully, you aren't that guy.

tauke

The population is dying on PC until the next DLC is out?

So hard to find matches and if it did get some players, it will be the same one from previous matches lol.

Edit: Guess BF4 Game Time is the reason for it (guilty of downloading it too).

Arc is too much. played a team today where 3 of them ran arc+shield and it was the only way they could get kills.

Very annoying. ANd another thing that is insanely annoying is no sudden death or overtime in CTF. Jumped in this game late, got the team back in a tie and i'm about to win it for them and i run out of time right before capping. So stupid.http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...eist&vid=8f15a76f-91e8-4e04-848f-e9af51877e83

No overtime in CTF is another big turn off for me with that mode, a few times I have been inches away from capping the winning flag for the timer to end and we get a draw.

If a flag is away from home as the round ends we either need overtime until the carrier dies or round over once both flags are home again.

njean777

Anybody else not in love with the new maps? I feel like they are to cramped. The first map pack was awesome and I really liked the maps, but the new ones are just meh to me.

Izuna

Banned
Anybody else not in love with the new maps? I feel like they are to cramped. The first map pack was awesome and I really liked the maps, but the new ones are just meh to me.

Personally I think Export is horrible. Completely freaking horrible.

Haven is awesome though. Next to Runoff, it is one of the best maps in the whole game.

Personally I think Export is horrible. Completely freaking horrible.

Haven is awesome though. Next to Runoff, it is one of the best maps in the whole game.

I'm with you on export. Its visually boring and not that fun to play.

I used to hate Dig Site the most, but it really turned around on me. I still think the map could have a better flow to it and utilize more of the structures as a whole, but I've come to find its a solid map.

Export on the other hand:

• No one goes up top. It's out of the way of any main lanes for it to be travelled, and anyone who does no about it will never go up there due to the trap.
  • Speaking of places not travelled, there is a lot of wasted space. The giant warehouse/dry dock building on the port side is never used.
  • Spawns are the worst element, as most of them are in or around the structures that are frequently travelled. A good team can post on a handful of rooftops and oversee the general exits of spawn zones.

Single digit frame rate can be found in my recent upload on xboxclips. Freaking brutal. Not lag. Framerate. Username is same as here

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...oovy&vid=4e1b7c22-2773-4147-a896-769102e147a9

20 seconds in

Over my time with titanfall xbox one i've had that kind of frame drop about 10 times overall, since the patch i've had stutter but not to the same level.

It can happen with nothing visible on the screen too, have no idea what causes it.

Top Bottom