• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Killer

Banned
K I'll add you now. I'm still playing.

Finally did that gooser challenge XD

I'll be playing later tonight. EST time.

They added a lot of new stuff in the game. Didn't touch it since release. I bought Expedition pack since it is on sale :D.

Kyzon

Did they make goosers easier? I rarely ever miss them anymore. It's crazy how easy it actually is.

You just got better at them I think. I did get 3 in my last match though, but I was pissed off I couldn't regen yet, lol.

I'll be playing later tonight. EST time.

They added a lot of new stuff in the game. Didn't touch it since release. I bought Expedition pack since it is on sale :D.

Sounds good. I may be on Netflix or whatever so just send me an invite.

tauke

The connection on PC is pretty bad for me. Guessing it's my ISP but I'm getting at least a minimum of 200 ping for my local region aka SEA. o_O

Still doesn't deter me from killing other pilots. Also I noticed at least on PC that while waiting for a match in regular Attrition, it includes the DLC map in the rotation too.

1. If you like Xbox, stay the fuck away from gaming if you're a junior.
  2. If for some reason you ignore rule #1, never say anything negative about PS4. ALWAYS try to put a positive spin on it.
  3. racist/sexist/homophobic posts will get you banned pretty much on the spot.
  4. didntreadlol or something similar will get you banned. this isn't Reddit. as long as you're posting words it's fine but dropping by with a gif or jpeg and nothing else gets you banned
  5. major spoilers
  6. retail fraud
    lol nori
  7. having more than one account = perma

That's pretty much it. Either by experience or seeing people get banned for stuff like that.

Lmao. Get out of here with the persecution complex on the first two.

I post just gifs all the time. Never been banned.

Why did Grime get banned?

He's been banned on two accounts before that one I guess.

KingV

Anyone else on the struggle with Party Chat lately? It was working perfectly fine for me earlier, but now that the brehs are assembling, I can't see/hear anyone

Obscured

No brehs tonight???

Sorry, I went out and got drunk and hot home too late. Hopefully tomorrow.

this kid really had the balls to glitch off map vs me and a bunch of random 1 gens while in a party with a buddy. http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...eist&vid=3ab53b55-3a1e-4397-bafe-a01cf560bab0

unbelievable.

There must be something around that spot. Jigga(I think) posted someone else doing a similar thing although they were under the map, but the same area.

Mr Croft

This guy was madddddd
dl.php

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Respawn said over Twitter that the next update will include new game modes.
Link: https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/499994200159440896

I reckon will be the "Big Brother" and "Capture the Titan" modes. In case you missed my post before, the June 26th and July 31st patches added data related to new game modes.
Link to my post with that information: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123487526&postcount=1971

Big Brother has the teams split into attack and defend. The attacking team has to upload a virus to a control panel. There are 2 panels on the map.
The mode also has a round winning killcam.

RonanN1

Banned
I'm a HUGE TITANFALL fan and I LOVE the game but guys...what the hell is this?

Blood Water & Swampland Connoisseur not unlocking :/

Special C

It is an issue with the achievement server on Xbox One. They will eventually unlock on their own, even if the Xbox isn't on.

Except the ones that don't track progress. Like the stupid trap one on Export. I killed a guy with it while achievements were bugged, and it never popped for me when the rest did.

Ji66a-Man

yeah i tried to post a video. it recorded everything but the first 5 seconds of the match lol

no one else here has the problem to my knowledge because while we've played I've asked.

Regular challenges seem to have this problem of failing to track. I've never seen daily challenges that fail to track.

Obscured

Thanks for keeping that list updated, I've added more. If I see people on I will try to send invites, though I'm bad about it as once I'm in a game I don't bounce back to the friends list to see if new people have come on (I'd like friends to be snappable, I feel like that is something coming, but maybe just made it up in my head).

I was going to wait till Grime came back, but sounds like that will be never, so...
I've seen in some Titanfall threads lately the 'not enough content' statement come up and I'm curious what people mean by that. Do they mean not enough maps, not enough gametypes, no SP campaign, not enough gun unlocks, or all of the above?

For me the content there works because each match is dynamic enough to feel unique. I'd of course like more maps and gametypes but I haven't gotten bored with what is on offer but I've also refined my playstyle as time has gone on. I'm not saying that those criticisms are without merit just curious what the main actual complaint is.

Another thing I'd like to see for future iterations would be a BTB battle, maybe 12v12. I don't think it should be the main focus, but I'd like to see an option (of course we need XB1 party sizes to increase first).

Omega

Banned
content in a multiplayer game is pointless to me.

The whole point of them is to be competitive. To be better than the person you're playing. Give be balanced gameplay and people to play against and I'm good. I played SOCOM 2 for like 6 years.

Halo 4 has tons of content. No sane person would play that over Halo CE/2.

content in a multiplayer game is pointless to me.

The whole point of them is to be competitive. To be better than the person you're playing. Give be balanced gameplay and people to play against and I'm good. I played SOCOM 2 for like 6 years.

Halo 4 has tons of content. No sane person would play that over Halo CE/2.

Yup, i played ShadowRun on 360 all the way up until Titanfall and that had less content than this game. It was just so amazing to play, and the community was really great. I miss how awesome that community was actually.

Wish Titanfall had that.

Omega

Banned
Yup, i played ShadowRun on 360 all the way up until Titanfall and that had less content than this game. It was just so amazing to play, and the community was really great. I miss how awesome that community was actually.

Wish Titanfall had that.

Yeah Shadowrun is a way better example. Unfortunately I only started getting into it around 2009/10 (i forget when Reach came it but it was then), last played it a couple of months ago on PC.

That game had only multiplayer, 6 guns, 6 magic abilities and 6 tech abilities with 4 races. That was it. and I fucking loved it.

because it was balanced. Each weapon served a purpose. Each power served a purpose. Maps were designed to take full advantage of the powers.

IMO Shadowrun is only second to CS. I love Halo/Gears/SOCOM(PS2) but it's not close.

oh, and Shadowrun didn't have ranks. because fuck ranks. Play to win, not for a stupid symbol and number next to your name.

Montresor

Tracking challenges is broken today UGH!!!!! RAGE!!!!

I'm at gen 7 and the challenges I'm tracking keep getting untracked... This is really aggravating.

tauke

Wow my ISP is crushing all form of hope to play Titanfall. I'm getting more than 300+ ping regardless of any region. :(

Got a hilarious remark where I manage to be MVP and got call out for my 400+ ping... like I use Smart Pistol for that match. Just plain old CAR and LOTS OF DEATH as a pilot.

Once I got a Titan, it is mainly predicting what's their action and cross my finger. And of course Nuclear Ejection hehe.

Something I don't get - why is there no easy way to tell bots and players apart? Everything just blends in.

It's pretty easy to tell apart as players animation are much more 'stiff' aka CS style whereby the bots are smoothly animated like any good animators will do. :)

Also players can jump and a dead giveaway when the players uses a female skin which does not exist for the bots.

Obscured

Yeah Shadowrun is a way better example. Unfortunately I only started getting into it around 2009/10 (i forget when Reach came it but it was then), last played it a couple of months ago on PC.

That game had only multiplayer, 6 guns, 6 magic abilities and 6 tech abilities with 4 races. That was it. and I fucking loved it.

because it was balanced. Each weapon served a purpose. Each power served a purpose. Maps were designed to take full advantage of the powers.

IMO Shadowrun is only second to CS. I love Halo/Gears/SOCOM(PS2) but it's not close.

oh, and Shadowrun didn't have ranks. because fuck ranks. Play to win, not for a stupid symbol and number next to your name.

I only played the demo, but at the time I wasn't really playing online much and didn't have any other friends so never picked it up. As much as I've heard about it and as straight forward it is I wonder if a remaster or true sequel would work well. I'd like to see them try.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just decided to give the game a shot again after a few months and it looks like I'm getting hit by the loading time bug again, which is kind of annoying. At least I'm not waiting too long.

Do they mix up the players after a match now?

tauke

Just decided to give the game a shot again after a few months and it looks like I'm getting hit by the loading time bug again, which is kind of annoying. At least I'm not waiting too long.

Do they mix up the players after a match now?

Sometimes I feel that only you and me suffer from this problem over here.

My workaround for the long loading time bug is to switch to a well populated server (in my case West US). Make sure you are connected to the private lobby and at least join one match until you are finish.

From there on, you can quit to main menu and switch to your local region server. It should fix the long loading time bug until it happens randomly again.

Edit: Guess I won't be playing Titanfall until my ISP fix their shitty connection. 300+ ping is getting ridiculous lately even for local region. West US is like 700+ ping.

Duxxy3

It's pretty easy to tell apart as players animation are much more 'stiff' aka CS style whereby the bots are smoothly animated like any good animators will do. :)

Also players can jump and a dead giveaway when the players uses a female skin which does not exist for the bots.

It still would help to have some more noticeable color to differentiate. Especially when they're standing still in a crowd.

Doesn't change how fun the game is, it would just be a QOL fix.

Izuna

Banned
I personally keep Minion Detector on for almost all gametypes and I memorise where they are so I can play process of elimination. I do it automatically that way.

I personally keep Minion Detector on for almost all gametypes and I memorise where they are so I can play process of elimination. I do it automatically that way.

i did this at the very beginning when i first got the game, now it's not necessary unless you're playing attrition.

the auto-titan chip is too valuable.

Anything you record whether it is Magic Moment or from Game DVR it automatically uploads to the MS servers in the background.
I can't see any of my clips on xboxclips.com. My gamertag is BuG vBi and nothing shows uphowever, if I enter a friends gamertag I can see all of their clips.

Top Bottom