• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Bydobob

Gonna play it on PC tonight and see if I'm the only one in the world playing like the weekly TF thread suggests.

BRB

Well I've just come off playing and there were lots of Gen1 players, many brand new. It's been this way for a while now, it was much harder to find a 6v6 match on PC a few months ago. I wish EA would just release the numbers and stop this circus.

Anyway, the death from above challenge is proving quite elusive. Despite perfect conditions to look for opportunities I barely landed any. Or at least very few registered. I find it odd that splash damage affects your Titan but somehow grunts and spectres are immune.

Match-making was completely indiscriminate tonight despite a full lobby of players. It didn't matter that I was on a 15 match winning run and MVP, it frequently gave me the best players from the other team. I've given up trying to figure it out.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Well I've just come off playing and there were lots of Gen1 players, many brand new. It's been this way for a while now, it was much harder to find a 6v6 match on PC a few months ago. I wish EA would just release the numbers and stop this circus.

Looked fairly balanced to me as far as gen badges go but I didn't play many matches. Not as populated as X1 but not "dead" as I've read on GAF.

Omega

Banned
Ended up playing this party of 5 when playing with friends last night. dudes dropped titans at the start of each match and still lost. 3rd game said fuck it, I'm gonna pull a Ji66a.

Atlas Refurb + Map Hack.

they weren't ready. ended up rage quitting towards the end.

Why is it before gen 8 I was dropping titans on fools like a pro but now i'm struggling to get one a night :( if I try to rodeo a titan and drop one my drop marker always somehow ends up 10 miles away from where I am, bad luck all around.

Obscured

Got through the G3 challenged for SMG and Plasma

Now the satchel pilot kills on the other hand... ç_ç

Maybe you've already been doing this, but play hardpoint. Throw both satchels down with a bit of distance between them (was a bit easier prior to the satchel nerf) and then go about your merry way, Once you see the point starting to be taken by the other team blow up the satchel and you typically will get at least one if not a double (In hardpoint people often like to run together to capture points). Rinse and repeat. This makes the satchel kills go pretty quickly.

Depending on the map you will start to figure out the best hardpoints to put them on. For example on Training grounds A isn't great because it is a huge area that a pilot can be in to capture it and it can be captured by Titans, but C is pretty tiny so you will typically always get them. Sometimes areas that are large still work out well because people go to the same spots. Like on Demeter the central area for B.

I'm going to be really interested to see how this game is doing population-wise as we start to see Destiny, MCC, and others start to hit. I've noticed a lot of people playing Diablo for example. Hopefully people still come back to this game time to time though, I know I will as it scratches a different itch for me than some of those other ones, just hope I'm not playing by myself..

Kolgar

I'm just going to pop in every once in a while and say how amazing the 360 port is. Game's been loads of fun, the new maps are great, and there's a healthy community.

I think the art style of the maps just keeps getting better and better.

All told, one of my favorite games... ever.

Mr Croft

Ended up playing this party of 5 when playing with friends last night. dudes dropped titans at the start of each match and still lost. 3rd game said fuck it, I'm gonna pull a Ji66a.

Atlas Refurb + Map Hack.

they weren't ready. ended up rage quitting towards the end.

the scumbag special!

Tawpgun

how do you figure?

there's only a few tweaks that would have to be made to make this a very competitive game.

Well burn cards need to be eliminated entirely. They're much too abuseable.

The only valid modes would be LTS, CTF, Domination, and maybe Pilot Hunter. Attrition would get too random with the grunt/spectre drops.

The maps kinda suck for it, they seem too random to me.

And personally I think the gunplay leaves a lot to be desired though I wonder if it would feel better on LAN.

There would also need to be standardized settings.

Well burn cards need to be eliminated entirely. They're much too abuseable.

The only valid modes would be LTS, CTF, Domination, and maybe Pilot Hunter. Attrition would get too random with the grunt/spectre drops.

The maps kinda suck for it, they seem too random to me.

And personally I think the gunplay leaves a lot to be desired though I wonder if it would feel better on LAN.

There would also need to be standardized settings.

i actually think the gunplay is really good. Leagues better than what you have on COD.

Omega

Banned
game isn't competitive for the simple fact that it's tick rate is shit. think I saw somewhere it was like 10 or something.

When you die even though you turned a corner 4 minutes ago, that game is automatically ass tier when it comes to anything competitive.

Tawpgun

i actually think the gunplay is really good. Leagues better than what you have on COD.
It feels off to me. Like sometimes it feels like you're not hitting anything which might be a netcode thing.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...pgun&vid=7ea503e4-79e8-49fe-a45f-40514f509f43

Like wtf. My aim should have been good enough for a kill there.

But I think this game would play a lot better if the gunplay was more like Halo. Being able to shoot accuratley while wall running would be sweet. But thats a really big change.

It feels off to me. Like sometimes it feels like you're not hitting anything which might be a netcode thing.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...pgun&vid=7ea503e4-79e8-49fe-a45f-40514f509f43

Like wtf. My aim should have been good enough for a kill there.

But I think this game would play a lot better if the gunplay was more like Halo. Being able to shoot accuratley while wall running would be sweet. But thats a really big change.

to be honest it doesn't look like you hit him, besides the first shot at his chest which wasn't enough you shot at his legs and missed.

So I picked this up digitally after trying a workmate's copy earlier and am wondering if you guys would recommend any or all of the dlc? I don't want to buy something no one plays so just after some opinions (Xbox).

Cheers!

Discobird

game isn't competitive for the simple fact that it's tick rate is shit. think I saw somewhere it was like 10 or something.

When you die even though you turned a corner 4 minutes ago, that game is automatically ass tier when it comes to anything competitive.

It's around 30 if this graph is to be believed: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...ates_comparison_quake_csgo_titanfall_bf3_bf4/

I haven't been frustrated with getting killed around corners or the netcode in general at all on PC, but I can't speak for the console versions.

Mr Croft

Its dying in here lol.

and someone thought this game was competitive really? This game is the most random thing I ever played. It just happens to be fun

Tawpgun

I just play for the parkour to be honest.

Feels super satisfying.

And abusing some of the shittier game mechanics with a team of people. Man is it fun to dong on people. Brings me back to the Halo Reach days

Omega

Banned
How much more burn card slots do you get for genning?

i think it's like 8 more per gen. not like it matters, cards are pointless

i don't even really use burn cards, unless it's titans or map hack i usually just discard them as soon as i get them. or i keep spectre camo for when i feel like trolling people

Tawpgun

i think it's like 8 more per gen. not like it matters, cards are pointless

i don't even really use burn cards, unless it's titans or map hack i usually just discard them as soon as i get them. or i keep spectre camo for when i feel like trolling people

That is where you're wrong.

I might regen now that theres an incentive. Burn cards can get really OP especially if you coordinate with your team

hoyalawya

Is anyone else having a problem playing Frontier's Edge maps (DLC #2)? I tried to play the new maps yesterday but the game kept saying that I do not own the maps. Which is crazy because I already paid for the season pass, have already played the maps when they were first released, and have already gotten all achievements for the new maps. I can play Expedition maps (DLC #1) fine but could not play Frontier's Edge maps (DLC #2). I have tried everything I could think of including uninstalled everything Titanfall, reinstalled everything Titanfall, hard-reset the X1, and removed my profile from the X1.

I could use some of you lovely people to play with. If anyone is interested, I play on Xbox one, just send me a friend request.

My gamertag is: ShadowsFell

Rayme

Is anyone else having a problem playing Frontier's Edge maps (DLC #2)? I tried to play the new maps yesterday but the game kept saying that I do not own the maps. Which is crazy because I already paid for the season pass, have already played the maps when they were first released, and have already gotten all achievements for the new maps. I can play Expedition maps (DLC #1) fine but could not play Frontier's Edge maps (DLC #2). I have tried everything I could think of including uninstalled everything Titanfall, reinstalled everything Titanfall, hard-reset the X1, and removed my profile from the X1.

Are you sure that DLC2 is still installed on your xbox? Just having the season pass won't auto-download it on X1 (I _think_ it does on PC though). If not, you'll need to manually download it from the X1 store again. You can use the "Store" link on Titanfall's main menu to get there faster.

(We'll probably add something to the main menu or etc that tells you which DLC packs are installed. It can be a pain figuring that out.)

No idea why it might have uninstalled from the system though.

hoyalawya

Are you sure that DLC2 is still installed on your xbox? Just having the season pass won't auto-download it on X1 (I _think_ it does on PC though). If not, you'll need to manually download it from the X1 store again. You can use the "Store" link on Titanfall's main menu to get there faster.

(We'll probably add something to the main menu or etc that tells you which DLC packs are installed. It can be a pain figuring that out.)

No idea why it might have uninstalled from the system though.

Yes, DLC2 is installed on the X1. However, I still cannot play it. I tried deleting my profile from the Xbox and re-added it in hope of clearing any license cache. That also did not work. Another strange thing is that I now cannot uninstall DLC2 from the X1. I can uninstall the main game, DLC1, and season pass. My Xbox gamer tag is "Angry Virginian" (just in case).

Rayme

[...] Another strange thing is that I now cannot uninstall DLC2 from the X1. I can uninstall the main game, DLC1, and season pass. [...]

Oh wow, that's crazy. I'd get ahold of Xbox support, it definitely sounds like an OS issue (meaning we wouldn't have any power to fix it at the game level).

Omega

Banned
that is besides the point.

No it's not. If they're not needed then they're pointless

I can't remember the last time I seriously thought to myself "i should bring out some burn cards, these guys look decent"

If I need to even put in 1% effort I'll bring out the carbine. If I need to put in 2% effort I'll bring out the arc cannon.

No one really ever makes it to 3%. The only time it would have been necessary was when we played an LTS against a team of Arc/Particle Wall. Burn cards wouldn't have helped anyway since there's nothing that makes you immune to AC or it's chaining.

Tawpgun

I can't remember the last time I seriously thought to myself "i should bring out some burn cards, these guys look decent"

If I need to even put in 1% effort I'll bring out the carbine. If I need to put in 2% effort I'll bring out the arc cannon.

No one really ever makes it to 3%. The only time it would have been necessary was when we played an LTS against a team of Arc/Particle Wall. Burn cards wouldn't have helped anyway since there's nothing that makes you immune to AC or it's chaining.

If you can abuse the burn cards right they can give you a huge advantage. Most of the burn cards are more annoyances than anything harmful to the team. But once you get some of the titan drop cards paired with things like map hack.... That's when the early steam roll begins.

We? so you mainly play with people? Yah i can see how majority of the time you don't need anything but then again playing as a team with people you know in any game usually gives you an insane advantage.

Solo CTF you need burn cards bud.

Top Bottom