• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Welfare

I dont know if I will be on tomorrow. Family member coming, so even if I am on, I might be talking less than I already do.

Mr Croft

No question this is the worst death i've ever experienced. I wonder how funny it was from the other perspective http://gameclipscontent-d2009.xboxl..._=1407394966_17be821580d95529257bbdfb710d4093

Everything is brilliant about this death.... the sheer certainty i was going to get the drop on this guy to the shadow from above accompanied by the bone crushing sound to the way i sadly look up with shattered dreams... epic.

ha.

... I just spit water all over the place lmao. Man the odds are so damn slim!!!!

tauke

No question this is the worst death i've ever experienced. I wonder how funny it was from the other perspective http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...eist&vid=f151c4e7-38c5-457a-8011-857c41a711bc

Everything is brilliant about this death.... the sheer certainty i was going to get the drop on this guy to the shadow from above accompanied by the bone crushing sound to the way i sadly look up with shattered dreams... epic.

ha.

GIF version of your epic moment (with extra text added by me). :D

ContentIllustriousAmoeba.gif

Edit: Also the population of Titanfall for SEA server is practically zero for today. Can't find a single opponent...

Izuna

Banned
i don't even care anymore. my origin ID is RobNBanks, my GT is on the spreadsheet. I'll 1v1, 1v2, 1v6

seems to be the only way this debate is ever going to end because in every clip posted someone wasn't skilled enough, no one wants to drop it and there's nothing but hypotheticals

I am going to attempt some meaningful discussion.

FastPastelCats.gif

The problem with clips is that 9/10 of encounters in this game aren't fair. I put together the life of one Titan in a clip. Not my best stuff, but it shows the damage output of the 40mm, and how I can hip fire to get CHs.

The Arc isn't OP because if my aim were a little better, I could rock the Ogre and take out anyone before they could take me out. I believe Attrition is a game of speed rather than a game of k/d, and with an Arc Cannon these fights would take a much longer time (nor can I run holding charge).

Clip of 40mm (4:13 long)

For some reason my connection is bad and some attacks don't do damage (it happens to Ogres more than any other.) I'm seen rarely reloading when I have low health just in case I can do one final hit before death, I don't want to be caught reloading.

--

1v1 would really be the only way how the 40mm or Arc Cannon is because it sounds like neither of us find the other weapon a problem.

Personally I always felt that the range of the 40mm was the reason why no one would use a Plasma Rifle, since DPS seems to be very comparable even if both were looking to CH. Arc Cannon (Capacitor) on the other hand, while nice, I don't use because there are times I want to shoot but can't. If I use all of my charge on a minion and a Titan surprises me, I don't get to hit him even once until I charge all the way up again. If I had low enough health and he saw me charging, he would have the confidence to just rush me down and I wouldn't even get a single hit.

Another thing about the Arc Cannon and Capacitor is that because you can't run while holding a charge, you are forced to show your Titan up on the map. Dashing puts a ping on the map whereas running doesn't. These things are little and very small, but all together it is what makes me prefer the 40mm. Not because I have an inbuilt aimbot.

The funny part of the clip is the slow ass Archer Missile that ended up killing me. The whole time in slow motion I was thinking "I wish I had an Arc Cannon right about now."

Mr Croft

I'm going to comment on your video once I get out the gym izuna... I will just edit this post.

jito I almost dropped dumbbell only foot because of that GIF... Jesus christ

garath

I bought TF for the PC this morning. When do I get the PC breh branding? However, as I sit here at work contemplating my purchase I can't shake the feeling that..

tumblr_lso6d2OLz21r0byljo1_250.gif

I've been enjoying the hell out of it on PC. Rock solid fps with everything on high even with a pretty middle of the road PC. Matchmaking has been good (at least on attrition). Some pretty good players out there.

Jito

Banned
I bought TF for the PC this morning. When do I get the PC breh branding? However, as I sit here at work contemplating my purchase I can't shake the feeling that..

tumblr_lso6d2OLz21r0byljo1_250.gif

Good choice man, I'm looking forward to some games then! You won't regret it! (I hope)

Also you get PC breh branding just for having the game, we can't have a torturous gang requirements as there's so few of us :,( I'll be on tonight if I have some free time, add MrStabby6 :D

tauke

Was having terrible matches just now. Sometimes I'll quit if I instant die from any pilot weapon with good ping.

I'll be solely playing from West US and any European server from now on. Fuck this stupid kill where I pump a full clip of CAR and get owned by a 50 ping slower enemies (through the wonder of killcam I react too slow).

Izuna

Banned
you're that guy skipping around the map huh. i hate that

Nope, 1mbit upload is more than enough for playing Titanfall. I get 34 ping to EU servers and the connection is constant. If I was playing in West US then sure, I would be skipping.

Games doesn't require much bandwidth, especially one where almost everyone is regulated by the cloud.

Actually to be fair, apart from Fibre Optics, not many people in England have more than 1-1.5mbit upload.

Well I tried. Above "you're wrong" and "lol arc cannon" there isn't use for any discussion. Just like how the R97 was going to be the best weapon in the game.

Omega

Banned
After playing a couple of matches on PC I don't think Arc Cannon is much of a problem either. I knew console versions had aim assists..but I didn't know it was that bad. I'm going back to the 40 on PC.

I still think the gun is cheap as fuck on consoles though lol

garath

After playing a couple of matches on PC I don't think Arc Cannon is much of a problem either. I knew console versions had aim assists..but I didn't know it was that bad. I'm going back to the 40 on PC.

I still think the gun is cheap as fuck on consoles though lol

o_O

Nope, 1mbit upload is more than enough for playing Titanfall. I get 34 ping to EU servers and the connection is constant. If I was playing in West US then sure, I would be skipping.

Games doesn't require much bandwidth, especially one where almost everyone is regulated by the cloud.

Actually to be fair, apart from Fibre Optics, not many people in England have more than 1-1.5mbit upload.

Well I tried. Above "you're wrong" and "lol arc cannon" there isn't use for any discussion. Just like how the R97 was going to be the best weapon in the game.

You're on PC? Maybe that's where the discrepancy lies. Really, the two have their differences.

And i can tell the difference between 1mps upload vs 5 or 10mpbs upload. But yah ping is probably more important, at 35ping that's pretty good. I think i'm at 40 with 10mps upload.

Izuna

Banned
You're on PC? Maybe that's where the discrepancy lies. Really, the two have their differences.

And i can tell the difference between 1mps upload vs 5 or 10mpbs upload. But yah ping is probably more important, at 35ping that's pretty good. I think i'm at 40 with 10mps upload.

No I play console. I tried PC but unlike when I was a teenager, I can't hit as many buttons on a keyboard as I can when clawing with a controller.

In theory, you as my opponent will not see anything different if my upload is low. I am instead going to have some of my actions take longer to get to you (like in the video, my shots get eaten away). My movement should require low enough bandwidth that it is only really determined by ping. Though I'm not an expert at these things.

On PC I would probably use the Chaingun. Technically the trade off for damage is worth the ability to goose, and I had a lot of mouse training due to The Club.

Omega

Banned

I missed three pilots..I can't remember the last time I missed a pilot. Titan battles also took forever. I still won them, but they took like 30 seconds. It's still a good gun, but on PC definitely not worth using over the 40mm

Also, G2A4 with match trigger..sogood.gif

I was wondering why when I loaded up the PC version yesterday the G2 was in my loadout. now I remember

tauke

Finally got the sweet revenge with consistent hitback ping which leads to my 3 MVPs in a row (with help from HelloMeow for the first two matches).

Felt sorry for the guy who complained about unbalanced matchmaking but everyone have their moments with the matchmaking.

Also, I hate it when you shoot at minions or pilots but the it doesn't register at all properly due to server issue. You hear the nice audio feedback of them getting lots of damage but you instantly collapsed because server says their shot is correct.

Izuna

Banned
Man I have so much passion for Titanfall. It makes me want to spend a lot of money for a really good PC to make it look amazing. It's a shame I will never get to witness 144Hz anytime soon.

garath

Man I have so much passion for Titanfall. It makes me want to spend a lot of money for a really good PC to make it look amazing. It's a shame I will never get to witness 144Hz anytime soon.

Join the dark side. Build a monster PC and enjoy all the wonderful (cost efficient) gaming.

I got titanfall and season pass for $44 and it's running at max settings. Looks glorious.

:)

Izuna

Banned
Join the dark side. Build a monster PC and enjoy all the wonderful (cost efficient) gaming.

I got titanfall and season pass for $44 and it's running at max settings. Looks glorious.

:)

The full truth is that I want a PC for last generations' games such as Lost Planet 2 or whatever game I have a lot of nostalgic love for. Technically I would be able to afford it all in September next month but I would have to keep my job. pfffffffffffft

I wishlist had SLI 760s, now I am waiting to see the price of the 800 series vs. performance.

Ramenman

So uh, apparently since last update I can't play the game from home. When i click play he justs says "retrieving matchmaking list"... instantly followed by "no servers found".

I know this isn't a problem with my game or the lack of players because i can play fine at lunch break at work. It's all very weird...

Achievements are still broken =(

Yep. I can unlock ones I'm currently in the process of completing and the progress bar has been back since the initial 'fix', but 'Graveyard' is still locked at 100%. Maybe killing enough again will work, but given how many issues folks have had for months on this I'm not holding out any hope.

Not sure what is going on at Microsoft for something that is core to the Xbox OS to be having this many issues.

Obscured

I bloody tried. I played it a whole night with Particle Wall. =(

Conversely, I am trying out the 40mm.

So uh, apparently since last update I can't play the game from home. When i click play he justs says "retrieving matchmaking list"... instantly followed by "no servers found".

I know this isn't a problem with my game or the lack of players because i can play fine at lunch break at work. It's all very weird...

Have you tried a hard reset (holding the power button for 5 secs)? I've had issues like that before, or black screens, where that has helped.

I used to have a good gaming PC. Now I have a decent gaming labtop. Dont think it can run titanfall tho...

I have an okay gaming tablet, but no time to play. I kind of want to try Dota, but don't want to play with real people till I spend some serious time just understanding that game, time I don't have.

No way I'm going to double dip though, just not enough time.

Omega

Banned
I built my PC for Dota and The Witcher.

I thought the Witcher was mediocre and I have 5 hours on Dota. 4 of which were probably just from watching The International.

I'd probably love the game, but yeah...that community

nope.

Top Bottom