• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

we get that at least once every 3 nights... Still old news

I think dig site is a horrible map... Only good for CTF.... And I think CTF is a joke in titanfall

I found it to be one of my favorite LTS maps, and to be a very competitive Hardpoint Domination map.

Terrible for Attrition and PH though.

Mr Croft

Says the guy that plays LTS

i dont only play lts we play variety pack so yea get your facts straight first lol. lts way more competitive then ctf lol. Ctf is such a joke of randomness. At least lts is a one life team oriented gametype where any mistake is costly. Ctf is just one guy randomly running in your base with a smart pistol to blow up mines and charges wall running or jumping on the back of titans. I like ctf in almost every game except titanfall. IMO it just doesn't fit in titanfall... But its on the competitive list so meh.
I found it to be one of my favorite LTS maps, and to be a very competitive Hardpoint Domination map.

Terrible for Attrition and PH though.

yea I like it for hard point and lts the most with a dash of ctf I hate it for PH and grunt hunter... Too dark too many levels and hiding spots for pilots

Padinn

Is there anyway I can test the network quality I have to the east coast US server cluster? I'm still seeing lots of warping players.

i dont only play lts we play variety pack so yea get your facts straight first lol. lts way more competitive then ctf lol. Ctf is such a joke of randomness. At least lts is a one life team oriented gametype where any mistake is costly. Ctf is just one guy randomly running in your base with a smart pistol to blow up mines and charges wall running or jumping on the back of titans. I like ctf in almost every game except titanfall. IMO it just doesn't fit in titanfall... But its on the competitive list so meh.

How is CTF random? It's agonizingly hard when both teams are even. And what is this talk about smart pistol... please, i have yet to see a dominate smart pistol player in all my hours of playing this.

So, there a glitch that allows you to nuke eject inside your Titan with the flag in CTF? Wonder why I am just now seeing this today. We're playing 4on6 on Dig Site in CTF and we still outscore them 3-1. Switches halves, they basically put 4 guys on defense and send 2 after the flag. But one guy scores 4 times using this same bullshit. Runs to the room our flag is in, calls in Titan. Runs in, grabs flag, gets in Titan. Naturally, the guy drops the flag. He then crawls out, picks flag back up, gets back inside Titan which is still in the bubble shield, and nuke ejects. Literally lands feet away from their flag each time, no chance for us to stop him once he grabs the flag. No one else on the team has a mic, so no chance of telling people to just camp our flag either.

Anyone else seen this? fix this shit Guerri err Respawn.

Omega

Banned
So, there a glitch that allows you to nuke eject inside your Titan with the flag in CTF? Wonder why I am just now seeing this today. We're playing 4on6 on Dig Site in CTF and we still outscore them 3-1. Switches halves, they basically put 4 guys on defense and send 2 after the flag. But one guy scores 4 times using this same bullshit. Runs to the room our flag is in, calls in Titan. Runs in, grabs flag, gets in Titan. Naturally, the guy drops the flag. He then crawls out, picks flag back up, gets back inside Titan which is still in the bubble shield, and nuke ejects. Literally lands feet away from their flag each time, no chance for us to stop him once he grabs the flag. No one else on the team has a mic, so no chance of telling people to just camp our flag either.

I saw someone do this last month.

Haven't seen it since so I thought it got fixed. thank god more people don't know about it. I actually like CTF, this shit would be dumb.

Jito

Banned
So stupid how at A hardpoint on Digsite, getting out of the Titan at the little ledge just get's me stuck in between the Titan and the wall. This happens quite often at spots were you should be able to jump out of the Titan right onto a little ledge, I think Respawn need to do some tweaking at these spots.

Omega

Banned
It's amazing how still, 5 months(?) after launch this issue of losing connection to server still isn't fixed.

you wanted to look at your stats? Fuck you
you wanted to set burn cards? Fuck you
We took too long to find a match for you? Fuck you
We just don't like your gamertag/gamerpicture/avatar so fuck you

HelloMeow

I think the servers aren't as good as they used to be. Everything is taking longer and there is way more inconsistent stuff than in the beta.

Is the season pass worth it? As far as shooters go this is the most fun one for me but I am worried about the community dying out once destiny hits. What do you think?

saw this the other day. yah it's total bullshit. i'm sure they'll find a way to fix it soon enough.. i hope.

KingV

It's amazing how still, 5 months(?) after launch this issue of losing connection to server still isn't fixed.

you wanted to look at your stats? Fuck you
you wanted to set burn cards? Fuck you
We took too long to find a match for you? Fuck you
We just don't like your gamertag/gamerpicture/avatar so fuck you

I feel like this is the dark side of azure load balancing. I wonder how much of it is Respawn's fault and how much is MS's.

I'm a bit frustrated with the online experience of both consoles tbh. Last night, in on with the Brehs and then SUDDENLY my party chat stopped working with some weird error. So I play a few games in silence until it kicks me back to the home screen. At that point I just gave up.

Navy Bean

Level 7 is the least fun of all. They give you the worst gun (G24A) and the weakest Titan. Just not fun to play through.

Level 6 was a blast with the Slammer.

iamjohn

Is the season pass worth it? As far as shooters go this is the most fun one for me but I am worried about the community dying out once destiny hits. What do you think?

Be more concerned for when the MCC hits. I don't think Destiny will be as big as everybody thinks.

Welfare

Be more concerned for when the MCC hits. I don't think Destiny will be as big as everybody thinks.
It'll be big, just silly to think other wise. But yeah, Titanfall is going to be small compared to the MCC. The holidays are going to be rough on this game.

looking at his post history, for "defending" Xbox.

People like to deny it but this is most definitely Sony Gaming Age Forum

Yeah, those 'port-to-PC' threads the other day were ridiculous, and no one seemed to take the hint that it wasn't acceptable at the point and time.

Just like the basis of 'jokes' makes thread derailment and shitting acceptable to people.

KingV

It'll be big, just silly to think other wise. But yeah, Titanfall is going to be small compared to the MCC. The holidays are going to be rough on this game.

I think the biggest issue is just that XBO (and PS4) are so new that everybody is still chasing the exact same early adopter shooter fans.I think TF is definitely good enough to have its own community around it for the long haul, but I think the install base just isn't there yet.

garath

So far I've found the PC install base for Attrition to be pretty good. I find a game pretty much instantly and they're pretty much always full. And the matchmaking is good. It's only a completely stomp once in awhile. Usually pretty close otherwise.

It's about all I can ask for out of a MP shooter.

Omega

Banned
Titanbrehs that are still left
RIP Nori & Grime
or don't post
god damn it Raider
we better play Uplink.

So that new CoD ay? There's gona be no one playing Titanfall by the end of the year :(

don't you play on PC? you'll be fine

Jito

Banned
Titanbrehs that are still left
RIP Nori & Grime
or don't post
god damn it Raider
we better play Uplink.

don't you play on PC? you'll be fine

Oh you, well it will be even harder with even less players. Respawn need to step up their game with updates to retain players now.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
So that new CoD ay? There's gona be no one playing Titanfall by the end of the year :(

Doesn't do anything for me really. At best it's a Redbox rental for the campaign, but the multiplayer reveal didn't impress much. Sunset Overdrive drops a week before it does, I'll probably forget it's even coming out.

Omega

Banned
Doesn't do anything for me really. At best it's a Redbox rental for the campaign, but the multiplayer reveal didn't impress much. Sunset Overdrive drops a week before it does, I'll probably forget it's even coming out.

this was how i felt, but everyone else said they're getting it so I figure I might as well.

Otherwise I wasn't going to get it with Sunset the week before and Halo the week after.

Jito

Banned
I imagine that as always though the new CoD will be popular with the masses and it looks more appealing than the previous standard war outings. Just pains me to know Titanfall will most likely be dead by the end of the year, I was hoping it'd have a longer run, hope I'm wrong though.

Daemul

Jesus, that Sunset Overdrive thread is a graveyard. If that's where Grime got banned, than I'm surprised that I never got banned.

Omega

Banned
I imagine that as always though the new CoD will be popular with the masses and it looks more appealing than the previous standard war outings. Just pains me to know Titanfall will most likely be dead by the end of the year, I was hoping it'd have a longer run, hope I'm wrong though.

I think that ship has long sailed. The other games are going to start up their marketing push now and there's not really much Respawn can do.

I just hope they improve on Titanfall 2. They should add smoke grenades (like the anti-titan smoke, I think it can help when teams drop titans at the start of a CTF) and a way to create your own ziplines but limit it to like 2 or 3 (because after all this should be Titanfall and not Spider-Man) Obviously add some customization and more gametypes.

My only other desire would be to let us choose which core ability we want. Maybe I want to use a Stryder with Shield Core so that one arc grenade doesn't kill me, or an Ogre with a Dash Core

Jito

Banned
I think that ship has long sailed. The other games are going to start up their marketing push now and there's not really much Respawn can do.

I just hope they improve on Titanfall 2. They should add smoke grenades (like the anti-titan smoke, I think it can help when teams drop titans at the start of a CTF) and a way to create your own ziplines but limit it to like 2 or 3 (because after all this should be Titanfall and not Spider-Man) Obviously add some customization and more gametypes.

My only other desire would be to let us choose which core ability we want. Maybe I want to use a Stryder with Shield Core so that one arc grenade doesn't kill me, or an Ogre with a Dash Core

Yeh Titanfall 2 needs so much more customisation, decent ranking / matchmaking, clans, spectating, campaign, original game modes etc etc. I can see where a lot of people get the lack of content from, the game is fun as hell but is pretty lacking compared to others.

Omega

Banned
Yeah I was never one to care about it's lack of content. The gameplay is amazing although certain things are annoying at times.

Titanfall is the only competitive ADS shooter I've ever cared for. idk what it is about the game but I find it really fun while also having a pretty decent skill ceiling compared to most modern shooters. While it's no Quake, CS or Halo
CE/2
it's not CoD/Battlefield/Halo
Reach/4
or any other game with forced multiplayer

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

Core abilities were locked for balancing purposes, I think one of the devs explained it a while back in the first OT.

HelloMeow

Matchmaking was fine all week, but the last two days it has been taking minutes again. I'm literally staring at the "searching" window for 5 minutes now.

I took a 2 month break before and now, after just one week, I feel like taking another.

Montresor

I'm addicted to this game. I'm going to go for gen 10 and the full 1400 gs.

I was probably at level 50 gen 3 for 20+ hours of game play. I thought, Pfffttt no way am I wasting my time I'm not gonna attempt gen 10. So I would play the DLC at gen 3 level 50 without going for any challenges. But something clicked and now I'm addicted to finishing all the challenges.

I was pretty efficient for gen 4 and gen 5. I finished all the gen 4 challenges at gen 4 level 39. And I finished all the gen 5 challenges at gen 5 level 46. Gen 6 is going to be brutal... You have to level up tons before you can even begin using the challenge weapons (lmg, triple threat, etc).

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Hi, guys.

I used to game with a good bunch of guys back in the Gears and Halo days this past gen. They have since moved on and our respective schedules and interests seem to not align anymore.

so, what I am getting at is I'd like to join a few of you for group games if there is room for one more :) my interest in this game has spiked considerably since launch (wasnt a big fan of it at first; now I am hooked).

If you think there's a spot for me, please send me a friend request on Xbox Live. My GT is same as my username.

Thanks!

I put you on the spreadsheet here :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DTMRlxSrjuHvQS1UjxqBc4I1G_ftL8L6A4DVnr76cQ4/edit?usp=sharing

Plenty of us still play and there are always games going on every night.

tauke

Kinda off topic here but I just done with Battlefield 4 campaign and many times, I press Q to try activate Stim only to be met with the lousy squad feature.

No wall running and slow time to kill in BF4 campaign means the next Titanfall must have a campaign that can make full use of it's gameplay. Also I think BF4 overall campaign is much weaker than BF3 and the first Modern Warfare.

garath

Kinda off topic here but I just done with Battlefield 4 campaign and many times, I press Q to try activate Stim only to be met with the lousy squad feature.

No wall running and slow time to kill in BF4 campaign means the next Titanfall must have a campaign that can make full use of it's gameplay. Also I think BF4 overall campaign is much weaker than BF3 and the first Modern Warfare.

I wish Titanfall had a real singleplayer campaign. Since I started playing late, I never got a chance to do it. I would have time to play one to two maps and then next time I try to play, the game wouldn't find a group for me and it would roll me back to an earlier map to find a group. Rinse and repeat. I never completed more than the 3rd campaign map :( I was enjoying it too.

Just gave up and played MP.

Top Bottom