• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Right, settled with taking the longer clips and putting them in a 15 minute "B-roll". Rendering it out now. Will still make a shorter 'tage with music and slick editing and such.

Solsc

Just jumped in and got an xbox one with Titanfall. I need some friends! Please add JoxerTheMightyT

Side note: I'm still learning and not super competitive :p

Omega

Banned
PC vs console are completely different, which should surprise no one.

I'd play on PC more, but the fact that I have to wait more than a minute to get into a match, and I'm US East which is normally the most popular region in every game, makes me play the console version instead.

I really hope that before Respawn abandons Titanfall they include server browsers in the next update. There's no excuse to not have them. I know on gaming side people say "herp derp gotta force DLC sales" but Battlefield has servers and their DLC does really well.

Bydobob

Great demonstration of how game should be played, and well done for editing it all together. MFD chase from 7.15 shows exactly why criticism of the game's short TTK are unfounded. It's all about the movement.

Have to say I'm noticing an increasing number of skilled players using the smart pistol and they're very difficult to play against. This video shows why!

For those marvelling at the PC footage, imagine seeing it moving at 144fps.

Great demonstration of how game should be played, and well done for editing it all together. MFD chase from 7.15 shows exactly why criticism of the game's short TTK are unfounded. It's all about the movement.

Have to say I'm noticing an increasing number of skilled players using the smart pistol and they're very difficult to play against. This video shows why!

For those marvelling at the PC footage, imagine seeing it moving at 144fps.
I recorded at 60 but YouTube. Unless anyone wants to download 2.5 gigs for that version...

And yeah, any time I get in a fight with an equally skilled player combat is much more protracted.

And for dealing with good smart users. My no. 1 priority is to get something between them and me and play cat and mouse.

It's just not possible to play like that on console and that saddens me. Respawn would have to make an adjustment to the jump responsiveness while using a console controller... if they that would even work.

It's just not possible to play like that on console and that saddens me. Respawn would have to make an adjustment to the jump responsiveness while using a console controller... if they that would even work.

You sure? I guess the precision of a mouse really helps when lining up walljumps off of very small walls, but it has to be possible.

tauke

It's been nearly a week since I last play due to the horrible ping by my ISP and it still yet to be solved.

500+ ping to the nearest data center when in game is just sheer total monopoly by the ISP. Guess I need to abandon online gaming until I migrate to another country with excellent internet infrastructure.

8v8 is coming with No Titan's and No A for those who want it :)

And Marked For Death has been made a permanent game mode.

Lots more other stuff as well, all detailed below.

http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-six?sf30380052=1

GAME UPDATE SIX
NEW FEATURES (All Platforms)

Pilot Skirmish is the New Featured Game Mode - Pilot Skirmish is an 8v8 mode with no AI and no Titans. Due to the difference in player sizes with the rest of the game modes, Pilot Skirmish will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist.

Marked For Death is Now its own Permanent Game Mode! - When we first introduced Marked For Death, we were planning to rotate it out for another mode after a couple of weeks, but the enduring popularity of the mode convinced us to bring it on full-time. There will now be a Marked For Death playlist to choose from, along with custom Marked For Death loadouts to unlock.

Added Modes for Colorblind Titan Pilots - Three colorblind options (protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia) have been added. They affect IFF glows, crosshair colors, and names above heads.

Pssst...wanna buy a burn card? - Black Market Daily Deals now include the ability to buy individual Burn Cards from a limited, ever shifting stock. These items are in short supply, so prices may vary.

Gambling is for Winners - Roll the Dice is a new ultra-rare Burn Card that gives you the ability to tap into your entire deck from inside a match. It’s the Fabergé Egg of burn cards if you will.

Burn Card Auto Fill - Toggle the new Burn Card Auto Fill option in the Burn Card Menu and it will automatically fill empty Burn Card slots for you. Never fight empty-handed again.

Late to the Game - Joining late is no longer penalized. If you join a match that is more than half way over and your team is not winning, a loss will not be counted on your record. If the match is a win for your team, we’ll count it as one. We’ve also added a warning message noting you will receive a loss on your record by leaving a match in progress.

IMPROVEMENTS AND OPTIMIZATIONS

FX Optimizations - Optimizing effects processing and moving more effects rendering work onto additional CPU cores is a good thing. So we did that.

Matchmaking - Faster searching, improved team balancing, increasing the likelihood of being in full games, and drastically lowering the chance of having lopsided (e.g. 6v3) matches.

The score is now shown in the center of the screen at the end of each Last Titan Standing round.
New HUD Icons for team Titan counts and players using Burn Cards have been added. Last Titan Standing now shows the number of Pilots left alive on each team.
New voiceover for Round Won and Round Lost events as well as noting whether the gap between the teams’ scores is increasing or decreasing.
GAMEPLAY CHANGES

Titans no longer show up on the minimap when they dash.
Atlas and Stryder melee damage values have been switched to mirror their original design intent. The Titan melee damage order is now: Stryder, Atlas, Ogre from least to most. This is also consistent with the hierarchy of damage for the Big Punch mod.
To stem the influx of Burn Cards at higher levels, the Bonus XP-to-Credits conversion rate for max level players has been adjusted.
As part of the pan-galactic stimulus package, credits for selling rare Burn Cards have been increased from 200 to 400.
BUG FIXES (All Platforms)

For the Black Market we slightly reduced the chance to get rare cards in the Standard Pack, and increased the number of rare cards in the Premium Pack from 4 to 5.
The Auto-Titan vortex effect should no longer orient incorrectly.
Fixed the shotgun, vortex fireback, and arc cannon bypassing Titan shields when used against a Pilot doing a friendly rodeo.
The map Export no longer contains areas where you can shoot through covered windows.
Grenades should now be better at predicting their movement at high frame rates.
Fixed a rare crash bug on Demeter in Campaign mode.
BUG FIXES (Xbox One)

Fixed issue where a user couldn't sign in to Titanfall if there is a second account on the system which has access to Titanfall DLC content which the first user doesn't.
Fixed incorrect leave game dialog behavior when in a party.
Connecting a SmartGlass device to the X1 while Titanfall is running should no longer cause a crash.
You should no longer be able to get behind walls when rodeoing a Titan that is ejecting on Relic.
Titan OS no longer says that you are being attacked by an Enemy Pilot when you are inside an enemy Dome Shield.
BUG FIXES (PC)

Fixed incorrect leave game dialog behavior when in a party.
Coming Soon in a Future Update

New game modes including Wingman Last Titan Standing.

Special C

The 8v8 might be a decent distraction for a while. Should just replace PH with it though.

MFD is easily my least favorite mode. Suprised to hear how popular it is.

tauke

The FX optimization is interesting as Titanfall rarely use more than 30-40% of my CPU resources (Intel i7 4770K overclocked to 4.2GHz).

Still I hope the matchmaking improvements really work this time although I don't think I'm touching Titanfall until I can verify it is my ISP giving me the bad ping service. Sadly said ISP have a total monopoly in my country unless I can try from another country...

For the loss count when joining LTTM (late to the match), it doesn't bother me anymore. Should still be useful for newcomer to the game as it should not demotivate them from continue playing.

8v8 should be vey interesting indeed, i look forward to it. But why the fix for dash as a titan now not showing up on radar? I don't see the point in this. This just makes the Titans even more deadly.

tauke

8v8 should be vey interesting indeed, i look forward to it. But why the fix for dash as a titan now not showing up on radar? I don't see the point in this. This just makes the Titans even more deadly.

Now I can use my evil tactic of ACTIVATING DASH CORE with the Stryder and nuclear eject at unsuspecting enemy titan!

Still makes me wonder why they change it though.

Nice sounding update, though I could not care less about an 8v8 without AI or Titans. Seems like it would be boring.

I actually haven't booted the game up in almost 2 weeks I think. Diablo and Madden have distracted me.

Montresor

I think I found an annoying bug with Titanfall:

Here are circumstances:

I'm at my brother's condo. We are playing on my brother's Xbox One. My own Xbox One is back at my apartment.

My gamertag owns:

Titanfall digital license
Titanfall season pass

My "Home Xbox" is officially the console at my apartment. The console at my brother's condo is not officially designated as my "Home Xbox".

My brother owns:

Titanfall disc
He does not own the Titanfall digital license
He does not own the Titanfall season pass

His "Home Xbox" is the console at his own condo.

What is installed on my brother's Xbox One?:

Titanfall is installed, originally via disc installation
Titanfall season pass is installed, downloaded via my gamertag

What happens?:

If I try to play Titanfall on my brother's Xbox (with or without a disc), I can play without issues. This makes sense, since I own the digital license and the season pass.

If my brother tries to play Titanfall on his own Xbox (with the disc), he cannot play. He is stuck at the "Signing in" screen.

How to resolve:

Delete season pass content, or
Set my "Home Xbox" as my brother's Xbox, or
Sign in with my gamertag

Why this is happening:

Looks like Titanfall does not know how to handle a player that does not have a Season Pass license if Season Pass content is installed. Does anyone else agree that Titanfall should be able to simply sign him in, lock him out of season pas content, and let him play normally? None of the resolutions shown above are really convenient... Deleting season pass content is inconvenient for obvious reasons (I don't want to have to redownload it whenever I visit my brother). Making his console as my "Home Xbox" is not a solution, because what if I'm back at my apartment? I'm going to want my own Xbox to become the "Home Xbox" again. My brother then wouldn't be able to play Titanfall without deleting my Season Pass, which like I said, would be inconvenient (we would be forced to download it again). Signing in with my own gamertag is obviously not practical (what if I am playing at my own apartment, we're going to have two instances of my tag logged in? and signing in with my tag, while I'm already signed in elsewhere, could be considered a bannable instance of game sharing).

Based Respawn. Looks like this bug is now fixed in upcoming TU6.

Welfare

Now they make MFD permanent. Wanted more game modes a while ago Respawn!

Pilot Skirmish sounds alright, but no titans?? I don't know.

Update looks to be good.

Stackboy

Hope the new update fixes the connectivity issues I have been experiencing since the last patch. Find it nearly impossible to join matches here in Australia, but no problems on overseas servers. Only started happening since the last update and DLC.

tauke

All these GAFers posting in the TU6 thread, but totally absent from the OT thread. orz

I'll be posting here often like I used to if not for my current ping issue. :(

Anyway I hope EA do another round of sales when the Update 6 arrives so there will be more players on PC.

I don't mind fresh meat as long there is enough players and not 2 vs 2 while waiting for matchmaking to throw in players to the opponent team instead.

Dropping titans on people should really be less like gooser, 50 is overkill compared to everything else.

Not asking for it to be 5 (that's too low even for gooser) but 15 or so, 50... :/

My current play style right now is to try and crush people and fuck KD ratio, get my titan quicker by shooting anti titan grenades at others, if I try to play normally I feel like i'm not progressing and go back to doing silly shit again.

Also the more I play the more I believe that the carbine should do the damage values it does with a silencer attached as it's main damage output, it's the best beat-all weapon.

I wanted to gen 10 before more games come out which I want but I don't think i'll manage it.

Special C

Dropping titans on people should really be less like gooser, 50 is overkill compared to everything else.

Not asking for it to be 5 (that's too low even for gooser) but 15 or so, 50... :/

My current play style right now is to try and crush people and fuck KD ratio, get my titan quicker by shooting anti titan grenades at others, if I try to play normally I feel like i'm not progressing and go back to doing silly shit again.

That challenge tanked my K/D hard. It was by far the worst one to do.

That challenge tanked my K/D hard. It was by far the worst one to do.

I don't care for KD but I do care about not trying to win as hard as I know that I can, i'm gimping the team big time when I usually get top two on my team quite often, sucks.

Winning or weapon use challenges keep you playing normally at least, things like dropping a titan on another are flat out game breakers.

I don't care for KD but I do care about not trying to win as hard as I know that I can, i'm gimping the team big time when I usually get top two on my team quite often, sucks.

Winning or weapon use challenges keep you playing normally at least, things like dropping a titan on another are flat out game breakers.

You do understand you can also drop the Titan on any enemy not just other titans for that challenge? The easiest way to do it is drop your Titan on one of the drop pods of grunts while They are grouped together.

also using your grenade launcher against infantry is not very effective you are better off using a regular gun. You shouldn't have to change your play style much for that challenge if at all.

I've got 11 drops to go until I clear Gen 8 but I don't really care about it so if I get a drop that's great, if I don't whatever. My real problem with that challenge is that I can never seem to pinpoint where I want it to drop. Is it just where the reticule is pointing that it drops? Because it always seems to land either just off where I want it or on the other side of an open plain. :/

Picked up the game today and am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Is there a way to practice with just bots?

I feel like a complete liability to any team I am on. :(

Should I just focus on being a pilot for now and avoid getting in my Titan? How did you wrap your head around the game?

Tawpgun

Picked up the game today and am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Is there a way to practice with just bots?

Should I just focus on being a pilot for now and avoid getting in my Titan? How did you wrap your head around the game?

If you just play attrition you can just go bot hunting and contribute more than most people.

Make sure you do the tutorial and just keep playing. Pretty soon you'll be wall running everywhere

Also the more I play the more I believe that the carbine should do the damage values it does with a silencer attached as it's main damage output, it's the best beat-all weapon.

Wwait, what? You want it to do the same damage?

PSA: if you play CTF and you have the flag please don't try and run it if there is a teammate by you with a Titan. Jump on the fucking titan.

This is by far my biggest peeve with new players. Drives me crazzzzzzyyyyy

Top Bottom