• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I thought y'all were full last night, but I guess not. Next time I'll message a breh and get someone booted so I can get my Titanfall on.

Tawpgun

Well I'm on until about 8:30 EST when I have to leave. Haven't played the frontier maps and looks like I never will.... lobbies are dead.

vtphBAB.png

Love those zero death games. I swear I died once at the start, but who am I to argue with the game.

Rayme

Just from your opinion... Does this mean having a party of six will no longer make it impossible to lose, and being solo will no longer have unwinnable matches every so often due to absolutely unbalanced teams?
That's the goal, yes. =)

Thanks for the explanation, although I'm a little confused by this part. Does this mean the MM took no account of Jito and tauke's skill level (and presumably the fact they were dominating) before deciding where to place the new players?
It wouldn't have stacked players against them just because they were winning, no.

Thanks for actually responding but I still don't understand why this means we have to put up with 2 vs 6 games? It was late afternoon on EU West Hardpoint on a Sunday, hardly CTF on Asia at 2 in the morning on a weekday. It's pretty poor matchmaking to put players into games based on searching for teams instead of just empty slots, why do we get punished for playing together and having higher stats in the first place? We've also seen plenty of "next update fixes matchmaking" already for this to mean nothing, I'll believe it when we see it.
I'm not saying you have to put up with 2v6 games. I was trying to explain how we hope to drastically reduce the chance of them even happening. Sorry if we gave the impression that matchmaking was "fixed" in other updates. It has been improved. This'll probably be the biggest (internal) change yet, especially for edge cases like you've highlighted. We'll still be tweaking it after the patch rolls out. Believe what you will, I hope you have fun either way.

Do you Respawn guys ever play your own game? Do you get to enjoy what you've made or are you burnt out on it or too busy?

Oh yeah, a lot. Everyone is different, but I'd say the majority of us do. Everyone got a LOT of (so, so much) playtime in during the buildup to launch (and for the alpha/beta), but that's a cool part about working on an MP game - it's supposed to be endlessly played, right? I think you also learn a lot being a part of it in the wild. Like, in the first patch we added party colors (your friends show with green names instead of the usual blue). Lots of games have done that, and it was always a "would be nice" that was hard to find time for (our schedule was extremely tight). Then we played the Alpha in the wild with our friends (and a bunch of strangers) and it was suddenly "oh, right, shit, yes let's do that now, duh".

The game actually balanced the teams like this in the lobby then stayed this bad for the whole game, I think they got one extra player, final scores were 300 to 80....

Also fixed in the coming patch. The game waits way too long for players who crash/disconnect during level load. We used to never print those "Connecting..." or "Loading..." players in the scoreboard, so (I bet) it was a hidden problem before. Now, in the wild, it's obvious.

Has anyone else felt the game connection has got a bit more sketchy since the last patch?

Me and my friends are having connecting issues where we join a game but one of us doesn't get into the lobby properly and is hanging in a connecting screen for ages. It's happened to different people at on stage or another so i don't think there's anything on our side.

Also put two amped kraber shots into someone yesterday, got a hit marker both times and they just carried on. As well as i a few other incidents things just don't seem as stable as it usually runs.

Lastly have they changed the hip fire accuracy of the 40mm? I usually can nail people easily without aiming, but recently i can't hit the side of a barn with it unless I'm scoped in.

Not really moaning just some things I've noticed and wondered if anyone else is having similar issues. Xbone btw.

tauke

Has anyone else felt the game connection has got a bit more sketchy since the last patch?

Me and my friends are having connecting issues where we join a game but one of us doesn't get into the lobby properly and is hanging in a connecting screen for ages. It's happened to different people at on stage or another so i don't think there's anything on our side.

On the PC, my workaound for hanging connecting screen is to choose a different data center and at least play a complete match before hopping back to my local data center.

Also Respawn, is there any known report for really high ping in game (above 150ms) but the ping to the connected data center is low (aka less than 50ms)? Initially I wanted to put the blame on my ISP but other online games like DOTA2, I'm getting average 70ms.

I already open the ports and the usual restart router modem etc etc and I'm still getting really high ping. My connection used to be decent until last week where my ISP has an outage and after it got restored, the ping start to goes into the high.

Not sure if this is useful information but my connection is VDSL and have a symmetrical 5Mbps download and upload rate.

Ji66a-Man

Hey brehs, thanks for going super dbag mode on my party. You made one guy rage quit with your 5 titans+map hack combo on minion hunter. =/

Jito

Banned

Matchmaking has definitely got worse lately. This match started 3 v 3 and the other team is then completely filled up with high rank players while we get one gen 2 player. How the fuck does this matchmaking decide to spread out the players? It's complete bollocks. Quit the match before finding out who joined those other slots, I'll take a wild guess it was two other low ranked players or they might have even stayed empty all game.

Mr Croft

who even played last night? I saw Raider was in a party with a bunch of non gaf peasants

#dead!

I have a question about teams as well. How does the gamr choose between milita and IMC? I feel whenever I'm in a party I get militia. Also is a update coming to the lobbies? I have a clip of us getting disconnected from the private lobby within 5 seconds 4 separate times! It kinda burns you out...

Phisto

Neo Member
Good games, Hero. Nice to finally meet up with someone.

Any one else on PC? C'mon guys. Let's be cool like the X1 folk.

tauke

Lucky the ping is not that bad for my last two matches. Averaging 80-150ms for my local server.

There is a lot of new Gen 1 players and I feel bad for stomping them. I guess a special training only map where players can get the feel of the game should be introduce in future update as this can help them to familiarize with core gameplay like wallrunning.

Maybe like have them wall running in a giant pithole while taking out moving minions. Also have them learn to spot when a Titan going nuclear ejection since I took out so many Gen 1 players who managed to destroy my Titan but get killed in the process. :p

I know they can learn by playing with randoms but sometimes it is demotivating when you are paired with 5 of Gen 1 players against more experienced players...

Tawpgun

I'm at my GF's place until September. Wifi here fucking blows and I can't snake an ethernet cord through the place....

Case in point.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...pgun&vid=7ea503e4-79e8-49fe-a45f-40514f509f43

Reticle was RIGHT ON THE FUCKER. But my bullets were hitting thin air. Kept happening all night. I can still play but some games are a little brutal and I lose fights when I shouldn't.

Not seen here is an amazing comeback. And I get a clutch last kill.
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...pgun&vid=958da742-65fd-4dff-a810-5ff39b6b3a32

This was an excellent trap/sacrifice play. Good ol' nuclear ejection
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...pgun&vid=89dafc9e-6378-4014-b0d1-b2d9822887bf

Daemul

The Eva-8 Shotgun is the best gun in the game, especially once you get decent at the parkour. It's hilarious just how often you can jump down behind people and take them out with a close range shot, then jump out again before they've even realised what just happened.

Obscured

Haven't been on in a bit because I'm trying to finish Guacamelee (damn those El Infierno challenges) largely because I'm trying to distract myself so I don't buy Diablo, but am going to try and get on tonight.

That's the goal, yes. =)

Oh yeah, a lot. Everyone is different, but I'd say the majority of us do. Everyone got a LOT of (so, so much) playtime in during the buildup to launch (and for the alpha/beta), but that's a cool part about working on an MP game - it's supposed to be endlessly played, right? I think you also learn a lot being a part of it in the wild. Like, in the first patch we added party colors (your friends show with green names instead of the usual blue). Lots of games have done that, and it was always a "would be nice" that was hard to find time for (our schedule was extremely tight). Then we played the Alpha in the wild with our friends (and a bunch of strangers) and it was suddenly "oh, right, shit, yes let's do that now, duh".

Also fixed in the coming patch. The game waits way too long for players who crash/disconnect during level load. We used to never print those "Connecting..." or "Loading..." players in the scoreboard, so (I bet) it was a hidden problem before. Now, in the wild, it's obvious.

The green text is a small but cool thing. I thought it was something always there that I just didn't notice for a while. Especially helpful when you have people on your friends list that can just jump in. There a been a few times I've been playing solo and it is always nice to see that green pop up out of nowhere.

I'm not even mad at them. I'm mad at the guy that rage quit from my team, then expected an invite back after the game was done.

I know that if I ever ended up on the wrong side of the breh line I would just try my best or do incredibly dumb stuff like only go for sidearm kills or only jumpkick across the map. I think I would have to just laugh at the 5 titan drop + map hack. I don't think I've ever rage quit though, I typically just get more stubborn.

Titan Brehs, your leader has returned. Too bad ol grimy is dead. He's probably in the uh
92081-archer-danger-zone-gif-pnbv.gif

I was going to keep posting this and hoping it brought him back.

I'm at my GF's place until September. Wifi here fucking blows and I can't snake an ethernet cord through the place....

Case in point.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...pgun&vid=7ea503e4-79e8-49fe-a45f-40514f509f43

Reticle was RIGHT ON THE FUCKER. But my bullets were hitting thin air. Kept happening all night. I can still play but some games are a little brutal and I lose fights when I shouldn't.

Not seen here is an amazing comeback. And I get a clutch last kill.
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...pgun&vid=958da742-65fd-4dff-a810-5ff39b6b3a32

This was an excellent trap/sacrifice play. Good ol' nuclear ejection

First one is painful. I have a game like that on Haven before, luckily it has been rare.

Always cool when the movement and shooting come together like that, you did it fairly nice and clean as well. It is like an FPS platformer.

Butane123

So I just got this last week through the Gold sale.

Starting last night, it has just been trapped in a constant loop of trying to connect at the title screen. I can see all servers avaliable, just can't get it to connect to anything. Any tips?

Mine01

Guys i have 12$ on origin and just saw its 11.99$, should i buy it? i played the beta maps and really liked them. Is it worth it? is the season pass worthy?

Welfare

Guys i have 12$ on origin and just saw its 11.99$, should i buy it? i played the beta maps and really liked them. Is it worth it? is the season pass worthy?
Hell yeah you should buy it! Very fun game, and so far the maps from the season pass are all very decent. Pretty sure the PC bros are strong enough in numbers to get a full party going. Go get it.

garath

Wow. The price is just plummeting on Titanfall. I thought I was pretty sharp getting titanfall plus season pass for $45 but this is insane. $36 for game + pass :eek:

Mine01

It appers as 21$ for me for both titanfall + season pass.
Something weird ocurred, i had 12$ on my card, went to buy it said i had insufficient funds. I check my card and i have now 11$ saying i spent 1$ on origin -.- lol.

Dunlop

It appers as 21$ for me for both titanfall + season pass.
Something weird ocurred, i had 12$ on my card, went to buy it said i had insufficient funds. I check my card and i have now 11$ saying i spent 1$ on origin -.- lol.

it's $12 when purchased from Origins Mexico (so proxy for most)

Is the base game still worth it? I tried the 48 hour trial and was stuck after the tutorial as it would not connect to another team

There's so many gen 1 players, what gives?

At least there's players being exposed to this game. Once people get a hang of it there is no reason not to love it.

Dunlop

There's so many gen 1 players, what gives?

At least there's players being exposed to this game. Once people get a hang of it there is no reason not to love it.

crazy sale atm, is there enough of a community playing the base game tomake it worthwhile? I would pick up the deluze but I am not sure how it will run on my old ass PC (I was only able to do the tutorial and then the game bugged on my trial)

crazy sale atm, is there enough of a community playing the base game tomake it worthwhile? I would pick up the deluze but I am not sure how it will run on my old ass PC (I was only able to do the tutorial and then the game bugged on my trial)

I'm talking about console. The console version still has a good size community.

Top Bottom